Subject: [Fot] Miata

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 12:23:13 -0400 (EDT)

Terry Stetler said...

<<<< As has been said, the Miata is what's needed to win in SCCA, and that is
the
way SCCA wants it. >>>>

Terry, et al...

I'll never forget the first time a MIATA club showed up at a vintage event at
Road America many years ago.  There was no group for them to race in, so they
were there just to watch and 'tour' the track.  VSCDA was glad to have them
for the 'touring dollars' to help pay expenses.  I remember making a smug,
sarcastic comment to one of them similar to, "How do you like driving that
'Jap Lotus'?"  With out taking a breath the guy came back with, "It's pretty
much like driving your Triumph, except I don't have to work on mine."  I bit
my tongue and nodded.

The MIATA explosion as a race car is impressive and very good for road racing.
Road racing needs good things these days.  I also remember the first time I
raced the Autobahn Country Club circuit near Joliet, Illinois.  Their track
coach was a well known MIATA racer and a hell of a good coach.  He was
commenting on how successful MIATA was as a race car and how many there were.
He said very quickly there were hundreds and hundreds.  He also said, that
while he was not sure, he thought there was even at least one 'legal MIATA
race car'.  He heard it was down in New Mexico, but the guy did not race much
anymore because he was not competitive.

Why am I not surprised?

Bill Dentinger
.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive