Subject: [Fot] Low oil pressure after overheating

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm new to the group and hope I can get some advice.  My son and I are 
building a GT6 into a racer and need some help.  We've had the engine 
rebuilt with some mods.  Ross pistons, WBC cam, roller rockers, head 
shaved to approx. 10-1 compression, mild port job and balanced.

At Elkhart last weekend we overheated the engine and now there is no oil 
pressure at idle.  The engine runs strong, no noise, and still has 
pressure when cold.  As the engine warms the pressure drops.

I will add a heavier radiator cap and a shroud to direct air into the 
stock style (aluminum) radiator.  It's been suggested I shim the 
pressure relief valve to increase overall oil pressure.

Any advice on resolving the oil and temp problems.

The engine easily turns 6500 RPM's but we have the MSD set at 6000.  The 
engine has approx. 1000 miles on it.

Thanks,

Dave Amys
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive