Subject: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 05:46:07 -0400

Initial msg bounced............

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfire Racing [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:26 AM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]';
[email-masked]'; [email-masked]';
[email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

Peter and Chris, & co;
Next June at Mosport Bob Tullius will be present along with the Group 44
TR-6 and it will be the inaugural awarding of the Group 44 Inc. award. Bob
ran Mosport very successfully a number of times and has fond memories I am
sure he will discuss with the group. If Chris has never been to Mosport this
may be a golden opportunity. Those of us that have run there have it quickly
become our favorite track and return every year.
Mosport 2014 will also be the site of the Triumph - MG Challenge which will
bring out a strong showing from both sides in addition to a multitude of
street cars for the weekend. The very first race at Mosport was won by a
Triumph TR-3 so there is definitely a history there for us.

Russ Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:42 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

Group,Bill,Russ,Charley

Let me say this Group 44 is legendary just like Kas Kastner, I remember the
Drivers like Tullius,Brian  Bill Adams and Lanky there were a  Race Team
with Me ga Sponsorship.

In 2008 at the Glen we hat Dinner one Night with Lanky I won't forget I
believe Bill you were there, Bill Warner,Tim Lanocha,Tim's Friend (forget
the name) and Woody Cooper ( I don't remember there were about 12 in the
Restaurant sorry if I left you name out.

Four weeks ago Chris raced the TR 8 at RA as a Guest driver and did a
outstanding drive, not much seat time due to Oil$ leak and LSD failure.
He respected the car and drove it like he Did not owed it. With respect.
I trusted chris from my first E-mail and Telephone conversation 6 weeks ago
and I will let chris Drive the 8 any time.
Thank you Chris.
Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: Spitfire Racing [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 09:45 PM W. Europe Standard Time
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

Yes, it is/was the same car! Remember it well.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:36 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

In a message dated 09/30/2013 12:24:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> > But a 2:30 in '79 is at Road America was a pretty stout performance.
> IMHO,
> > of course.  I think I remember watching that race on TV back in the day.

> They used to show the races delayed a couple of weeks on syndicated TV 
> coverage. I remember following the progress of the TR8 all year and 
> cheering them on.
> That car is/was pretty awesome.
>
Isn't that one of the cars Bill Warner has?  He raced it in the 'Watkins
Glen' Kastner Cup race.  They were in the garage adjacent to ours and Lanky
Foushee (RIP) was wrenching for him.  That car was still fast.  Shortly
there after there was an extensive article about the car in one of the
motorsports

publications, dealing specifically with exactly how and why the car went so
fast.

It was not, as they say, your Dad's TR8.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have
received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your
support.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 05:41:52 +0000

Group,Bill,Russ,Charley

Let me say this Group 44 is legendary just like Kas Kastner, I remember the
Drivers like Tullius,Brian  Bill Adams and Lanky there were a  Race Team with
Me ga Sponsorship.

In 2008 at the Glen we hat Dinner one Night with Lanky I won't forget I
believe Bill you were there, Bill Warner,Tim Lanocha,Tim's Friend (forget the
name) and Woody Cooper ( I don't remember there were about 12 in the
Restaurant sorry if I left you name out.

----- Original Message -----
From: Spitfire Racing [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 09:45 PM W. Europe Standard Time
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]

Russ

-----Original Message-----

> coverage. I
> remember following the progress of the TR8 all year and cheering them on.
Isn't that one of the cars Bill Warner has?  He raced it in the 'Watkins
Glen' Kastner Cup race.  They were in the garage adjacent to ours and Lanky
Foushee (RIP) was wrenching for him.  That car was still fast.  Shortly
there
after there was an extensive article about the car in one of the motorsports

Bill Dentinger

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 05:25:41 -0400

Peter and Chris, & co;

Russ Moore

-----Original Message-----

Group,Bill,Russ,Charley

----- Original Message -----
From: Spitfire Racing [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 09:45 PM W. Europe Standard Time
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]

Russ

-----Original Message-----

Bill Dentinger