Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4-A Race Car

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 22:47:41 +0000

I am forwarding Franks info..
NFI
Mordy

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Frank Southers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:25:05 
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: TR4-A Race Car

Hello, my name is Frank W. Southers. I live in Spring Branch, Texas (just
outside of San Antonio, Texas). I was a member of the SCCA for nearly 25
years. I last raced in 1992 driving an E Production '66 Triumph TR-4A IRS.
After several reasonably successful seasons, I chose to disassemble the car
and change some items on the car. As you well know, these projects take
time. I completed most everything with the exception to the bodywork. I took
the car to a Houston race prep/bodywork shop where they were willing to take
on the project of adding a box type flare to the wheel wells. I got the car
back about a year and a half later somewhat butchered. 

While getting other items ready for the car's return, I ultimately found
myself out of the race hobby and with a lady who is now my wife. I always
said, even before her, I would stay with the race hobby until I was 50 years
of age. It's been awhile and I have not done much with the car since it came
back from Houston over 16 years ago. I am now 56, and it seems harder than
ever to find/make the time to begin to work on the car.

I am looking for a good home for the car and its spares. I hope to find
someone within the FOT organization who may be interested. I am not
particular about CVRA, FOT,HSR, SCCA, or SVRA.  In fact, any vintage
organization will do. 

The engine has not run since 2004. The Tilton clutch never received its
slave cylinder, The Driveshaft is disconnected. The brake system needs some
work as it has been laid up dry now for many years. And, of course, the body
is in bad shape after the butcher had a shot at it.

The car and its spares should go as a package. Its spares can always be
removed somewhere else later.  At this point, I would prefer someone come
haul it and its spares away. 

The following items are currently installed on a rolling chassis:

Engine:           .040 cylinder liner kit, Carrillo Rods, Tilton flywheel,
Venolia pop-up pistons, Crane high lift cam, remote oil filter and cooler,
Griffin aluminum radiator (in the stock radiator's location), aluminum
radiator shroud, remote expansion tank, K & N filters, SU carbs 

Gearbox:        basic stock gearbox, standard ratios, counterweight mounted
to tailpiece

Differential:    presently has a 3.7:1 locked

Suspension: solid bushings front & rear, Koni shocks in front, Armstrongs 

                        in rear, Speedway Engineering anti-roll bars front &
rear

Brakes:           standard size Triumph brakes all around, Tilton dual
master 

                        cylinder set-up with a bias-bar, steel braided brake
hoses

Clutch:            Tilton clutch master cylinder and clutch assembly

Misc.:              Fiberglass hood. Original hood. (not damaged at all),
full  

                     roll cage with bracing front and rear, Kirkey racing
seat, 

                    Simpson 6 point harness, fuel cell 

Tires/

Wheels:          Jongbloed 15 x 7, 3 piece aluminum wheels - Goodyear 15 x
24 r-8, Revolution 15 x 7 cast aluminum wheels, 15 x 7 pressed steel wheels
used for rains w/ Falken VR street tires.

Spares:          I have a spreadsheet which lists the spares I have

In closing, I appreciate the time it took you to read this email and hope
you know of someone who may be interested. Feel free to forward it to them.
I chose to contact the webmaster (you) since there was no other contact
information on the website. Should anyone be interested, I am willing to
take/send photos of any part/section of the car that is requested. You may
respond to my email or call me at 830-980-6194.

[email-masked]

Cordially, 

Frank W. Southers
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive