Subject: Re: [Fot] [TR] 10 spline diameters?

From: Dan Forgey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:59:24 -0500 (EST)

Oh, I think Fred may have done it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud" <[email-masked]>
To: "Triumph List" <[email-masked]>, "FOT" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 1:10:08 PM
Subject: [TR] 10 spline diameters?

Listerati,

What is the diameter of a 10 spline input shaft on a GT6 transmission? Is it
the exact same size as a 10 spline TR6 transmission?

I'm thinking of mating a TR6 tranny to a Spitfire that already has a GT6
tranny. Anyone done this?

I heard that Kas adapted a TR6 to a Spit but haven't seen in any of his books
what is involved. Hope he see's this post and can provided the details. My
hope is that I'm half way there with a GT6 tranny already in place and can use
the existing clutch and flywheel.

Also, any recommendations on companies that reline clutches? The existing
clutch is apparently a custom hybrid for a GT6 tran mated to a Spit.

Thanks
Bud

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Ted Schumacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:35:49 -0500

Bud, GT6 is 1" 10 spline. We did the TR6 trans conversion 40 years ago. We can supply whatever you need - clutch, etc.  Please let me know if we can help. Ted 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Bud <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]