Subject: [Fot] PVGP @ PIR

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:37:07 -0400 FILETIME=[913E43D0:01CE8229]

Had a great  weekend at the PVGP at PIR this past weekend. Actually completed
my first race weekend since attempting this racing stuff . Took two and a half
engines and three attempts but after 8 sessions I still drove the car back on
the trailer at the end of the day sunday and I'm good with that.  Found some
bugs, fixed some bugs and have plans to address some more prior to the Kastner
Cup. Got to meet Mike More, John Styduhar, Ron Scott, Brian S. ?.  Talked to
Dale Oesterle, George Wright (in his ultra fast rice burner) and paddocked
next to Bill Tobin and that traveling hardware store of his. Thanks for the
parts Bill!  I was 7 seconds faster than my attempt at this track back in 2011
and nobody told me I was number one while they were passing me on track. I'll
take that.  The new ownership has made a bunch of improvements at the track.
Two new shower buildings, lots of fresh blacktop paddock space and they are in
the early stages of building the new track extension.  Future Kastner Cup
potential? I think this is going to be quite the place when they are done.
Now if somebody would just build a new hotel down the street it would be
perfect.  Speaking of hotels, at the Holiday Inn we stayed at they were having
a Marine Corp. Harley reunion all weekend. There was roughly 200 Harleys in
the parking lot with the owners in their leathers and tattoos.  We were a bit
concerned at first but they were a fantastic group.

See you in September

Marty
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive