Subject: [Fot] GREENWOOD, INC 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST RACE IN jUNE

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:42:52 -0400 (EDT)

Got a call from Shawn Frank today. Today it was decided to hold a reunion at
the old GREENWOOD course near Indianola, IA.

Shawn and Steve Meyer are both FOT and both involved. The embryonic website is
GREENWOODREVIVAL.COM

I think the date is going to be June 8th for the festivities. I should be
there. I was there 50 years ago with my MG-TD and working T-1.

I suspect that more than a few of us are familiar with this 1960s effort to
bring ROAD RACING to IOWA.  SCCA REGIONAL CLUBS were actually quite active in
IOWA during the 50s and 60s.

Check it out.   The track is in very sad shape, but it is still there.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive