Subject: Re: [Fot] PVGP

From: "Mike Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:48:15 -0400

https://pvgpa.ejoinme.org/MyPages/RacerRegistration/tabid/267555/Default.asp
x

Thanks
Mike

Michael T. Moore, CPA
2007 West 32nd Street
Erie, PA 16508

Phone: 814-868-4831  ext 103
Fax:        814-864-7383

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of john hasty
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:15 AM
To: 'FOT'
Subject: [Fot] PVGP

Amici:  I plan on making the Schenley Park race in July, but am having
trouble obtaining any information from their web site or from those listed
on the site as to things such as:  Who do you make the entry fee check to?
Where is the HQ or registration tent or building ?  Where is the paddock
located?   Do they accept annual tech inspections from council member
organizations?  How many vehicle passes?  How many crew included in entry?
Will race gas be available? 
	I have a good video from  Bob Colaizzi's 7 that shows the track
layout and racing line really good, and Map Quest shows me how to get to
Pittsburg, the hotel and where the park is, but the rest of it remains a
mystery.. 

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:03:31 -0400

John, check the VRG website; they have on-line registration. Vintage Racer 
Group, good bunch.
Look under events.
Bill
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
To: "'FOT'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:15 AM
Subject: [Fot] PVGP

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:31:08 -0400

John, go to VRG home, click on events, go down to the PVGP races at PIRC, 
then to Entry Form.
Then go back to Detailed Event Info, it will bring up a PVGP site. Hit 
"Drivers" and it will bring up all kinds of info.
Pit/paddock are on Hobart St and Prospect Dr. Very rustic, old days style. 
Park like setting.
There's a motorcycle club that watches over everything overnight, so no 
worries about security.
You have to keep in mind the race is in urban Pittsburgh, near Pitt, and 
getting around towing a trailer can be a bit trying, but not impossible.
The traffic grid: I'll relay what a H-P rep from the "Burgh" told me years 
ago; they got a river on one side and a mountain on the other, they do the 
best they can!
Good luck. Keith and Ralph, VRG guys, are very helpful.
Bill

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 06:36:08 -1000

I did the race in Payote during the All Aluminum Tour. I doubt much has
changed, but my memory sucks. There's not much need for crew credentials, the
whole event is free to the public. There was a nice reception at the arboretum
that you'll want tickets for though. As I recall it was driver and one guest
for most of the race-related events.

The paddock is along a road in Schenly Park. The name escapes me, but it's an
infamous gay cruising area. Space is limited, get there early. I set Nero up
in a great spot. Tech is in the paddock, they do a fine job with all the
organizational stuff. One vehicle pass, there was no race gas available--I
brought my own. There was a race the weekend prior at BeaverRun, a very fun
little track. Good event, I topped off my gas jugs there and had plenty for
the PVGP. You don't get that much track time, so you won't use too much. Great
event, and lots of fun stuff going on the week before in the area close to the
park. We had a wondferful time.

Take it easy during the race, the track is pretty dangerous. I didn't take
that advice (given by Burt Levy) and didn't have a problem, but everything you
could hit is pretty hard, even if it has a hay bale in front of it.

On Apr 2, 2013, at 5:15 AM, john hasty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]