Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 74, Issue 3

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:59:04 -0500 ZX853FP2HF2|October 8, 2012) at 01/03/2013 08:59:18

I'd recommend the HANS Sport 20 degree with the sliding brackets. I don't
have the quick disconnect, open cockpit Spitfire, I just slip the helmet
and HANS on as a unit before I slide down into the seat. The sliding
tethers allow enough movement from side to side that I really don't notice
I have it on. In the past I raced a formula 500 open wheel car and used one
of the full body strap type restraints. I felt like a pot roast, all laced
up, the HANS device is a big improvement.

Oh, and the HANS system does work. I had a diff break a tooth and lock up,
taking out a 1/2 shaft down the front straight at Limerock. Quick spin into
the wall and a shorter car. I didn't even get a stiff neck from the impact,
but my wife sure gave me an ear ache when she saw the car. Good new was I
was there to hear it. Got the whole thing on video.

into the wall
http://s32.beta.photobucket.com/user/harmug/media/into%20the%20wall/IntotheWa
llFacebookcut.mp4.html

mike

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]