Subject: Re: [Fot] 13 inch DOT race tires?

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 22:09:22 +0000

Given those two choices, I would take the Toyos.  I like the RA1s better than
the R888s, though.

Scott B.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Robert MacKenzie
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] 13 inch DOT race tires?

Which do you prefer: Hoosier A70-13 Street TD or the Toyo R888 (185/60-13)
This is for an 1147 Spitfire running a 5-6 inch wheel.

.or none of the above?

Robert MacKenzie
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Edward Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 15:45:23 -0700

I currently have Hoosier Street TD on my 1147 Spitfire, and Toyo RA1's on my
GT6.  Both are race only cars...

Edward Dunn

West Coast Vintage Racing
2240 Encinitas Blvd., Suite D101
Encinitas CA 92024

760-492-3814
www.vintageracing.us

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Robert MacKenzie
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] 13 inch DOT race tires?

.or none of the above?

Robert MacKenzie

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Stephanie Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 08:55:42 -0600

We have two sets of rims: stock steel wheels with all-season radials for
driving around town, and a set of Panasports wearing Hoosier R6 slicks for
racing.

The size of the wheel openings, as well as clearance on the inner fenders
greatly limited our choice in slicks. As careful as we were in our selection,
I still managed to shave chunks off the front slicks on hard cornering until
we did some gentle fender rolling.

I've never used any other slick than Hoosier, since they were the only company
that offered a slick that fit the rims and the wheel openings. That said, they
seem to work very well. I'm on my 7th set.

~Stephanie Barnes

On 2013-06-04, at 3:41 PM, "Robert MacKenzie" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]