Subject: [Fot] Triumph Spitfire Water Pump Pulley

From: Jerry Poole <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:59:34 -0500

Need some advice from the forum about removal of the 1296/1500
Spitfire water pump pulley.  Can the pulley be pressed/pulled from the
shaft?  Will any additional "incentive" be needed such as heat?
Thanks for any information and your time.  Jerry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:05:31 -0500

It can be pressed off, pushing on the bearing shaft and supporting 
the pulley and catching the pump. Do not strike or hit anything. The 
seal in a water pump is a carbon face and maybe a ceramic face. 
Neither enjoys shock.
         Peter C
-