Subject: [Fot] Belated thank you for radiator advice

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:23:32 -0400 FILETIME=[7AD9EF40:01CE943A]

A week or so ago I posted a call for advice on a radiator height issue on a
TR4.  I usually try and send individual responses but time got away from me
with all that was going on trying to finish the car up so he could take it to
the TRF Summer Party last weekend. Oh, by the way it was great to visit with a
couple of the FOT faithful at the Summer Party.  Anyhow, thanks much for all
the replies offering great advice to my dilema of the radiator top outlet
matching up with the thermostat housing.  As it turned out Wizard had done a
design revision about a year ago to correct (or at least improve) this issue.
My buddy was lucky enough to be shipped one of the pre-changed radiators.  He
contacted Wizard and they offered to modify his radiator to the new design at
no charge if he would send it to them.  What I did to get him going was
machine up a couple of 3/8 delrin spacers to raise the radiator up slightly.
It really didn't look too bad with the spacers in place and it cleared the
bonnet.  I am not sure if he is going to bother with getting the radiator
changed when he gets back home with the car.  Now that that car is out of the
shop I can start prepping the Spitfire for the Kastner Cup.  See you all next
month.

Marty
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive