Subject: [Fot] Spitfire 1300 Large Bearing Crank - Small Bearing Crank?

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:11:56 -0700 s=q20121106; t=1356027118; bh=MYnWBvvU/81GJGkNO12u42hy0PiRDvbrLHb+SCmReRQ=; h=Received:Received:Message-Id:From:To:Content-Type:Subject: Mime-Version:Date; b=odtzEvBtbz2zBGZuppNOua9YkWIem/BsLYeDgdi5oPM/3sKx9vDPS0SnMHVebldug yggYhck1Vf3Pmm9mLFe8Z7zlGyVviNxrLavEL5ZSKDTFTIWPMu9rRDXt1mmBcOl0qa ImrHZho/ZEcRpXWvCozi7CNOHs17RLU0dfKItOCouXumr2nN1A3u2Fnawlo1pRlZlM IZqlqV0W10W6uSaq950VRbBhm3zZOlgc8kOKi3Rud3tjLpnblWKynQXQfynQ/6Zk9T iZRv0XIBEJyYsDWVRcOm/Gr2drZrC/ZM9paur0kdWPUnEJ9lN98RA3bqxmmfxpQFLV Z9ZDTZiNiGN2A==

Is it possible to tell if a crank is a large bearing crank or a small  
bearing crank from just looking at it from the outside and still in  
the car? The PO couldn't really tell me much about the bottom end of  
the engine now in my Spit so until I pull this engine I may just have  
to be curious.

Have any of you had a large bearing Spitfire crank modified per Kas's  
example in the Triumph Prep. Handbook? I believe Dan Hall Machine Inc.  
in Portland is still around but was wondering if there were other  
machine shops who the list may have used for the cross drilling, etc.  
of a large bearing crank.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]