Subject: [Fot] Looking for a good home...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:00:10 -0500

Amici...

Is there someone out there who is truly 'vintage' ?  By that I mean someone 
who still has and uses a 'Long Play 33 1/3 rpm" phonograph. If so, I have a 
nice copy of Peter Ustinov's "THE GRAND PRIX OF GIBRALTAR" (AKA GRAND PRIX 
du ROCK).  But I no longer have a phonograph to play it on.  I gave away my 
entire collection of long play records, but kept this one because it was so 
special to me.  But since I can no longer play it, it is FREE to a good 
home...just reimburse me for the shipping costs.  

This is USTINOV's brilliant satire of European Grand Prix racing back in 
the day.   Originally this was something he did pretty much off the cuff in 
his living room for a bunch of house guests.  It was big hit with his guests, 
and so he recorded it on a home record cutter.  What I have is the 
commercial version that was produced shortly thereafter (1958) by Riverside Records.

Like I say, "Free to a good home...just reimburse me for the shipping 
costs."

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:11:17 -0500

In a message dated 11/12/2014 9:06:32 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Hi All, I went on e-bay and there are seaveral auctions for the GP of 
> Gibraltar.
> LP, (what's that?) cassette, or CD.
> Various price ranges.
> Think I'll get a copy.
> 

Bill...

You won't regret it.  It is a CLASSIC.  Sir Peter Ustinov was a super 
talent, and a Master of satire and parody.  He was also a certified 'Gear Head'.  
He loved sports cars and racing.

Bill Dentinger

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 13:00:34 -0500

In a message dated 11/12/2014 11:51:07 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> We still have a turntable that will do it, but I won't stand in Bill T's
> way.  
> 
> My kids saw all of the records on the shelf and wanted to learn about
> "vinyl".  They were stunned at the cleaning process, noisy playback and 
> the
> short duration of uninterrupted play. It was kind-of funny.
> 

Sorry, Jack, but it was gone in a flash to John Reed.

Bill Dentinger