Subject: [Fot] ELECTRIC CARS > ELECTRIC AIRCRAFT

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 19:54:12 -0400 (EDT)

Another dimension of electric travel......While we are at it.

Last year, I stopped to see legendary sailplane designer, George Applebay,
just outside Albuquerque, NM.  In his mid-80s, he is adapting electric power
assist to one of his sailplane designs.

Shortly, there will a conference in Santa Rosa, California on electric powered
flight.

A European aircraft manufacturer just completed the first of two 30 minute
flights.

Good to see this stuff going on, regardless of the outcomes. You never know
where it might lead.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive