Subject: Re: [Fot] First race complete

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 19:39:59 +0200

Congratulations mate for you successful weekend and to have a still running
car!!!
Whoopie!

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von davehogye
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Oktober 2013 18:51
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [Fot] First race complete

Hello Friends,
I want to share the news of completing my first race weekend in my TR3.  The
10th Annual Charity Challenge at Sears Point.  It was a perfect weekend for
me and the car.  Steadily improving throughout the weekend and surprising
veteran drivers while doing so.
I brought the car home clean and did nothing but drive, check tire pressures
and add gas all weekend.
I was very fortunate to share paddock space with Tony Garmey and his crewman
Ray Quick.  They generously provided a canopy spot and other amenities
throughout the weekend and certainly added a degree of calm for me with tips
and suggestions.  Thanks, Tony and Ray.  My brother Tom and nephew Tommy
stood by with much appreciated assistance as well.
I completed 3 practice sessions on Friday, 1 timed practice Saturday
morning, 4 charity drives ($75/ passenger) totaling 13 laps during lunch at
near race speeds and the qualifying race.  On Sunday I ran morning warmup, 1
more charity drive during lunch, Triumph club parade laps and the race.  I
figured that I drove around 160 miles on track.
I made numerous passes during the weekend and was in a close battle with a
Healey 3000, MGA and Alfa Giulietta Sprint during the race.  I was able to
get by the Healey and attempted a couple passes of the Alfa and MG, but in
the end settled in behind them.
What a blast!

Dave
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chuck Gee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 11:29:10 -0700

Nicely done Dave.  Looking forward to seeing you at tracks on the west coast!

Chuck

> On Oct 7, 2013, at 9:50 AM, davehogye <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello Friends,
10th Annual Charity Challenge at Sears Point.  It was a perfect weekend for me
and the car.  Steadily improving throughout the weekend and surprising veteran
drivers while doing so.
and add gas all weekend.
Ray Quick.  They generously provided a canopy spot and other amenities
throughout the weekend and certainly added a degree of calm for me with tips
and suggestions.  Thanks, Tony and Ray.  My brother Tom and nephew Tommy stood
by with much appreciated assistance as well.
> I made numerous passes during the weekend and was in a close battle with a
Healey 3000, MGA and Alfa Giulietta Sprint during the race.  I was able to get
by the Healey and attempted a couple passes of the Alfa and MG, but in the end
settled in behind them.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Andy Packard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:11:04 -0700

Great to hear, Dave!  I hope those couple autocross laps helped on Thursday.
The car looks great.

Andy Packard
Sent from my iPhone

> 10th Annual Charity Challenge at Sears Point.  It was a perfect weekend for
me
> and suggestions.  Thanks, Tony and Ray.  My brother Tom and nephew Tommy
stood
> Healey 3000, MGA and Alfa Giulietta Sprint during the race.  I was able to
get
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 07:34:29 -0400

Dave, congratulations!!!!!!!!
Great feeling, isn't it. Glad you had fun; keep having fun, that's the most 
important thing.
The other important thing is to do all the wrenching you can at home before 
the race, then just drive the car and mingle (BS) with the other guys at the 
race! More fun than working on the car all weekend.
Cheers, Bill
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "davehogye" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 12:50 PM
Subject: [Fot] First race complete

> Hello Friends,
> I want to share the news of completing my first race weekend in my TR3. 
> The 10th Annual Charity Challenge at Sears Point.  It was a perfect 
> weekend for me and the car.  Steadily improving throughout the weekend and 
> surprising veteran drivers while doing so.
> I brought the car home clean and did nothing but drive, check tire 
> pressures and add gas all weekend.
> I was very fortunate to share paddock space with Tony Garmey and his 
> crewman Ray Quick.  They generously provided a canopy spot and other 
> amenities throughout the weekend and certainly added a degree of calm for 
> me with tips and suggestions.  Thanks, Tony and Ray.  My brother Tom and 
> nephew Tommy stood by with much appreciated assistance as well.
> morning, 4 charity drives ($75/ passenger) totaling 13 laps during lunch 
> at near race speeds and the qualifying race.  On Sunday I ran morning 
> warmup, 1 more charity drive during lunch, Triumph club parade laps and 
> the race.  I figured that I drove around 160 miles on track.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]