Subject: Re: [Fot] VSCDA Pictures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:35:47 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Brian...

Thank you so much for including pictures of Bob Wismer racing his TRIUMPH 
TR4 with your recent montage of photos, most of the others were from this 
past week end at GRATTAN RACEWAY.  While Bob no longer monitors the FOT list, I 
try to forward some things to him.  Believe me, he was touched by your 
gesture and warm feelings.

FYI they stopped treating Bob's aggressive lung cancer about four weeks 
ago.  He really is no longer strong enough for further treatment, which was 
only buying time anyway.  And the time it bought had little quality (except for 
things like seeing your email).  Racing is still Bob's passion, and he 
misses it.  

Bob's been at home, and in Hospice for over four weeks now (tough guy!)  He 
is on oxygen and gets some morphine for pain.  Two of his four daughters 
are highly trained nurses, so he is getting the BEST of care, and is pleased 
to be able to die at home.  The tumors in one lung now cause him problems 
talking and eating, but he is still sharp and VERY cognizant.  I hear from him 
almost every day.  Racing remains a passion.  He is a big F1 fan, and he 
googles YouTube stuff on his iPad.  He enjoys hearing what is going on in our 
TRIUMPH family.  

Bob is a world class engineer, having been Vice President of Engineering at 
DEERE.  Engineers are sometimes accused of being a bit cold emotionally.  
Bob tells me that aggressive lung cancer has taught him things about love, 
and family, and friends that he doubts he would have figured out without the 
cancer.  I tease him that there is a 'POET' deep inside each of us...even 
engineers.

Thanks again, Brian.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:08:29 -0400

These are not mere pictures.  This is what I consider photography.  Thanks!

Rich Rock
Sent: 8/21/2014 5:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] VSCDA Pictures

Amici-
I am finally getting around to clearing off some SD cards and have uploaded
some FOT shots from various VSCDA events on Flickr.B  More to come.
B
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41116744@N05/sets/72157646625162282/
B
Brian Garcia
Friendly Ghost Racing
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]