Subject: Re: [Fot] Thompson Speedway progress pictures

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:38:14 -0500 ZX853FP2HF5|February, 2013) at 11/18/2013 10:38:15

I've been told the link to the Thompson speedway pictures is broken, try
these
Track pics:

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/harmug/library/Thompson%20Speedway%20Nov%202013

Track map:
http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/new-track.php

thanks
mike

G. Michael Harmuth
Software Engineer
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jaxon Racing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 23:50:45 -0500

I have had the opportunity to drive the track (less the oval) a couple times
and It looks like it will be a fun track. The original dog leg at end of
straight was changed to a decreasing radius turn at end of straight that
should make for a great braking zone and passing area .

Mike did they confirm the date of the VRG event? And any indicator if SCCA
cars will be "allowed" to participate thst weekend?

Sent from my iPhone

> I've been told the link to the Thompson speedway pictures is broken, try
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/harmug/library/Thompson%20Speedway%20Nov%2020
13
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:48:07 -0500 ZX853FP2HF5|February, 2013) at 11/19/2013 08:48:08

"I have had the opportunity to drive the track (less the oval) a couple
times and It looks like it will be a fun track. The original dog leg at end
of straight was changed to a decreasing radius turn at end of straight that
should make for a great braking zone and passing area."

I noticed the difference between the plan and the track too, with respect
to the dogleg, it looks pretty straight to me. The turn at the end of the
main straight will be interesting, reminds me of Big Bend at Limerock but
with no escape road and much less run off area.

"Mike did they confirm the date of the VRG event? And any indicator if SCCA
cars will be "allowed" to participate that weekend?"

I saw a tentative schedule that had the SCCA at the track a week or so
after the VRG event and again later in the year.

 Track pics:

 Track map:

mike h

G. Michael Harmuth
Software Engineer
Automated Material Handling Equipment Engineering Services
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Jaxon Racing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:21:27 -0500

I am told mike rand had something to do with the redesign at the end of the
straight. I expect unlike big bend there will be harder braking and harder
acceleration coming out of the turn vs the hard braking and double apex of big
bend but should be fun in our little lightweight cars ;)))

Sent from my iPhone

> "I have had the opportunity to drive the track (less the oval) a couple
times and It looks like it will be a fun track. The original dog leg at end of
straight was changed to a decreasing radius turn at end of straight that
should make for a great braking zone and passing area."
>
> I noticed the difference between the plan and the track too, with respect to
the dogleg, it looks pretty straight to me. The turn at the end of the main
straight will be interesting, reminds me of Big Bend at Limerock but with no
escape road and much less run off area.
>
> I saw a tentative schedule that had the SCCA at the track a week or so after
the VRG event and again later in the year.