Subject: [Fot] GT6 limited slip availability

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:30:02 +1000

one of our local Triumph club members has an oriignal detroit locker in his
race GT6 and he's looking to move back to something less savage, possibly a
torsen/helical type or even a clutch plate type.  is there any other diff
centre that can be modifed to  fit these housings or does anyone want a
swap??

thanks
Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 09:25:09 +1000

thanks for the comments guys, but so far no-one has really answered my
query about where we can find an alternative diff. there seems to be plenty
of GT6/Spitfires racing in the states . surely someone among this
illustrious group must know what fits???????

the on-off switch comments from scott seem to most closely match the
comments from my racer mate who hates the detroit locker in his GT6 and
says it has to go

i've got one in my Triumph 2.5 saloon race car and its no trouble at all.
in fact, i took a salisbury plate type out to fit the locker. the lighter
GT6 is clearly unable to cope with the on/off nature of the detroit locker

the previous owner of my race GT6 got so pissed off with breaking diffs he
fitted a subaru one which has a salisbury in it

Terry