Subject: [Fot] TR Bellhousing

From: "Kenneth Knight" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 07:38:20 -0800

Good Morning:

There has been a good deal of interest in using alternative gearboxes for
racing.  The big problem has been finding a bellhousing to use as an adaptor
to the new gearbox of choice.

I have a chance to get at least 10 bellhousings for TR's (will mount to
TR-3/4, TR-250/6), more if there is a need, that would fit the engine yet be
undrilled (face milled flat) at the mounting flange for the transmission.
These are all US made aluminum castings of very high quality and they should
be ready to ship in February of 2015.  We are working to get final machining
prices but anticipate a cost of $400.00 + shipping.

A note.  This is a DIY (you and a good machinist) project that is going to
take some engineering to adapt your transmission of choice.  It has been
done and is being raced, but it is not as easy as drilling the mounting
holes on a home drill press.  You will need access to a milling machine and
someone who knows how to set up the project.

I am starting list so send me an email.  I need to have a final count to see
if this is feasible by January 1.

Cheers to All, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Ken

3DR
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive