Subject: Re: [Fot] [TR] FW: Windshield from Moss - Follow up

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 15:12:55 -0700

It could be that it was not cut wrong but was mislabeled.  There are two
different Spitfire windshields (up to 1970 and post 1970).  Since the
earlier ones also fit the other cars mentioned (including yours), that other
one may be a later Spit windshield that has been mislabeled or placed in the
wrong warehouse location.  Since Moss doesn't intentionally carry any
pre-1970 Spitfire parts, that may indeed be the issue.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dennis Culligan
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:39 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] FW: Windshield from Moss - Follow up

I wrote:

  > I bought a windshield from Moss Motors back in January 2013.  It's for
my TR6 

>but it says it also fits TR4, Spits, GT6s, etc.  Well, it doesn't fit a
TR6.  The glass was 

>cut unevenly and the passenger side is too tall. Moss is sending a
replacement & 

>it is hoped that it will fit.  Just a word of caution.

The new windshield arrived and it fits just fine.  No idea how the 

other one got cut wrong. 

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

PS. Someone asked if it's a Triplex - no, it's not. 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive