Subject: [Fot] Praise for Hoosier Racing Tire

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:09:03 -0600 s=q20121106; t=1364486944; bh=vmBRB1oiAkQQTX+fE1Nf7NxXYpPl1bKP+WteX841R5M=; h=Received:Received:Message-Id:From:To:Content-Type:Subject: Mime-Version:Date; b=RqvKiFrq87d48gv55NuOC0YkNhaaEGOruadvNSCKQe/bgcC4+CptganM9JqbKk1u8 a99vQKO4aBT05/sdMzPGvIdODd+Yr42gJn3i3ZYsEtyiJTjbRUro4t1Bvq8L0+xJv2 vfQc2CX6FUvB2amCvKfUOJijsOfGmrws3RwUBRn8QORtl9uynKcyfsvL3M3T7zGifq 43YY1lmFe09osNeIgSV5TyxD5yhNjx3rxBGnkgk/iwF3TVspXRvjkhJHgb17JQmdVc SKaLGKJgoLfV6FIDAelziXhC5bIrvn37+/0OQmQeg1vQyq8GP61UPMIANZxZyFUTZX RO1wEUKPptGMA==

I've always been willing to complain when venders disappoint or don't  
provide products as advertised so I'm glad to be able to heap some  
praise for an outstanding vender.

I want to commend the Corporate Office at Hoosier Racing Tire, and  
Jeff Speer in particular, for handling an issue that had come up with  
the Hoosier tires on my Spitfire.

Thanks also to Jim Gray for recommending that I call Hoosier about the  
air pressure loss I kept having. He said that Hoosier was a company  
that stands behind their tires and he could not have been more right.  
It is obvious why Hoosier tires are so respected and used. They focus  
on customer service and satisfaction.

Jeff Speer was a pleasure to work with and he worked hard with his  
people at Hoosier Racing Tire to make things right. Here's his contact  
info. if you have tire needs.

Jeffrey A. Speer
Product Manager

65465 US Hwy 31
Lakeville, IN 46536
www.hoosiertire.com
Phone: 574-784-3152
Fax: 574-784-2385

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 07:23:50 -0400

I had a Speedster that lost air faster than they usually do, it turned out 
to be leaking through the sidewall. I was at the Wild Hare Run, VDCA's 
wonderful April event at VIR a couple years back, and one of the pro teams 
that runs with us at that event has Hoosier come out to support them. I took 
my bad tire down to them, the boys looked at it and gave me one of Jeff 
Speer's business cards. I was told to call him the following week, tell him 
I was at the VIR event and talked to ??? (can't remember the dude's name) 
and tell him I have a tire he needs to see. I called Jeff, he said no 
problem, get me the tire. I am a half hour from Hoosier's east coast 
distributor, so I dropped the tire off there with my business cards. They 
shipped it back to Indiana at no cost to me, and two weeks later I get a 
statement in the mail from Hoosier Tire saying I have a credit for 1 new 
tire. They held that credit on their books for months until I bought another 
set of tires, and that set I only paid for 3!

The bad tire had lots of heat cycles in it and didn't have many more good 
sessions in it, but Hoosier still replaced it. Great customer service. These 
days, that really is a breath of fresh air.

Henry
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:28:46 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 03/29/2013 5:26:24 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> to be leaking through the sidewall. 

It's been my experience that losing air through the sidewall of racing 
tires is sure not uncommon.  For years while I was still running original ARW 
Silverstone mags on my TR3, I would carefully wash and inspect each wheel and 
tire looking for cracks in the spokes between events.  I was always amazed 
to see all of the soap air bubbles that would surface from the sidewalls of 
each tire during the washing process.  It made me aware that I was constantly 
losing some air through the sidewalls.  Dunlop has been our tire of choice 
down through the years (they look so damn'd British), but we've run Goodyear 
and Hoosier sets as well.  We have yet to experience what I would call 
unacceptable air loss through the sidewalls...but we are aware of the issue and 
sure check tire pressures carefully between sessions.

Bill Dentinger

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:06:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hoosier-Good and Bad--Was losing "small"!! amounts of air --could not 
find--later--found right out of the "sidewall"  through the 
letters.--Hoosier replaced.  John Hagen

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Bud R wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]