Subject: [Fot] Kastner 2015 - updates, and we need a big canopy

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:08:23 -0400

Planning is well underway for the Kastner Cup at Summit Point Raceway, May
14-17, 2015.

>From a racing perspective, things are pretty well set.  The all-Triumph race
will be sometime Saturday afternoon, May 16th.  Practices start on Thursday,
with qualifying and racing beginning on Friday.  Registration is a long way
off - Vintage Racer Group generally starts this 75-90 days ahead of the event,
with a discount for early entries.  I will let you know as soon as
registration opens, but it's probably February.

We've tentatively identified the paddock area for the FOT crowd with the race
organizers - for those of you who know Summit, it will be most of the large
grassy area in the center of the paddock.  For those of you who must be on
pavement, not grass, you can set up across from us, off either of the two pit
roads paralleling this grassy area.  There are electric hook-ups throughout
the paddock.  With the exception of the area we will control, paddock spaces
are first come, first served, with some priority given to the really big rigs
that can't maneuver as much.

Hotel - I expect to have an announcement on a hotel and room rates shortly.

Golf Carts - Rentals are available, but they run $80/day (two seat) and
$88/day (4 seat).  At this point I only expect FOT will rent one four-seat
cart for Kas and Peg.  Summit is easy to get around by car/tow
vehicle/bicycle, etc, with parking generally not an issue wherever you go.  We
don't need to make commitments for carts yet, but let me know if you think you
will want one for personal use, as the rental company has to deliver them to
the track.

Canopy - We hope to set up a large canopy in the center of the paddock area
for socializing, and probably a Friday night barbecue, maybe even to park a
really rare Triumph or two.  Canopy rentals are expensive - a 20'x40' costs
about $600 for four days.  I'm hoping someone who is coming has access to one
we could use, instead of renting.  I'm not looking for pop-ups, unless they
are 10'x20's and we have a couple we can line up.

If anyone can help out with the canopy, let me know.

Press releases have gone out to most of the clubs and vintage race mags
(thanks, Shawn, and to Clark Lincoln for doing a fabulous poster).  Spread the
word, and we hope you have it on your race calendar for next year.

Thanks,
Scott
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive