Subject: [Fot] Shocks and Springs - GT6

From: Charles WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:21:40 -0400 FILETIME=[4F691D30:01CE249C]

Enjoying the process of rebuilding my suspension.  I need to make the call on
springs and shocks shortly.  Tough to do some of the measurements with the
body off and no weight on the car, so a few questions I could use some help
on:

Front Springs:
- obviously want to lower, and plan to use adjustable spring perches, but
where to start in length.  I'm assuming 7.0-8.0"
- spring rate:  conventional wisdom seems to be north of 500 lbs.  If so, how
far north?

Front Shocks:
- what max length are you using to control droop, min length before bump?
- what mfg and models are you recommending?
- better to go with spherical bearings at lower mounts?

Rear Shocks:
- I have replaced the Rotoflex system with one that would allow me to use the
Mk1/Mk3 mounts instead of the wheel arch mounts.  Any reason not to do so?
Given that, what can you recommend?

Yes, I'm ignoring the rear spring in this post.  It's a whole-nother can of
worms.  But for the record, I'm looking at a 400lb rate de-arched by about
2.5" as my starting point.

Thanks,

Chuck Watson
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive