Subject: [Fot] Quantum Mechanics transmission

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:03:42 +0000

Here's what I've found on the transmission leak front.  According to my note
below (almost exactly one year ago), the input shaft measured approximately
0.930", when it should have been closer to 1.00".  Mr. Esposito determined
that his machinist had turned the input shaft down to too small a diameter, so
it was leaking past the seal.  Damn, pull it apart and send it back.

Upon getting the transmission back, and reassembling, it still leaks.  So I
measured the input shaft again - and guess what?  IT'S STILL 0.930!!!

It appears that what happened is that I sent this transmission back last
August to have a properly sized input shaft installed and it sat in his shop
until I began to get impatient about not having it back this spring and then
HE SHIPPED IT BACK TO ME IN EXACTLY THE SAME F()@%!#& CONDITION AS WHEN I SENT
IT TO HIM LAST SUMMER!!!

I can't prove that's what happened, but that's sure what it looks like.

Scott

From: Barr, Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:55 PM
Subject: RE: output shaft flange

Arg, sorry.  One more thing, I guess.  The trans leaks heavily from the front
seal when it is tilted tail up (say at 30 degrees).

The input shaft measures 0.930" or so and I believe (after discussion with
Brit Parts NW) that  the ID of the seal is closer to 0.998.

Any idea what's up here?

Scott

Scott Barr
McCarty Law LLP
(920) 257-2233<tel:9202572233>
www.mccarty-law.com<http://www.mccarty-law.com>

-----Original message-----
To: "&apos;Barr, Scott&apos;"
Sent: Tue, Aug 21, 2012 21:26:11 GMT+00:00
Subject: RE: output shaft flange
90 to 100 ft pounds!!!! John

-----Original Message-----
From: Barr, Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:34 PM
To: quantum
Subject: RE: output shaft flange

Oh, and what's the proper torque for the nut behind the flange? My
manual doesn't list that. (Gotta go get a good factory manual).

From: quantum [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:30 PM
To: Barr, Scott
Subject: RE: output shaft flange

Scott - Yes the shaft and spline count are the same for spitfire and
TR6. It is too late to get it out today. I will get it out tomorrow by
priority mail. You should see it Friday or latest Saturday. John

-----Original Message-----
From: Barr, Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:17 PM
To: quantum
Subject: RE: output shaft flange

Hi John,

I assume the Spitfire output shaft is the same 25x1.1" shaft?

Can you let me know when you'll send the Spitfire flange?

No problem - stuff happens.

Shipping address is: 2401 East Enterprise Avenue, Appleton WI 54913

Scott

From: quantum [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:13 PM
To: Barr, Scott
Subject: RE: output shaft flange
Importance: High

Scott - Hi again! Somehow I gave you a TR6 flange!!! I will send out a
spitfire one to replace it ASAP. Please return the TR6 one to me. I will
pay return postage if you let me know what it is. Sorry for the error.
Please resend your shipping address or the shop address if you want me
to send it directly to them
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Barr, Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:09 PM
To: quantum
Subject: output shaft flange

Hi John,

Confirming the voicemail I just left you. The outer diameter of that
flange is 3.920 and the center-to-center bolt hole distance is about
3.125.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Barr
McCarty Law LLP
(920) 257-2233 (direct)

http://www.mccartylaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This Email message may be confidential or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may read, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message. The
law requires this firm to inform you that, unless expressly stated
otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication cannot be used
for purposes of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the
Internal Revenue Service.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive