Subject: [Fot] A non-candidate for non-membership what to do? help!

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:56:10 -0500 (EST)

FOT:

I just turned this guy down, a few minutes ago.  You can see it below.  I got
a gracious response and a desire to make a donation.  He did a total teardown
and rebuild of a TR4 in recent history and he has all four of Kas' recent
books.

I have made exceptions to the 'competition rule' in the past where we have
thought there was the potential for contribution.

Read BELOW and tell us all what you think.    Thanks, Joe A

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Haberthur <[email-masked]>
To: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Jan 20, 2013 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: Message from The Vintage Racer

Raced a Tariq years ago at some local races in CA. Club stuff. I was putting
myself through college and spending the next 26 years defending our country.
How is that for a naked plug!! LOL!! No money early and no time later other
than as a spectator.  I guess I'm trying to catch up on lost time. Thanks
anyway.  Can I support the organization with a donation. I think it is a
wonderful group supporting Triumphs.

On Jan 20, 2013 12:26 PM, "Joe Alexander" <[email-masked]> wrote:

have you had any connections with TRIUMPH COMPETITION in the past.

i have had enormous pressure from a group of people to stay the course on the
original 'charter'.

we have had exceptions with professional mechanics, journalists, etc.

thanks for being interested......

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Haberthur <[email-masked]>
To: Joe Alexander <n197tr4...
Sent: Sun, Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm
Subject: Re: Message from The Vintage Racer

OK I know I'm pushing i...
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Edward Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:12:54 -0800

I tend to think in terms of increasing interest in Triumph competition. At car
shows I like to encourage folks to sit in our cars, touch them and even start
them up.  I'm interested in getting more folks interested regardless of
whether they currently race or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2013, at 12:56 PM, "Joe Alexander" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Christopher Bock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:24:00 -0500

I think that if he is allowed to join he will eventually get into a TR.

Chris

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:46:59 -0700

At the very least have him check out http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo as
he may be interested in some of the Triumph related lists there.

mjb.

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:53:36 +0000

He sent me an Email asking for help in getting to the racing part of the
world.  I suggested he ask on the FOT for help in that as I have not
experienced that in 50 years.
It sounded to me as if he wanted to "go racing".
Never be beaten by equipment
 > To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:56:10 -0500
> Subject: [Fot] A non-candidate for non-membership   what to do?   help!
>
>  FOT:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Home Consolidated <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:08:30 -0600

I say ya.  Being one of the exceptions, I know I have learned from and enjoy
this a lot. I hate to deny another the experience.

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:34:38 -1000

Sure. He'll get there

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Joe Alexander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]