Subject: [Fot] Spitfire race car on eBay

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:05:28 -0500 9.0.1FP1|April 03, 2014) at 11/19/2014 15:05:31

65 Spit race car on Flea Bay, NFI, know nothing about it, thought I'd pass
it on. A project with what looks like a ton of spares.

I have a VIN Correct 1965 Triumph Spitfire, it has been a race car since
the early 70's and was last raced in 1976, since then it's undergone a
total restoration. This is perfect for the offseason to get ready for
spring!
I have had it for around 4 years.  It has primarily been raced on the west
coast.

Have SCCA logbooks from all race history and parts purchased during that
period.  I recently acquired a TVR and made a deal with my wife to sell the
Spitfire.  So unfortunately I have to let her go, but all is not lost since
I have my TVR.
This car is basically ready to just be put together.  I've gone through and
put grade 8 bolts through all the suspension front/rear. My brother built a
custom aluminum panel to go on the firewall for strength.  I never got
around to finishing the car since I had too many other projects going on.
It has sat in storage and my fathers garage since I've owned it.  I
honestly thought I had a title for it i've scoured all my paperwork and
can't seem to find it.  When i brought the car home there was so much to go
through I may have just misplaced it, but i'm listing the item as not
having a title and will continue to look for it.

The roll-cage has been built from the ground up by the prior owner who did
a beautiful job.  It may not meet certain requirements for specific racing
leagues, but for SCCA Autocross it should be 100% legit which was my
original intention.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-Open-Cockpit-Racecar-1965-triumph-sp
itfire-vintage-racecar-/231394296902?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e02cc446&item
=231394296902&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

mike h

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive