Subject: [Fot] Spitfire Wheels

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:31:24 -0600

FOT,

I find myself in need of wheels for a couple Spitfire vintage racers.

Long story short - a "friend" who I was sub-letting some storage space from
stopped paying his bill, and everything in the space was sold at auction.  I
lost three sets of polished aluminum dish wheels, two sets of Cosmic alloys,
one set of really cool Compomotive alloys, and a couple sets of stock
Spitfire wheels.  That's not to mention the two Spitfires (one badly
wrecked, one very restorable).  Eh, life goes on...

Anyway - if you have any Spitfire / GT6 wheels suitable for use on a race
car that you are not using, please let me know what you need for them.  I
won't be able to replace everything I lost, but I need three sets of wheels
pretty badly if I'm going to make the Kastner Cup in September.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:21:57 -0600

Friends,

Thanks for the many responses to my inquiry.  I've purchased a set of TR7
alloys (thanks to FOT Russ Moore for suggesting TR7 wheels and FOT Kevin
Lynch for reminding me to check Craigslist), a set of "new" Magnesium
Minilites (thanks to FOT Paul MacDonald for the eBay link), and will soon
purchase some Minator Minilite copies (from FOT Scott Barr - who may also
have the missing spare wheel for the trailer I use!) and a set of stock
steelies for cost of shipping only from FOT member Christopher Bock.

The TR7 wheels are off local Craigslist from one of my best friends in our
local Brit Car Club. I didn't even know he had them, let alone that he was
selling them.

Got an offer of some other minilite copies from a North American Spitfire
Squadron member - but they were pricey.  He may have some other racing parts
I may find use for, though.

My big question - How worried should I be about cracking the Magnesium
wheels?  Use them for rain tires only?

Thanks FOT!  What a (non)-Club!

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:31:24 -0600
From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire Wheels

FOT,

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska