Subject: [Fot] Denso Alternators

From: Jerry Poole <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:44:49 -0500

I would appreciate any information on the Denso series of alternators
that would work with the 1500 Spitfire.  Is the unit being used from
the Chevy Sprint series. (25-30  AMP), or is the Kubota based
tractor/mower series being used?  ( Have seen both suggested on forum
sites).  Could any one please provide a part number or year model for
the Chevy Series if that is what would be needed?  Prefer single wire
but would be OK with a 3 wire.  Thanks for any information, insight
and your time.  Jerry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Marcel Van Mulders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 21:10:33 +0200

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Marcel Van Mulders [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Verzonden: zaterdag 12 juli 2014 21:10
Aan: 'Jerry Poole'
Onderwerp: RE: [Fot] Denso Alternators

The 3 wire Denso has #  1247601ND, the Kubota # of the same alternator is
Kubota 16231-24011 (40 amp) With a 1 wire alternator, the ign. Warning light
doesn't work. 3 wires : 1 wire is ignition switch 12V, 1 wire is ign.
Warning light and the 3rd wire is straight to the Battery or, for the
racers, to the BATTERY SIDE of the battery isolator switch. If the 3rd wire
is coupled to the other side of the isolator switch, your car will Stay
running with the switch in the OFF position.
Marcel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens Jerry Poole
Verzonden: zaterdag 12 juli 2014 18:45
Aan: [email-masked]
Onderwerp: [Fot] Denso Alternators

I would appreciate any information on the Denso series of alternators that
would work with the 1500 Spitfire.  Is the unit being used from the Chevy
Sprint series. (25-30  AMP), or is the Kubota based tractor/mower series
being used?  ( Have seen both suggested on forum sites).  Could any one
please provide a part number or year model for the Chevy Series if that is
what would be needed?  Prefer single wire but would be OK with a 3 wire.
Thanks for any information, insight and your time.  Jerry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 15:25:02 -0500

I have one of these tiny 14 to 20 amp alternators on my Kubota BX
tractor: *http://tinyurl.com/laoxyc6
<http://tinyurl.com/laoxyc6> . * Dimensions are about 3" X 3".
*Duncan*

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Marcel Van Mulders <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]