Subject: [Fot] Rear camber for a TR6

From: sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 20:23:58 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone done any experimenting on the best performing rear camber on a
TR6?  
Thanks, Jim
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 20:59:55 -0800

Will be interesting to see responses. For my TR6 race car I have 800 pound
springs in the rear with Spax adjustable shocks set to almost maximum firm.
Reading the tire temps tells me that about 1 degree negative is correct.
Many have told me that 2 to 2.5 is best. But I gotta think the tires do not
lie and so I am running with 1 degree.

What do you think Garmey and Babcock?

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM, sherry robyn <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 06:22:30 +0000

It depends  on how it handles for your style of driving.  2 degrees sounds
like way too much.  One degree seems about right.  When the squat or conerning
roll comes in, that negative increases a lot.  Thus so does the understeer
(that's Mr. Slow). Tire temps are not reliable unless they are taken almost
instantly when leaving the last corner. Not with a heat gun either, but must
be with a needle probe. With the kind of tires used in this type of racing I
don't really think they mean ANYTHING. Get some feel into it.  Your ass will
tell you when it is good.  Unless you have swing axles negative camber is SLOW
SLOW SLOW.

Never be beaten by equipment
 > Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 20:59:55 -0800
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear camber for a TR6
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Munson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:42:04 -0600

With bias ply tires I use 3/4 neg, 1/16 toe in with 600# Springs a 1.5 hollow
adjustable sway bar and a Lincoln Locker. I have a slight bit of oversteer.
Always run take-off tires from higher level drivers. (thanks Sam)
I do use a probe type pyrometer.
Car is 2160 to 2200 as raced.
>From what I saw last spring Tony doesn't spend enough time on the ground to
build much heat into his tires.:-)
How much does the TR250K weigh anyway?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Tony and Annie Garmey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:33:41 -0800

The "K" Car Hoosier speedsters450-500 lb rear springs5/8-3/4 ? solid rear bar
(the org. with ground flat spot from the sebring wheel failure still
there)Camber ? toe..see abovequaife LSDcar weighs 2200 give or take.Car does
have it's  handling issues. Still has the rubber/poly bushings etc. but it is
what is......
 > From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:42:04 -0600
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> > be with a needle probe. With the kind of tires used in this type of
racing
> I
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:00:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi - 2 degrees negative may work for radials, but that's too much camber 
for bias tires. Plus, as Kas pointed out, the dynamic camber change on the 
TR IRS is pretty big...

regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Halkias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:13:15 -0500

I cured this problem with an entire re-worked double A-arm rear suspension on
my SCCA car. But on my other race TR6's I would actually set my rear camber
with a half degree POSITIVE camber to help keep the car from excessive
negative camber under power.

Sam Halkias

On Feb 6, 2013, at 1:03 PM, "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi - 2 degrees negative may work for radials, but that's too much camber for
bias tires. Plus, as Kas pointed out, the dynamic camber change on the TR IRS
is pretty big...
> rml
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]