Subject: Re: [Fot] Early TR6 Trans into a 64 TR4

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:37:37 -0500

Glenn,
This is a very common swap and will actually be a better setup as the case
of the TR6 gearbox is stronger than a TR4 box.  You most likely will need
longer studs at the top of the engine because the gearbox flange is thicker.
The TR6 output flange you mention is actually a better option as it is
stronger than the TR4 flange and mates up to the driveshaft the same as the
earlier flange.

Steve Yott 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Glenn Franco
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 12:06 PM
To: Friends of triumph; [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Early TR6 Trans into a 64 TR4

Group
Will a 1970 TR6 4 speed trans swap into a 1964 TR4.
I'm in the process of adapting an A-type O/D to a Trans and have lots of
spare 4 speeds around and thought it would be easier to mate up the 2 (trans
and O/D) for a quick swap later.
The only big difference I have seen is the rear companion flange is
different than a TR6 but the O/D has a TR4 Flange.
Thanks in advance
Glenn
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive