Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber carb question

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:21:33 -0400

Pete Vandervate says he's seen 9's
But not 8's
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:54 PM, Bob Davis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with a 45dcoe8....if there is such a carb?
>
> thxx,
> Bob
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Solow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:51:41 -0700

42 dcoe 8 carbs were fitted to Maserati 3500 cars.
                                                                             
                Greg Solow
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Hasty" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bob Davis" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber carb question

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:58:51 -0400 (EDT)

I have a 13 on my Spit

Bob T

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Davis <[email-masked]>
Cc: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Apr 12, 2013 5:23 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber carb question

ut not 8's
ent from my iPhone

 thxx,
 Bob

 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
 Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
 Unsubscribe/Manage:
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:04:39 -1000

45DCOE9's are common as bellybuttons. 45 is the throat size (45 MM) DC means
dopio corpo or dual throat, O means horizontal (orizzontale) E means die cast,
and 9 is the variation number of the DCOE format. So that means if there is a
9 there's an 8, as well as 1 through 7, though how many of those survive is
hard to say. Once they got to DCOE9 the variation number never changed as far
as I know, though according to my weber book and Wikipedia there are at least
ten variations of the DCOE9 carb.

So yeah, there are eights, but they're just an earlier variant. My Maserati
Mistral has 45DCOE9's fitted in place of the troublesome Lucas fuel injection.
A common mod for Mistrals which made them slightly MORE reliable than a
rabbit's romance instead of slightly LESS.

As an aside, one really confusing thing about Webers is the emulsion tube
numbers. The reason no one is successful in getting emulsion tubes just right
is that they are not numbered according to flow rate (as  main, air
correction, and idle jets are) but by their chronological order of
manufacture. The number has NO meaning other than that.

On Apr 12, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Bob Davis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:21:43 -1000

One last thing, the modern variation numbers for Weber DCOE carbs start with
15, so if you buy a new 40 mm carb from Weber it's a 40DCOE152 or 153 which
looks to be identical in almost every way except float design to a DCOE9. In
other words, no one at Weber is doing development work on carbs--surprise,
surprise.

>> Is anyone familiar with a 45dcoe8....if there is such a carb?
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:36:31 +0200

Hi,

I can't tell you anything about your number but the numbers on the old carbs
did tell about the jetting.
Sometimes the progression holes are slightly different.

Normally you can make all types of DCOE carbs work on your car.

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von Bob Davis
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. April 2013 22:54
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [Fot] Weber carb question

thxx,
Bob

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: TR4 Tony <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:51:20 +0100

As car as I recall the DCOE08 was designated and jetted etc as an original
fitment on the mk1 lotus cortina, so I suspect most of the early 1600 twin cam
engines.

Sent from my iPhone

> Is anyone familiar with a 45dcoe8....if there is such a carb?
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]