Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Brakes.

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 22:35:34 -0600

PJ,
With 5/8" masters you should be getting enough line pressure. Maybe deglaze
the rotors and drums and get some pads with some real bite. 
Ken Knight turned me on to Carbotech brakes and the car stops better than
ever.
jim g

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of McKearn McKearn
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] GT6 Brakes.

Hi.
 I'm looking to improve the brakes on My GT6.  I currently have stock
brakes with nothing special pads.  Dual master cylinders with 5/8 pistons
and balance bar. Rotors are drilled . The car will stop but It seams like
it takes some serious pedal pressure  and if you want to stop NOW you have
to push with all you've got. I think the balance is pretty close as the
fronts will lock up first but I just feel like something's missing in the
brake department. This is a street car (for now) I have considered ceramic
pads but really don't know if that would help or not. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.
  Thanks. P.J.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive