Subject: [Fot] tuftrided rocker shaft finish

From: Jason Sukey via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:24:19 -0400

--===============4124981799891695001==

--001a11c11de66bf8b90511b91287

I'm installing a new rocker shaft in the GT6 - Heavy Duty tuftrited shaft
from BPNW-
After cleaning, there is still a gray matte finish on the surface.  I'm
wondering if I should polish this to a finer finish or if this finish is
helping to retain oil.  I'm leaning towards polishing to as smooth as
possible, but am looking for any experience with this from the list.

Thank you,

Jason Sukey

--001a11c11de66bf8b90511b91287
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div>I&#39;m installing a new rocker shaft in th=
e GT6 - Heavy Duty tuftrited shaft from BPNW- <br></div>After cleaning, the=
re is still a gray matte finish on the surface.=C2=A0 I&#39;m wondering if =
I should polish this to a finer finish or if this finish is helping to reta=
in oil.=C2=A0 I&#39;m leaning towards polishing to as smooth as possible, b=
ut am looking for any experience with this from the list.<br><br></div>Than=
k you,<br><br></div>Jason Sukey<br></div>

--001a11c11de66bf8b90511b91287--

--===============4124981799891695001==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4124981799891695001==--

---

From: Mike Munson via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:52:13 -0500

The first thing you should do with that shaft is make sure the oil passage isn't clogged. I have seen several of them clogged with salt? And the damaged rockers that resulted from lack of oil. 

Mike Munson 
#28 EP TR6

> On Mar 20, 2015, at 9:24 AM, Jason Sukey via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I'm installing a new rocker shaft in the GT6 - Heavy Duty tuftrited shaft from BPNW- 
> After cleaning, there is still a gray matte finish on the surface.  I'm wondering if I should polish this to a finer finish or if this finish is helping to retain oil.  I'm leaning towards polishing to as smooth as possible, but am looking for any experience with this from the list.
> 
> Thank you,
> 
> Jason Sukey
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>