Subject: [Fot] Mid Ohio

From: "John Hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 15:27:18 -0400

Mid Ohio was clear and hot and the racing was great.  Not as many there this
year as last and several of usual suspects were not in attendance.  I 'spose
Indy and its cost may have kept some away.  I only counted about 4 Triumphs,
Mark Craig and Marty Sukey in their spits and me in the 3 and Dave Spiwak in
his 4.  Bill Tobin was in attendance but not his car. Dave and I had wheel
to wheel battles in both the Sat. and Sun. races.  There were a flock of
Minis there from all over the country.  Joe Huffaker brought his Mini and
the Jensen Healey from the west coast.  I think he won the Mini race but the
ex Mueler Jensen broke.  Group 3 had 33 cars and the Eprod class was won by
Dan O'Connor in a very, very fast Elva. His times were the same as the Cprod
cars!  I managed 3rd. in E on Sat and 2nd on Sun.   My friend Ceasar Cone in
Cprod had a faster time by a couple of tenths than Vic Skirmants' and John
Schrecker's 356's in his Alfa Duetto but wasn't able to keep past them..big
accomplishment I think.  
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive