Subject: [Fot] brakes & sway bars

From: Ted Schumacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:07:13 -0400

Thanks for the positive comments on our Kevlar shoes. For those 
unfamiliar with the prduct, we reline brake shoes with Kevlar. This is a 
drum "friendly" product, fairly high coefficiednt of friction (.45 - 
.47) and does not need to be warmed up. So, you have brakes the first 
time you hit the pedal and are consistent from then on . Since these are 
relined shoes, we can pretty well do anything. Shoes for our cars are 
$65/set of 4.  For race applications we bond and rivet.  Larger shoes, 
such as American cars, can be done but at a higher price.  Bad news is 
there is going to be a price increase to effective June 1.  If you order 
soon and specify FOT price, wqe will honor the $65.  Offer good through 
June 15.

Sway bars are used to "tune" a suspension.  If everything else is not 
done first, frame straight to springs to bushings, throwing a sway bar 
at the car does not fix anything, only acts as a bandage. Our website, 
www.tsimportedautomotive.com. has a section on waybar rates and handling 
"what if's". Click Product Information" and take a look.  Some of the 
rear bars use a really quesionalbe mounting method.  It involves 
drilling holes in lower frame rail and using a rectangular "U" bolt to 
retain the bar mount. A lot to ask from a frame that is 40+ years old. 
We redesigned a rear mount that does not require frame to be drilled and 
allows fore/aft movement to change bar rate. Yes, we do make bars.
Thanks for your time. Ted

-- 
Ted Schumacher
[email-masked]
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive