Subject: [Fot] A lap of PIR

From: Jim Norlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:43:41 -0700

A while back, I think I mentioned that I was writing articles for our 
local Triumph Club newsletter.  Last month, I wrote a brief history of 
Portland International Raceway.  This month, the column is a narrated 
description of a hot lap of the track in our Spitfire.  It includes a 
link to a short Youtube Video as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYlUFEwlsM

Disclaimer:The racing line that I describe may be different that the one 
you should use depending upon your car and the way it is prepared.For 
example, our Spitfire's suspension is much stiffer and lower than stock 
but even so we have a tendency to lift the inner /rear/ tire during hard 
cornering.To prevent that tire from spinning, we run a welded, solid 
differential, which makes the car tend to understeer unless driven very 
hard.An MG Midget or AH Sprite on the other hand, tends to lift the 
inner /front/ wheel during hard cornering.The racing line that we take 
through turns 4 to 7 compared with the Spridgets is significantly different.

Jim
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive