Subject: Re: [Fot] Books

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:04:45 -0500 (EST)

Chris,

If Francis and Tony allowed, Jack Drews has a well done version of one of his
stories.

Robert Johns has some great stories to tell.

I know Mordy Dunst has great one...and likely more.

Of course, Kas has them.

My point is that there are many that have already been written and the big job
would be to edit it all into a book.

Actually, in this age of desktop publishing, this is a brilliant idea.

Printing?  We printed KAS' latest book in Cedar Falls, Iowa through a  fellow
enthusiast.  Joe Pawlak of ISOA printed Jon MACARTNEY'S book of adventures
with UNCLE JACK, the Stag......Good one Chris....

In a group of 300 FOT, there should be enough resources to win the PULITZER
PRIZE.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Bock <[email-masked]>
To: FoTTriumph <[email-masked]>; christopher bock <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am
Subject: [Fot] Books

Amici

I have read a bunch of interesting and awesome stories.

So.......

Would we (FOT) be interested in a book of FOT stories and adventures?

It would be of adventures and stories from our members. Maybe a few pictures
both color and B&W.

Books would be about $20 if we can sell 275 books.  I don't know if we have
that many members.   I guess everyone can have their story told.

What say we?

Chris
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:39:11 +0000

I know one thing for absolute sure, if you go into self publishing be sure to
throw everything out of one stall in your garage 'cause that is where the
unsold books will live for eternity. :-)  No more lawn mowers, no more beer
taps, no more race cars or gun works or snow blowers or stacks of old
magazines, gone forever to make room for your newly found book inventory.

Never be beaten by equipment
 > To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:04:45 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Books
>
> Chris,
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Craig Wensley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:56:30 -0500

Do any of you remember Auto Book Men. I think that's how it was spell
Anyway it was in Maryland some 30 years ago. You name it they had it.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:51 PM
To: FoTTriumph; Christopher Bock; christopher bock
Subject: Re: [Fot] Books

I'm in.

Bob Davis

---- Christopher Bock <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> It would be of adventures and stories from our members. Maybe a few 
> pictures both color and B&W.
> 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "R. John Lye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:05:17 -0500

Yeah, that was a great store.  I spent way too much
money with them.  I had forgotten all about them.

John

On Mon, January 28, 2013 2:56 pm, Craig Wensley wrote:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Craig Wensley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:36:37 -0500

Did you race with owner Lee Sack at Marlboro to (back in the day)

-----Original Message-----
From: R. John Lye [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:05 PM
To: Craig Wensley
Cc: [email-masked]; 'FoTTriumph'; 'Christopher Bock'; 'christopher bock'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Books

Yeah, that was a great store.  I spent way too much money with them.  I had
forgotten all about them.

John

On Mon, January 28, 2013 2:56 pm, Craig Wensley wrote:
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
>> Books would be about $20 if we can sell 275 books.  I don't know if 
>> we
> have

---

From: Christopher Bock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:09:03 -0500

Amici
I was thinking that if everyone who is a FOT member writes a story we can have
enough stories to do this.  There are the usual people who comment regularly
but what about the other 300 who are members. What is their story?
All we would need is their name location and story

Example:

Chris B from Delaware (now), USA

I caught the racing bug when my friends were trying to figure which vintage
organization they wanted to race in while building their MGA racer. Funny
thing is that they own a GT6 and a TR6. While at Summit Point around 08 the
big joke was, "Where is Chris? Oh, he is wrenching on someone's car!"  Which
was true!  I was watching someone replace a head gasket and they said that if
I stayed they would put me to work. They did!  The other joke was that the
next session the car ran the best it did all day.  Also that day i helped
replace an axle shaft. That was the start if it.  Now while at the races I
crew for the MGA, Bugeye Sprite, and a Formula Vee. Slowly I am building a 74
Spit eventually for the track. First I will have some fun with the stock parts
on the street.  Then to the races I go. I am going to have I share the driving
with my wife.

Even something as short as that would be fine.

Ok hit me with the opinions

I have a friend who prints books and they are helping me what would be needed
from start to finish.

Chris

On Jan 28, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Joe Alexander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> If Francis and Tony allowed, Jack Drews has a well done version of one of
his stories.
> My point is that there are many that have already been written and the big
job would be to edit it all into a book.
> Printing?  We printed KAS' latest book in Cedar Falls, Iowa through a
fellow enthusiast.  Joe Pawlak of ISOA printed Jon MACARTNEY'S book of
adventures with UNCLE JACK, the Stag......Good one Chris....
PRIZE.
> It would be of adventures and stories from our members. Maybe a few
pictures

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:55:09 -1000

On paper? Why? Probably 95% of the book I read these days are electronic, and
I read constantly--probably more than 100 books a year. Authoring tools for
eBooks are awesome, and it doesn't cost anything to publish. Why do it on dead
trees?

On Jan 28, 2013, at 4:09 PM, Christopher Bock <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]