Subject: [Fot] Longest Drive

From: Vintage Racer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:09:14 -0800

During Spring break from college in 1966, a good friend and I decided to drive
my 1959 TR3 from the San Francisco Bay Area to Guaymas, Mexico which is due
south of Nogales.  Guaymas was a very small fishing village on the Gulf of
California and the only plans we made were to camp on a yet to be determined
beach during our week stay.  In order to pack camping essentials and our
clothes we had to leave the side curtains behind due to lack of storage space.
We left early one morning and arrived in Guaymas the evening of the second
day.  We alternated driving at each gas stop.  On our third morning we were
surprised to see two of our dorm mates driving towards the same beach where we
were headed.  We joined forces and had an enjoyable time bumming around the
area.  The drive home was made in two days but the TR required a quart of oil
at every gas stop.  Other than that, the car never missed a beat over the 2300
miles we covered.  That summer, my father and I rebuilt the TR's engine..great
little car but I sure appreciated the roll up windows on my friends new TR4 he
acquired shortly after our return.

Gary
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive