Subject: [Fot] Valvce Guide Clearances for Cast Iron Guides?

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:41:14 -0600

Listerati,

What clearances should be run on Spitfire 1300 intake and exhaust cast iron
valve guides?

Stock plus 0.0005 inches? One source says 0.0008 intake and 0.0015 for exhaust
are stock.

Please tell me your thoughts on those clearances, or if you know what they
should be, or what youve successfully run them at. Adding in the additional
0.0005 would give me 0.0013 intake and 0.0020 on exhaust. Seems a little tight
eh? This is for a race engine BTW.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive