Subject: [Fot] crank float

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:52:39 -0400

Hi Gang, I'm putting my TR6 engine together and had a question about the
crankshaft thrust bearings.
I know Cas had an article in one of his books about using a Toyota setup. I
was talking to Dave at TRF and he mentioned pinning the thrust brearings.
Anybody done this?
I was thinking about setting my block in my drill press (it's a Powermatic 20
inch and will handle it) and drilling two holes in the back of the block,
where the thrust washers (bearings) are fitted. Then install two 3/32 roll
pins to retain the bearings.
The drill press would keep things level and straight. I already drilled two
holes in an old thrust bearing and plan to use it as a template.
I've never had any problems but hear about the thrust bearings falling out. It
seems that if the clearances are right, this wouldn't happen.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Bill
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive