Subject: Re: [Fot]Repeal the DOT/EPA “25 Year Rule” Car Import Ban

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:56:07 -0500

This link may work better:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-dotepa-%E2%80%9C25-year-rule%E2%80%9D-car-import-ban-15-years-and-allow-importation-non-conforming-cars-and/PhZ4RMgz

Tony Drews

At 11:38 AM 8/26/2014, Charly Mitchel wrote:
>Need more signatures in one week!
>Charly Mitchel
>
>https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-dotepa-25-year-rule-car-im
>port-ban-15-years-and-allow-importation-non-conforming-cars-and/PhZ4RMgz
>_______________________________________________
>[email-masked]
>
>http://www.fot-racing.com
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:22:14 -0700

> Tony Drews
And of course what works best is everyone signing the petition and 
urging people they know to do the same.

TeriAnn

---

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:44:35 +0000

Anybody have a 30-second elevator speech regarding what this petition is
about?

Scott B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:22 PM
To: FOT
Subject: Re: [Fot] Repeal the DOT/EPA "25 Year Rule" Car Import Ban

> This link may work better:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-dotepa-%E2%80%9C25-year-rule
%E2%80%9D-car-import-ban-15-years-and-allow-importation-non-conforming-cars-a
nd/PhZ4RMgz
> Tony Drews
And of course what works best is everyone signing the petition and urging
people they know to do the same.

TeriAnn

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Jamie Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:49:50 -0700

Requests a change in the laws preventing legal importation for road use cars that don't meet EPA standards from a 25 year rolling limit to 15 years.

>________________________________
> From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
>To: 'TeriAnn J. Wakeman' <[email-masked]>; FOT <[email-masked]> 
>Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:44 PM
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> y-law.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:50:28 -0500

Here's the whole petition.  Takes less than 30 seconds to read, I think:
Repeal the DOT/EPA "25 Year Rule" Car Import Ban to 15-years and 
Allow the Importation of Non-conforming Cars and Trucks

The Motor Vehicle Safety Compliance Act of 1988 ended import of 
grey-market vehicles to the USA. No evidence was presented that 
grey-import vehicles' safety performance differed significantly from 
that of US models.

* Differences between U.S. vehicle and the rest of the car producing 
world are shrinking all the time. Most 15-year-old cars coming from 
Canada, Europe, or Japan will not be significantly different in 
safety or emissions

* Importers of grey-market vehicles have been targeted by monies 
taxpayers have intended to be used to secure our country against 
terrorist activity.

*There's no reason why rules couldn't be relaxed with no real 
detriment to safety or environment.

http:// www.petrolicious.com/petrolisti-unite-time-to-rewrite-a-foolish-law

Tony Drews

---

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:55:54 -0400

so, what do we all want that is more than 15 and less than 25 years old (cars,
I mean) and was not imported to the U.S.?  I have to admit everything I really
lust after is probably 35+ years old at this time  - I'm sure I'm missing
something memorable but couldn't tell you what it is.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:48:19 -0400 <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

Nissan Skyline, though the first R 32s have just become eligible.

But the one I want from Japan is the Honda Beat.

83bhp out of a normally aspirated 660cc engine.   A mid engine micro roadster
that can exceed 100mph and return hybrid like fuel economy, without being
dull, and with Honda reliability.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:55 PM

so, what do we all want that is more than 15 and less than 25 years old
(cars,
I mean) and was not imported to the U.S.?  I have to admit everything I
really
lust after is probably 35+ years old at this time  - I'm sure I'm missing
something memorable but couldn't tell you what it is.
_______________________________________________

http://www.fot-racing.com<http://www.fot-racing.com/>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<http://autox.team.
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:13:10 -0700

> But the one I want from Japan is the Honda Beat.
Well there are folks who would like newer Land Rover Defenders and some 
who want newer old style Minis amongst others.

How about a Jag with diesel V6 or V8?

Just sign it as a public service and not for whats in it for you.

TeriAnn