Subject: Re: [Fot] Early TR6 crank

From: Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:46:54 -0500

Another TR6 question.

What is the compressed thickness of a standard head gasket?

Thanks

Greg

> On Jul 29, 2014, at 6:22 PM, Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> I am helping fellow FOT Dave Foreman put together a refreshed TR6 motor for
> the Sherlock Homboyz/FOGHAT/Sweaty Boyz crap can TR6.
>
> The machine shop called today and the crank needs to be turned again now
down
> to 20 under. I am a little hesitant to put a 20 under crank into an engine
> that will be seeing lots endurance race service. This is not an all out
race
> motor but it will be used up to 6000 rpm.
>
> So the request.  If you have a TR6 crank coffee table or desk lamp or
> otherwise underutilized early TR6 crank in a std/std size please drop me a
> note or call me. I'll even ship you the 10 under crank so you can still
have
> that conversation piece on the reading table.
>
> Thanks,
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:47:04 -0500

Greg,
In reality .020" under is not a lot with all things considered.  There are
numerous race quality engines running out there which are even less.  I
would not hesitate to use a .020" under crank for your needs and if you are
a little nervous have it nitride for a little extra.

Steve Yott

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Greg And Alison
Blake
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:23 PM
To: Friends of Triumph
Subject: [Fot] Early TR6 crank

The machine shop called today and the crank needs to be turned again now
down to 20 under. I am a little hesitant to put a 20 under crank into an
engine that will be seeing lots endurance race service. This is not an all
out race motor but it will be used up to 6000 rpm.

So the request.  If you have a TR6 crank coffee table or desk lamp or
otherwise underutilized early TR6 crank in a std/std size please drop me a
note or call me. I'll even ship you the 10 under crank so you can still have
that conversation piece on the reading table.

Thanks,

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:21:23 -0700

Grind the crank and have it nitrided for SURE. That alone will do more for
that crank than any other one thing.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Steve Yott <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]