Subject: [Fot] The Art of Racing in the Rain...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:22:56 -0400 (EDT)

Amici...

Anyone else reading, or read, a book by Garth Stein called, "The Art of 
Racing in the Rain"?  I stumbled onto it as the result of a recent reference to 
it in the book section of the USA Today.  Granted the racing, which keeps 
coming up over and over again (and clearly this author knows something about 
racing), but it mostly just provides a background for a sad story to be told 
about life and human nature.  And here's the gimmick...the story is told 
the eyes of a dog...named Enzo.  And Enzo is one hip dog.  He is self-educated 
via TV.  If he could talk, and had an opposable thumb, he could probably 
save the world.  He knows all about humans, their lives, and racing...for that 
matter.  I am only up to Chapter 9, but it is quite fascinating.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve Benford Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:35:35 -0500

Great read.  I know the story sounds corny but it really is a wonderful story.  NOT a Burt book, but written by a real racer.  It will touch your soul but you will have to read it to understand why.

[email-masked] wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:44:17 -0500

>.  NOT a Burt book, but written by a real racer.

now THAT'S funny.......

It IS a great book, btw.

Peter C

---

From: Andy Packard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:56:14 -0700

Just bought it on iBooks for 2.99. Good read for the train.

Andy Packard
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]