Subject: [Fot] valve seals

From: Glenn Franco via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:55:17 -0400

Hi all

Looking for some advise on what valve seals will fit the Spit 1500 or 
TR6 Valves.
I just finished an engine build and when I built the head I knurled the 
guides. Normally I have had no issues knurling the guides on both spit 
and TR6 engines. I went the extra mile and reamed the guide after 
instead of just burnish and now I have an issue with oil getting by the 
guides.
This one puffs on decel and with high manifold vacuum.
Anyway I'm looking for the old fashion umbrella seals or something 
better that doesn't require machining the outside of the guide like the 
old perfect circle seals.
I'm in the process of moving and need to get this spit (mine) out of the 
shop pronto.

Thanks in advance
Glenn

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive