Subject: [Fot] GT6 Camshafts

From: Jason Sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 00:30:59 -0500

I'm looking at camshafts for my GT6 and am seeing that most of the 6
cylinder cams are marketed for the TR250 and TR6.  Does anyone have any
experience with how these behave in the higher revving 2L GT6 engines?
Does the same cam act "bigger" in a GT6?  Do they act similar?

 For example, say a certain high performance cam has a peak torque at 4700
rpm and runs out of steam by 6500 rpm in a TR6. If I put the same cam in a
GT6 engine (assuming all the other variables are the same), would it "come
on" at a higher rpm due to the smaller displacement/ shorter stroke and
lower port velocity in the head?  Would the shape of the torque curve be
similar, only shifted to the right a bit for the GT6?

Thanks for any input,

Jason Sukey
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]