Subject: [Fot] wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:55:27 +1000

i would like some comments on suitable wheel tyre sizes for a road driven
TR with near stock ride height.
.
As best i can tell from some google searches, a common "modern" fitment
seems to be 16 x7" rim with zero offset and about 205/55/16 tyre

can anyone with wheels/tyres close to this please comment. i particularly
want to know if they protrude past the fender at all.. Our
regs prohibit any wheel tyre combo that protrudes past the factory body
work when viewed from above.

every rim i can find above 6.5", hits on the balljoint and i would prefer
not to use spacers. I have yet to find a 16 x 6.5"ally wheel that looks
appropriate " for the TR

thanks
Terry
Australia
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:52:36 +0000 (UTC)

Jim,

The Superlites are no longer available in the US. Pack Racing used to sell
them but the factory

dropped the US market or so I'm told. I couldn't get the factory to return any
email either.

I have six of them now and tried to buy four more for rains & spares.

I have a set of matching VTO's on the way now. I can't reall y speak to your
clearance issues. I use 6x15's

with hoosier R6's & Toyo RA-1's in the 50 series. I have lowered springs and I
can tell you I

couldn't go any larger than 6" wide without either getting into the shock
tower or the fender lip.

Brad Burry at RaceKraft I think just found out his 15x7's on his TR6 won't
work without flairing the fe nders.

He's got it on the chassis jig now.

Maybe rolling the fender lip will do it for you but you'll be in danger
proximity to the shock tower in the front B without spacers

and then there's that fender again.

jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: "J.C. Hassall" <[email-masked]>
To: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:33:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6

On 4/10/2013 10:55 PM, Enquiries Road & Track wrote:
> B  B 
Terry, if you have comparative measurements between the TR4 fenders
("wings") and the TR6, this info should help. B I have 16x7 VTO wheels
with +12mm offset, 205/60/16 tires on my TR4 and I can tell you that my
tires projected outside the fender lip by 1 1/4". B At the time of those
measurements I had 0 camber. B I've since gone to negative camber and
will put 195s on the car but haven't gotten there yet so can't report
results. B BTW, +12mm offset is *wrong* for the TRs. B Well, unless you
don't want to go to full lock. B I'd guess that 0 offset would probably work.

Are the Superlite folks still in business? B They're from your neck of
the woods, and I should have kept my 15x6 Superlites instead of going
this route. B Oh well, live and .... live.

jim

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA
'63 TR4 in autox preparation
99% finished, 90% to go
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]