Subject: [Fot] Fwd: TR6 hot start problems A.R.E HEATSHIELDS

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:59:34 -0500 (EST)

Joe's heat shield did wonders for my TR3, but I guess you knew that.  I also
recently learned to hold the throttle about 1/3 down while starting (with no
choke obviously), which seems to help some, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

My contention is that street TRIUMPHS need heatshields more than race cars
because of heat buildup and quality of gas.

Jack & I made up aluminum heatshields for our race cars.  Then I
reprocessed then into a design in a superior stainless steel material and on
production equipment, with the help of Jack and Irv Korey....and Sean
Alexander.

They are well distributed by TRF, Moss, Victoria British, and we do an
exclusive one for GoodParts.

Still there is no guarantee that this will cure the problem of hard starts
if there are other issues.  But cool fuel is always a good idea, eh?

</HTML>
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 18:32:43 -0500

Joe's Heat Shield solved issues with my 4A as well. They are especially 
useful if the engine driven fan is replaced by an electric fan. In slow 
traffic or in stopped traffic there is not a sufficient amount of air being 
moved until the electric fan kicks in which could be a few minutes or 
longer. That's enough time for the exhaust manifold to radiate a lot of heat 
up and under the carb float bowls. An excellent improvement for our cars, 
well designed and manufactured, perfect fit too.

JVV

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 19:57:30 -0500

Ceramic coating of the exhaust header reduces the heat by 35%.

Sent from my iPhone

useful if the engine driven fan is replaced by an electric fan. In slow
traffic or in stopped traffic there is not a sufficient amount of air being
moved until the electric fan kicks in which could be a few minutes or longer.
That's enough time for the exhaust manifold to radiate a lot of heat up and
under the carb float bowls. An excellent improvement for our cars, well
designed and manufactured, perfect fit too.
>
> JVV
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Joe Alexander
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]