Subject: Re: [Fot] A type O.D.

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 06:55:01 -0500

And that is what FoT is all about! The original articles are tremendous, and
have helped a bunch of us; the feedback on the real world use of the methods
presented and the additional info added in discussion only serve to help us
even more.

In my Texas circle, my cars are pretty dependable, reasonably fast and I
sometimes look like I know what I'm doing. I've been on the list since 1996,
and without the guys that were helping me then I couldn't have continued
racing; couldn't have afforded the mistakes, couldn't have lived with the
frustrations and certainly couldn't have gained a reputation for being a
resource to others. I was a sponge and now the list helps me keep it soaked
with more knowledge.

This is what the list is all about! Keep it up.

Sidebar, I also learned that guys like me who don't do any development work or
aren't terribly creative with rule bending can build dependable race cars that
keep you racing when others are breaking  (I did learn a few things about ghat
along the way). This also came with buying crankshafts , hubs etc designed and
built by guys on the list.  FoT keeps me racing.

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2013, at 8:58 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ---- John Hasty <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Randall, while all this tech talk is way over my head, I can attest to the
>> fact that after 3 years and 18 races what ever size washer Larry used, it
>> works just fine.
>
> I'm not arguing with that in the slightest, John.  In fact, I'm not trying
to suggest that Larry has done anything "wrong" at all.  He knows what he's
doing, and he's good at it.
>
> Just trying to transfer a little more information that I felt was lacking in
the otherwise excellent article that he and Sam Clark wrote for the VTR web
site.
>
> Randall
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 10:46:31 -0400

Ditto for me!

Sent from my iPhone

> Sidebar, I also learned that guys like me who don't do any development work
or aren't terribly creative with rule bending can build dependable race cars
that keep you racing when others are breaking  (I did learn a few things about
ghat along the way). This also came with buying crankshafts , hubs etc
designed and built by guys on the list.  FoT keeps me racing.
>>
>> Just trying to transfer a little more information that I felt was lacking
in the otherwise excellent article that he and Sam Clark wrote for the VTR web
site.