Subject: [Fot] Seeking Triumph race car photos, new and old

From: Cregg Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:19:18 -0700

Fellow Triumph Enthusiasts,

In addition to all the other fun I'm having, I am co-chair of the 
combined 2013 Triumphest and VTR National Convention
in October 2013 (see http://www.triumphtravelers.org/).  The event is 
located near Sears Point raceway, just north of San Francisco.

Our event theme is "Triumph Racing" and we need racing photos for 
display (both new photos and vintage ones).
If you have photos showing Triumph race cars and would be willing to let 
us display them during the convention we would
be most appreciative, and would be happy to acknowledge your contribution.
We especially need photos with enough resolution to enlarge to 11x17 or 
larger formats.

Thanks!

Cregg Cowan
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:25:55 -0400

Speaking of Triumph pictures and websites, is there any preference for one photo sharing site over another? I have many old photos that I am scanning, as well as video clips that I would like to put on a sharing site for others to see.

Thanks,

Doug
--
Doug Mitchell
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:55:04 -0500 (CDT)

---

From: Cregg Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 22:13:54 -0700

Thanks everyone for the enthusiastic response --- I'm thrilled and a 
little bit overwhelmed.  It will take a few days to digest all of the 
responses, but I will get back to each of you as soon as I can.

Certainly digital scans are the easiest to handle, but I'm not opposed 
to the idea of borrowing prints, making copies and sending back the 
originals.

What a group!

Best Regards,
Cregg

[email-masked] wrote:
> wher do we send them, and can they be scans or computer photos or do 
> they have to be actual glossys?
>  
> In a message dated 4/4/2013 4:41:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:41:30 -0700

> Speaking of Triumph pictures and websites, is there any 
> preference for one photo sharing site over another?

I like Photobucket, it works better for me than the others I have tried.
They make it really easy to link to a single photograph, or an entire album.
Uploading is painless.  Although there is a size limit unless you pay for
the full service, the uploading process will automatically resize for you
rather than just refuse to work.  And they don't seem to mind that I have
most of the ads blocked.

One downside is that reorganizing your albums will break the link to
anything you move; and there isn't any way (that I've found) to replace a
photo without breaking the link.  Also it can be a pain to get a short link
to just the image instead of the entire web page (although maybe that's part
of a paid subscription).

http://www.photobucket.com/

-- Randall