Subject: Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...

From: Rich Rock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:22:46 -0500

Amici,

I'm Vice-President of the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association (PHA), a PHA tech
inspector, and chairman of the Pagoda Hillclimb and Duryea Hillclimb  in
Reading, PA, so I should be able to answer any questions about PHA events, but
here's some of the basic stuff:

Our hillclimbs are sanctioned by the SCCA.  In order to compete, a driver must
be an SCCA member or hold a competition license from one of the VMC groups or
some other road-race sanctioning body.  In that case you'll just need to
purchase an SCCA weekend membership ($15) at registration.

Entry fees range from $145-$160. It's a two-day event, Saturday and Sunday.
We run rain or shine.  Number of runs you get depends on many things.  On the
longest hill with a large (100 entries) turnout, you might only get three runs
each day.  On the shorter hills with not as many entries you could get 6-8
runs each day.  Not a lot of seat time compared to road racing, but the
intensity is extremely high!

Our hillclimbs are held on paved public roads which are in good to excellent
condition.  Got a really low car?  Not a problem.

Safety requirements are very similar to road racing.  Full nomex, SA 2005 or
newer helmet, minimum 5-point harness, fire extinguisher or system, a
hillclimb-legal rollbar or cage (depends on the car).  If you're an SCCA
racer, or a vintage racer, you and your car are most likely equipped with
everything you need to pass tech.  Autocross cars, maybe, maybe not.  The roll
bar needs to be above the top of your helmet, so most "street" roll bars are
not adequate.

Pagoda Hillclimb (1.35 miles long) will be June 22-23 and Duryea 2.2 miles
long will be August 17-18.  We would love to have several FOT drivers show up!
Feel free to get in touch with me any time and I'll be happy to answer any
questions.

Rich Rock
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 01:19:55 +0000

I started out with hillclimbs in Colorado in the middle 50's then progressed
to road racing.  It just a natural progression and I highly recommend that to
any that are thinking about racing some time in the future. it still gives me
pleasure that when I was running the Competition Department I put the Penn.
State Hillclimb Assoc on the list for support and provided them funds  during
my time there.  Good place to start.  It takes concentration and the ability
to determine your own speed as you do not have anyone close to see if you are
fast or slow.  GREAT stuff.

Never be beaten by equipment
 > From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:22:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...
>
>  Amici,
>
>
>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]