Subject: Re: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:41:08 -0400

I was using the same thing - recently switched the brake cylinders to the compact Tilton units (75 series).  They fit in the same bulkhead space as the girlings.  I checked with Tilton about mounting the reservoirs at an angle and they said no problem - even at the mounting angle, the plastic reservoirs hold about twice as much as the Girlings do.
I also went to a 0.70" bore for the front brake circuit - a little harder pedal feel, and the larger master moves more fluid volume as is required for the front disc calipers vs the rear drums.

On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:30 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

With the tilton balance bar set up you have, two regular Girling 8515 masters with the bar between; and the same Girling master for the clutch. Works very well and allows all the brakes you need. 
The original stock brake setup with a set of p16 calipers and a good set of race pads and always fresh LMA fluid is a fine race brake kit that will allow you to out brake just about anyone out there.  
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
------Original Message------
From: Chuck WATSON
To: FOT List
Subject: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6
Sent: Jul 13, 2014 4:07 PM

FOT -

I need to select brake and clutch MC's for the GT6 build now.  Not sure if I
should be going with stock sizing or if racing brakes and clutch requirements
make a difference in bore, etc.  I have a Tilton overhung pedal set with brake
bias bar.  Here are the other "knowns":

Brake Setup
Stock front calipers (rebuilt)
Upgraded lines, pads, rotors...but stock configuration
Need dual master cylinders

Clutch Setup (on a TR6 gearbox)
Spec Clutch stage 3
Early Land Rover slave cylinder on a Sprint/Dolomite bracket.
Is anyone running something similar enough to offer a starting point for the
MC needs?  Or can someone shed light on the way to determine the correct MC
sizing?

Thanks,
Chuck Watson
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:11:43 -0400

Thanks for the advice guys.  Looking forward to joining you on the track.

Thanks,
Chuck Watson

Subject: Re: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:41:08 -0400
CC: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

I was using the same thing - recently switched the brake cylinders to the
compact Tilton units (75 series).  They fit in the same bulkhead space as the
girlings.  I checked with Tilton about mounting the reservoirs at an angle and
they said no problem - even at the mounting angle, the plastic reservoirs hold
about twice as much as the Girlings do.I also went to a 0.70" bore for the
front brake circuit - a little harder pedal feel, and the larger master moves
more fluid volume as is required for the front disc calipers vs the rear
drums.
On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:30 AM, [email-masked] wrote:With the tilton
balance bar set up you have, two regular Girling 8515 masters with the bar
between; and the same Girling master for the clutch. Works very well and
allows all the brakes you need.
The original stock brake setup with a set of p16 calipers and a good set of
race pads and always fresh LMA fluid is a fine race brake kit that will allow
you to out brake just about anyone out there.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
------Original Message------
From: Chuck WATSON
To: FOT List
Subject: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6
Sent: Jul 13, 2014 4:07 PM

FOT -

I need to select brake and clutch MC's for the GT6 build now.  Not sure if I
should be going with stock sizing or if racing brakes and clutch requirements
make a difference in bore, etc.  I have a Tilton overhung pedal set with
brake
bias bar.  Here are the other "knowns":

Brake Setup

Thanks,
Chuck Watson

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]