Subject: [Fot] Overdrive Query

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:52:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I was going through some notes yesterday and I found a reference from a 
friend suggesting that a "P-type" overdrive may be a good upgrade to look 
into. This suggestion was based on several points, not the least of which 
was that you can get new, modern replacement parts and that they are built 
to handle rediculous power (like 600 HP). Don't quote me on the power 
number, but the point is that they are overbuilt compared to A-types and 
J-types. They're also designed to withstand stupid-big line pressure, like 
780 PSI, so they're capable of instant shifts.

So, that made me poke around a bit and see what I could find and in the 
small amount of searching that I did, I came across Gear Vendors - they do 
upgrades for all sorts of applications and it looks like they either use 
teh P-type or they build a knock-off of it.

I plan to do some more research on the matter, but I wanted to throw this 
out to the FOT to see if anyone has any direct experience with Gear 
Vendors and / or with the P-type mounted to a Triumph gearbox.

And, no, I haven't chatted with John Esposito. Yet.

Regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:30:38 -0700

On 2/22/2013 6:52 AM, Robert M. Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to do some more research on the matter, but I wanted to throw 
> this out to the FOT to see if anyone has any direct experience with 
> Gear Vendors and / or with the P-type mounted to a Triumph gearbox.
>

Here's a little something from the UK on a P-type conversion (GT6):

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl?m-1326400553/

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]