Subject: Re: [Fot] Stalling left turns

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 12:09:31 -0700

Sounds like a fuel tank issue.  If you have the fuel pickup in the side of
the tank rather than the bottom or rear, it could indeed be starving for
fuel when the direction of the turn is throwing the fuel away from the
outlet.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Shawn Frank
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:02 PM
To: Friends of Triumph
Subject: [Fot] Stalling left turns

I have yet to get out to an autocross event here in Iowa, due to snow and
schedules, but have been able to get my 71 Spitfire out on the street. For
the
first drive of the season, I thought I would drive it like I stole it for a
few minutes. While tearing the side tread off my cheap shop roller tires, I
took a left turn and the whole thing stalled out, regaining idle once the
back
end stopped turning. It did this a few times at the end of the season last
year, so the seasonal rest is not the culprit. I have tried to replicate it
with abrupt right turns, but it does just fine. It does it about every time
turning left. It seems to do it once it is warmed up. It is still carb,
points, mechanical fuel pump, everything stock but rebuilt. Any ideas on
what
may be the problem? I can go around corners at normal speed and there is no
indications of a sputter or stall. Her name is Gertrude, and she runs smooth
and true until she wants to get tail happy turning
 left, but like I said regains power once settled down. Help if possible!
Thank you in advance!!!
 
Shawn Frank
Continued Legacy
Drive Away Cancer Iowa
515-339-4228
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:23:04 -0400

Also, if you are running Strombergs you might want to check your float
mechanisms to make sure full motion is in place to completely fill the bowls.

Thanks,

Chuck Watson

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 12:09:31 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Stalling left turns
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]