Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 75, Issue 30- slicks

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:59:30 -0500 ZX853FP2HF5|February, 2013) at 02/26/2013 15:59:30

"This pertains to current SCCA Production racers...

I know this is sort of sounding like I'm beating a dead horse, but I have
it on good authority that most of the supply of "centilever" slicks is
going away or gone or priced fairly high... Can anyone either comment on
what sort of tire strategy they're taking and / or if they can cite any
SCCA documentation regarding SCCA's stand on this situation? "

Rob, I run Hoosier slicks and went to their website today. They still list
bias ply 13" slicks but they have the "new (introduced Nov 2010" radial
types on the discount rack, $100 each plus $15 an order for shipping. The
original price was ~$225 each. I never ran the radials, always the bias ply
so I don't know how well they work. Based on the short sale, I'd say not
very well. I spoke to an engineer there when they came out and he gave me
recommended set up changes / pressures if I did switch but I never pulled
the trigger for the radials.

I'm up in the air about what series to run this year, no Prod events last
year only vintage but I might pick up a set and wrap them in plastic for
future use.

mike h

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive