Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire axles

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:48:18 -0500

It's my understanding the company "Summers Brothers" has been sold a number
of times in the past 10-15 years. What they sell today is not what was being
offered back in the day. At one point their one piece axles were the stuff
you could put on a coffee table in the living room as art work. 

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Diesel Performance Parts - Info
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire axles

I have to agree with Ed Barnard, I am the guy that bought new Summers Bros
axles on the advise of past buyers and they changed the design even again
and didn't tell me. Currently I have a old SCCA Square tail that I loved to
race that is in 1000 pieces as the axles failed at Savannah and I did 4.5
rolls and that was in two different left and right directions. Luckily it
was on the back part of the track vs the long last turn sweeper at WFO in
4th gear or the slow down for the 1 corner. I might not be able to type this
if it had been there.
I am currently converting this car to GT6 type axles with CV joints.
Hopefully it will work out great. With the GT6 stuff even if an axle breaks
the wheel stays verticle and you can drive out of the situation safely.

Mark Craig
Diesel Performance Parts, INC.
411 Allied Drive
Nashville, TN 37211
866-455-7788 Phone
615-834-9923 Fax

www.dieselperformanceparts.com
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "RACER BUD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:52:39 -0800 s=q20121106; t=1358441561; bh=MekOCrdRZzhbGoQbqAaVrtkXRS7S0jUZTA0iE5+pD/g=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Reply-To:From:To:Subject:Date: MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=jigsZ6ckWK3AWwwm5xUwrcnQLLS0AvIFr70HMD6bntWDGLQNH7i0BDsOPI31/a3Pr syNqDDSTfpKlQKC5ATRKPnLRqDO8n2DCbVynggmUZ2QF77itFtNGgKdvNnLuL0DFyT 5k4WFMbx+16Gx7+KIqNSC6Zj4gq37nrCdzAJ/Xk/PBwQSDRfpXYnw7DESO4+xSXkf7 QpNWUfJsG982FHg/zMSQmHeQvTDM0ZsyD2Aec/+0ogBmcvA/sR+ioF8Hl81QUi58H+ OjUfkDjQl5S3Mt0c9521CMiY4sGtbyq2U0LiAJvXXjDqZoApmE0kFbRPoUNtgIdtpy isPusIhVUHxuQ==

Contact Joe Siam..he may be up for making a set..he's with FOT
RB
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Diesel Performance Parts - Info'" <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire axles

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]