Subject: [Fot] Head Gasket Coating

From: "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 00:16:19 GMT

I have been debating the merits of coating a steel shim head gasket with a
Fluoroelastomer (Viton) coating.  Cometic gaskets are Viton coated.  There are
Fluoroelastomer coatings available in aerosol cans.  Have any of you tried
anything like this?   Joe(B)
____________________________________________________________
OVERSTOCK ipads: $30.93
Get 32GB Apple iPad for as low as $30.93. Limit 1.Day. Grab yours Now!
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:34:32 GMT

I have never sprayed this particular type of product, so I don't know if it
sprays out like spray paint or undercoating.  If like spray paint, then should
be able to get an even coat.  Joe

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: 'Joe Boruch' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'tom strange' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Fot] Head Gasket Coating
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:26:26 +0000

Would you be able to apply this evenly enough to seal?

I wonder whether this might be a nice adjunct to a copper gasket where used to
lower the compression ratio or clear piston pop-up, but where the copper
gasket isn't sealing well.

Scott B.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Joe Boruch
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Head Gasket Coating

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
____________________________________________________________
How to Sleep Like a Rock
Obey this one natural trick to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:31:56 -0500

There used to be a Hylomar spray that went on kind of fluffy. I liked it but
the cans clogged up the nozzles and/or the cans didn't work at all so they
took it off the market. If it is anything like that I'd try it.

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:34 AM, "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:36:27 -0700

FWIW, Hylomar spray is apparently still available, just not from Permatex or
Valco:
http://goo.gl/jE4dw
http://goo.gl/mvKDc

-- Randall