Subject: [Fot] Our weekend at the Track Formerly Known as Mosport

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:07:09 -0400

We had quite a gaggle of Triumphs running this past weekend at the Canadian 
Tire Motorsports Park, and everybody ran well and had enjoyed the weekend. 
The new owners of the track have made many improvements, including paving 
the runoff areas of turns 1, 2 and 5 all the way back to the tire walls. Big 
safety improvement.

This was my third weekend running my yellow car with the For Sale sign and 
an engine built with a stock bottom end. I checked my records, I ran less 
than 1.5 seconds off my best time with the full blown race engine, and I 
know there was more time there. On the Saturday race I was having some great 
fun with an MGB-GT and a Volvo but we got stuck behind a 911 that was 
dog-slow in the corners but really fast in a straight line. I was the first 
of the 3 of us to get by and make it stick, but with only 2 laps to go. 
Sunday morning everybody packed up because of the weather, but everybody had 
a great time.

I am enjoying the heck out of running this way, and am still amazed how 
little time is bought spending huge dolllars with the likes of  Moldex and 
Carillo! This is going to make a great starter car for somebody...

Also noteworthy was Michael Moore, our newest TR4 driver, ran Mosport as his 
second event ever. Just like at Summit Point, he did extremely well. Good 
show, Mike!

Henry
[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive