Subject: [Fot] Amazing Photo - Nurburgring 1961

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:08:30 -0500 9.0.1FP1|April 03, 2014) at 11/13/2014 10:08:32

Racing related but not directly to Triumphs

This is a cross post from the VRG forum, Thanks Nial

This is just such an amazing photo.

Just *look* at the people in it.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Nurburgring-1961
.jpg

Apparently taken at Nurburgring in 1961

I can name most of the guys in this and I bet many of you can too.

Photo Credit: Gordon Kirby from Motorsport magazine.

I couldn't name them all so here's a cheat sheet.

>From Left to Right: Jim Clark, ?, Chris Amon, Jack Brabham, Sterling
Moss, ?, Graham Hill, ?, ?, Bonnier, ?, ?, Bruce McLaren, Dan Gurney, ?

I believe the two drivers next to Clark are Roy Salvadori and Inness
Ireland.
The gentleman behind Graham Hill and Jo Bonnier with the tie on is Huschke
von Hanstein, team manger for Porsche. Not sure if the time line is
correct, but the driver behind Bruce McLaren looks like Wolfgang von Trips,
who was killed at Monza in 1961.

mike h

G. Michael Harmuth
Software Engineer
Automated Material Handling Equipment Engineering Services
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive