Subject: [Fot] clutch

From: Ted Schumacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:23:04 -0400

Hi List. With all the discussion of clutch disc's, here is one of 
several styles we supply.  The problem with the OE style disc is the 
"fingers" that radiate out from  the hub to hold the friction material 
are really thin metal. The fingers tear and you're left with the hub 
spinning around the input shaft but no forward movement.  Not good!  
This disc uses larger take-up springs to dampen initial shock load when 
engaging.  If you look at the construction, disc has much thicker and 
more metal supporting the friction material than a stock clutch disc.  
Not quite as good as a solid center paddle style disc but certainly 
gentler on the drive line. Disc is available with a large variety of 
hubs for your application - 1 1/8" 10 spline, 1" x 10, 1" x 23, etc.  
Lead time to build is about a week.  We also have solid center, paddle 
style clutches available.  Thanks, Ted

-- 
Ted Schumacher
[email-masked]
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_0094.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive