Subject: [Fot] Well that could have caused a problem.

From: Marty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:16:25 -0400

I was changing the oil in the Spitfire before I tuck it away for the winter.
As I was pouring the new green oil in I happen to notice a void at the rear
of the rocker shaft where the screw is supposed to be. Crap!  It had fallen
out at some point at R.A. (or I got lucky and it was as I was pulling it off
the trailer at home, riiiight.) Luckily it was laying on that little web
just above the tappets, no damage done. I would prefer not to look down
there and see this again. You guys doing anything special here? A little
blue loctite possibly?

Thanks,

Marty
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Styduhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:10:18 -0400

It's convenient that the oil fill cap on the aftermarket valve cover for
the four pot is located directly above this screw, so it should be SOP to
check (and tighten if needed) whenever the cap is removed.  Users of the
stock cover don't have this advantage.   Loctite blue is added
insurance. Keep an extra one in your small parts bin on when you're on the
road.  That's what I do.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Marty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]