Subject: [Fot] Spitfire rear suspension

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 15:11:30 +0000

So, one of the features of Gingerman, as revised, is a long, long left-hand
sweeper, which invites the driver to slide the car through as fast has he/she
feels is appropriate.  It's  a little like Road America's carousel, I'd say,
but downhill and off-camber in places, lumpier, and not quite so uniform
somehow.

Anyway, I noticed the Spit rear suspension "bucking" a little as I ran through
there.  That's the best way I can describe it.  I'd be sliding the car through
there and the rear would catch and hop just a little.  Spooky feeling.  I
would prefer it didn't do this at that sort of speed.

Any good ideas of where to start with this?  Is it likely the tire is rolling
over too much?  Dreaded swing-axle tuck?  I thought about mounting my GoPro
under there to see what can be seen, ala Chris Marx.

Scott B.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 17:06:39 +0000 (UTC)

Scott,

Downhill, off camber and lumpy suggest the rear end is unloading periodically
over the lumpy bits.

Assuming your tire pressures and spring rates are already dialedB  IB  wouldB 
tighten up the rebound

dampening on the rear shocks but I don't know if you have that adjustment on
yours.

If you can't adjust just the rebound then just a stiffer overall setting may
settle it down.

Tightening up the rear sway bar a smidge may help too.

Downhill & off camber you also may need to look at the front end to make sure
some excessive dive

or roll isn't upsetting a normally well behaving rear e nd.

jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: "Scott Barr" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 9:11:30 AM
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire rear suspension

So, one of the features of Gingerman, as revised, is a long, long left-hand
sweeper, which invites the driver to slide the car through as fast has he/she
feels is appropriate. B It's B a little like Road America's carousel, I'd say,
but downhill and off-camber in places, lumpier, and not quite so uniform
somehow.

Anyway, I noticed the Spit rear suspension "bucking" a little as I ran through
there. B That's the best way I can describe it. B I'd be sliding the car
through
there and the rear would catch and hop just a little. B Spooky feeling. B I
would prefer it didn't do this at that sort of speed.

Any good ideas of where to start with this? B Is it likely the tire is rolling
over too much? B Dreaded swing-axle tuck? B I thought about mounting my GoPro
under there to see what can be seen, ala Chris Marx.

Scott B.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]