Subject: [Fot] FoT for life

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 07:52:27 -0800 (PST)

this is a response to Henry but I feel compelled to share the response and reply 
to the group....

Henry....after your group 'threatened' me in Atlanta,,,that I was 'one of us' I 
knew in my heart , although crushed I was not on track, that I would re-build.. 
I never really explored really far into what happened other than #2 piston just 
totally came apart into 1000 pieces..it was a stock piston and I had just run my 
best weekend ever at TWS in February so maybe it was dialed in to the brink of 
internal explosion... I have found a really good builder in Oklahoma that builds 
for Larry Young.. a forged crank is out of the question unless I do a one off 
but I am using forged pistons (2-4 weeks to produce) ((thanks STEVE and TED)) 
and I have procured forged rods... I really don't care if I'm mid-pack or last 
place as long as I can be with me extended family...
I'll share a picture with you after this message but my fellow Texas FoT'ers 
bought the poster of Triumphs on the Track at the Mitty 2012... the signed it 
framed it and presented it to me last weekend at TWS.. Greg Blakes wife Allison 
clipped a picture of my GT6 off my facebook page and tagged it to the framed 
picture...like I was on track... it was kind of cute..the presentation shows all 
the cars going to the right... my pic was me going to the left... Greg and Bob 
Kramer presented the gift with the statement... "when you bought the GTA car we 
thought you "left" us (my car is going left in the Pic) ...cute huh? I cried a 
bit as it was very emotional... I was at the track this last weekend with the 
GTA car but the Group8 CVAR proposed is a real cluster bomb.. I ran friday only 
, one session, and had a small electrical fire, but my whole purpose was to 
spend the weekend with my Texas FoT family and crew and wrench.. which I did... 
we did pull a head and replace a head gasket saturday night on Bob Blakes TR4.. 
he got his first checked flag Sunday he's had in 18 months...so there was that.
We had another TR4 come in with the nephew of the driver who drove the car at 
Daytona in 1966... Bob Kramer has his red TR4 and a blue TR4 his son drives that 
were both at Daytona the same year this new driver's Uncle's car was there.. I 
don't believe all three were on the track at the same time but all three were 
there at the event... pretty cool...
Our tech inspector had brought a clapped out trailer with three TR6 engines that 
had been setting in remiss (outdoors) for 20 odd years... one had a gearbox.. 
$100 for everything... Kramer and I both kind of passed but noted the gearbox 
was probably worth salvaging...
The new TR4 driver (nephew) at the driving school lost some bearings in the OD 
gearbox they were trying to run. His dad was wrenching the crap out of it when 
we mentioned the clapped out $100 Triumph bin that showed up near tech.. sure 
enough, they pulled the Tranny of the rusted iron, opened up the top box and 
dang... it looked pretty good... so.. dad did install the $100 find and his son 
did finish the weekend at speed...so there was THAT... you know,,, typical 
Triumph racing weekend....   the best of times...
All the best Henry... I ain't going nowhere....   Bobby
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive