Subject: Re: [Fot] LAST CALL Kastner Cup Shirts and Drivers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:53:34 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 07/01/2013 8:26:23 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> <<< Are there any entry cars to enter the paddock zone?  

   The competition paddock is open to all. >>>  Because parking is 
eventually 
> limited, depending upon the entry size, sometimes they limit the number 
> of street cars that can get into the competition paddock.  In this case they 
> issue 'Paddock Passes' for the street cars.  If you are listed on a race 
> team, they're usually available.
> 

  <<< As I never have been to USA everything will be completely new to me 
(the
> 
> money, how to drive on American roads, the food). >>>  

   I think you will find people here in the Midwest to be very fair, 
honest, > hospitable and glad to see you.  Your English is very good, and while it 
> may miss some local colloquialisms, you'll do fine and have fun doing it.  
> We drive British sports cars, but on the right side of the road.  Watch 
> your speed.  Sheboygan county has German roots.   
> 

<<< Are there any numbers I could call if I get lost somehow or arrested? >>
>
> 
> For sure, try not to get arrested.  The FOT is not organized enough to 
handle International Incidents.  Many, if not most, rental cars these days have 
built in GPS systems.  I don't see you getting into any circumstances that 
you can't handle on your own.  Just be aware of the various local addresses 
you want to be able to get to, so you can enter them into the GPS system.  
Almost everyone has a cell phone these days.  Check to see if your cell phone 
has 'service' here in Wisconsin.  Then get a couple of numbers from other 
FOTers to hang onto just in case.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive