Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

From: "FoodDude" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:58:34 -0500

I had good success with Toyo RE1's, but they are no longer made in 13".
There are a few new sets floating around, but check MFG date.  I now run
Toyo R888, 1st test in a couple of weeks.

Another FoT is running Hoosier Street TD's on his Spit.

If you buy Toyos, do not pay extra for heat cycling, as Toyo already does
this at the factory.

Good luck!

Dave Foreman
#24 BRG 1964 Spitfire (FP in vintage, HP in SCCA)
#22 Green 1970 TR6 Chump
Mimosa 1975 TR6 street car

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Shawn Frank
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:30 PM
To: Friends of Triumph
Subject: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

I am looking for a set of tires for my Spitfire. I use it mostly as a daily
driver, but auto cross with it as well. The tires that are on it now measure
155/80R/13 and were only supposed to be shop rollers. 2 years later, I am
looking again. The shops around here have junk, so what kind do you all
recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn Frank

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3211/6577 - Release Date: 08/14/13
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:19:45 -0400

Hoosier Street TD's are not road legal as I recall. It's what I run on the
track.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of FoodDude
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:59 AM
To: 'Shawn Frank'; 'Friends of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

Good luck!

Dave Foreman

-----Original Message-----

Thanks in advance!

Shawn Frank

-----

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Edward Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:31:47 -0700

I've got Toyo R888 on both my Spitfire & GT6 now. Both are race cars, but I
think it would be an excellent street tire. The Spitfire has 185's on it, and
the GT6 has 205's.

Edward Dunn

West Coast Vintage Racing
2240 Encinitas Blvd., Suite D101
Encinitas CA 92024

760-492-3814
www.vintageracing.us

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of FoodDude
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:59 AM
To: 'Shawn Frank'; 'Friends of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

There are a few new sets floating around, but check MFG date.  I now run Toyo
R888, 1st test in a couple of weeks.

If you buy Toyos, do not pay extra for heat cycling, as Toyo already does this
at the factory.

Good luck!

Dave Foreman

#22 Green 1970 TR6 Chump

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Shawn Frank

To: Friends of Triumph

Thanks in advance!

Shawn Frank

-----

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image001.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]