Subject: Re: [Fot] INITIAL PRODUCT OFFERING. REAR MOUNT TR3/TR4

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:55:22 +1000

Joe

i get involved with urethane & hard rubber mounts on a  daily basis.
my impression of urethane mounts is they are fine in race cars and
crappy elsewhere as they just don't have the resilience of rubber, so
they transmit a lot of vibrations that rubber mounts absorb. we have
experimented here with all sorts and grades of both rubber and
urethane.

we have removed really hard urethane mounts from modern race/rally
cars as they been a major factor in fatigue cracking the steel
bodywork where the mounting plate affixes. notable examples are Toyota
GT4 and Mitsu Evo lancer, where we have changed to custom rubber
mounts (harder duro, different voiding compared with factory) and
totally solved the mount problems

whilst i understand the TR is a lot sturdier than these 2 examples,
and the same is unlikely to occur, can you please comment on the
vibration aspects in respect to what you have planned for the TR rear
mount.

thanks

Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive