Subject: [Fot] Steering Rack Conversion

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:38:26 -0400

Does anyone know whether the Moss "Mini Quick Steering Rack", (2.2 turns)
part #114-902 will fit/replace the steering rack that is furnished in the
original TR3 "Steering Rack Conversion Kit" (2.7 turns) part #667-248?  I
have researched and found that the original Steering Rack Conversion Kit,
which I have, was made by a vendor in the UK using a Mk 1 Mini Cooper S rack
which was mfg. in Argintena.  When this vendor went out of business, Moss
bought the rights to it; but I have not yet been able to get in touch with
anyone at Moss who knows if they continued using the same Mk 1 rack in their
conversion kit or if their Mini Quick Rack is interchangeable with the one
supplied in the original conversion kit.   Does anyone have the answer?????

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Richard Gehweiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:55:15 -0500

The MkI Mini steering rack has not been made for many years now. 
Suppliers now sell the later style rake that require the late style 
steering arms. As far as interchangeability with the TR conversion kit, 
it should bolt in, but I don't know it there would be any difference 
with the steering arms. I think because of the TR's bigger wheels, it 
probably wouldn't matter.

Hope this helps some.

Richard Gehweiler

On 8/23/2013 11:38 AM, john hasty wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]