Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup Tech

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:38:14 -0400

--===============2058446096574488244==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_2FAFC553-9525-40F6-B63A-6AE7D705C4D1"

--Apple-Mail=_2FAFC553-9525-40F6-B63A-6AE7D705C4D1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I hope I'm lecturing to the converted and this message isn't needed, but =
I just talked to Tivvy Shelton, the lead tech inspector for the event.

He reminded me that no car can run without a fuel cell, no exceptions, =
and that they will be checking expiration dates on driver restraint =
belts and the Snell/FIA date on the helmet.

Belts need to be no more than five years old.

Helmets need to be SA 2005 or later.  No motorcycle helmets.

Arm restraints are required on open cars, a net or window side arm =
restraint on closed cars.

They do check ignition cut-off switches, brake lights, catch cans, =
steering play, etc - it's a decent tech inspection from a safety =
standpoint.

We will be getting a dedicated roving inspector or two for the Triumph =
paddock (thanks, Tivvy!).

for more info, take a look at the VRG car specification rules on-line at =
www.vrg-online.org

--Apple-Mail=_2FAFC553-9525-40F6-B63A-6AE7D705C4D1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">I =
hope I'm lecturing to the converted and this message isn't needed, but I =
just talked to Tivvy Shelton, the lead tech inspector for the =
event.<div><br></div><div>He reminded me that no car can run without a =
fuel cell, no exceptions, and that they will be checking expiration =
dates on driver restraint belts and the Snell/FIA date on the =
helmet.</div><div><br></div><div>Belts need to be no more than five =
years old.</div><div><br></div><div>Helmets need to be SA 2005 or later. =
&nbsp;No motorcycle helmets.</div><div><br></div><div>Arm restraints are =
required on open cars, a net or window side arm restraint on closed =
cars.</div><div><br></div><div>They do check ignition cut-off switches, =
brake lights, catch cans, steering play, etc - it's a decent tech =
inspection from a safety standpoint.</div><div><br></div><div>We will =
be&nbsp;getting a dedicated roving inspector or two for the Triumph =
paddock (thanks, Tivvy!).</div><div><br></div><div>for more info, take a =
look at the VRG car specification rules on-line at <a =
href=3D"http://www.vrg-online.org">www.vrg-online.org</a></div><div><br></=
div><div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_2FAFC553-9525-40F6-B63A-6AE7D705C4D1--

--===============2058446096574488244==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2058446096574488244==--