Subject: [Fot] VSCDA BANQUET 2 February13 Janet Guthrie HONORED GUEST and Speaker

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:25:08 -0500 (EST)

FOT:

I have not attended in recent years because of winter and distance, but
rethinking it with our involvement with VSCDA this year with the KASTNER
CUP.....and it doesnt interfere with DISTRICT and STATE wrestling tournaments.
:-)

VSCDA.org   for details.  Anyone else in?   It would be a good time to get
together, and a good time.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:58:12 -0500 (EST)

> together, and a good time.

Joe...

Bob Wismer and I usually attend this banquet, but this year we both have 
family conflicts.  Down through the years it has always been a great way to 
get together with fellow racers during the winter.  VSCDA is doing something 
different for 2013, and holding the event in conjunction with another 'auto 
club' group.  Not sure of the impact this will have, nor how it will work 
compared to what they have done in the past, but regardless...I wish I was able 
to go as their speaker and honored guest is Janet Guthrie, who is one 
classy lady and was one heck of a driver.  Granted she is best known as a female 
Motorsports trail blazer, but more than a few believe that all she lacked 
was top shelf equipment and she would have been a record setter.  Look what 
she did in TransAm and without a Major Team effort.  A few years back she 
graced a Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team wine and cheese party at Road 
America with her presence.  She's both a great sport, and one classy lady.  Her 
book:  Janet Guthrie-A Life at Full Throttle is a very good read and 
recommended.

Bill Dentinger

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:07:39 -0600

I've been considering it but haven't signed up yet.  I think the 
"special room rate" expired yesterday.  There's a McKee Engineering 
race shop tour and brunch with Bob McKee and Janet Guthrie 9:30 am to 1 pm too.

Tony Drews

At 10:25 AM 1/15/2013, Joe Alexander wrote:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]