Subject: [Fot] Bullet Reloaded--a Review

From: "Paul MacDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:29:52 -0400

I thought I would write a bit of a review of John Clancy's latest, Bullet
Reloaded.

First off I thought that it would be similar to Bullet, the first DVD with
the title. It is NOT, it is completely new with no overlaps or repeated
content.

What it is however is a very well-crafted collection of information,
archival video and interviews with key TR7/8 people that designed,
manufactured, marketed, raced and continue to enjoy the cars. John has
really dug deep with some of the best information not presented before in
video or in print (I have most of the books on the cars too).

Not to spoil it but some of the new stuff includes:

-Interviews, background and video footage of Ted Schumacher racing TR8s back
in the day

-A terrific discussion of the rear end geometry including the rally
modifications needed and why the need for all the bushings

-The definitive talk about those heavy front bumpers and another way the
scuttle shake could have been remedied

-Kas Kastner talking about the TR7 turbo car

- Mike Cook about the introduction of the cars

-An interesting discussion of the shortness of the wheelbase and factory
support/or otherwise by noted rally drivers

-Lots of time talking to Bob Tullius about his racing the Group 44 TR8 and
in particular I enjoyed  a discussion of the origins of the front spoiler
and roof spoiler used on the Group 44 cars, and the creation of the rear
spoiler.

Then there is a DVD solely reserved for Ken Slagle with lots of race footage
and interviews.

Over 3 hours of content, very enjoyable and worth every cent.

The amount of work and tracking people down combined with the high standard
of the production from John Clancy on this set of 3 DVDs is spectacular, a
real boost for the story of these cars.

Thanks John

 <http://www.triumphdvd.co.uk> www.triumphdvd.co.uk and the link to the
trailer on YouTube is  <http://youtu.be/npaBfBrVh0U>
http://youtu.be/npaBfBrVh0U
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:59:11 -0500

Thanks Paul,

I am importing these, and other titles, from John Clancy in bulk and sending
them out in North America.

If there is interest, I can have then in a few days and will distribute.

Contact me at [email-masked]

BTW, John is planning to be with us at the next Kastner Cup race in Texas and
is bringing a special guest. He plans to do a comprehensive video of the
Kastner Cup weekend, as well.

Regards,

Joe Alexander

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 12, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "Paul MacDonald" <[email-masked]>
wrote:
> includes: