Subject: [Fot] Spitfire MK. 2 parts

From: robert greer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:58:40 -0800 (PST)

I'm in the process of doing a frame-off of a 67' Spit Mk.2.  Front suspension
is nearly complete, but I need new brake calipers. Source? Also, I would like
to add negative camber to the rear suspension. Shorter spring?  Next come the
rear axles; can't disassemble existing after sitting 20 years. Exchange
service?  This will be a street car as I have already raced 20 years $$$! 
Other than that, the car is 100% there with minimal rust inside boot valance. 
Bob Greer @ robonglen @ yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:02:11 -0500 (EST)

Rob,

Calipers are available from most Triumph Parts Suppliers, TRF is offering a
rebuilding service for same.  As for the rear spring you could have it
de-arched a bit, there are spacers that go between the spring and diff ( keep
the spring alone ) or could buy a modified spring from the same parts
suppliers.  As for the rear axles you could ask around if some one has the
correct Factory Tool for separating the hub from the axle ( NOTE  I would not
recommend taking them to a machine shop or bearing shop to perform this task -
in 20+ years no one I know has had success, Hubs were ruined ).  This Hub
Puller Tool is available for sale from a few of the Triumph Parts Suppliers.
I have seen some ads from LBC repair shops offering their Rebuilding Service
to recondition our Spits axles.

I must ask is your car a real Mk2 or a '67 (Mk3) one easy way to tell :  Front
Bumper below the Grills or above the Front Marker Lights ?  Recerch of the Vin
Number is the correct way to tell for sure.  I ask as there is a difference
between the early Mk1 & Mk2 Calipers and the Mk3 & later Calipers.

Best O Luck,
Bob T
'63 Spit Mk1
'64 Spit GT  autocrosser

-----Original Message-----
From: robert greer <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire MK. 2 parts

I'm in the process of doing a frame-off of a 67' Spit Mk.2.  Front suspension
s nearly complete, but I need new brake calipers. Source? Also, I would like
o add negative camber to the rear suspension. Shorter spring?  Next come the
ear axles; can't disassemble existing after sitting 20 years. Exchange
ervice?  This will be a street car as I have already raced 20 years $$$!
ther than that, the car is 100% there with minimal rust inside boot valance.
ob Greer @ robonglen @ yahoo.com
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]