Subject: [Fot] Wetliner Engine Cam Bearing Install Problems

From: Glenn Franco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:40:59 -0400

Having discovered that the cam bearings in this engine were not 
installed properly to line up with the bearing plugs, I was considering 
making my own tool to pull new  bearings into the block.

I have used most of the cam install tools on the market including the 
Lisle tool currently available. This has been revised since the last 
time I used one. The last time I used one had o-rings to hold the 
bearings. These work but I'm considering making a simple tool on the lathe.

Anyways I was thinking about turning some aluminum on the lathe to make 
a tool.
Does anyone know the I.D.  and O.D. of the TR4 Cam Bearings??

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance Glenn
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 19:18:40 -0500

Out of a new package,

They are not round, the outside diameter varies between 1.840 to 1.850.  The
inside diameter varies from 1.715 to 1.725.

They obviously become round as they are driven into the round bores.  Many
years ago I made an installation tool and used a compressible piece of
rubber that holds the bearing as I drive it in.

Steve Yott

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Glenn Franco
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 5:41 PM
To: Friends of triumph
Subject: [Fot] Wetliner Engine Cam Bearing Install Problems

Having discovered that the cam bearings in this engine were not installed
properly to line up with the bearing plugs, I was considering making my own
tool to pull new  bearings into the block.

I have used most of the cam install tools on the market including the Lisle
tool currently available. This has been revised since the last time I used
one. The last time I used one had o-rings to hold the bearings. These work
but I'm considering making a simple tool on the lathe.

Anyways I was thinking about turning some aluminum on the lathe to make a
tool.
Does anyone know the I.D.  and O.D. of the TR4 Cam Bearings??