Subject: [Fot] Crankcase Venting

From: "Barry Munson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:45:00 -0700

Amici - FYI - Because I am at this stage in the TR3's preparation and the
significant amount of discussion (based on the content contained in the
archives), I would like to pass on some information that I have found to be
very useful in trying to completely understand and then apply solutions to
this issue. The article is entitled "The CVV Bible - Why a Functional
Crankcase Ventilation System Matters to You and Your High Performance
Engine" and was written by Mikah Barnett. The link is:
http://www.shophemi.com/images/media/p-2273-arrington_ccv_bible.pdf

Barry. 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:41:56 +0000 (UTC)

I already use myB exhaust as a vacuum source plumbed through the
seperator/catch tank

and currently in the process of sealing the system starting with a threaded
cap on

my valve cover and minor mods to seal my dipstick so I can

maximize the scavenging effect of the exhaust.

I have no plans to allow fresh air in if I can help it.

jim g

----- Original Message -----

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
To: "Barry Munson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:33:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Crankcase Venting

Thanks for sharing

A question:

For a TR-6 [and probly all the fours], what is the "Makeup air line" --
that is, how does fresh air get into one of our crankcases?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Barry Munson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 02:59:31 GMT

My Honda S2000 has the dual catch can system with a PVC valve.  After reading
this i may try removing the PVC valve.

My TR3 has a dry sump and thus has lots of crankcase ventilation, though I
have not checked how much vacuum it pulls.  I should data log it sometime.  I
think the vacuum break is set at 10 inches of vacuum, which is the lowest
setting.  Figured with too much vacuum it would just suck more in through
everywhere else.  Tractor engines have a lot of places for leaks.   Joe(B)

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Barry Munson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Crankcase Venting
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:45:00 -0700

Barry.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

____________________________________________________________
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]