Subject: [Fot] Bell housings available for 5 speed transmissions

From: Kenneth Knight via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:04:00 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6431989013356416198==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D07B6A.798D7D50"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D07B6A.798D7D50
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Racers;

=20

There has been much concern over keeping our aging racing transmissions
together to make events.  One solution, and this is between you and your
club, is to adapt a modern 4/5 speed racing transmission (Jericho/Ford
Sierra etc.) to your car.  Most of these transmissions will take HP and
torque many times what even the best TR race motors can produce.  In =
theory,
you will be able to run one of these modern transmissions for years =
between
rebuilds, not races.  Gear ratios very close to a CR Triumph =
transmission
are available and 5th will be similar to running the TR OD transmission. =
 If
you goal is to race, but not rebuild your transmission all the time, =
this
may be the answer.

=20

To use one of these transmissions you need a bell housing.  I have =
sourced a
small batch of brand new (undrilled transmission mounting face, but =
block
mounting is ready to go) bell housings that will fit the TR 3/4/250/6 =
(or
any TR that can mount a transmission from this line).   They are =
available
for $450.00 + shipping, but the supply is very limited.  If there is a
demand, more can be ordered, but the lead time is not short.

=20

This is a serious DIY project that will require a machinist and =
engineering
skill.  These bell housings will take input shaft lengths in the range =
of
=B17.00=94 but it will require a plate of proper thickness to make it =
all work.
You will also have to use an annular throw-out bearing.    Contact me if =
you
are interested.

=20

Cheers,

Ken Knight

3DR =20

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D07B6A.798D7D50
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Racers;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There has =
been much concern over keeping our aging racing transmissions together =
to make events.=A0 One solution, and this is between you and your club, =
is to adapt a modern 4/5 speed racing transmission (Jericho/Ford Sierra =
etc.) to your car.=A0 Most of these transmissions will take HP and =
torque many times what even the best TR race motors can produce.=A0 In =
theory, you will be able to run one of these modern transmissions for =
<i>years</i> between rebuilds, not races.=A0 Gear ratios very close to a =
CR Triumph transmission are available and 5<sup>th</sup> will be similar =
to running the TR OD transmission.=A0 If you goal is to race, but not =
rebuild your transmission all the time, this may be the =
answer.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>To use one of these transmissions you need a bell =
housing.=A0 I have sourced a small batch of brand new (undrilled =
transmission mounting face, but block mounting is ready to go) bell =
housings that will fit the TR 3/4/250/6 (or any TR that can mount a =
transmission from this line). =A0=A0They are available for $450.00 + =
shipping, but the supply is very limited.=A0 If there is a demand, more =
can be ordered, but the lead time is not short.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is a =
serious DIY project that will require a machinist and engineering =
skill.=A0 These bell housings will take input shaft lengths in the range =
of =B17.00&#8221; but it will require a plate of proper thickness to =
make it all work.=A0 You will also have to use an annular throw-out =
bearing.=A0=A0=A0 Contact me if you are interested.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ken =
Knight<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>3DR=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D07B6A.798D7D50--

--===============6431989013356416198==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6431989013356416198==--