Subject: [Fot] re; wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 09:07:51 +1000

thanks for all the replies guys. my car is a TR5 (same as 250) and when i
wrote the message I said TR5 or TR6, forgetting about the different width
of TR6 wings/fenders (whatever you call them)

So, back to basics,,,, who can comment on TR4 or 250 wheel tyre sizes

Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "J.C. Hassall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:27:49 -0400

> So, back to basics,,,, who can comment on TR4 or 250 wheel tyre sizes
Terry, I just now dropped a plumb line from the outer lip of the fender, 
then measured from the hub surface: it measures 3 1/2 inches.  With that 
dimension you can calculate, for a given wheel offset and tire (tyre) 
width/aspect ratio, where the sidewall will be.

Now, if only I'd done this a month ago, I wouldn't be in my current 
predicament.  :-(

jim

-- 
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA
'63 TR4 in autox preparation
99% finished, 90% to go
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]