Subject: Re: [Fot] re difference early and late TR6 Cylinder head

From: Jeff Durant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:59:21 -0700

To my knowledge, the "narrow" intake port heads came on TR250's and early, '69
to mid-'71 TR6's, with twin Strombergs.  Both my TR250 and '69 TR6 sport this
head as does my brother's '70 TR6.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2014, at 5:26 PM, "Enquiries Road & Track"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> apart from the TR250 head with its unique port location, there are lots of
> other changes to the 2500 head over the years (it was sued in more than
> jsut TR6). i have a table listing all the valve sizes, casting numbers etc
> if you are interested
>
> i was not aware the TR250 head was used on TR6, but hope someone can
> confirm/refure this with some high degree of confidence
>
> Terry
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff Durant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:00:24 -0700

Sorry hit the send button too soon

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2014, at 8:59 PM, Jeff Durant <[email-masked]> wrote:

> To my knowledge, the "narrow" intake port heads came on TR250's and early,
'69 to mid-'71 TR6's, with twin Strombergs.  Both my TR250 and '69 TR6 sport
this head as does my brother's '70 TR6.

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:35:13 -0700

The TR-250 is the only one that had the narrow inlet ports. If you have a
TR-6 with that head it was someone else who replaced it with the wrong head.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Jeff Durant <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Durant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 22:29:05 -0700

Kas,
Not to question the master but the TR250 factory parts manual lists the Head,
8.6 to 1, as p/n 516796 w/valves and springs as does '69 TR6 parts manual
(non-PI) up to engine #CC75000.  The TR5 and '69 TR6 PI Head from the factory
part books show p/n, 516798 w/valves and springs.  Maybe a mistake in the
books?  Both my brother's '69 TR6 and my '69 TR6 run the same intake manifold
as my TR250, p/n 308088.  All 3 cars have the narrow intake port spacing
unlike the later heads I run on Paul Vollmer's old blue TR6 racer, #12.
I recall going to fit a PI set-up (I bought from you while at your shop after
picking up the racer from Mueller and Vollmer) and the PI intakes wouldn't
line up with the intake ports on my then, never been apart, street TR6. Still
have all the new PI bits I purchased from you around the time you were
prepping a Merker.  Maybe for old blue.
What am I missing?
Regards,
Jeff Durant
'68 TR250
'69 TR6
'69 TR6 blue #12
Sent from my iPhone

>
> Never be beaten by equipment.
>
>