Subject: [Fot] Triumphs are still relevant, even today

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 05:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

With the dawn of the new age and the alignment of the new world order taking 
shape, occasionally on must take a few steps back to be right with the world. 
This past weekend is one such event when the Chump Series came to the well used 
Texas World Speedway in College Station Texas. Six fearless champions came to 
show to the world, once again, that the Triumph marque was still relevant and 
worthy. Team FOGHAT (five old guys have a Triumph) ... (yes we can't count 
either) proudly campaigned a true crap can car.. in theory there are supposed to 
be $500 cars that enter the event... now I don't know about you but I've looked 
far and wide for a $500 Miata (or Myyaatah according to our Canadian driver) and 
I've never found one,,, much less a BMW or a SHO.. but our car I happen to know 
was a former Lemons car owned by Bob Kramer that was a $200 car.. 1970 TR6 bone 
stock and not worthy of much..but it was complete.
We campaigned all day Saturday from start to checker flag EIGHT hours in 95 
degree heat. A big thanks to the CoolShirt company indeed. We had tires that 
were very predictable, they would not hold a corner at all. That night the tires 
were switched out for sticky tires and we started Sunday with much more grip. 
Yours truly was piloting the TR6 when all that traction separated the front 
wheel from the hub, thank God it was not turn 7 or the straight..with much vigor 
and stupidity several of the guys forged on to reattach studs and lugnuts.. we 
were sidelined for several hours but we did get the TR6 back on the track the 
last hour to catch the checked flag!
Later in the afternoon the awards ceremony came around and all the usual 
trophies were passed out. It came to the final trophy for the event, one that 
personified the true spirit of crap can racing in the Chump Series and with 
large eruption of cheers from the team and the crowd, team Foghat was awarded 
the great honor of the receiving the award. I hollered and even shed a tear, it 
was one of the greatest moments in my Triumph career. 

Point is, it's okay to take a few steps back every once in a while, if it makes 
you happy and keeps the true things in life relevant, like racing Triumphs!

Bobby Whitehead
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Reed, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:33:03 -0500

Wow that's awesome. Congrats

On 6/24/13 7:20 AM, "Bobby Whitehead" <[email-masked]> wrote:

With the dawn of the new age and the alignment of the new world order taking
shape, occasionally on must take a few steps back to be right with the world.
This past weekend is one such event when the Chump Series came to the well
used
Texas World Speedway in College Station Texas. Six fearless champions came to
show to the world, once again, that the Triumph marque was still relevant and
worthy. Team FOGHAT (five old guys have a Triumph) ... (yes we can't count
either) proudly campaigned a true crap can car.. in theory there are supposed
to
be $500 cars that enter the event... now I don't know about you but I've
looked
far and wide for a $500 Miata (or Myyaatah according to our Canadian driver)
and
I've never found one,,, much less a BMW or a SHO.. but our car I happen to
know
was a former Lemons car owned by Bob Kramer that was a $200 car.. 1970 TR6
bone
stock and not worthy of much..but it was complete.
We campaigned all day Saturday from start to checker flag EIGHT hours in 95
degree heat. A big thanks to the CoolShirt company indeed. We had tires that
were very predictable, they would not hold a corner at all. That night the
tires
were switched out for sticky tires and we started Sunday with much more grip.
Yours truly was piloting the TR6 when all that traction separated the front
wheel from the hub, thank God it was not turn 7 or the straight..with much
vigor
and stupidity several of the guys forged on to reattach studs and lugnuts..
we
were sidelined for several hours but we did get the TR6 back on the track the
last hour to catch the checked flag!
Later in the afternoon the awards ceremony came around and all the usual
trophies were passed out. It came to the final trophy for the event, one that
personified the true spirit of crap can racing in the Chump Series and with
large eruption of cheers from the team and the crowd, team Foghat was awarded
the great honor of the receiving the award. I hollered and even shed a tear,
it
was one of the greatest moments in my Triumph career.

Point is, it's okay to take a few steps back every once in a while, if it
makes
you happy and keeps the true things in life relevant, like racing Triumphs!

Bobby Whitehead

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

John Reed
Global Staff Photographer
Creative Services

Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Chicago IL 60631: USA
T: 1 773.714.6895    F: 1 773.714.4585
[email-masked]  http://www.wilson.com  http://www.amersports.com

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image.png]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]