Subject: [Fot] bad news and good news

From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:07:25 -0500

The bad news is that I lost lots and lots of really cool stuff due to
flooding at both basements (my home and antique store). The past week and a
half was long sad 18 hour days of hauling ruined stuff to the dumpster. I
accepted the loss pretty calming (to my wife's surprise, as I usually deal
with things like this will lots of yelling and swearing and screaming and
crying)
In a rare moment of maturity, somehow I accepted the defeat graciously...
put my head down, tried to keep a smile on my face and  trudged through the
long messy clean up.

The good news is that I hauled my last garbage bag and poured my last
bottle of bleach in time to get down to some serious RACING. This
weekend held my annual season kick off race weekend. The Saint Joseph's
College "Little 500" 3 hour endurance go kart race for students/ faculty
and Alumni.
I took second in the alumni race.
And in a big moment of glory for Friendly Ghost Racing... our Student drove
a flawless race to bring the FGR team an awesome victory. After over 100
miles of racing on the bumpy campus street course, any one of the top 5
drivers was in a position to win. Under strong attack we stayed smart under
pressure and won all the marbles. After doing this for 23 years in a row
now, and getting the kid's kart prepped to perfection in spite of my awful
prior week... this victory is one of our sweetest to date!

Funny how a few moments of glory at the track can wash away the losses of a
"100 year rain".
Goddamn, I must proclaim....racing is really good for the soul!

I'm back at my "paddock master" desk now.
New Kastner Cup Paddock information shortly forthcoming.
Thanks!
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive