Subject: Re: [Fot] Video from Charlotte

From: "Charly Mitchel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:35:20 -0700

Looks like a good track for a TR6.  Must be a hoot to pass cars on the 
corners at 125mph!
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike Munson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: [Fot] Video from Charlotte

> While we are sharing videos, heres one from my race at Charlotte this past
> weekend.
> You can also see fellow FOTer Joe Downer (Chumpcar Tr6) in a black
> Midget.
>
>
>
>
>
>       http://youtu.be/vJvtUaXk-u0
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:16:14 -0700 (PDT)

Nice video but I hate the current trend of sports car racing in the USA.  It's
like the bulk of American motor sport spectators are so shallow that they can
only keep up with cars that look like something in their driveway that
are going around in circles.  Yes, I realize that there is plenty of action in
the infield and that turn one off the bank is tough but I don't like appeasing
these spectators that believe all auto racing is some form or another of
NASCAR.  Jim

________________________________
 From: Mike Munson
<[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Sent:
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: [Fot] Video from Charlotte
While we are sharing videos, heres one from my race at Charlotte this past
weekend.
You can also see fellow FOTer Joe Downer (Chumpcar Tr6) in a black
Midget.

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:19:10 -0400

Ah...you realize this was an SCCA event, right? There were NO paying
spectators. SCCA events are all about what the racers want to race - it has
nothing whatever to do with spectators - and you would have been hard pressed
to find a single real NASCAR fan all weekend

Still, I lament the field composition as much as you do. There were only 2 E
Prod cars in the field - 40 years ago, most of the cars might have been
British - Far less these days.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 21, 2013, at 9:16 PM, sherry robyn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:38:39 -0700 (PDT)

I really wasn't knocking this particular event in Charlotte.  I have just seen
this trend coming for a while now and just got through watching the last Grand
Am event on TV that was held in Kansas at an oval track using the infield.  I
believe that the folks that run the race series are saying that they need to
go where the fans are and where the money is.  On top of that, Formula One
spends its whole time trying to convince American motorsports fans that
Formula One is not boring.  If the fan base is that fickle, then let them go
watch NASCAR.  Jim

________________________________
 From: Jack Mc
<[email-masked]>
To: sherry robyn <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Mike Munson
<[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Sent:
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Video from Charlotte
Ah...you realize this was an SCCA event, right? There were NO paying
spectators. SCCA events are all about what the racers want to race - it has
nothing whatever to do with spectators - and you would have been hard pressed
to find a single real NASCAR fan all weekend

Still, I lament the field
composition as much as you do. There were only 2 E Prod cars in the field - 40
years ago, most of the cars might have been British - Far less these days.
Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 21, 2013, at 9:16 PM, sherry robyn
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> are going around in circles.  Yes, I
realize that there is plenty of action in
> the infield and that turn one off
the bank is tough but I don't like appeasing
> these spectators that believe
all auto racing is some form or another of
> While we are sharing
videos, heres one from my race at Charlotte this past
> You can
also see fellow FOTer Joe Downer (Chumpcar Tr6) in a black
> [email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com/
> [email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com/

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:43:49 -0400

Jim. Did you consider the NASCAR race @ Mid Ohio boring?

Sent from my iPhone

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:27:01 -0400

Wow - what have I missed?  I haven't noticed F1 spending ANY time trying to
convince American fans of ANYTHING

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2013, at 2:38 AM, sherry robyn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I really wasn't knocking this particular event in Charlotte.  I have just
seen this trend coming for a while now and just got through watching the last
Grand Am event on TV that was held in Kansas at an oval track using the
infield.  I believe that the folks that run the race series are saying that
they need to go where the fans are and where the money is.  On top of that,
Formula One spends its whole time trying to convince American motorsports fans
that Formula One is not boring.  If the fan base is that fickle, then let them
go watch NASCAR.  Jim
>
> From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Mike Munson <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:19 PM

---

From: sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:09:39 -0700 (PDT)

That's what DRS, ERS, and tire degradation is supposed to be all about,
"making the sport less boring."  It's been on the commentary for the past two
years.  Jim 

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:27 AM

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2013, at
2:38 AM, sherry robyn <[email-masked]> wrote:

I really wasn't
knocking this particular event in Charlotte.  I have just seen this trend
coming for a while now and just got through watching the last Grand Am event
on TV that was held in Kansas at an oval track using the infield.  I
believe that the folks that run the race series are saying that they need to
go where the fans are and where the money is.  On top of that, Formula One
spends its whole time trying to convince American motorsports fans that
Formula One is not boring.  If the fan base is that fickle, then let them go
watch NASCAR.  Jim
<[email-masked]>
>Cc: Mike
Munson <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
spectators. SCCA events are all about what the racers want to race - it has
nothing whatever to do with spectators - and you would have been hard pressed
to
 find a single real NASCAR fan all weekend
>> Nice video but I hate the current
trend of sports car racing in the USA.  It's
>> like the bulk of American
motor sport spectators are so shallow that they can
>> only keep up with cars
that look like something in their driveway that
>> are going around in
circles.  Yes, I realize that there is plenty of action in
>> the infield and
that turn one off the bank is tough but I don't like appeasing
>> these
spectators that believe all auto racing is some form or
 another of
NASCAR.  Jim
>> Donate:

---

From: Jim Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:05:44 -0600

I'm a diehard F1 fan and the racing in the last two years has been great.
Last year I think we had seven different winners in in the first seven races?
I agree that with Drs, KERS, and engineered tire degradation the rules seem
somewhat contrived but it works.
The problem with a lot of American race fans is they are lazy and want to
watch the entire race from a cushioned seat and 20 feet from a bathroom and a
beer stand.....
This is part of the reason road racing has lost so many fans. You might
actually have to get out of your seat and walk a bit to see the whole race.
Just my opinion.
Jim g

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 22, 2013, at 10:09 AM, sherry robyn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:41:10 -0500

Nice drive.

>       http://youtu.be/vJvtUaXk-u0
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm super stoked on the video Mike and liked it on your youtube post...awesome
to see a TR6 come around some other 'better known' race cars! excellent
driving and excellent share, thank you....  Bobby
________________________________

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]