Subject: [Fot] Lever shock rebuilds

From: Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:40:34 -0500

After an unexpected spin at COTA last weekend, I found a leaky right rear
shock. I'd like to think its the shock oil that made me spin but more likely a
bad line into turn 8.

Probably something I can't fix since it is coming through the splined shaft
area but curious if anyone sells rebuild kits for these shocks or if I need to
send off a spare set for rebuild by Apple or someone else.

Thanks,
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 03:54:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Greg, 
Like Joe says, Peter Caldwell at Nosimport.com will be able to get you what I think are the best shocks available for your car. I got a set of the adjustable units on my TR3 and they instantly transformed the handling of my car. 
I had thoroughly cleaned and refilled the rear shocks on my car with 30wt. fork oil. They didn't go too long before one started leaking at the shaft seal. As my first experience driving a Triumph, I wasn't sure what to expect. After installing the adjustable units on the car, now I know the difference. They seem to be a perfect balance to the Spax adjustable shocks on the front. The other shocks weren't doing much if anything. 
I'd like to send Peter my old units to rebuild with the heavy valving as spares. 
I'll send you a photo of the adjustable units mounted in the car. 

Dave H. 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg And Alison Blake" <[email-masked]> 
To: "FOT" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:40:34 PM 
Subject: [Fot] Lever shock rebuilds 

Thanks,

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 09:40:53 -0500

They are on my 3 also. Good idea. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 2, 2013, at 11:54 PM, davehogye <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Greg,
> Like Joe says, Peter Caldwell at Nosimport.com will be able to get you what
I think are the best shocks available for your car. I got a set of the
adjustable units on my TR3 and they instantly transformed the handling of my
car.
> I had thoroughly cleaned and refilled the rear shocks on my car with 30wt.
fork oil. They didn't go too long before one started leaking at the shaft
seal. As my first experience driving a Triumph, I wasn't sure what to expect.
After installing the adjustable units on the car, now I know the difference.
They seem to be a perfect balance to the Spax adjustable shocks on the front.
The other shocks weren't doing much if anything.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]