Subject: [Fot] TR4 Wetliner Engine Cam Install Problems --- Happy 4th

From: Glenn Franco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:22:27 -0400

Happy 4th!!!

I'm building my 3rd Wetliner Triumph engine in the last 6 months and 
have run into a problem with the cam install.

The owner had the engine baked and the cam bearings installed at his 
machine shop.

The cam won't make it but a third of the way into the first cam bearing.
I have gone so far as to put a stone on the leading edge of the cam 
journal to reduce the lead in size with no effect.
I've lightly tapped it with a small plastic dead blow but it won't give.

Having installed cam bearings in the past. when I had the tool 
available, they take the shape of the I.D. of the casting unless they 
were buggered on the install.

I ran into this on a TR3 engine this past winter but the bearings were 
not aligned and I could wiggle the camshaft and get the thing in.

This is the original cam and it doesn't look like the end is mushroomed. 
All I can assume is that the cam bearing is not installed correctly.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Glenn
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive