Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:01:28 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, my71spit13 wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> each race towards a club racer. As soon as that time comes, the car will 
> no longer be street legal so it can be a racer for real. I have a 71

This is just a point of information...

I know it sounds trite, but autocrossers are "real racers" too. Granted 
autocross is different, but it's no less intense and there equal (for the 
most part) preparation. Actually, autocross is even more of a mental sport 
than road racing because you need to stay so focused. It's also good 
preparation for road racing because you learn the mental aspects as well 
as the car control - that's why some autocrossers transistion to road 
racers so well.

Regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:33:48 -0800 (PST)

I meant no disrespect to autocrossers. Anyone who jumps into a car, mashes the
pedal to the floor, and feels in control while sliding the car where they want
is a "true racer". I absolutely fell in love with autocrossing only being out
a couple times. It has sparked something in me that I want to not only chase,
but overtake. I was meaning "real racing" being with a race specific car. The
autocrossing still allows me to build on the car, try things out, and do it
right, while honing skills needed that I don't have but am willing to learn. I
am not a guy who thinks their way is the best. I am literally soaking it all
in. Between this group of collaborated knowledge and skill, to the forums
about my car, I have been learning a lot and am itching to get out there to
see what I've learned so far. I am excited about being an auto crosser...Shawn
________________________________
 From: Robert M. Lang <[email-masked]>
To:
my71spit13 <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Friends of Triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm joining the
SCCA. Good or bad?

[stuff deleted]
> each race towards a club racer. As soon as that time comes, the car will no
longer be street legal so it can be a racer for real. I have a 71

This is
just a point of information...

I know it sounds trite, but autocrossers are
"real racers" too. Granted autocross is different, but it's no less intense
and there equal (for the most part) preparation. Actually, autocross is even
more of a mental sport than road racing because you need to stay so focused.
It's also good preparation for road racing because you learn the mental
aspects as well as the car control - that's why some autocrossers transistion
to road racers so well.

Regards,
rml
Former
NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                 
           |  Cell: 339-927-4489