Subject: [Fot] 16 Inch Rims on TR6

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:47:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Car: TR6, non-vintage, current Solo car in SCCA.

I'm going through my "list" for 2013 and one of the things that has come 
up again is tire availability... Goodyear has pulled out of Solo, so I 
can only get cantilever slicks from Hoosier or at least that's where my 
search has gone so far.

A lot of the "fast guys" are running 16 inch rims along with 
non-cantilever slicks from pretty much every manufacturer. Some of the 
faster guys are switching to Avon. In fact, Avon pulled in some trophies 
at Nationals in 2012, so they look "promising".

I'll eventually talk to the guys at Roger Krauss about the Avons, but even 
so, there are a lot more choices in the non-cantilever category slicks out 
there...

So, this is a long way of asking: When I switch to 16 inch rims and 
non-cantilever tires, I have to get 16 x 10 rims because of the tire 
choices. I know the the interference of of the upper control arm is less 
of an issue, but there's limited space on the rear trailing arm - so I 
have to be careful what I get for wheels as far as offset. Can anyone 
provide some guidance numbers for proper wheel sizing when switching to 16 
rims?

I figure I need a -24mm offset maybe more. Any comments? I realize that 
I'll need custom wheels for this. I need some pointers there. I only know 
about Kieser at this point.

Methinks: "this could get expensive"

It also makes me think - road racing might be "cheaper".

:-)

rml 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]