Subject: Re: [Fot] Crankcase Venting - testing

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:31:37 +0100

How to test a PVC valve?

After I had these several failures I've checked the valve before each run:

- I pull the hose from the valve cover
- blow by mouth into the hose (to operate the valve)
- and suck back

On sucking the valve has to block, totally block the sucking back. If there
is gentle blow by the valve is gone.

My HD valve construction can be easy made by people who has a lathe. The
dimensions aren't important.
You can take the normal PVC valve as pattern.

The spring is the important part. I used a snippet of a SU carb spring for
valve operating.

Installed:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tEf8uoPfIBo/UJJmlQug4SI/AAAAAAAABhI/GcSEH
3d4wnU/s983/20121101_130726.jpg

Cheers
Chris
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 04:55:10 -0500 (EST)

OEM REPLACEMENT PVC VALVE is much better than aftermarket like MOROSO branded
valve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a PVC valve?After I had these several failures I've checked the valve before
each run:- I pull the hose from the valve cover- blow by mouth into the hose
(to operate the valve)- and suck backOn sucking the valve has to block,
totally block the sucking back. If thereis gentle blow by the valve is gone.My
HD valve construction can be easy made by people who has a lathe.
Thedimensions aren't important.You can take the normal PVC valve as
pattern.The spring is the important part. I used a snippet of a SU carb spring
forvalve
operating.Installed:https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tEf8uoPfIBo/UJJmlQug4S
I/AAAAAAAABhI/GcSEH3d4wnU/s983/20121101_130726.jpgCheersChris________________
[email-masked]://www.fot-racing.comDon
ate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlArchive:
http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Christopher Bock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 07:26:38 -0500

Are we talking about PVC or PCV?

Chris

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:30:43 +0100

I've just taken over the phrase.

I'm talking about a valve which use the exhaust system to vent the
crankcase.

No idea if it is called PVC or PCV?

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christopher Bock [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Februar 2013 13:27
An: MadMarx
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Betreff: Re: [Fot] Crankcase Venting - testing

Chris

On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:31 AM, "MadMarx" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On sucking the valve has to block, totally block the sucking back. If
> there is gentle blow by the valve is gone.
>
> My HD valve construction can be easy made by people who has a lathe.
> The dimensions aren't important.
> The spring is the important part. I used a snippet of a SU carb spring
> for valve operating.
>
> Installed:

---

From: Christopher Bock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:17:45 -0500

Just joking.

PVC. Poly vinyl chloride.  White plastic tubing

PCV. Particle control valve.

Just having fun with.

It is a great read
Chris

On Feb 1, 2013, at 7:30 AM, "MadMarx" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----UrsprC<ngliche Nachricht-----