Subject: Re: [Fot] HANS/Similar required at Nationals at COTA

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:51:09 +0200

Is this also mandatory at RA?

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von FoodDude
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013 18:36
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [Fot] HANS/Similar required at Nationals at COTA

Fot:

For those of you traveling to the US Vintage Nationals at COTA in Austin
held by SVRA this October:

SVRA Competition Bulletin #CB2013-009

June 18, 2013 by SRVA <http://www.svra.com/author/admin/>

Subject: SAFETY-Head and Neck Support Systems
From: Raymond Snowdon, Competition Director

SVRA Competition Bulletin #CB2013-009
<http://www.svra.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Competition_Bulletin_CB2013-
009.pdf>  (PDF)

The safety of all competitors is of primary concern to all of us at the
Sportscar Vintage Racing Association.

Following a number of incidents in various Vintage events during 2012 and
the current 2013 season, SVRA has interviewed drivers and emergency
personnel involved. One common statement has been made regarding each
incident: “the HANS system saved the driver.”

As a result of this information and feedback, SVRA feels immediate action is
appropriate to continue being a leader in safety compliance for drivers.

Effective July 1, 2013, HEAD and NECK SUPPORT SYSTEMS that meet SFI 38.1
Standards, are MANDATORY for all competitors in S.V.R.A. events.

Information on these Systems can be found at: www.sfifoundation.com. Click:
MANUFACTURERS, then click “38.1″.

Pre War drivers will be currently exempt from this requirement, but drivers
are urged to investigate, select, and use alternate head and neck support as
currently benefiting enduro, karting and motorcycle road racers.

And from SFI Foundation:

Specification 38.1 - Head and Neck Restraint Systems HANS Performance
Products - HANS Device (All Series) <http://www.hansdevice.
com>
Leatt Brace - MRX Device <http://www.leatt-brace.com> NecksGen Device
<http://www.necksgen.com> Simpson R3 Device
<http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>
Simpson R3 Rage Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>
Simpson Hybrid Pro Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>
Simpson Hybrid Pro Rage Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>
Simpson Hybrid/Hybrid Rage Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>

Simpson Hybrid X Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>

Please note that there are products from other manufacturers such as
DefNder, Leatt Brace, and Safety Solutions that were previously certified
and labeled as meeting SFI 38.1. They are not currently listed on the SFI
website because they are no longer in new production. However, any devices
still in the field or at retail outlets that have SFI 38.1 stickers on them
were properly tested and certified at the time. The certifications for those
devices remain valid.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:00:24 -0500

VSCDA website says the they recommend but do not require a HANS 
device (or approved equivalent).

Tony D

At 11:51 AM 7/30/2013, MadMarx wrote:
>incident: $B!H(Bthe HANS system saved the driver.$B!I(B
>
>MANUFACTURERS, then click $B!H(B38.1$B!m(B.
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:11:37 -0500

Are any FOT planning on coming to Austin for the first ever vintage race
weekend at the F1 track?    (SVRA Oct 24-28)

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

> incident: bthe HANS system saved the driver.b
>
> MANUFACTURERS, then click b38.1b3.
>
> Specification 38.1 - Head and Neck Restraint Systems
> HANS Performance Products - HANS Device (All Series)
<http://www.hansdevice.
> com>
> Leatt Brace - MRX Device <http://www.leatt-brace.com>
> NecksGen Device <http://www.necksgen.com>
> Simpson R3 Device <http://simpsonraceproducts.com/head-neck>
> Simpson Hybrid/Hybrid Rage Device
> were properly tested and certified at the time. The certifications for
those
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:13:01 +0200

To make sure I've just bought an HANS helmet and gear.

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tony Drews [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013 19:00
An: MadMarx; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Fot] HANS/Similar required at Nationals at COTA

VSCDA website says the they recommend but do not require a HANS device (or
approved equivalent).

Tony D

At 11:51 AM 7/30/2013, MadMarx wrote:
>For those of you traveling to the US Vintage Nationals at COTA in
>Austin held by SVRA this October:
>
>
>Following a number of incidents in various Vintage events during 2012
>and the current 2013 season, SVRA has interviewed drivers and emergency
>As a result of this information and feedback, SVRA feels immediate
>action is appropriate to continue being a leader in safety compliance for
drivers.
>
>Effective July 1, 2013, HEAD and NECK SUPPORT SYSTEMS that meet SFI
>38.1 Standards, are MANDATORY for all competitors in S.V.R.A. events.
>
>Pre War drivers will be currently exempt from this requirement, but
>drivers are urged to investigate, select, and use alternate head and
>neck support as currently benefiting enduro, karting and motorcycle road
racers.
>Simpson Hybrid Pro Rage Device
>DefNder, Leatt Brace, and Safety Solutions that were previously
>certified and labeled as meeting SFI 38.1. They are not currently
>listed on the SFI website because they are no longer in new production.
>However, any devices still in the field or at retail outlets that have
>SFI 38.1 stickers on them were properly tested and certified at the
>time. The certifications for those devices remain valid.

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:21:07 -0500

I highly recommend that safety equipment!

Tony

At 12:13 PM 7/30/2013, MadMarx wrote:
> ><http://www.svra.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06
> /Competition_Bulletin_CB>2013-
> >009.pdf>  (PDF)
> >
> >Products - HANS Device (All Series) <http://www.hansdevice.>com>

---

From: Jhouathome <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:45:13 -0500

Bob,
At our VSCDA board meeting a couple weeks ago we revisited this issue.
Currently our position is to "strongly recommend" the use of an approved
system for all competitors.  This has been our position and will remain our
position at least for the immediate future.  We will continue to evaluate this
position over the coming months.

While it will not be required to have a head and neck system at the K-cup, I
recommend, in the strongest possible way, the use of one.  If any of you has
never tried one I can lend you one to try  out at the KCup.  I always have a
spare in the trailer.  No, I don't sell for HANS!  I just train a lot of
drivers, and have a reasonable amount of background in race related safety
issues, and am a true believer in good safety equipment.

John Houlton

Sent from my iPad

>> Pre War drivers will be currently exempt from this requirement, but
drivers
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:51:38 -0600

Me too,
Once your belted in you won't know you have it on unless you try to look over
your shoulder.
Jim g

Sent from my iPhone

>> >time. The certifications for those devices remain valid.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg And Alison Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:08:48 -0500

Bob,

To answer your question, yes. Pops and I will be there, but you knew that.

I would like to know who all from the group plans to be there. Alison and I
are not that far from the track and can possibly host some folks if needed.

Greg

drivers
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]