Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph GT6 front springs and shocks

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:18:03 -0500

hi - my car came with to me with the Spax, but they were worn out.  I replaced the front ones with the rebound-adjustable Carreras - alum body, got them from Ted.  Seems to me he told me they are now marketed under a different name.  They were as cheap as any other coil-over I could find, and I have been happy with  them.  I replaced the rear ones with a Spax set a few years ago, which are adjustable for stiffness.
The car came with these crazy 700 lb front springs.  On the advice of Steve Smith, I went to a softer rate, 550 lb by 8" Eibachs with a 1" front bar.  Seems to work well for me.

On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Barr, Scott wrote:

Dad seems to be having some trouble posting to the list at the moment.  Here's
what he wanted to ask:

"I am rebuilding the front shocks and springs on my #59 Red 68 GT6 What are
you GT6 guys using?"

Editor's Note:  Dad's rebuilding the suspension on his GT6 racer, last revised
in 2002.  He's got in hand a set of Carrera shocks (adjustable ride-height
fronts and regular rears) which are worn out and has investigated the
replacement of just the shock component.  It appears that's fairly expensive.
He's also got a set of Spax shocks, again ride-height adjustable in front.
But the Carrera springs may not work with the Spax spring seat.

Anyway, he's looking for opinions on what's out there now for GT6s.

Scott B.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jerry Barr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:33:25 -0600

Ted is looking for a replacement for my old Carreras. One of the front shocks
has a little dead spot of about .5"in both directions. I don't know much about
shocks but the Carreras have screw in the bottom of the body that looks like a
fill hole to me. I never saw any leakage on them and they worked very well so
I am wondering if it is possible to change fluid and use them. The fluid is
very dark or maybe burned. Any thoughts on that?

On Jan 20, 2013, at 7:18 PM, Scott Janzen wrote:

> hi - my car came with to me with the Spax, but they were worn out.  I
replaced the front ones with the rebound-adjustable Carreras - alum body, got
them from Ted.  Seems to me he told me they are now marketed under a different
name.  They were as cheap as any other coil-over I could find, and I have been
happy with  them.  I replaced the rear ones with a Spax set a few years ago,
which are adjustable for stiffness.
> The car came with these crazy 700 lb front springs.  On the advice of Steve
Smith, I went to a softer rate, 550 lb by 8" Eibachs with a 1" front bar.
Seems to work well for me.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]