Subject: [Fot] Germany And The USA. 60 years of Competition

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:56:15 -0500

In the early 50s we had three Americans thrashing around Germany with their
Triumphs. These three will be at Road America next week.

Dan Fowler   First American to win a championship at Nurburgring  in a TR2.

Robert Johns   Triumph Factory Driver....which included co-drive with Mike
Rothschild at 12 Hours of Sebring

Mr. Maguire.  AKA as "Mr. Triumph" in Des Moines. He drove his TR in Germany,
raced it in SCCA in the US, and then restored it. It will be at GOG and Road
America.

Wait! There's more.....

Christian Marx is coming to America from Germany and will be racing in two
different Triumphs,
to show us how a German drives a Triumph. And he will do very well.

I am not sure what this all means, but I find it very cool.

I AM sure these 70 something TR Pilots will hanging on the fence at Turn 5
watching Chris drive.

No pressure here, eh, Chris?

There will be stories like this all weekend. See you there.......

Joe A
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive