Subject: Re: [Fot] GOG

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:25:57 -0500

Ken,

There is a police escort to and from the track for the Old Course Reenactment.
This is a great feature that you will want to take advantage of.

They do this at Watkins Glen and it is enormous fun. But it is a lot easier to
do at Road America and the village.

Unfortunately, you are correct, if you stay for the GOG you have to make
arrangements to trailer your race car back to the track.

Some of us have single axle trailers and some cars are licensed and insured.
Thanks for asking and thinking of this.

We already appreciate the fact that we have so many folks crossing the
Continental Divide.

Joe A

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 31, 2013, at 8:49 AM, "Kenneth Knight" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Joe:
>
> Do I recall correctly that if you go to the GOG with you race car you have
to trailer it back?  I would love to take the car but getting out my rig and
loading that car is a ton of work.  My car is not registered or legal for the
street, nor does it have a muffler.
> Ken
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:47:44 -0700

Joe,
Based on past ELVFs, what gets missed in track time if one does both
events?  I figure there are no racing events during the re-enactment?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Joe Alexander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:10:28 -0500

It's a good question.....

The schedule on Saturday afternoon is set up so that the majority of our FOT
will run right after lunch, leaving time for folks to gather behind the police
escort car before it leaves for the Village.

That is not to say that it doesn't get tight on time. However, our paddock
area is also convenient to the departure point.

The VSCDA does its best to make this happen.

The fact that we are going to be tightly cloistered together in the paddock,
should help facilitate this, too.

Thanks for asking......it helps raise the level of awareness.

Joe A

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:47 PM, "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Joe,
> Based on past ELVFs, what gets missed in track time if one does both events?
I figure there are no racing events during the re-enactment?

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:47:48 -0400

I asked the same question several weeks ago. The old course deal leaves at
1:30 according to the entry form and returns at 5:00. but as yet no schedule
tells us what the sat group practice times are.  Joe " right after lunch"
usually means 1:00.  What does "majority of our FOT" mean? Do you have a
schedule?

Sent from my iPhone

>> Based on past ELVFs, what gets missed in track time if one does both
events?
>>> They do this at Watkins Glen and it is enormous fun. But it is a lot
easier
> to
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:24:57 -0500

Saturday Schedule - Tentative

Reenactment & GOG participants departs the track 2:45pm

Groups 2 & 8, the majority of the FOT, will be done with Sprint Races by
2:00pm.

Keep the faith baby....this is not their first rodeo.

Sent from my iPad

events?
easier
>>>> loading that car is a ton of work.  My car is not registered or legal
for
>> the