Subject: [Fot] There will be a missing TRIUMPH warrior at ELVF...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:09:28 -0400 (EDT)

Amici...

Bob Wismer was not feeling too well when he came home from the big Road 
America event (The Hawk) in July.  When rest and home treatment did not provide 
any relief, he sought professional treatment.  His condition was described 
as 'walking pneumonia'.  A major symptom was fatigue.  Early on they were 
treating him with 'horse pills', and while that did help some, it did not cure 
him.  So they kept running tests.  After many tests and days of waiting, 
the diagnosis is Adenocarcinoma of the right lung.  Chemo therapy starts on 
September 4th (after two more tests determine the best type of Chemo to use).  
Bob is being treated at University Hospitals (Iowa City).  Two of Bob's 
daughters are nurses and helping Bob and his wife Eileen deal with all that is 
happening.  He has been having good days and bad days, mostly due to the 
fact that he has not been sick in forty years. It is a new experience for him, 
and one that does not come easy to him.  He says he will hate to miss the 
Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival this year.  After all, after all it's a big 
Triumph event, and he's been at all of the other ELVF events down through the 
years.  

Oh yeah...he knows he is in a fight, but he promises to be 'back' next 
year.  I'll miss him at the event.  We all will.     

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive