Subject: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

I am looking for a set of tires for my Spitfire. I use it mostly as a daily driver, but auto cross with it as well. The tires that are on it now measure 155/80R/13 and were only supposed to be shop rollers. 2 years later, I am looking again. The shops around here have junk, so what kind do you all recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn Frank

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: The Fooddude <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:20:42 -0500

Correction on toyos, should read RA1 not RE1.

Sent via and typos courtesy wireless handheld device.

-------- Original message --------
From: Spitfire Racing <[email-masked]> 
Date: 08/15/2013  10:19 AM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: 'FoodDude' <[email-masked]>,'Shawn Frank' <[email-masked]>,'Friends of Triumph' <[email-masked]> 
Subject: RE: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire 
 
Hoosier Street TD's are not road legal as I recall. It's what I run on the
track.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of FoodDude
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:59 AM
To: 'Shawn Frank'; 'Friends of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

I had good success with Toyo RE1's, but they are no longer made in 13".
There are a few new sets floating around, but check MFG date.B  I now run
Toyo R888, 1st test in a couple of weeks.

Another FoT is running Hoosier Street TD's on his Spit.

If you buy Toyos, do not pay extra for heat cycling, as Toyo already does
this at the factory.

Good luck!

Dave Foreman
#24 BRG 1964 Spitfire (FP in vintage, HP in SCCA)
#22 Green 1970 TR6 Chump
Mimosa 1975 TR6 street car

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Shawn Frank
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:30 PM
To: Friends of Triumph
Subject: [Fot] Tires for a Spitfire

I am looking for a set of tires for my Spitfire. I use it mostly as a daily
driver, but auto cross with it as well. The tires that are on it now measure
155/80R/13 and were only supposed to be shop rollers. 2 years later, I am
looking again. The shops around here have junk, so what kind do you all
recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn Frank

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3211/6577 - Release Date: 08/14/13
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]