Subject: Re: [Fot] re TOYO Proxes 888

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:21:59 -0400

Nope, my tires are not getting to 194 degrees F/90 C.  More like 155 on a hot
day.

On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Enquiries Road & Track wrote:

we see these tyres on lots of race cars we prepare/service/repair. in
general terms, we find them better on heavier cars than lighter ones

on our Triumph 2500 race car, we typically run them at 28psi cold, getting
to 33-36 hot. of course this changes a little with track temperatures and
layout, but its a good starting point.

Toyo indicate the optimum tread temp of around 90C and max hot pressure
around 42psi.

On production cars with primitive suspensions  like TR's we struggle to get
them this hot , even if we increase the cold pressures

if anyone else is using them in races, would be keen to get your
temperature data

Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Peter Vucinic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:24:03 +1000

Terry,
The PROXES I started this thread with, were fitted to TR7 V8 Race car,
fairly heavy spring rates. We found that we would get 10+ PSI change in 5
Laps (13.5 miles total) on a 25c (77F) day.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Enquiries Road & Track
Sent: Thursday, 25 April 2013 11:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] re TOYO Proxes 888

if anyone else is using them in races, would be keen to get your temperature
data

Terry

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]