Subject: [Fot] TR4 Lemons team race seat needs

From: Andrew Packard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:18:52 -0800

Thanks to Joe et al for bringing my race team into this group.  Three Triumph
Travelers in the Bay Area of CA are putting together a TR4 Lemons racer.  You
can learn a bit about our team and one picture of our car in the "Which Car"
section of my "Lemons to Lemons" blog here.

Currently we are dealing with some floor pan rust issues with one repair to go
prior to getting the 6-point cage installed.

My first question to the list is regarding a recommended racing seat brand and
model that fits well in a TR4 through 6.  We want to get the seat prior to our
roll cage design to ensure enough head clearance for our tallest driver.  If
someone has a "retired" seat they would like to move to a new home, we're
definitely in the market!  Being a Lemons car, we're hoping not to have to go
new with this potentially pricey item.  We're certain to have more issues
during our build, so I'll thank the list in advance for their contributions.
If successful, we'll be the first TR4 in Lemons.

BTW, we first looked a TR7 coupe in Santa Rosa that could have been bought for
$150.  Our biggest concern, as well as with my GT6+ parts car I considered
using, was the head clearance for a full cage when a roof was involved.

Andy Packard
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]