Subject: Re: [Fot] Tranny rebuilt problem looking for a solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:46:52 -0500 (EST)

This'll sound silly but the trick is to set the case in the sun for a while 
 and let the alloy expand for that extra bit of clearance.
 
The 500 watt halogen shop light works very well too!

In a message dated 1/21/2013 7:40:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Chuck
I have had the same problem many times even when using a  dummy shaft.
I did have some success on the last one by gently moving it  into place 
with a screw driver.
Did you use lots of sticky grease on  the case side to keep it in place?
Glenn

On 1/20/2013 11:37 PM,  Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley wrote:
> spent the afternoon  reassembly the tranny for my TR6.  All went OK till I
> tried to  put the countershaft back in.  The front thrust washer is 
hanging
>  down about a 32 of an inch and nothing I have tried can move it up  that
> little amount so the counter shaft can come through.  I  presume the 
washer
> has rotated a little such that the dimple is now  not aligned with theslot
> at the top.  anybody have any experience  with solving this short of 
taking
> it all apart again and  reassembling?
> _______________________________________________
>  [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
>  Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>  Unsubscribe/Manage:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive