Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire race car on eBay

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:24:28 +0000

<< made a deal with my wife to sell the Spitfire.  So unfortunately I have to
let her go >>

Well, I'm sure you'll miss her, but you can always marry again.

Scott B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of George Harmuth
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire race car on eBay

65 Spit race car on Flea Bay, NFI, know nothing about it, thought I'd pass it
on. A project with what looks like a ton of spares.

I have a VIN Correct 1965 Triumph Spitfire, it has been a race car since the
early 70's and was last raced in 1976, since then it's undergone a total
restoration. This is perfect for the offseason to get ready for spring!
I have had it for around 4 years.  It has primarily been raced on the west
coast.

Have SCCA logbooks from all race history and parts purchased during that
period.  I recently acquired a TVR and made a deal with my wife to sell the
Spitfire.  So unfortunately I have to let her go, but all is not lost since I
have my TVR.
This car is basically ready to just be put together.  I've gone through and
put grade 8 bolts through all the suspension front/rear. My brother built a
custom aluminum panel to go on the firewall for strength.  I never got around
to finishing the car since I had too many other projects going on.
It has sat in storage and my fathers garage since I've owned it.  I honestly
thought I had a title for it i've scoured all my paperwork and can't seem to
find it.  When i brought the car home there was so much to go through I may
have just misplaced it, but i'm listing the item as not having a title and
will continue to look for it.

The roll-cage has been built from the ground up by the prior owner who did a
beautiful job.  It may not meet certain requirements for specific racing
leagues, but for SCCA Autocross it should be 100% legit which was my original
intention.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-Open-Cockpit-Racecar-1965-triumph-sp
itfire-vintage-racecar-/231394296902?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e02cc446&item
=231394296902&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

mike h

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:58:06 -0500

Anyone know who sells those acrylic headlight covers shown on the Ebay car?

Thanks,
Chuck Watson

> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:05:28 -0500
> 65 Spit race car on Flea Bay, NFI, know nothing about it, thought I'd pass
> it on. A project with what looks like a ton of spares.
>
> I have a VIN Correct 1965 Triumph Spitfire, it has been a race car since
> the early 70's and was last raced in 1976, since then it's undergone a
> total restoration. This is perfect for the offseason to get ready for
> spring!
> Spitfire.  So unfortunately I have to let her go, but all is not lost since
> I have my TVR.
> custom aluminum panel to go on the firewall for strength.  I never got
> around to finishing the car since I had too many other projects going on.
> It has sat in storage and my fathers garage since I've owned it.  I
> honestly thought I had a title for it i've scoured all my paperwork and
> can't seem to find it.  When i brought the car home there was so much to go
> through I may have just misplaced it, but i'm listing the item as not
> having a title and will continue to look for it.
>
> The roll-cage has been built from the ground up by the prior owner who did
> a beautiful job.  It may not meet certain requirements for specific racing
> leagues, but for SCCA Autocross it should be 100% legit which was my
> original intention.
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Parent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:53:20 -0800

Victoria British

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:58 PM, Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks,
Chuck Watson

---

From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:56:05 -0600

Sidenote:
This car holds a world record for the "worlds largest dash mounted warning
lite"
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]