Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Cylinder Head Questions

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:22:43 -0500

FOT,

This comes Jack Wheeler.  Please jump in and answer his questions.

Joe A.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jack Wheeler <[email-masked]>
> Date: October 7, 2013 at 9:07:07 AM CDT
> To: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Cylinder Head Questions
> Reply-To: Jack Wheeler <[email-masked]>
>
> Hi Joe.  I'm getting ready to put together the cylinder head (late TR-4/4A)
for my TR-3 engine rebuild.  I've got new valves and guides, but I'm still
looking for a source for competition valve springs and collars.  When I was
racing, I used Isky springs and collars, but Isky no longer supplies parts for
the TR-4 engine.  Do you know of a good source for these?  I'm thinking Ken
Gillanders may be a good source, but I've lost his contact info.  Do you have
an email address or phone number for Ken?
>
> Also, I'm looking for the specs for valve spring pressures when assembled,
both at full lift and when the valve is closed.  I'm planning to use a Kastner
'D' cam, or something close to that (know anyone who has one of these for
sale?).  Do you know the valve spring pressure specs?  Ken may also be a good
source for these.  Perhaps you could forward my questions along to the FOT
list?  As usual, thanks for your help.
> Jack
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:57:17 -0500

Ken Gillanders:
http://www.britishframeandengine.com/
[email-masked]

For some reason I can't find his phone number on his website.

He has competition springs and retainers - I like the titanium 
retainers personally.

I'd only have a guess at the closing seat pressure  - somewhere in 
the 100 to 110 lbs is my guess.  Ken would likely know.

Tony D

At 09:22 AM 10/7/2013, Joe Alexander wrote:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 14:16:54 -0400

626 443 0939 

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Tony Drews
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 11:57 AM
To: Joe Alexander; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Cylinder Head Questions

Ken Gillanders:

He has competition springs and retainers - I like the titanium retainers
personally.

I'd only have a guess at the closing seat pressure  - somewhere in the 100
to 110 lbs is my guess.  Ken would likely know.

Tony D

At 09:22 AM 10/7/2013, Joe Alexander wrote:
>for my TR-3 engine rebuild.  I've got new valves and guides, but I'm 
>still looking for a source for competition valve springs and collars.  
>When I was racing, I used Isky springs and collars, but Isky no longer 
>supplies parts for the TR-4 engine.  Do you know of a good source for 
>these?  I'm thinking Ken Gillanders may be a good source, but I've lost 
>his contact info.  Do you have an email address or phone number for Ken?
> >
>both at full lift and when the valve is closed.  I'm planning to use a 
>Kastner 'D' cam, or something close to that (know anyone who has one of 
>these for sale?).  Do you know the valve spring pressure specs?  Ken 
>may also be a good source for these.  Perhaps you could forward my 
>questions along to the FOT list?  As usual, thanks for your help.
> >
> > Jack

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]