Subject: [Fot] Sonoma timed practice vid

From: Dave Hogye via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 07:25:44 -0700

--===============8672034722777242629==

--Apple-Mail-1--257221789
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Hello Friends,
Please view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed practice at =
Sonoma.
I had a blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field.  My =
TR3 is performing well.  This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the car =
has an equivalent of 5 weekends on it now with the 2 Hooked on Driving =
track days.  Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only been adding gas =
and checking tire pressures.  I enjoy driving on the street from time to =
time too.  That's one way I work things out before I get to the track.

Dave=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVxOTVY6M2io

--Apple-Mail-1--257221789
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><base href=3D"data:"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><base href=3D"data:"><div style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; color: black; text-align: left; ">Hello =
Friends,</div><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
color: black; text-align: left; ">Please view this link to my video from =
last Saturday's timed practice at Sonoma.</div><div style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; color: black; text-align: left; ">I had a =
blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field. &nbsp;My =
TR3 is performing well. &nbsp;This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the =
car has an equivalent of 5 weekends on it now with the 2 Hooked on =
Driving track days. &nbsp;Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only =
been adding gas and checking tire pressures. &nbsp;I enjoy driving on =
the street from time to time too. &nbsp;That's one way I work things out =
before I get to the track.</div><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; color: black; text-align: left; "><br></div><div =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; color: black; =
text-align: left; ">Dave&nbsp;</div><div style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; color: black; text-align: left; =
"><br></div><a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVxOTVY6M2io">https://www.youtube=
.com/watch?v=3DVxOTVY6M2io</a><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; color: black; text-align: left; "><br =
class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-1--257221789--

--===============8672034722777242629==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8672034722777242629==--

---

From: Marcel Van Mulders via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 07:49:13 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0476505958332702567==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01D07A75.54400B30"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D07A75.54400B30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hallo Dave;
One can see that you enjoy the driving and the racing in your TR3. It
strikingly makes me think  my late TR3 racecar : the same shade of yellow,
the same steering wheel. It came to an end at the Zandvoort racing circuit a
year ago after an eventfull 12 year racing career and proving that a TR3 can
be as fast as every other TR. In Hockenheim, I had my first racing week-end
with Bob Kramer's TR4A : engine problems made me stop after 10 laps. In 2
weeks it's Zandvoort again.
Do you have video's of races Dave?
Marcel

  _____  

Van: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens Dave Hogye via Fot
Verzonden: dinsdag 14 april 2015 16:26
Aan: Friends of Friends of Triumph
Onderwerp: [Fot] Sonoma timed practice vid

Hello Friends,
Please view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed practice at
Sonoma.
I had a blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field.  My TR3
is performing well.  This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the car has an
equivalent of 5 weekends on it now with the 2 Hooked on Driving track days.
Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only been adding gas and checking
tire pressures.  I enjoy driving on the street from time to time too.
That's one way I work things out before I get to the track.

Dave 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOTVY6M2io 

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D07A75.54400B30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"data:">
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17728"></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space">
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D536423205-19042015>Hallo Dave;</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D536423205-19042015>One can see that you enjoy the driving and =
the racing=20
in your TR3. It strikingly makes me think&nbsp; my late TR3&nbsp;racecar =
: the=20
same shade of yellow, the same steering wheel. It came to an end at the=20
Zandvoort racing circuit a year ago&nbsp;after an eventfull&nbsp;12 year =
racing=20
career and proving that a TR3 can be as fast as every other TR. In =
Hockenheim, I=20
had my first racing week-end with Bob Kramer's TR4A : engine problems =
made me=20
stop after 10 laps. In 2 weeks it's Zandvoort again.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D536423205-19042015>Do you have video's of races =
Dave?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D536423205-19042015>Marcel</SPAN></FONT></DIV><BR>
<DIV lang=3Dnl class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>
<HR tabIndex=3D-1>
<FONT size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><B>Van:</B> Fot =
[mailto:[email-masked]]=20
<B>Namens </B>Dave Hogye via Fot<BR><B>Verzonden:</B> dinsdag 14 april =
2015=20
16:26<BR><B>Aan:</B> Friends of Friends of Triumph<BR><B>Onderwerp:</B> =
[Fot]=20
Sonoma timed practice vid<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BASE href=3D"data:">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left">Hello=20
Friends,</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left">Please=20
view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed practice at =
Sonoma.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left">I=20
had a blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field. =
&nbsp;My TR3=20
is performing well. &nbsp;This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the car =
has an=20
equivalent of 5 weekends on it now with the 2 Hooked on Driving track =
days.=20
&nbsp;Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only been adding gas and =
checking=20
tire pressures. &nbsp;I enjoy driving on the street from time to time =
too.=20
&nbsp;That's one way I work things out before I get to the track.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left"><BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left">Dave&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left"><BR></DIV><A=20
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVxOTVY6M2io">https://www.youtub=
e.com/watch?v=3DVxOTVY6M2io</A>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica; COLOR: black; =
TEXT-ALIGN: left"><BR=20
class=3Dwebkit-block-placeholder></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D07A75.54400B30--

--===============0476505958332702567==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0476505958332702567==--

---

From: Marcel Van Mulders via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:11:48 +0200 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90"

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Bob,
I had a weird ignition problem. I don't know exactly what happened but =
it
seems that cylinder #3 got an earlier ignition timing than the other
cylinders,hence heavy detonation, with a holed piston as a consequence. =
The
maximum total advance was already about at the border with 34=B0 but the =
other
pistons do not show any detonation damage. When the engine is complete
again, I'll try to find the culprit exactly. Only in the first two laps, =
the
engine went about normal, but it was misfiring already but road holding =
and
especially the brakes were great. I started at 12th position on the grid =
and
after the timed practice, I changed the anti roll bar balance, brake =
bias
and rear axle ratio. After 2 laps, I was in fourth position but then the
power faded and it ended in a cloud of black smoke. Hopefully I can show =
the
potential of the car at the Zandvoort circuit on May the 2nd-3rd. I will
post an onboard video if I can finish a race there. I will all do what I =
can
to make you regret you sold your car! :-).
Marcel.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Verzonden: maandag 20 april 2015 17:50
Aan: Marcel Van Mulders
Onderwerp: Re: [Fot] Sonoma timed practice vid

Marcel

I looked at a Youtube video of a race from Hockenheim. I looked liked =
you
were gridded in the top 12 and at one point were running 4th, then you =
were
gone. What broke?

Bob Kramer
[email-masked]

---- Marcel Van Mulders via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:=20
> Hallo Dave;
> One can see that you enjoy the driving and the racing in your TR3. It=20
> strikingly makes me think  my late TR3 racecar : the same shade of=20
> yellow, the same steering wheel. It came to an end at the Zandvoort=20
> racing circuit a year ago after an eventfull 12 year racing career and =

> proving that a TR3 can be as fast as every other TR. In Hockenheim, I=20
> had my first racing week-end with Bob Kramer's TR4A : engine problems=20
> made me stop after 10 laps. In 2 weeks it's Zandvoort again.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Please view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed practice=20
> at Sonoma.
> I had a blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field. =20
> My TR3 is performing well.  This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the=20
Driving
track days.
> Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only been adding gas and=20
> checking tire pressures.  I enjoy driving on the street from time to =
time
too.
>=20
>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90
	name="P1010020.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="P1010020.JPG"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90
	name="P1010024.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="P1010024.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D07B95.782FDA90--

---

From: Bob Kramer via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:19:26 +0000

Marcel,

It sure looks good! I'm sorry that you had problems. I know you were on your way to a good finish, and you haven't had much time to get used to a different car. Best of luck.

Bob Kramer
[email-masked]

---- Marcel Van Mulders <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>  Bob,
> I had a weird ignition problem. I don't know exactly what happened but it
> cylinders,hence heavy detonation, with a holed piston as a consequence. The
> maximum total advance was already about at the border with 34° but the other
> again, I'll try to find the culprit exactly. Only in the first two laps, the
> engine went about normal, but it was misfiring already but road holding and
> especially the brakes were great. I started at 12th position on the grid and
> after the timed practice, I changed the anti roll bar balance, brake bias
> power faded and it ended in a cloud of black smoke. Hopefully I can show the
> post an onboard video if I can finish a race there. I will all do what I can
> Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> I looked at a Youtube video of a race from Hockenheim. I looked liked you
> were gridded in the top 12 and at one point were running 4th, then you were
> gone. What broke?
> 
> Bob Kramer
> [email-masked]
> 
> ---- Marcel Van Mulders via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> > Hallo Dave;
> > strikingly makes me think  my late TR3 racecar : the same shade of 
> > yellow, the same steering wheel. It came to an end at the Zandvoort 
> > racing circuit a year ago after an eventfull 12 year racing career and 
> > proving that a TR3 can be as fast as every other TR. In Hockenheim, I 
> > had my first racing week-end with Bob Kramer's TR4A : engine problems 
> > Please view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed practice 
> > at Sonoma.
> > I had a blast driving in traffic with close to 50 cars in the field.  
> > My TR3 is performing well.  This is my 3rd weekend of racing and the 
> > car has an equivalent of 5 weekends on it now with the 2 Hooked on Driving
> track days.
> > Besides the past axle seal issue, I've only been adding gas and 
> > checking tire pressures.  I enjoy driving on the street from time to time
> too.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kramer via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:48:36 +0000

Marcel.

I missed that there were attachments. I agree that there is a big intake leak, on #3 . That is a lot of erosion. 
I'd bet on a warped head.
 
Bob Kramer
[email-masked]

---- [email-masked] wrote: 
> Marcel 
> The photo shows a massive head gasket leak on # 3. When I first read the post I was, and am wondering how an early spark 
> could occur on # 3 only. My first though was maybe an intake manifold leak at # 3 causing it to lean out. 
> jim g 
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> 
> From: "Marcel Van Mulders via Fot" <[email-masked]> 
> To: [email-masked] 
> Cc: "fot" <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 10:28:28 AM 
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Sonoma timed practice vid 
> 
> Thanks Bob, 
> It takes a lot of time and effort (and money) to make a new car to perform 
> to your likes. 
> I'm sure the TR6 will make you happy sooner or later. 
> Marcel. 
> 
> Verzonden: maandag 20 april 2015 18:19 
> Aan: Marcel Van Mulders 
> CC: [email-masked] 
> Onderwerp: RE: [Fot] Sonoma timed practice vid 
> 
> Marcel, 
> 
> It sure looks good! I'm sorry that you had problems. I know you were on your 
> way to a good finish, and you haven't had much time to get used to a 
> different car. Best of luck. 
> 
> Bob Kramer 
> [email-masked] 
> 
> > I had a weird ignition problem. I don't know exactly what happened but 
> > it seems that cylinder #3 got an earlier ignition timing than the 
> > other cylinders,hence heavy detonation, with a holed piston as a 
> > consequence. The maximum total advance was already about at the border 
> > with 34° but the other pistons do not show any detonation damage. When 
> > the engine is complete again, I'll try to find the culprit exactly. 
> > Only in the first two laps, the engine went about normal, but it was 
> > misfiring already but road holding and especially the brakes were 
> > great. I started at 12th position on the grid and after the timed 
> > practice, I changed the anti roll bar balance, brake bias and rear 
> > axle ratio. After 2 laps, I was in fourth position but then the power 
> > faded and it ended in a cloud of black smoke. Hopefully I can show the 
> > potential of the car at the Zandvoort circuit on May the 2nd-3rd. I 
> > will post an onboard video if I can finish a race there. I will all do 
> what I can to make you regret you sold your car! :-). 
> > Marcel. 
> > 
> > I looked at a Youtube video of a race from Hockenheim. I looked liked 
> > you were gridded in the top 12 and at one point were running 4th, then 
> > you were gone. What broke? 
> > 
> > Bob Kramer 
> > [email-masked] 
> > 
> > > One can see that you enjoy the driving and the racing in your TR3. 
> > > It strikingly makes me think  my late TR3 racecar : the same shade 
> > > of yellow, the same steering wheel. It came to an end at the 
> > > Zandvoort racing circuit a year ago after an eventfull 12 year 
> > > racing career and proving that a TR3 can be as fast as every other 
> > > TR. In Hockenheim, I had my first racing week-end with Bob Kramer's 
> > > TR4A : engine problems made me stop after 10 laps. In 2 weeks it's 
> Zandvoort again. 
> > > Please view this link to my video from last Saturday's timed 
> > > practice at Sonoma. 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] 
> 
> 
>