Subject: [Fot] Dick Trickle

From: Mike Mehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/dick-trickle-former-nas
car-driver-dead-self-inflicted-202844077.html
 
I am sure some of you have
seen this.  It is very sad.  Dick was a great guy and an incredible driver. 
The oldest NASCAR Cup rookie in history.  I met Dick at the Daytona 500 back
when low budget teams raced their way into the 500.  He was all about fans. 
He would race at New Smyrna speedway in his own stockcar each night during
speedweeks and then hustle a ride at the 500.  I spent a very entertaining
evening with him at New Smyrna getting his take on life and racing.  He said
if you had to run a 500 lap race you need 5 hours sleep, 400, 4 hours and if
you had to run a 100 lap race you didn't need to sleep at all. You could party
all night with the fans.  Gotta love the smoking during a yellow flag video in
the link.
 
Mike Mehl #46 TR4
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff Senty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 23:55:52 -0400 (EDT)

Years ago, after he finished a race near Madison, a friend and I had 
the pleasure of tipping a few cold ones with Dick. He was a lot of fun. 
Loved talking to his fans.
Jeff Senty

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Mike Mehl wrote:

> seen this.  It is very sad.  Dick was a great guy and an incredible 
> driver. The oldest NASCAR Cup rookie in history.  I met Dick at the 
> Daytona 500 back
> when low budget teams raced their way into the 500.  He was all about 
> fans. He would race at New Smyrna speedway in his own stockcar each 
> night during
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]