Subject: Re: [Fot] Gasket Seal/cracked housings

From: fubog1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:46:01 -0500 (EST)

Permatex "right stuff", no gearbox gaskets, no leaks.
Related to cracked tailhousings, this is very common with the Spit/GT-6 box,
usually caused by driveline imbalance.
Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Mulders Marcel &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
To: 'Mike Moore' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Cc: fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Sent: Tue, Nov 26, 2013 12:37 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gasket Seal

 Hallo Mike,
Not to make you panick, but 2 months ago I thought I had the same leak :
between main housing and tail of my non o/d gearbox. In the end it was a
growing crack in the main housing, at the corner between the bottom and rear
wall : a week before a race week-end I had to build the dogbox internals
into a spare main housing. I heard of a rally car where the tailhousing
together with the rear wall of the main housing was broken of the gearbox.
Marcel, Belgium

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens
Mike Moore
Verzonden: dinsdag 26 november 2013 12:26
Aan: [email-masked]
Onderwerp: [Fot] Gasket Seal

My transmission is leaking between main housing and tail housing
(non-overdrive).

I bought a new gasket, but what do you recommend coating it with to seal it
up good.

Thanks

Mike

Michael T. Moore, CPA

2007 West 32nd Street

Erie, PA 16508

Phone: 814-868-4831  ext 103

Fax:        814-864-7383
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive