Subject: [Fot] torque angle

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:16:21 -0600

Group,

can anyone recommend a chart that converts torque wrench
readings into  degrees  for use with a torque angle gauge?

Thanks much

art de armond
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:08:38 -0500

I believe a torque angle device would be used after taking a reading on a
know fastener tightness that is to be duplicated on all other fasteners on
the same or similar object. To the best of my awareness there are too many
variables to do a direct linear conversion. Grade of fastener; class of fit;
thread pitch; lubed or dry; base metals being secured(i.e. compressibility);
stretch; just to name a few. Best to torque an accessible bolt with a torque
wrench and test with the gauge to acquire appropriate angle for that
application only.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 4:16 PM
To: FOT
Subject: [Fot] torque angle

Group,

can anyone recommend a chart that converts torque wrench readings into
degrees  for use with a torque angle gauge?

Thanks much

art de armond

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]