Subject: [Fot] 27th Vintage Grand Prix au Grattan...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

Amici...

Next week end Tony Drews (TR4), Tim & Ryan Murphy (TR4), and I (TR3) will all
be representing TEAM TRACTOR at the 27th annual Vintage Grand Prix au Grattan,
Grattan Raceway, Grattan, Michigan.  I have run all twenty-seven of these
events, and made several other trips to Grattan Raceway as well.  While I
pretty much like them all...Grattan is my favorite race track.  It is the
right size for our cars.  It has a long front straight where your car should
be able to get going about as fast as it can go, followed by a tricky, twisty,
roller coaster backside that requires 100% of your attention.  We'll be
paddocked in the upper competition paddock ( garages #8, #9, and #10 all
weekend.  Fancy, huh?

One more thing:  one of the highlights of this August event at Grattan is that
this tract is in the heart of the Western Michigan fruit country. When most
folks think of peaches, they thinki of California or Georgia, but Michigan has
fantastic peaches, and they are ripe and for sale at fruit stands now (also
apples, blue berries, etc.).  There is a night and day difference between
these tree ripened peaches and what you can get at your local produce market.
We always bring home a bushel to share with friends and neighbors.  Twenty
eight years ago, when we first started racing Grattan Raceway, we made up our
mind that when we stopped racing, we'll still keep coming for the peaches.

For those with any curious interests, my close racing friend and fellow FOTer,
Jeff Snook has been brokered to sell my nice TR4 street car. Its first eBay
auction was unsuccessful, and a second auction started yesterday afternoon.
It is item number 261261907989, and a link to it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261261907989&s
sPageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123#ht_36241wt_958

It actually may have come close to selling the first time around, as one of
the bidders contacted Jeff after the auction claiming a last second bid close
to our reserve price was not recognized.  We'll probably get to see if he was
serious later on in this auction.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive