Subject: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

From: Todd Redmond <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:59:03 -0500 (EST)

Amici,

I see BPNW has a rear seal conversion at almost half the price of other 
suppliers, ie Moss etc.  Has anyone used the BPNW part?  Any issues or 
concerns?

Thanks in advance
Todd Redmond
TR 3A  TS 29341
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:31:07 +0000 (UTC)

I bought mine from them and so far it's not leaking.  Quick, where is some wood?

Dave H.
TS46235L
Engine TS31005E

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Redmond
To: [email-masked] [email-masked]
Sent: 2013-01-22 17:59:46 +0000
Subject: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

Amici,

Thanks in advance
Todd Redmond
TR 3A  TS 29341

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:13:13 +0000 (UTC)

Dave,

yeah you should find some wood quick, teak preferrably. Knock four times, turn
three times and spit.

Then say there's no such thing as a leak free triumph.

The last time I said " no leaks " was in Hastings, NE. It was leak free until
ten minutes later when I rolled out to the grid and blew my oil cooler and
didn't know it. I left a BIG trail for a 1/4 mile through the paddock

from the front door of my RV right up to my grid position. Glad I have an
accusump.

The corner workers that cleaned the mess up still give me the birdB when I
pass by or I hear, "hey

how's the Exxon Valdeze running these days".

jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], "Todd" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:31:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

I bought mine from them and so far it's not leaking. B Quick, where is some
wood?

Dave H.
TS46235L
Engine TS31005E

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Redmond
To: [email-masked] [email-masked]
Sent: 2013-01-22 17:59:46 +0000
Subject: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

Amici,

I see BPNW has a rear seal conversion at almost half the price of other
suppliers, ie Moss etc. B Has anyone used the BPNW part? B Any issues or
concerns?

Thanks in advance
Todd Redmond
TR 3A B TS 29341

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:11:40 -0600

As far as I know the rear oil seal conversion provided by BPNW consists of
the same parts as provided by the others.  These work well but you must have
the scroll on the crankshaft ground down to the provided specification and
polished for a lip type seal.  I have been using the MARX seal setup on the
last few engines I have built with great success!  With this setup the
crankshaft scroll remains and all that is needed is a quick polishing of the
rear most surface where the MARX lip seal rides.  ARE sells the kit and I
believe TRF now handles this kit as well.  The existing rear seal (aluminum
halves) need to be machined to accept the MARX seal which is not a hard job
to do and I built a jig for my mill which does a good job.  ARE is also
selling new build aluminum seal parts that are already machined.

If you have not yet removed the scroll surface from the crankshaft I highly
recommend this seal system as it provides the best of both worlds!!!

Steve Yott 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Todd Redmond
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:59 AM
To: [email-masked] [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

Amici,

Thanks in advance
Todd Redmond
TR 3A  TS 29341

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:30:58 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Steve,

Christian and I are now providing the SCROLL to Chris' specifications in new
billet material. While re-manufacturing the old OEM SEALS works well, they
consume a lot of time and we are trying phase them out. It got the project
started, tho.

Now that the volume is up, we are FINALLY arriving in the black after a couple
of years of break even.  Thanks to Kas, as well, for supporting this project,
in his latest book, "KAS KASTNER'S TRIUMPHS. In fact he has an entire chapter
on 'avoiding leaks in the wet sleeve engines'.  Worth the price of the book,
by itself.

Thanks for the order, Todd.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Yott <[email-masked]>
To: 'Todd Redmond' <[email-masked]>; FOT <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear Oil seal conversion

Steve Yott

-----Original Message-----

Amici,

Thanks in advance
Todd Redmond
TR 3A  TS 29341