Subject: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil

From: Ken Suhre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:16:16 -0800 (PST)

I have searched the Archives for a solution to this problem my TR4. Has anyone fixed this problem without pulling the head? I would like to stop the leak either with the head on the engine or as a last resort pulling the head.
Ken Suhre
1969 TR4 #79
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:50:01 -0800

Hi all,
I ues a Moroso 2 part epoxy. White-ish/blue running stuff to seal the tops of the p/rod tubes and the water plug at the cyl. Head. Just make sure the area is clean and dry.

Tony

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Ken Suhre <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Ken Suhre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 04:36:14 -0800 (PST)

Chris,
  It is the tube in the head, that the pushrod passes through, that I have
leaking oil.
Ken Suhre

--- On Mon, 1/28/13, MadMarx <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: MadMarx <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil
To: "'FOT'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 2:11 AM

I don't understand this question.
How can a pusrod leak?
And from where to where does it leak?

Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von Ken Suhre
Gesendet: Montag, 28. Januar 2013 03:16
An: FOT
Betreff: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil

I have searched the Archives for a solution to this problem my TR4. Has
anyone fixed this problem without pulling the head? I would like to stop the
leak either with the head on the engine or as a last resort pulling the
head.
Ken Suhre
1969 TR4 #79
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Ken Suhre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:36:20 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Here is what I plan to do. With the rocker assembly and pushrods out of the
way, I will lightly tap a tapered drift into the tube to expand it,taking care
not to drive it down. This should seal off the tube to prevent any solvent
form going down into the engine. Then after warming it with a heatgun, and
making sure no oil residue remains, apply some Locktite to it on top and and
on the outside where it goes through the bottom lip of the head. I probably
won't know if I am successful until the next race.
Mark, I did search all 400 of the treads in the Archives under leaks. I didn't
find any pertaining to this. Possibly the one your remember was too old or
losts. Thanks, so much, for keeping all this information possible.
Ken Suhre
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:59:26 -0800

> Mark, I did search all 400 of the treads in the Archives 
> under leaks. I didn't find any pertaining to this. Possibly 
> the one your remember was too old or losts.

Try either "leaky" or "sealing", without the quotes.  The search engine
seems to have a problem with searching for phrases, so "pushrod tubes"
doesn't work at all unless you leave out the quotes.  (The quotes indicate
to search for that exact phrase, but there are lots of posts with that
phrase in the archive.)  The "More with this subject" link does not work at
all, likely for the same reason.  (BTW the [Permanent Link] and [Original]
links don't work either.)

Here's a thread I found from 1997, with pretty much the same replies you got
this time:
http://goo.gl/WYKV9

-- Randall