Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Hoosier Speedsters on my 1958 TR3

From: Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:46:29 -0500

I have a crack showing on the sidewalks of my Hoosier speedsters which was
concerning me. See email chain below for reply from Hoosier, good news and a
little informative.

The crack is located pretty consistently right through the r in Hoosier. Made
me think it might be something related to construction of the tire.

If you want a pic, let me know.

Greg

Begin forwarded message:

>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Jeff Speer [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:27 AM
>> To: Blake, Gregory S
>> Subject: RE: Hoosier Speedsters on my 1958 TR3
>>
>> Greg,
>> Thanks for writing me with your concern about this cracking line on your
Speedsters. This is not a concern, as this crack is the edge of the tread
rubber which is applied to the tire and then folded down onto the sidewall.
>>
>> Over time(new tires in Feb. 2012) this line will become more apparent to
the user.
>>
>> I would continue using them if the performance of the tires are still good.
There is no safety concern with this cosmetic issue.
>>
>> Also, I do not think storage conditions had any part of this tire sidewall
cracking, just age or time.
>>
>> Any other questions, please write me.
>>
>>
>> Jeffrey A. Speer
>> Product Manager
>>
>> Hoosier Racing Tire
>> 65465 US Hwy 31
>> Lakeville, IN 46536
>> www.hoosiertire.com
>> Phone: 574-784-3152
>> Fax: 574-784-2385
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Blake, Gregory S [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:28 AM
>> To: Ken Boyle
>> Subject: Hoosier Speedsters on my 1958 TR3
>>
>> To whom it may concern,
>>
>> I have attached a photo of one of my tires on my TR3.  The crack shown is
on all tires on both sidewalls in the same location relative to the distance
from the rim.  I did not see this kind of cracking on my first set of Hoosiers
purchased in 2009, but can't say that I was looking for it either.  This set
was purchased in Feb '12 in Texas.  They have plenty of grip left and still
show depth in the tread pattern so I was planning to use them at TWS with CVAR
in September and possibly with SVRA at COTA in Oct, then buy a new set for
next year.
>>
>> I need to know if I should be concerned with this type of cracking?  Is
there something that I have done to cause this?  Typical storage is car on
jacks, tires remained mounted with minimal pressure stored in corner of my
garage sitting on the side walls stack 4 high.  I don't cover the tires while
in the garage.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg Blake
>> #4(now #41) Silver TR3.  Pic attached of car too.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
___________________________________________________________________________
>> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
viruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
all threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
and before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.
>>
>> This electronic mail communication may contain privileged, confidential,
and/or proprietary information which is the property of The Atkins North
America Corporation, WS Atkins plc or one of its affiliates. If you are not
the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the intended recipient please
delete this communication and notify the sender that you have received it in
error. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies can be found at
http://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details
>>
>> Consider the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really
need to.
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you may not make any use of, or rely in
any way on this information and you should destroy this message and notify the
sender by reply email.
___________________________________________________________________________
>> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
viruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
all threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
and before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:10:01 -0400 (EDT)

WOW! That's a pretty straight forward response from Hoosier.  No PYA beating
around the bush.  I'm impressed.
 Bill Dentinger
> Thanks for writing me with your concern about this cracking line on your
peedsters. This is not a concern, as this crack is the edge of the tread
ubber which is applied to the tire and then folded down onto the sidewall.
> Over time(new tires in Feb. 2012) this line will become more apparent to
he user.
> I would continue using them if the performance of the tires are still good.
here is no safety concern with this cosmetic issue.
> Also, I do not think storage conditions had any part of this tire sidewall
racking, just age or time.
> I have attached a photo of one of my tires on my TR3.  The crack shown is
n all tires on both sidewalls in the same location relative to the distance
rom the rim.  I did not see this kind of cracking on my first set of Hoosiers
urchased in 2009, but can't say that I was looking for it either.  This set
as purchased in Feb '12 in Texas.  They have plenty of grip left and still
how depth in the tread pattern so I was planning to use them at TWS with CVAR
n September and possibly with SVRA at COTA in Oct, then buy a new set for
ext year.
> I need to know if I should be concerned with this type of cracking?  Is
here something that I have done to cause this?  Typical storage is car on
acks, tires remained mounted with minimal pressure stored in corner of my
arage sitting on the side walls stack 4 high.  I don't cover the tires while
n the garage.
> #4(now #41) Silver TR3.  Pic attached of car too.
__________________________________________________________________________
> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
iruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
ll threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
nd before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.
> This electronic mail communication may contain privileged, confidential,
nd/or proprietary information which is the property of The Atkins North
merica Corporation, WS Atkins plc or one of its affiliates. If you are not
he intended recipient or an authorized agent of the intended recipient please
elete this communication and notify the sender that you have received it in
rror. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies can be found at
ttp://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details
> Consider the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really
eed to.
xclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
ntended recipient of this message, you may not make any use of, or rely in
ny way on this information and you should destroy this message and notify the
ender by reply email.
__________________________________________________________________________
> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
iruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
ll threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
nd before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]