Subject: Re: [Fot] Last Weekend at The Ridge

From: Jack Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 08:39:29 -0700

Nice!  I need to get the Ridge on my radar and get out there.  I've never
been to the track.

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Norlin
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:51 AM
To: FOT; Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley
Subject: [Fot] Last Weekend at The Ridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBfq2UeWwME

Last weekend, Patty ran our Spitfire at The Ridge, outside of Shelton, 
WA.  This is only the 3rd season that the track has been in operation 
and it is a blast.  Very challenging with lots of elevation change and 
some blind corners.  The video has Patty chasing Charly Mitchell and 
Chuck Arnold in their TR6's until Chuck spins about mid race.  Skip 
Yocum in a 240Z is also in the mix.  It was his first time at the track 
and he used Patty as an instructor for several laps before passing and 
then mixing it up with Charly.

Enjoy
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 17:49:53 +0200

Great track and great driving.
The only thing what makes me nervous are the tree close by.
Certainly not a track to get somewhere into the off.

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Jim Norlin
Gesendet: Samstag, 16. August 2014 16:51
An: FOT; Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley
Betreff: [Fot] Last Weekend at The Ridge

Last weekend, Patty ran our Spitfire at The Ridge, outside of Shelton, WA.
This is only the 3rd season that the track has been in operation and it is a
blast.  Very challenging with lots of elevation change and some blind
corners.  The video has Patty chasing Charly Mitchell and Chuck Arnold in
their TR6's until Chuck spins about mid race.  Skip Yocum in a 240Z is also
in the mix.  It was his first time at the track and he used Patty as an
instructor for several laps before passing and then mixing it up with
Charly.

Enjoy

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 11:06:45 -0700

Thanks Jim and Patty.  Very nice driving, except for my miserable attempt
at stopping a spin. m My video shows my hands going a;; over the place --
no wonder I went right.  Our lap times behind Charly [Red TR6] were in the
2:09-2:11 time frame.  On the lap after the spin I did a 2:07.  Just could
not figure out how to get around him.  Really lousy start by me --
 couldn't see the stater till I moved way left and created quite a hole for
Charly who did see the flag and got a jump on me.  got to learn to "own"
the track a little more as I should have moved left directly on his tail
after the pass.  Once I do some editing I will post my spin -- and the nice
catch I make at lap later at the entrance to turn 3.  I did spin a rod
bearing on lap nine leading to a broken rod.  The smoke you see from me is
actually oil dropson the header coming from a not quite tight enough
fitting for where I plumb the accusump to the oil lines.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Jim Norlin <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> WA.  This is only the 3rd season that the track has been in operation and
> it is a blast.  Very challenging with lots of elevation change and some
> blind corners.  The video has Patty chasing Charly Mitchell and Chuck
> Arnold in their TR6's until Chuck spins about mid race.  Skip Yocum in a
> 240Z is also in the mix.  It was his first time at the track and he used
> Patty as an instructor for several laps before passing and then mixing it
> up with Charly.
>
> Enjoy

---

From: Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 14:29:50 -0400 (EDT)

Still a nice run Chuck.  To bad for the spun bearing

-----Original
Message-----
From: Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley <[email-masked]>
To:
Jim Norlin <[email-masked]>
Cc: FOT <[email-masked]>
Sent:
Sat, Aug 16, 2014 2:24 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Last Weekend at The Ridge
Thanks Jim and Patty.  Very nice driving, except for my miserable attempt
at
stopping a spin. m My video shows my hands going a;; over the place --
no
wonder I went right.  Our lap times behind Charly [Red TR6] were in the
2:09-2:11 time frame.  On the lap after the spin I did a 2:07.  Just could
not
figure out how to get around him.  Really lousy start by me --
 couldn't see
the stater till I moved way left and created quite a hole for
Charly who did
see the flag and got a jump on me.  got to learn to "own"
the track a little
more as I should have moved left directly on his tail
after the pass.  Once I
do some editing I will post my spin -- and the nice
catch I make at lap later
at the entrance to turn 3.  I did spin a rod
bearing on lap nine leading to a
broken rod.  The smoke you see from me is
actually oil dropson the header
coming from a not quite tight enough
fitting for where I plumb the accusump to
the oil lines.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Jim Norlin
<[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
> Last weekend, Patty ran our
Spitfire at The Ridge, outside of Shelton,

Archive:

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 05:24:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Jim, 
Thanks for sharing the vid. 
Nice drive, Patty. 
Interesting track. Beautiful setting and layout. It even has a cork screw. 

Dave 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jim Norlin" <[email-masked]> 
To: "Friends of Triumph" <[email-masked]>, "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:51:17 AM 
Subject: [Fot] Last Weekend at The Ridge 

Enjoy