Subject: Re: [Fot] Exhaust Headers

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:51:55 -0400

The Stahl header was perfect.  3 pictures attached.  I had them send the
engine plate to me first so we could fit it to the modified head.  Had them
use 16 gage 1-5/8" tubing instead of 18 gage.  It is 4 into 1.  The fit of
the primary tubes to the rectangle exhaust outlets was perfect as if they
had been forged to shape.  The primary tubes, as best I could measure, were
exactly the same length.  I had the collector welded and they used an
additional strap around the primary tubes at the point they fit into the
collector.  I then had Airborne ceramic coat it to reduce the radiated heat,
they say, by 35%.  The collector was close to touching the frame at one
point and Allen made a little more clearance by modifying the frame at that
point, but other than that no fitting problems.  (Note my old header had the
same frame clearance problem)
 
Bud's old header is 4 into 1 & has rust etc. but is sound and useable.  I
have no idea who made it, perhaps Bud could tell us.     Cheers!

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.

  _____  

From: davehogye [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:01 AM
To: john hasty
Subject: Re: [Fot] Exhaust Headers

Hi John, 
How did the Stahl header work out?  How did it fit?  Any frame clearance
issues?  What is the old header like?  Do you know who made it?  Is it a
4-1, or 4-2-1?

Dave H.

  _____  

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:33:33 AM
Subject: [Fot] Exhaust Headers

Amici:  When my headers exploded at Road Atlanta, Bud kindly sent me an old
set in case I was unable to get the New Stahl headers fit for VIR.  I was
able to get the new set on a day before we left; so, the used set is now
available to anyone who finds themselves in a similar fix.  Just let me know
and they will be on their way to you for the cost of shipping.....

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of photo headers 2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of photo headers 3.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of photo headers.JPG]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:50:44 -0500

The car came to me with a UK sourced header. That's all I know about it.

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:51 AM, "john hasty" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]