Subject: [Fot] Zandvoort/NL - first race of season

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:35:28 +0200

I had some trouble on this first season.

- practice: not too good - P8
- race 1: Leaked water out
- pulled head and fitted gasket of the previous design
- race 2: recovered from P39 to P13 - could have been better but half the
racind distance the safety car was out while they removed oil from the track
- race 3: went out on old tires. Started to rain. Lost some positions. Then
track dried out and the hunt was on and I ended up on 4th overall.

Race 3 - first few minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffhIm_zTyWs

Maybe you asked where these telemetric datas are gone. I just forgot to
bring my CF-storage card for the video equipment.
So I had to use the camera out of my Hummer.

Cheers
Chris
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 07:01:55 -0700

Junk from crooks. 
On May 13, 2013, at 6:26 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Has anyone bought race engines from PAECO? Any comments about quality and  
> performance?
> 
> David Spiwak
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "R. John Lye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:01:48 -0400

That company does not have a very good reputation.  You might check
the "Monster List":

http://www.dimebank.com/monster/vendors.html

John

On Mon, May 13, 2013 9:26 am, [email-masked] wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:30:02 -0500

What Bill said.

art de armond

-----Original Message----- 
From: Bill Babcock
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] PAECO engines

Junk from crooks.
On May 13, 2013, at 6:26 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3162/6320 - Release Date: 05/13/13 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Bownes - Seiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:50:25 -0400

+1

On May 13, 2013, at 11:30, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What Bill said.
>
> art de armond
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Bill Babcock
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:10:33 -0700

Never bought anything from them but I have heard plenty of negative comments
about their quality and especially prices.

Joe C.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] PAECO engines

David Spiwak

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:34:34 +0000

in 1995 I needed a gasket.  I ordered one from paeco. It was not satisfactory.   Hence Gasket Works was born.  
M
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Bownes - Seiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:50:25 
To: <[email-masked]><[email-masked]>
Cc: Bill Babcock<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PAECO engines

+1

---

From: Yahoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:35:38 -0600

I just replaced one of their 6500 rpm cams and springs combos. Got to it
before it tore up the rest of the motor.

Ty

Sent from my iPhone

>> Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3162/6320 - Release Date: 05/13/13
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Alan ..." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

In the mid eighties , one of my employees was running an E-Prod MGB. He
ordered a 'competition' set of brake pads from PAECO at a cost of $40.00/set.
When the pads arrived they were the same stock CEW pads we kept in stock at
$8.00 a set. I got to witness my first 'conniption' . (sp?)
Alan T 
________________________________
 From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:26 AM
Subject: [Fot]
PAECO engines

Has anyone bought race engines from PAECO? Any comments about
quality and  
performance?

David Spiwak

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Rocky Entriken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:59:46 -0500

Yes, to my eternal dismay. Many years ago I *finally* saved up enough money 
to by a "Real Race Engine." and got it from PAECO -- knowing no better at 
the time. It was a boat anchor I had to live with for years as it was that 
long (a divorce intervening) before I could afford another.

* The engine was for a Mk. 1 Spitfire. The front plate was from a TR4, which 
bolts right on. Key difference: the Spitfire front plate has the motor 
mounts, the TR4's doesn't! Had to disassemble the whole front end and 
reassemble it just to be able to put it in the car!.
* I asked for a stock pan because I already had a baffled pan. Good thing. 
When I took the stock pan off it was full of what looked like layers of 
dried oil residue.
* #1 lifter had a burr in the lifter hole that kept it from going up and 
down. The burr was discovered the first time we tried to drive the car and 
it broke the camshaft almost immediately.
* When I sent it back for repair I specifically told them about the burr. 
When it was returned the burr was still there!
* It was promised in three months. It was delivered in 18 months. When I 
tried to cancel the order they wouldn't let me -- they already had my money 
and refused to give it back.
* They pledged to stand behind their product, so of course they repaired it 
for free on warranty -- but I had to pay the expensive two-way truck 
shipping.
* When they shipped it (at my expense) they rated the weight at 500 pounds, 
double what it really weighed. I had to sue the trucking company to get a 
refund of the shipping overpayment (I don't use that trucker any more 
either).
* "Competition valve springs" were of such poor quality most inner springs 
broke. One piece worked its way down to the oil pump and broke that.
* It was supposed to be a "full race" 13:1 engine. When I had a trusted 
friend rebuild it some years later I asked him to measure the compression 
ratio -- it came out 10.67:1.

What thy lack in ethics they more than compensate for with incompetence. 
Cannot believe they're still in business! In nearly 45 years in this sport, 
I have never dealt with any other business that even comes remotely close to 
this one in its disdain for its customers or its own product.

--Rocky Entriken

---

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:26:11 -0600

On 5/13/2013 4:59 PM, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> Yes, to my eternal dismay. Many years ago I *finally* saved up enough 
> money to by a "Real Race Engine." and got it from PAECO -- knowing no 
> better at the time. It was a boat anchor I had to live with for years 
> as it was that long (a divorce intervening) before I could afford 
> another.
>

This is the kind of guy that builds his shop in steel, knowing that one 
day, someone's going to try to burn it down. Thank goodness when I was 
young and stupid, I had no money at all.  Otherwise, I, too, might have 
made the same mistake.  Somewhere, I still have one of his catalogs from 
the mid-`70s or so.

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]