Subject: Re: [Fot] CotA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:19:40 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan,
How many sessions did you get over the weekend & how long were they. I'm
seriously considering that event for 2014
but I heard there was very little seat time.
Thanks,
jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: "Duncan Charlton" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Friends of Triumph' Triumph" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:02:54 AM
Subject: [Fot] CotA

It was great fun learning the F1 track at Circuit of the Americas. B I ran the
1952 Morgan Plus 4with the pre-war cars with a field of under 20 cars during
all track sessions, but the TRs were running in a group of 46 during the
feature race, having had to practice with up to 53 cars (one of the enduro
races had 59 cars on the track). B  I had a great view of two post-war Talbot
Lagos, a 1925 Bugatti 35A Grand Prix, a 1939 V12 Lagonda LeMans replica, three
MG N-types, Tony Parella's '34 Chevrolet, a Miller-Ford Indy car, a pair of
Morgan 3-wheelers, a 1951 Morgan Plus 4, a 1962 Dolphin, and a 1911 National
(complete with riding mechanic), which ran in the first Indy race 102 years
ago. B Best lap I managed was 3.00.804 but the 1939 Maserati 4CL was able to
post a 2.57.183 and the 1.5 liter 1957 F2 Cooper T43 a 2.58.475. B Thankfully
the track was barely moist by 2pm race time after a couple of inches of rain
fell the night before. B Greg Blake managed a 2.59.687 in the crowded Gp 3
field during their feature race in his silver TR3.

Duncan
Elgin, TX
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive