Subject: [Fot] Bob Wismer's Services...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:11:39 -0400

Amici...

After a fourteen month battle with lung cancer, there is a certain and 
blessed relief that comes with a loved one's passing, but then...there really is 
no Good Time to Die.

Bob Wismer's memorial Visitation on Sunday in Moline was well attended by 
the racing community, both vintage and Midwestern Council.  The funeral 
parlor was awash with racing bits and pieces.  The family put a lot of work into 
what was displayed.  In particular there was an old TR4 bonnet hanging, with 
lots of racing pictures applied.  There was an old roll bar piece from the 
Thunderbolt full of decals.  On the floor were there was a broken brake 
rotor, a busted clutch plate, part of a trashed cylinder head, a crunched input 
shaft, and other important trophies from Bob's racing career.

The service and burial yesterday was also well attended and very moving.  
Bob Wismer had been cremated, his ashes were buried in the family's cemetery 
plat.  I made a comment at the graveside service that it was a pity that 
some of Bob's ashes did not make it up to Road America to be deposited at his 
'granite monument.'  Daughter Pam looked at me, winked and said, "That's 
gonna happen!"

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:08:50 -0600

> 'granite monument.'  Daughter Pam looked at me, winked and said, "That's

It is a good thing I am such a cold hearted bastard, otherwise my eyes might have
teared up a bit reading this.

mjb.