Subject: [Fot] Chassis number

From: EDWARD BARNARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 08:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Group:
Does the small plate on the chassis cross member, under the front of the engine on a TR2-4 donate something? Is this a chassis #, a batch # from the chassis manufacturer? Who made the chassis for the TR2-4 for Triumph?
Thanks in advance.
-Ed-
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: EDWARD BARNARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 18:57:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to all for all the replies. Revision/batch  level makes sense. I have
three restorations I am currently working on, a TR3, a TR3A, and a 3B. Each
have a number starting with Z, and each model has a higher number after the Z.
Whats curious is that even the 3B has the bracket for the fuel shut-off valve,
although the valve had stopped being used years earlier. Some bloke at the
frame factory kept welding that bracket on, year after year, because some
engineer forget to delete it from the drawing, or some supervisor forgot to
tell the guy they deleted it That would never happen in a modern Chinese
factory. Some comrade gets an extra ration of fish heads and rice for a cost
savings idea. :O)
Thanks - Ed

--- On Sun, 2/3/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Chassis number
To: "EDWARD BARNARD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 4:30 PM

The Z number notes to a frame design it changes as mods to the frame are made
throught the production

tom

---- EDWARD BARNARD <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Group:
> Does the small plate on the chassis cross member, under the front of the
engine on a TR2-4 donate something? Is this a chassis #, a batch # from the
chassis manufacturer? Who made the chassis for the TR2-4 for Triumph?
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]