Subject: [Fot] re GT6 transmission

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 06:51:57 +1000

same issues. got sick of breaking the stock ones

built a hybrid box with TR7 gears, had them shot peened,micro polished and
I even converted the cluster to taper rollers.

still would not handle the power under hard race conditions. chipped/broken
mainshaft gear teeth (but no more cluster gear failures)

the overdrive never gave 1 ounce of trouble.

fitted close ratio TR6 box with taper roller laysheaft conversion.

the biggest issue might be what your race sanctioning authority will allow
for historic racing. if you just do simple stuff and 'race what you bring",
then it probably wont be a hassle, but if its a SCCA or similar event,
consult the rule book and other racers first. I recall seeing comment from
other racers in the USA about this topic before.

my business does this stull all the time over here (australia), so none of
it is a hassle for me. we do lots of toyota boxes. i can tell you the sweet
little Toyota T5 box starts to fall apart at 2000hp.if you are under that,
use that box if you want to swap as its light & simple and still relatively
available used. the big heavy celica box has just as many troubles as a TR6
box unless you spend a small fortune on them.  ratio changes on either
Toyota cost a small fortune.

Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive