Subject: Re: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire

From: Andrew Packard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

Spit bits now carries the 4 spoke AR wheels.  They may be able to help.  Roger
Krauss Racing in Castro Valley, CA also has connections with many suppliers
and 
could be worth talking to, especially for racing applications.
Andy
To:
Friends of triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, March 20, 2013 1:32:46 PM
Subject: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire

List,

I'm looking for a set of 13
x 6 inch alloy race wheels for my Spitfire  
(4" x 3.75" (95.25mm).  I need
two with zero offset and two with -  
0.75 inch offset.

So far the only 13 x 
6 inch wheels I've found are made by Revolution  
in the UK which means lots
of shipping costs, etc..

Does anyone know of a US source? I called about some
VTO wheels at the  
Acme Speed Shop in South Carolina and haven't heard back
from them but  
they only list 5.5 inch and not any 6 inch in 13 inch diameter
wheels  
on their website so I'm not sure about availability.

Thanks
Bud
Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV
Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77
Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Charles WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:14:31 -0400

Bud -

I know the owner of Acme Speed Shop.  His name is Hap Waldrup and is a MG
racer.  He can get 13x6 for a Spit 3.75" PCD in a couple of different
backspace options and a couple of styles and colors.  His shop is kind of
"part time" so don't give up on contacting him.

Thanks,

Chuck Watson

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:30:04 -0600
> I'm looking for a set of 13 x 6 inch alloy race wheels for my Spitfire
> (4" x 3.75" (95.25mm). I need two with zero offset and two with -
> 0.75 inch offset.
>
> So far the only 13 x 6 inch wheels I've found are made by Revolution
> in the UK which means lots of shipping costs, etc..
>
> Does anyone know of a US source? I called about some VTO wheels at the
> Acme Speed Shop in South Carolina and haven't heard back from them but
> they only list 5.5 inch and not any 6 inch in 13 inch diameter wheels
> Bud Rolofson
> 71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
> 71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
> 77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Rocky Entriken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:20:11 -0500

About two years ago when I needed wheels for my HP Spitfire I got some 
Panasports through Spruell Motorsports (www.spruellmotorsport.com --  
800-552-2532).

Don't worry that their website at the moment doesn't show any 13" wheels 
under Triumph. Call 'em up, tell 'em what you need. They'll order direct 
from Panasport. I was in a big hurry, so they put me in contact with the 
Panasport guy and I ordered them direct from him, but he only sells through 
dealers so I did the sale through Spruell.

In my case -- because I was in a rush -- the Panasport guy had wheels on the 
shelf with 4" backspace, so I bought them and he drilled them for the 
Spitfire bolt circle and my stud size. Then I had a local machine shop make 
me spacers. And they use regular lugnuts.

If you have the time, you can get them with the right backspacing and setup. 
Spruell and Panasport both worked to take care of me with the speed I needed 
at the time. It was much appreciated.

--Rocky Entriken

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bud R" <[email-masked]>
To: "Friends of triumph" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:30 PM
Subject: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "R. John Lye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:55:10 -0400

Many years ago, when I bought Panasports for my GT-6, I
bought them from Spruell Motorsports and I can attest to
their good customer service.

John

On Wed, March 20, 2013 11:20 pm, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:19:43 -0400

I am surprised nobody commented on Bud's mention of VTO wheels. I was under 
the impression these were not really suitable for race use. Has opinion on 
these wheels changed?

Henry
[email-masked]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bud R" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire

> Acme Speed Shop in South Carolina

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:41:54 -0500

I've been racing on VTO provided Superlite 8  spokes for 8 years , no
problems.

Bob Kramer
Sent from my iPhone

>> Acme Speed Shop in South Carolina
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 06:53:59 -0400

Bob, I was under the impression that VTO imported the Superlite line, they 
have been around for years and I know a couple of racers on them. As I 
understand it, they were priced about the same as the usual suspects, and 
are a good wheel. I didn't think that wheel was stiill available. Do your 
wheels have "VTO" cast into the rim? The Superlites I am thinking of do not.

I seem to remember VTO launched it's current line of wheels a couple years 
back, and they were at that time offered at a price point significantly 
better than the usual suspects. These wheels are easily identified by the 
letters "VTO" cast into the rim. I saw a couple cars at car shows on these 
new wheels, and to me, the wheel did not look all that substantial. I 
thought I remembered a conversation about these wheels here on the FOT list, 
but an archive search turned up nothing.

I just did a Google search, and it appears the MG racers are using them in 
hoards, with no apparent calamities. Not sure it any of the fast MG guys are 
running them, though.

Anyway, it appears I stand corrected...

YMMV

Henry - a believer that you get what you pay for

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:05:37 -0400

Same experience for me as well

Sent from my iPhone

>> Panasports through Spruell Motorsports (www.spruellmotorsport.com --
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]