Subject: [Fot] tools

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:06:40 -0500

TeriAnn, glad you weren't afraid to get your hands dirty and learn how to fix
things! My kind of girl! (That's a compliment, not a sexist remark!) My first
engine overhaul was my '64 Tempest, after reading many Hot Rod how-to-do-it
articles. It came out OK, after a bit of help from a friend.

Scott and Scott, I still have the complete set of sockets and box end wrenches
from Wizard, Western Auto's brand, bought in the late '50's. They hang on the
same board that I nailed to the wall, as a ten year old, in our new garage,
built in '59! They still get used, especially on my old Farmalls.
There were many little-known tool brands produced in that era, mostly good
quality.

When buying pliers, there's only one brand and they're made 15 miles south of
me in Meadville, PA. Blue handles. I have friends who work there. Channellock.
They have a new set of MIG welding pliers out, far superior to the import
stuff. And not horribly expensive. Funny, if you go to China Freight, their
brand of pliers is hanging on the display rack. Channellocks are locked in a
cabinet!

We're supposed to have some nice weather for a few days, fairly warm. Time to
go pull the engine in the TR6 and overhaul it.
Off to the garage............
Cheers, Bill
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]