Subject: [Fot] Fw: Kastner Cup 2013 press release

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 15:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

For Immediate Release: Please put into publication and share

The Friends of
Triumph Presents:

The Kastner Cup 2013

There are some events that are life
changing. Not only one event, but many aspects and sides to a whole
experience. Just the thought of it gives me goosebumps. The particular event
we are excited about is the Kastner Cup 2013.
 
It is the 11th installment in
an annual event filled with racing history. Starting in 2003 in Ontario,
Canada at Mosport International Raceway and has been held at different
historic villages with racetracks in the forefront all over North America.
With locations like Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, and other race
tracks, this installment for 2013 should prove to be the largest and most
historic of them all. The Village of Elkhart Lake, WI is alive with racing
influence and sights that any motor sports fan can relish for life. From the
old course still in place with landmarks like turn five, The Hard Left, to the
start/finish line distinctly marked in the background of the famous Seibken's
Resort and Tavern. Elegance, style, ambiance are all felt while standing in
the center of it all. Did Paul Newman sit in this very chair? Did Kas Kastner
stay in this room? The mind can't help but wander off into thoughts of high
revs and tire smoke. The
 prominence and prestige of the rich and famous, the finer things right before
your very eyes.
 
Even visiting the small village's benefits like quaint
antique shops, personable cafes, and local villagers' smiles and welcoming
waves, all with the sweet song of horsepower in the distance. This weekend
will be filled with "can't miss" events. Take in a stroll around the green
terrain, eat at a five star restaurant, order a drink at Seibken's Bar, enjoy
the Gather on the Green Vintage Car Show near the old start/finish line in the
Osthoff Luxury Resort courtyard, or hang out at the track all day and soak up
the sights and sounds that are only present at this event. If you have a car,
you are in for a special treat. There will be Old Course reenactments, tour
laps at Road America, and wind in your hair while following vintage cars
wanting to be a part of it all just like you. This promises to be a touch of
it all. A hint of the honor and glory of yester-years.
 
Not only will there
be racing, but it will be a display of how things used to be. Real men in
rockets on the razor's edge in cars that are rebuilt to specs of their prime.
40, 50, 60 year old cars humming a tune of power around Canada corner and up
the hill towards the tower. Spectators, aptly pegged "Fence Monkeys" peering
around the corners trying to get a glimpse of days of glory past. The smell of
burnt rubber and exhaust fumes ever present at every corner of this "4 Miles
of  Black Magic".
 
This will be the place to be, the thing to do, and will
coexist with the VSCDA's Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival starting September 6th
and continuing through September 8th. The Kastner Cup will be the crown jewel
of this entire weekend. Someone will be awarded the prestigious Kastner Cup.
It won't necessarily be the fastest driver. It is possible to win twice, just
not consecutively, but I guarantee they will be pushing as hard as everyone
else. There is yet to be a repeat winner. The Kastner Cup is based on 50%
track performance, 25% car presentation, and 25% attitude and interest in
Vintage Racing.
 
Come be a part of it all. Take in all the sights and sounds
that this once in a lifetime experience has to offer. Whether you are a racer
or spectator, we promise you will develop fond memories and meet people with
the same passion and love for vintage cars and the lifestyle that comes with
being a custodian of such works of art, displays of form and function, and
historic drivers alike.

See you there. September 6th-8th at Elkhart Lake, WI.
VSCDA's Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival and Kastner Cup 2013 are waiting for
you...
For Tickets and camping info:
http://www.roadamerica.com/
For Driver
Entry, Race Schedules, Etc:
http://www.vscda.org/
Host Hotel/Resort and
Lodging info:
http://www.osthoff.com/
Driver and Crew info:
http://www.fot-racing.com/
Other Lodging info:
http://www.siebkens.com/
View
pictures: 
http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/ContinuedLegacy/library/Kastner%20Cup%20201
3%20Press%20release?sort=3&page=1

There will be more info coming on package
deals exclusively to Friends of Triumph, VTR, TRA, 6 PAK, VSCDA, ELVF, and
NASS members. These packages will include welcome dinner (Friday night) with
Kas Kastner, old course re-enactment, crew assignments for the famous Triumph
TR 250K, prime paddock parking (Triumphs only), Gather on the Green car show
on the Osthoff Resort lawn, Road America track touring, and much more for the
whole weekend. Everyone with packages and a Triumph will be able to take a
pre-grid lap of Road America on Sunday before the Kastner Cup. For package
info and forms, please email me at [email-masked]. 

Please share this
with others that may be interested in attending this epic, once-in-a-lifetime
event. 
 
Shawn Frank
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive