Subject: [Fot] TR4 H6 vs HS6 carbs

From: Mike Mehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:14:26 -0800 (PST)

I have been running HS6 carbs since I got the car back on the track.  They are
fully sorted with time on the Dyno.   With that said (I had a few posts on FOT
about this over the last 6 months) I thought I had a carb problem with some
weird loading up in left hand turns coming off a full fast throttle.  I did a
leak down and found it was a blown head gasket between cylinders (no over
heading or lost water).  While thinking I had a carb problem before figuring
out the head issue I found a nice set of H6 carbs that I have been working
on.  Most of the NW FOT racers are using H6 carbs.   
 
Any thoughts would be
welcome.  
 
Thanks!!!  
 
Mike Mehl #46 TR4
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:40:44 -0700

I have had no problems with my HS6s in the turns once I switched to the MG
style float bowls.  Having floats oriented left to right is not a good design
for road racing. Once I changed these out, I no longer have the sputtering and
hesitation coming out of any turn.

Having only run HS6s, I can't compare, but I do like the HS6s (until I can
afford some Mikunis).

Ty

Ty

Sent from my iPad
(Please excuse any errors or typos)

On Jan 20, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Mike Mehl <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]