Subject: [Fot] Clutch Hydraulics Revisited

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I scanned the FOT archives quickly and maybe I missed seeing anything 
definitive on the subject. My "issue" is that since I switched from the 
stock TR6 clutch M/C to a Tilton unit, I've been having problems with 
clutch disk / flywheel glazing (and subsequent slippage). Now, the problem 
could be that I'm leaving my clutch foot resting on the clutch pedal, but 
I installed a dead pedal a while back - perhaps before the latest clutch 
installation - and in my videos, you can def hear what is either wheel 
spin or clutch slippage when I floor it.

The Tilton clutch M/C that was installed has AN3 fittings and the stock 
setup is AN4. Is there any chance that the smaller hose / pipe can 
restrict the hydraulic motion in a way that can effect rapid clutch 
release?

I'm next to positive that there's nothing stupid going on here, like a 
residual pressure valve or something like that. I'm 99% sure I can push 
the slave's pushrod and cause fluid to back-flow into the M/C reservior.

This is really annoying because the original clutch setup (a 69 M/C with a 
used B&B PP and all "stock" stuff) lasted for 6 or 7 seasons and the new 
setup(s) only seem to last 1/2 season or so. That's like 50 autocross 
launches, max.

BTW, the dead pedal is so awesome that I forget to push the clutch in when 
I start spinning. This has led to some pretty impressive 180's!!! Gotta 
work on that aspect of my driving, I guess.

Regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 03:17:13 GMT

Bob, how are you getting the car on the trailer?  If you are driving it on,
you may be wearing out the clutch?  Doing anything different with going on the
trailer now compared to before?

Do you have an AN hose all the way from the MC to the slave cylinder?   May be
worth changing it, in case it has a kink or debris restricting it?  Joe(B)

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Clutch Hydraulics Revisited
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Regards,
rml

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

____________________________________________________________
Transformation of America?
Stocks soar--but some wealthy citizens are preparing for huge changes
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/51a2d06d58ee506c41bdst02duc
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Mehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 04:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

What size hose?  A size 3 or size 4?   

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]