Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Prices

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:04:08 -0800

And, recently, for whatever auction prices do for the collector car market,
good or bad, a perfectly restored small mouth TR3 went for $55,000.00.
I have my TR3 race car insured for $30K.

Dave H.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 5, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ---- Richard Gehweiler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I am looking for actual selling prices of
>> cars, not asking prices.
>
> I went through this a few years back with my insurance.  They supplied a
list of 4 cars that had recently sold in similar condition.  Average sale
price $9600.  That was in 2005, and at least my perception is that prices have
risen quite a bit since then.  So I'd say at least $12K plus whatever the
engine is worth over a solid running (but otherwise stock) engine.
>
> Randall
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 22:42:47 -0500 (EST)

The price is irreverent.  Personally I'd make it just high enough that the
Grandson takes ownership.  The important part is the Grandson and Grand Father
work on the car together.  There is a wealth of information that needs to be
transferred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
To: Randall <[email-masked]>
Cc: FOT <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 9:32 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Prices

And, recently, for whatever auction prices do for the collector car market,
ood or bad, a perfectly restored small mouth TR3 went for $55,000.00.
 have my TR3 race car insured for $30K.
Dave H.
Sent from my iPad

 I went through this a few years back with my insurance.  They supplied a
ist of 4 cars that had recently sold in similar condition.  Average sale
rice $9600.  That was in 2005, and at least my perception is that prices have
isen quite a bit since then.  So I'd say at least $12K plus whatever the
ngine is worth over a solid running (but otherwise stock) engine.

 Randall

 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
 Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
 Unsubscribe/Manage:
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Redinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 08:24:19 -0600

Priceless! Second that Idea.
Bill

On Nov 5, 2013, at 9:42 PM, Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]> wrote:

> nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]