Subject: Re: [Fot] Gt6 crank main diameter?

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:39:15 -0600

On 7/29/2014 3:45 PM, SCOTT JANZEN wrote:
> My manual clearly has it wrong (2.01"). I'm measuring 2.3". Does anyone have
> the factory specs for the diameter of the crank mains?
>

This is, I think, an error in the factory manual that's been carried 
over to most other manuals. I'm betting that this was correct for the Mk 
1s with the 1600 cc engine, and that figure was just carried through.

The correct specs are the same as for the TR6 mains: 2.3110"-2.3115" for 
std. dia., with acceptable clearance of 0.0010"-0.0027", with the 
optimum clearance around 0.0018"-0.0020".

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: SCOTT JANZEN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:04:18 -0400

Thanks!

Sent from my mobile device

> On Jul 29, 2014, at 6:39 PM, Michael Porter <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This is, I think, an error in the factory manual that's been carried over to
most other manuals. I'm betting that this was correct for the Mk 1s with the
1600 cc engine, and that figure was just carried through.
> The correct specs are the same as for the TR6 mains: 2.3110"-2.3115" for
std. dia., with acceptable clearance of 0.0010"-0.0027", with the optimum
clearance around 0.0018"-0.0020".