Subject: Re: [Fot] 1948 Triumph Roadster

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:39:44 -0400

The Triumph Roaster has never had the collector/enthusiast interest of the TR
series cars.

They are slow, portly, and not really a sports car at all.  Just a smallish
touring car.

Much like several American orphan cars I can think of (Kaiser-Frazer, Hudson,
post war Studebaker sedans), they are only loved by a small following and
hence there is little pent up demand to drive prices up.

Honestly, if I had a choice of a Roadster or a TR 3/4/5/6 car, and they were
in similar condition and price, I'd choose the TR every time, all day long and
twice on Sunday.

Your mileage may vary of course, but even though they have a very classic
look, they are not much of a driver's car.

Terry Stetler

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:23 AM

Subject: [Fot] 1948 Triumph Roadster

Someone posted a message about a roadster that sold on ebay a few weeks
back (item 161459389578).  I this rare, fully restored car only brought
$24,000.  That is about what a restored TR6 would bring and less that a
TR3.  Can anyone make sense out of this?
Larry Young
_______________________________________________

http://www.fot-racing.com<http://www.fot-racing.com/>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<http://autox.team.
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:45:43 -0500

Limited interest vehicle, not sporty.
Good for parades!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 25, 2014, at 10:23 AM, Larry Young <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Someone posted a message about a roadster that sold on ebay a few weeks back
(item 161459389578).  I this rare, fully restored car only brought $24,000.
That is about what a restored TR6 would bring and less that a TR3.  Can anyone
make sense out of this?
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Doug Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:55:52 -0400

I may be wrong, but the Roadster is not as well known as the TR4/6, so it
has to be presented correctly and at
the correct venue in order to bring in the best money. ISTR that one sold a
few years ago for close to double
that amount.

Doug

--
Doug Mitchell
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Larry Young
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] 1948 Triumph Roadster

Someone posted a message about a roadster that sold on ebay a few weeks back
(item 161459389578).  I this rare, fully restored car only brought $24,000.
That is about what a restored TR6 would bring and less that a TR3.  Can
anyone make sense out of this?
Larry Young
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Roger Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:49:04 -0500

Here is a half a stag engine out of a TR 7. A friend just sent this to me
looking to sell it. He needs it out of his garage. Comes with a set of
webers and headers. It would go good in a spitfire .

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Larry Young <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/fot/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of half a stag engine.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]