Subject: Re: [Fot] Proper attire

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:52:37 -0400

Forget about the beer money. I have a feeling we'll have you covered. You are
worrying me with the pink Ferrari shirts though. :)

Looking forward to finally meeting you!

Marty

----------------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:15:45 -0600
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Fot] Proper attire
>
> When taking trips, Karen and I pack with quite different styles. She'll
> fuss and fret for
> days, getting out her suitcase and putting things in, taking them out,
> back in, whatever.
> Me? Open sock drawer - friday, saturday, sunday. Open underwear drawer
> - friday, saturday,
> sunday. You get the picture.
>
> We are both planning trips in early September, but different
> destinations. She's going off
> with her family on a short vacation in California, I'm heading back to
> the Great Flat Spot.
> ( aka east of the Rockies ) But I have a bit of a dilemma. This is a
> major event, I should
> probably take some care with my appearance. But seeing as how my ride
> from the airport
> in Milwaukee to Elkhart Lake will be in a TR3, I need to pack light.
>
> So I have these nice golf shirts, I should probably take one to augment
> the usual array of
> Kastner Cup t shirts. Both nice, bright pink. One has the Ferrari logo
> on it. Not a British
> car - I'd stand out in the crowd of Triumph folks for sure, assuming I
> don't get beaten
> within an inch of my life with broken fan belts and cracked radiator
> hoses! So maybe the
> Jaguar shirt would be a better choice. Decisions, decisions. Wonder if
> I have Porsche swag ;-)
>
> Yes, at this point I am planning on attending, showing up thursday
> night. I may or may not
> need a ride to the Milwaukee airport sunday, we shall see.
>
> Looking forward to this event and seeing so many of you. Hope my beer
> money lasts all
> weekend, I owe a few to various folks.
>
> mjb.
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Bownes - Seiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:55:58 -0400

He's just showing he's secure in his masculinity by wearing a Ferrari shirt. I
can't explain the pink part tho.

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "J. Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:21:39 -0700

In the mid 90's, one of my best friends from college invited me to a USC vs.
Stanford game in Northern Cal.  We would drive up in his TR8 and some old frat
buddies of his offered us floor space in their "motel".  So I'm thinking Motel
6, dinner at Sizzler, bleachers at Stanford, hopping college bars, back to
Motel 6, and a morning cruise back to Los Angeles in the TR.  Space in a TR8
is limited as well as the space in a shared motel, so I packed extremely light
and didn't think to bring anything particularly "nice".

When we arrived in San Francisco, I discovered the address was for the
Embarcadero, a four star hotel.  We arrived just in time to join his friends
for dinner.  His friends were in coats and ties.  Transportation was a
limosene.  Embarrassed by my clothing, I slipped away after dinner and sought
my own bar to lose myself in a bottle while they bar hopped.  How badly was I
dressed?  Well, when I finally got back to the hotel, well after 2 am, the
doorman didn't want to let me in as he assumed I was homeless!  And the
alcohol on breath, lack of a key, and a foggy grasp of my hosts' names did not
help!  (It took some smooth talking to get to the elevator!)

Early the next morning, I slipped out while my friend and our hosts were
getting dressed for breakfast. I hit a men's clothing store across the street,
that I had eyed the night before, that was just opening their doors.  I bought
a whole wardrobe:  shoes, socks, pants, belt, shirt, sweater, and a high end
wool jacket.  I asked to wear the outfit out of the store.  When I returned to
the room, there was a great commotion, as they all wondered how this magical
transformation had occurred!  I said, "I like to travel light.  That's what
the American Express card is for!"

Turns out, the night before, everyone had assumed that I was just some guy
that worked for their fellow frat buddy. They didn't realize I actually went
to USC and graduated the same year as them!  There were many apologies as
everyone assumed they had probably snubbed me to some extent. (Though, in
reality, they had treated me reasonably well despite my Charles Dicken's
attire.)

There is a moral to this story...

I now never fail to bring a wide ranging wardrobe to cover the unknowns.  I am
still able to pack quickly, but I don't skimp any more than absolutely
necessary to stay within reason.  I've been the target of verbal jabs on the
front end of business trips by fellow employees or employers who chose
carry-ons over suitcases, but then when we discovered that we were actually
going to nice places with VIPs at night, and I actually could dress properly
for each occasion, or foul weather came into play, and I was the only one with
gloves and long johns, etc.  Suddenly my medium sized single bag, over their
carry-on bags, etc., didn't seem so bad!

Last year, I worked in New York for a week.  Needless to say, I was dressed
right at work and at play, every day, but I only had one checked bag and a
carry-on.

--Justin

On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:15 PM, Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When taking trips, Karen and I pack with quite different styles. She'll fuss
and fret for
> days, getting out her suitcase and putting things in, taking them out, back
in, whatever.
> Me?  Open sock drawer - friday, saturday, sunday.  Open underwear drawer -
friday, saturday,
> We are both planning trips in early September, but different destinations.
She's going off
> with her family on a short vacation in California, I'm heading back to the
Great Flat Spot.
> ( aka east of the Rockies )  But I have a bit of a dilemma.  This is a major
event, I should
> probably take some care with my appearance.  But seeing as how my ride from
the airport
> So I have these nice golf shirts, I should probably take one to augment the
usual array of
> Kastner Cup t shirts.  Both nice, bright pink.  One has the Ferrari logo on
it.  Not a British
> car - I'd stand out in the crowd of Triumph folks for sure, assuming I don't
get beaten
> within an inch of my life with broken fan belts and cracked radiator hoses!
So maybe the
> Jaguar shirt would be a better choice.  Decisions, decisions. Wonder if I
have Porsche swag ;-)
>
> Yes, at this point I am planning on attending, showing up thursday night.  I
may or may not
> Looking forward to this event and seeing so many of you.  Hope my beer money
lasts all
> weekend, I owe a few to various folks.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:43:58 -0400

If you must wear an Italian shirt please make it Alfa Romero ( my street car).
Ride to air port available Monday morning from Sheboygan.

Sent from my iPhone

and fret for
in, whatever.
friday, saturday,
She's going off
Great Flat Spot.
event, I should
the airport
usual array of
it.  Not a British
get beaten
So maybe the
have Porsche swag ;-)
may or may not
lasts all
> weekend, I owe a few to various folks.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:51:07 -0600

marty sukey wrote:
>   You are worrying me with the pink Ferrari shirts though. :)
>
>

They came from my brother in law who passed away a couple of years ago.  
He was
involved with Cave Creek European in Cave Creek, Arizona for quite some 
time.
They dealt with high end cars, mostly German, but some Jaguar.  A fair 
number of his
clothes fit me, and they were too good to just throw out.

The best part is my sister sends me some of his tools from time to 
time.  I wish I could
drive my truck down there and haul his big red wagon home, fully 
loaded.  Oh well.

mjb.

---

From: "Charly Mitchel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 07:07:45 -0700

"please make it Alfa Romero ( my street car)."

Is this any relation to the Joker, Caesar Romero?
 I always thought it was Romeo

Charly Mitchel
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hasty" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mark J Bradakis" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Friends of Triumph" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Proper attire

>> When taking trips, Karen and I pack with quite different styles. She'll
fuss
>> days, getting out her suitcase and putting things in, taking them out,
back
>> ( aka east of the Rockies )  But I have a bit of a dilemma.  This is a
major
>> probably take some care with my appearance.  But seeing as how my ride
from
>> So I have these nice golf shirts, I should probably take one to augment
the
>> Kastner Cup t shirts.  Both nice, bright pink.  One has the Ferrari logo
on
>> car - I'd stand out in the crowd of Triumph folks for sure, assuming I
don't
>> within an inch of my life with broken fan belts and cracked radiator
hoses!
>> Looking forward to this event and seeing so many of you.  Hope my beer
money
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:13:42 -0400

my Iphone made me do it! big thumbs and small phone = bad spellllling

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.

  _____  

From: Charly Mitchel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:08 AM
To: John Hasty; Mark J Bradakis
Cc: Friends of Triumph
Subject: Re: [Fot] Proper attire

 
Charly Mitchel
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Proper attire

fuss
back
>> Me?  Open sock drawer - friday, saturday, sunday.  Open underwear drawer
-
>> We are both planning trips in early September, but different
destinations.
the
major
from
the
on
don't
hoses!
money
>>  <http://www.fot-racing.com> http://www.fot-racing.com
>>
>> Donate:  <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive:  <http://www.team.net/archive> http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:  <http://www.team.net/forums> http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
>  <http://www.fot-racing.com> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate:  <http://www.team.net/donate.html> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:  <http://www.team.net/archive> http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums:  <http://www.team.net/forums> http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]