Subject: [Fot] TR? Could hurt your eyes

From: Paul MacDonald via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 23:49:27 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6676879238869531649==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0070_01D0579F.047AD600"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01D0579F.047AD600
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261798773141?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/261798773141?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageNam
e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT> &ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

OMG!!

Paul

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01D0579F.047AD600
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.ebay.com/itm/261798773141?_trksid=3Dp2060778.m1438.l26=
49&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">http://www.ebay.com/itm/261798773=
141?_trksid=3Dp2060778.m1438.l2649&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT</a=
><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>OMG!!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Paul<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0070_01D0579F.047AD600--

--===============6676879238869531649==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6676879238869531649==--

---

From: Doug Mitchell via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:17:46 -0500

--===============6675045723533230725==

----_com.android.email_38818432570490
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_38818432570490
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_38818432570490--

--===============6675045723533230725==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6675045723533230725==--

---

From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:20:23 -0500

--===============1993935368237965976==
	boundary="----=_Part_6160_318942406.1425658823758"

------=_Part_6160_318942406.1425658823758
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I kind of like the concept, they just stopped a little short.  Picture the same car with some box flairs covering the tires, some panasports instead of those wheels on there currently, and turbo 4 or 6 cylinder.......  

 
Amici...

My instructor at the first Driver's School I ever attended was a guy named Hal Ulrich.  He was an ex-SCCA National Champion, and in fact had to be one of the first ever, because he raced in all of those early USA sports car races through the streets of Elkhart Lake and Watkins Glen.  He was a hired hot shoe, who drove for 'gentleman' sports car owners.  He was a great guy, but I drove him crazy because I couldn't double clutch during the sessions, and I was wearing out the synchros.  He and his brother Bill ran a 'speed shop' that, back in the day, catered to Chicago's 'Gold Coast' (Lake Forest, etc.) folks.  His life time experiences were full of exotic cars like Aston Martin, Bugatti, Excaliber, Ferrari, etc., but he had a special place in his heart for Triumphs (especially the TR2 and TR3).  He told me that in the mid to late 1950s they put tons of Chevy V8 engines in TR2s and TR3s.  He said they must have done forty or fifty of them.

Hal is dead now, and I am not sure about Bill.  But these were two extremely interesting guys.  When they started telling tales, you would end up spell bound.  Bill's lifetime quest was the process of developing his own 'Bugatti-like' engine.  Not sure if it ever became a physical reality, but I know there was a bunch of people interested in it, and being involved financially.  One story Hal told me was about the time one of his customers bought one of the three Bugatti Royales.  Hal flew out to New Jersey to pick it up, and then drove it back to Chicago.  He said mechanically it made the trip with no problem whatsoever, except that it was the dead of winter, and the car had no heater (at least no working heater).  Those three Royales  are now, arguably, the most valuable collector cars in the world.

I am rambling, but my point was that even back in the late 1950s lots of people were modifying TR3s.  That's my point, my position is, "Shame on them!"

Bill Dentinger

------=_Part_6160_318942406.1425658823758
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div><font face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" style=3D"background-color:=
 transparent;"></font></div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
><blockquote style=3D"padding-left: 3px; border-left-color: blue; border-le=
ft-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid;">I kind of like the concept, they =
just stopped a little short.&nbsp; Picture the same car with some box flair=
s covering the tires, some panasports instead of those wheels on there curr=
ently, and turbo 4 or&nbsp;6 cylinder.......
  </blockquote></div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>Amici...</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>My instructor&nbsp;at the first Driver's School I ever attended was a guy =
named Hal Ulrich.&nbsp; He was an ex-SCCA National Champion, and in fact ha=
d to be one of the first ever, because&nbsp;he raced in all of those early =
USA sports car races through the streets of Elkhart Lake and Watkins Glen.&=
nbsp; He was a hired hot shoe, who drove for 'gentleman' sports car owners.=
&nbsp; He was a great guy, but I drove him crazy because I couldn't double =
clutch during the sessions, and I was wearing out the synchros.&nbsp; He an=
d his brother Bill ran a 'speed shop' that, back in the day, catered to Chi=
cago's 'Gold Coast' (Lake Forest, etc.) folks.&nbsp; His life time experien=
ces were full of exotic cars like Aston Martin, Bugatti, Excaliber,&nbsp;Fe=
rrari, etc., but he had&nbsp;a special place in his heart for Triumphs (esp=
ecially the TR2 and TR3).&nbsp; He told me that in the mid to late 1950s th=
ey put tons of Chevy V8 engines in TR2s and TR3s.&nbsp; He said they must h=
ave done forty or fifty of them.</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>Hal is dead now, and I am not sure about Bill.&nbsp; But these were two ex=
tremely interesting guys.&nbsp; When they started telling tales, you would =
end up spell bound.&nbsp;&nbsp;Bill's lifetime quest was the&nbsp;process o=
f developing his own 'Bugatti-like' engine.&nbsp; Not sure if it ever becam=
e a physical&nbsp;reality, but I know there was a bunch of people intereste=
d in it, and being involved financially.&nbsp;&nbsp;One story&nbsp;Hal told=
 me was about the time one of his customers bought one of the three Bugatti=
 Royales.&nbsp; Hal flew out to New Jersey to pick it up, and then drove it=
 back to Chicago.&nbsp; He said mechanically it made the trip with no&nbsp;=
problem whatsoever, except that it was the dead of winter, and the car had =
no heater&nbsp;(at least&nbsp;no working heater).&nbsp; Those three Royales=
&nbsp; are now, arguably, the most valuable collector cars in the world.</d=
iv>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>I am rambling, but my point was that even back in the late 1950s lots of p=
eople were modifying TR3s.&nbsp; That's my point, my position is, "Shame on=
 them!"</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>Bill Dentinger</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_8c2ba720-9ada-46f2-8f1d-e2da1c2e3b0c -->
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_6160_318942406.1425658823758--

--===============1993935368237965976==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1993935368237965976==--