Subject: Re: [Fot] 27th Vintage Grand Prix au Grattan...

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:34:54 -0400

Just a note on peaches & G

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2013, at 10:56 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Amici...
>
> Next week end Tony Drews (TR4), Tim & Ryan Murphy (TR4), and I (TR3) will
all
> be representing TEAM TRACTOR at the 27th annual Vintage Grand Prix au
Grattan,
> Grattan Raceway, Grattan, Michigan.  I have run all twenty-seven of these
> events, and made several other trips to Grattan Raceway as well.  While I
> pretty much like them all...Grattan is my favorite race track.  It is the
> right size for our cars.  It has a long front straight where your car
should
> be able to get going about as fast as it can go, followed by a tricky,
twisty,
> roller coaster backside that requires 100% of your attention.  We'll be
> paddocked in the upper competition paddock ( garages #8, #9, and #10 all
> weekend.  Fancy, huh?
>
> One more thing:  one of the highlights of this August event at Grattan is
that
> this tract is in the heart of the Western Michigan fruit country. When most
> folks think of peaches, they thinki of California or Georgia, but Michigan
has
> fantastic peaches, and they are ripe and for sale at fruit stands now (also
> apples, blue berries, etc.).  There is a night and day difference between
> these tree ripened peaches and what you can get at your local produce
market.
> We always bring home a bushel to share with friends and neighbors.  Twenty
> eight years ago, when we first started racing Grattan Raceway, we made up
our
> mind that when we stopped racing, we'll still keep coming for the peaches.
>
>
> For those with any curious interests, my close racing friend and fellow
FOTer,
> Jeff Snook has been brokered to sell my nice TR4 street car. Its first eBay
> auction was unsuccessful, and a second auction started yesterday afternoon.
> It is item number 261261907989, and a link to it is:
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261261907989&s
> sPageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123#ht_36241wt_958
>
>
> It actually may have come close to selling the first time around, as one of
> the bidders contacted Jeff after the auction claiming a last second bid
close
> to our reserve price was not recognized.  We'll probably get to see if he
was
> serious later on in this auction.
>
> Bill Dentinger
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:35:51 -0400

Oops.  One county in S. C. Grows more peach

Sent from my iPhone

all
Grattan,
should
twisty,
that
has
market.
our
FOTer,
close
was