Subject: Re: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:20:34 -0400

The old yellow car got dragged down to VIR last weekend with a significantly 
less potent engine, and the results were pretty cool. My lap times were only 
3 seconds off where I would have been with the 7000+ rpm cam, Moldex crank, 
Carrillo rods, pop up pistons, Abacus head, etc. VIR has two long straights, 
and I was thinking the car would lay down on me there, but that was not the 
case. I shifted at 5500, used overdrive only in 4th, and was pleased that 
the car still pulled well in OD.

That's an expensive 3 seconds...

I updated the website with more info and pictures, and I am getting busy 
with marketing the car.

BTW, I got inundated with the question what am I building. Don't worry, I 
will not get tossed out of the Triumph Ghetto!

Henry
[email-masked]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

> Sorry for the commercial blast gang, but I'm getting serious about my new 
> race car project, so it's time to put my TR4 race car on the market.
>
> Details at www.tr4racer.com 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:40:09 -0400

Henry......and what a great time was had by you, me and Tony!!!! 

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

Henry
[email-masked]

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:29:26 -0500

Agreed!  Best racing I've had in a while.  My old Speedsters took 
just enough lap time off to compensate for Henry's detuned engine.

Tony Drews

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:42:32 -0400

No doubt, the two feature races we had were outstanding! Almost could have 
thrown a blanket around the three of us at any time Sunday afternoon!

Kudos to John Hasty, while he might be advancing in age, nothing is stopping 
him from getting his TR3 figured out. Excellent drive, John, hoping for a 
repeat at Summit Point next month!

Henry
[email-masked]
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tony Drews" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

> Agreed!  Best racing I've had in a while.  My old Speedsters took just 
> enough lap time off to compensate for Henry's detuned engine.
>
> Tony Drews
>

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:11:23 -0500

Meanwhile, back at the ranch a bunch if us are scratching our heads trying to
figure out how to get to 170hp :)

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:42 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:31:20 -0400

Moldex, Carillo's, Gillaners #24 cam, custom pop up pistons, Abacus head and 
some dyno time got me 145 at the rear wheels. I extrapolated the 170...

 ;-)

Like I said, that was a lot of cash for 3 seconds!

Henry
[email-masked]
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob Kramer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

Meanwhile, back at the ranch a bunch if us are scratching our heads trying 
to figure out how to get to 170hp :) 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:31:51 -0400

Well, what's worse is the rumor Henry is getting a Citroen 2CV prepped as
his next racer. Well we all know how accurate rumors are. Probably started
by a jealous MG jockey!  ;-)
russ

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob Kramer
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:11 PM
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Selling my TR4 Vintage Race Car

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:42 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> No doubt, the two feature races we had were outstanding! Almost could 
> have thrown a blanket around the three of us at any time Sunday afternoon!
>
> Kudos to John Hasty, while he might be advancing in age, nothing is 
> stopping him from getting his TR3 figured out. Excellent drive, John, 
> hoping for a repeat at Summit Point next month!
>
> Henry
> [email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:50:03 -0400 <[email-masked]>

The last increments of performance are always the most costly.

It was ever thus.

Terry Stetler

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:01:19 -0500

......when we are not wondering just what yellow demon Henry is concocting in
his man cave.

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

> Meanwhile, back at the ranch a bunch if us are scratching our heads trying
to
>> Kudos to John Hasty, while he might be advancing in age, nothing is
stopping

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 08:42:39 -0400

Truer words were never spoken... Does make me wonder how I got here,
though...

Wait, oh, yeah... I remember now!

Henry
[email-masked]
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Terry Stetler

  It was ever thus.

  Terry Stetler