Subject: Re: [Fot] the greatest GT6 of all time

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

Jason- Do you have pics of the GT6?  Also, around the Holidays in December I
had asked if someone could help me to get my GT6 on the track.  A few people
responded and I appreciated that.  I lost their names/emails, and I have had
very little luck in trying to get it out at Summit Point or other nearby track
( I live in Maryland).  It seems that I have to go to school in order to get
it out there.  I just want to get some track time, not race.  Perhaps in the
future I would venture into that area and go to school, etc.  It is a fully
prepared car, and I have done many auto crosses in other cars as well as a 3
day Skip Barber competition school at Lime Rock MANY years ago.  Is there
someone whom can give me some guidance here?  Thanks very much- Jay De Pol

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
To: triumph friends <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Jun 12, 2013 4:04 pm
Subject: [Fot] the greatest GT6 of all time

It should be known already that the greatest GT6 racer of all time is John
Reed.
John and I have a nice ongoing GT6 based friendship that has lasted some
35+ years. From the early days of Showroom Stock thru the "giant killer" dp
days in Midwestern Council, and finally the many vintage races in the more
modern era.
Well, let's just say the satchel full of log books that goes along with
this car holds over 300 documented race weekends... most of them driven by
John up towards the sharp end of grid.
In it's British racing green Zippy Racing livery, the car is truly one of a
kind. All those old races are visible and vibrant in its aging patina. Many
unique mods and upgrades are both one of a kind and remarkably simplistic
and smart in design.
As a Father's Day gift to myself, John, and the legions of Triumph fans at
the Blackhawk Classic this weekend.... The Zippy Racing GT6+ is coming out
of hibernation for the first time in 6 years. After a life-long and loving
relationship with the car as it's track mechanic and crew chief; I am, by
far, the stupid car's greatest fan. AND FINALLY, THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE
RACING IT MYSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME.
I have prepped the car to perfection.
Come out and take a whiff of this car's oil soaked glory at the Blackhawk
Classic.
Cant Make it this weekend?
No problem.
ALL THREE of our very different GT6 race cars will be on hand in
the Friendly Ghost Racing paddock area for The Kastner Cup at Road America.

But let it be known, this weekend I will be racing the Greatest GT6 of all
time (sinister laugh out loud)
Should be a pretty nice little Father's Day weekend!

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:47:53 -0500

Could we be looking at more than six GT6s at the Kastner Cup?

Sounds like a photo op, too.

John Reed was Sean's driver instructor....we will be cheering you and the GT6
on this weekend.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "R. John Lye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:34:24 -0400

Jay,

Have you looked into the "Fridays At the Track" program?
It has been a couple of years since I raced at Summit
Point (I live in Virginia), but before the race weekends,
they often held practice sessions.  I can't recall if you
were required to have a competition license for that or
not.  If not, you might look into the NASA HPDE program
(High Performance Driver Education).  You would have an
instructor for at least the first few session, and then
if they were comfortable with you, they will let you
loose.  There are several grades, with "no passing" at
first going up to "limited passing", and then finally
"full passing" groups.

I hope that helps,
John

On Wed, June 12, 2013 5:06 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

wow

________________________________
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, John- Thanks for your response.  I was at Summit Point a week ago Friday,
my kids gave me some laps in an F430 (lots of fun).  I inquired about Fridays
at the Track at that time, and the woman there said I have to go through at
least 4 sessions with two different instructors and be signed off before being
let loose.  I told her it was a race car and not a street car and she said
that was ok (although I have to install another seat).  That was all fine with
me.  I called the track a few days later to speak with the Fridays track
manager, and although I did not speak directly to him, I was told by someone
else that no race cars are allowed at Fridays at the Track!.  Do you know if
the NASA HPDE program is offered at Summit Point?  Do they have a website?
Thanks for the info.-- Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: R. John Lye <[email-masked]>
To: kkjjk <[email-masked]>
Cc: jason <[email-masked]>; fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] the greatest GT6 of all time

Jay,

I hope that helps,
John

---

From: Vince G <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:10:52 -0400

That's awesome. I look forward to the Kastner cup event.

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:11:33 -0400

Jay, go to Nelson's Ledges website. They have Fun Days, with 3 run classes. 
They encourage SCCA guys to bring their cars for shakedown runs in class 3. 
It's a hike, near Youngstown, but lots of track time.
BeaveRun (PITRACE) has a similar program.
Bill
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "R. John Lye" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] the greatest GT6 of all time

>> Jason- Do you have pics of the GT6?  Also, around the Holidays in 
>> December
>> I
>> prepared car, and I have done many auto crosses in other cars as well as 
>> a
>> 3
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:04:59 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, Bill , thanks for the info.  I will look into what everyone has told me!
Thanks-- Jay

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:52:08 +0200

Some little race footage from Spa:

http://youtu.be/wWhX03q-u6o

Cheers
Chris

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:02:46 +0200

> Some little race footage from Spa:
Race 1:

Race 2:
http://youtu.be/SMyNiaaKJ_8