Subject: Re: [Fot] LeMans/Sebring Spitfires

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 21:06:00 -0500

Bill,

The best photos I can find to reference are on the Spitfire & GT6 Magazine
website at http://www.triumphspitfire.com/racers.html

Scroll down to the entry for "The real! ABU 4B factory LeMans" and one photo
shows the graphic you are specifically asking about.  The image isn't the
best, and the lettering is dark enough that I had not noticed it before.

I wonder if the folks at Jigsaw Racing in the UK might have some photos they
would share with you.  There web site has some good information -
http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/7bintro.htm

Best of luck with the effort!

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

------------------------Original Message-------------------------
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:48:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "William T newman " <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Lemans/Sebring Spitfires
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Amici:
I have recently purchased a replica of one of the 1964/65 Triumph Spitfire
Works effort cars that raced at Sebring and Lemans. The car was purchased
from Tim Slater in West Palm Beach, Florida. Tim has owned the car twice and
his godfather was Peter Bolton, one of the Works drivers during the era. I
will be racing SCCA Vintage using the #65, Bolton's number. I plan on
finding more history on the car and may need the help of the listers in the
future. Currently, I am in need of some pictutes of the original Works
Spitfires that show the graphics "Triumph Spitfire" on the front wings. I
need enough clarity in order to determine the proper font and scaling to get
this graphic reproduced locally for installation on my new purchase.
By the way, the car is BRG with a Rick Cline built 1300cc engine. The roof
is from a GT6 instead of the original fiberglass, but the quality of the
welding and restoration/reproduction is teriffic.
Any pictures you may have will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Newman #44 GT6 & 1965 Spitfire
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mike Jankowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 08:51:26 -0500

There is a decent pic in the small red hardcover book about Triumph
Spitfire and GT6 that is by Robson if I recall correctly.
Mike

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Joe Guinan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
> Amici:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]