Subject: Re: [Fot] trans fluif

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 22:46:14 +0000 (UTC)

My J type was shifting slow and sometimes not at all and it turned out to be a
sticky high pressure relief valve

was dragging in the bore. I swapped it out with a spare and has
workedB perfect with both 30 wt and 90 wt..

Jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: "Yellow04" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:20:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] trans fluif

Before I ponied up for the billet bottom end, I ran an OD in my race car. I
tried a couple varieties of GL4 and 5, but never overcame the problem of the
OD engaging sluggishly and then not at all on a hard, hot run. I believe I was
frothing the oil at big rpm. I was about to put Redline in and be done with
it, but I called Moldex instead.

It was suggested to me to run non-detergent 30 weight oil in a street OD box,
and it works great. When I rebuilt the race prepped OD box this Spring B to
sell in the old yellow car, I went to Napa and bought the same cheap oil that
has served me well on the street, and ran a weekend at VIR. Shifted perfectly,
and the OD worked perfectly.

I change it every race weekend because that gives me the ability to take a
close look at the oil, giving me a good read on the health of the box. Redline
oil is way too expensive for that!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive