Subject: [Fot] Flight plans?

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 23:59:05 -0600

If one were to fly to Wisconsin for the event, what is the best 
destination airport?

mjb.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Benford Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:59:26 -0700 (PDT)

Chicago Ohare is a good choice also.  An easy drive up to RA.  Midway Chicago
works too.  Sometimes the airfare costs are lower for the Chicago airports and
justify the wee bit longer drive.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:08:13 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 06/28/2013 8:59:33 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Chicago O'Hare is a good choice also.  An easy drive up to RA.  Midway 
> Chicago

Mark...

IMHO (whatever that's worth), consider that Scott Barr is braver than I am 
(his lap times at Blackhawk and Road America suggest this), but know I would 
assign considerable worth to avoiding the complications of flying into and 
out of O'Hare and/or Midway.  There is no question that there may be airfare 
money to be saved by flying into O'Hare and, especially, Midway.  But there 
is a reason for this...inconvenience.  And on the week end...considerable 
inconvenience.   In 'good traffic' add an hour to the trip up to Road America 
from O'Hare, and at least an hour and a half from Midway, and all of this 
in 'Chicago related' traffic.  This might not be the end of the World if you 
are coming in on Thursday, but it will have consequences on Friday, and 
especially on Sunday.  Seems like half the population of Chicago tries to get 
out of town EVERY weekend, and a significant part of them want to come up into 
Wisconsin.  Who can blame them?  I sure would.  But this is no fun to deal 
with.  You can find yourself dealing with bumper to bumper, stop and go 
traffic on Interstate 94. as you try to leave or approach Chicago during these 
periods.  Now add the fact that you have a plane to catch.  Know also, that 
between the Illinois boarder and Milwaukee, there is considerable road 
construction on Interstate 94 in Wisconsin.

I can't argue against the fact that there are dollars to be saved by flying 
into O'Hare or Midway...but there are certainly other 'costs' to consider 
and especially the extra time you'll need to make departure times on Sunday.  
So beware.

Bill Dentinger

---

From: steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:32:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

MKE non-stop if possible.
A word of warning, don't speed in WI, there are tons of speed traps.

~Steve

-----Original Message-----
>From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Jun 27, 2013 10:59 PM
>To: Friends of Triumph <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [Fot] Flight plans?
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]