Subject: [Fot] TR3 10" brake question

From: Don Marshall via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:04:56 -0400

--===============6124425144317880542==

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0

My '57 TR3 (street car) has Girling 10" drums on the rear.  The new shoes I
just got are too thick for the drums to fit over them.  Based on the TR3
shop manual I'm putting them on correctly.  Has anyone else experienced
this with new shoes?  I guess I can either sand the shoes down or have the
drums turned enough to make them fit. This is a very low mileage car so
there's plenty of meat in the drums.  If there's better answer I'd like to
know what it is.  Thanks, Don

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My &#39;57 TR3 (street car) has Girling 10&quot; drums on =
the rear.=C2=A0 The new shoes I just got are too thick for the drums to fit=
 over them.=C2=A0 Based on the TR3 shop manual I&#39;m putting them on corr=
ectly.=C2=A0 Has anyone else experienced this with new shoes?=C2=A0 I guess=
 I can either sand the shoes down or have the drums turned enough to make t=
hem fit. This is a very low mileage car so there&#39;s plenty of meat in th=
e drums.=C2=A0 If there&#39;s better answer I&#39;d like to know what it is=
.=C2=A0 Thanks, Don=C2=A0</div>

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0--

--===============6124425144317880542==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6124425144317880542==--

---

From: Ted Schumacher via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:17:59 -0400

--===============1281897698229347846==
        boundary=--_com.android.email_52705362671397_alt

----_com.android.email_52705362671397_alt
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

U28gd2lsbCB3ZS4gVGVkCgpTZW50IGZyb20gbXkgVmVyaXpvbiBXaXJlbGVzcyA0RyBMVEUgRFJP
SUQKClNDT1RUIEpBTlpFTiB2aWEgRm90IDxmb3RAYXV0b3gudGVhbS5uZXQ+IHdyb3RlOgoKPl9f
X19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fCj5mb3RAYXV0b3gu
dGVhbS5uZXQKPgo+aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mb3QtcmFjaW5nLmNvbQo+Cj5Eb25hdGU6IGh0dHA6Ly93
d3cudGVhbS5uZXQvZG9uYXRlLmh0bWwKPkFyY2hpdmU6IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudGVhbS5uZXQvYXJj
aGl2ZQo+Rm9ydW1zOiBodHRwOi8vd3d3LnRlYW0ubmV0L2ZvcnVtcwo+VW5zdWJzY3JpYmUvTWFu
YWdlOiBodHRwOi8vYXV0b3gudGVhbS5uZXQvbWFpbG1hbi9vcHRpb25zL2ZvdC90ZWR0c2lteEBi
cmlnaHQubmV0Cj4KPgo=
----_com.android.email_52705362671397_alt
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_52705362671397_alt--

--===============1281897698229347846==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1281897698229347846==--