Subject: [Fot] Some more California Air...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:53:43 -0500 (EST)

Amici...

My TRIUMPH WORLD magazine arrived in the mail over the week end and 
includes the second installment of the two part Kas Kastner interview, and in 
particular lots of stuff about the 250K car.  It's great.

Two other 'how to' articles involve how to rehang doors after a frame off 
restoration to get them to fit as good (or better) than TRIUMPH did (includes 
25+ how to pictures), and also an article about adding power brakes to a 
Spitfire or GT6.

But my favorite was an article about a guy who built a TRIUMPH Standard 
sedan into a race car.  To me that's sort of like making a Checker taxi cab 
into a race car, but the author says it's seen 125 mph on the track.  Perhaps 
more impressive was his TRIUMPH Standard car hauler.  That was very slick, 
impressive, and brought back memories to me of the 18 years or so I towed to 
race events in eight states with a 'vintage' tow vehicle (1950 Chevrolet One 
Ton Panel truck).  Doesn't hold a candle to Hardy towing a race car across 
the country with an XKE, but it was impressive (and often exciting) all the 
same.  

Great articles

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive