Subject: [Fot] Pittsburgh GP Vintage Race in July - MG vs Triumph

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:38:27 -0400

poking around the PVGP site, I ran across a notice from the Roadster Factory
that they are sponsoring an MG vs Triumph race on Saturday.  The notice said
20 laps, which would be a long race for Schenley Park.
http://www.pvgp.org/british-heritage-race-at-schenley-park-mg-vs-triumph-spon
sored-by-the-roadster-factory/

On Apr 23, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Mark Palmer wrote:

Scott,

Check the PVGP web site but I don't know if you can get into the paddock on
Thursday -- it may be still open to public traffic.  But it does get crowded
by mid-day Friday, the earlier you can get there the better.  Last year I
arrived around 2:00 PM and there were a few decent spots left, but going fast.
Noon would probably be better.  (timing inversely proportional to the size of
your rig)

Mark Palmer

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:32:20 -0400
Subject: [VRG NewsGroup] Schenley schedule

I'm planning on doing this one this year - do you need to arrive thurs night
or is friday midday good enough to get situated in the paddock?

On Apr 23, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Mark Palmer wrote:

Jim -- and others looking for lodging,

The former Holiday Inn University Center (100 Lytton Ave) is now a Wyndham,
they just converted in March I believe.  Rate is $189/night, not exactly
cheap, but it is relatively convenient and they claim they have just renovated
everything.  As I recall, they charged extra for parking last year (Holiday)
but you can park on the street for free.  No room for rigs whatsoever.  Janet
likes this place since it is close to some shops and restaurants, the
university, and close enough for her to walk to the race if she decides not to
ride over with me every morning -- she likes the flexibility.

Ian had some good alternatives but I think they are in the same price range.

To get something less expensive, you may need to head out towards Monroeville
near the turnpike, I think there is Red Roof and other chains out there around
$100 - 120/night.  Monroeville is about 10 miles from Schenley but probably
takes about half an hour each way.

Remember if you use one of the official PVGP hotels, they make a donation to
the charities which is a nice plus.

Or -- I'll rent you my trailer for $50/night, sleeps 17-1/2 people based on
the GWVR (no potty though).

Mark Palmer

> --- In [email-masked], "jim_arnett" <jim_arnett@...> wrote:
> >
> > Last year our regular hotel doubled their rates for the PVGP Schenley
weekend.  They have done it again this year, so we are looking elsewhere. We
don't need 'ambiance'. There will be four or five of us guys, just happy to be
there and to be together.
> > Cheap is good. The whole 'pit crew' is either retired or unemployed.  Not
too far from Schenley is good too.
> > Any recommdations?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post                       	 Reply to sender
Reply to group                        	Start a New Topic           	Messages
in this topic (7)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group
MARKETPLACE

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest  Unsubscribe  Terms of Use  Send us
Feedback
.

__,_._,___
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:53:14 -0400

I'll be there too. I was told by one of the organizers if you have a big rig
you should get there before 5 on Thursday. We are staying at a hotel on Forbes
can't remember the name.

Sent from my iPhone

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:40:25 -0400

PS: Hotel is Hilton Garden Inn

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of John Hasty
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:53 PM
To: Scott Janzen
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pittsburgh GP Vintage Race in July - MG vs Triumph

I'll be there too. I was told by one of the organizers if you have a big rig
you should get there before 5 on Thursday. We are staying at a hotel on
Forbes can't remember the name.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2013, at 4:38 PM, Scott Janzen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> that they are sponsoring an MG vs Triumph race on Saturday.  The
> notice
said
> 20 laps, which would be a long race for Schenley Park.
http://www.pvgp.org/british-heritage-race-at-schenley-park-mg-vs-triumph-spo
n
> Check the PVGP web site but I don't know if you can get into the
> paddock on Thursday -- it may be still open to public traffic.  But it
> does get
crowded
> by mid-day Friday, the earlier you can get there the better.  Last
> year I arrived around 2:00 PM and there were a few decent spots left,
> but going
fast.
> Noon would probably be better.  (timing inversely proportional to the
> size
of
> The former Holiday Inn University Center (100 Lytton Ave) is now a
> Wyndham, they just converted in March I believe.  Rate is $189/night,
> not exactly cheap, but it is relatively convenient and they claim they
> have just
renovated
> university, and close enough for her to walk to the race if she
> decides not
to
> near the turnpike, I think there is Red Roof and other chains out
> there
around
> $100 - 120/night.  Monroeville is about 10 miles from Schenley but
> probably takes about half an hour each way.
>
> Remember if you use one of the official PVGP hotels, they make a
> donation
to
> Or -- I'll rent you my trailer for $50/night, sleeps 17-1/2 people
> based on the GWVR (no potty though).
>
> Mark Palmer
>
>
> don't need 'ambiance'. There will be four or five of us guys, just
> happy to
be
> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest  Unsubscribe  Terms of Use  Send
> us Feedback .
>
> __,_._,___