Subject: Re: [Fot] So Cal Machine Shop Recommendation

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:36:01 -0800 (PST)

also on the hunt for a machine shop that can do the long line boring procedure 
to allow cam bearings for the GT6...

Bobby

________________________________
From: Kurt Oblinger <[email-masked]>
To: Friends of Triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, December 27, 2012 12:19:19 PM
Subject: [Fot] So Cal Machine Shop Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for machine work for a GT6 engine. Just typical 
rebuild work; clean the block, check the crank bore and align bore if needed, 
turn the crank, balance, etc, etc. Prefer the So. Bay, Redondo, Torrance area or 
possibly Long Beach.

TIA,
Kurt Oblinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert MacKenzie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:22:55 -0600

There is only one place to go:  
Costa Mesa R&D
123 Monte Vista Avenue,   Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 631-6376
John Edwards

John is an amazing machinist who actually wrote the book on how to re-build
engines.  John is also famous for his YouTube videos under the name of
"fiatnutz" where he showcases some the innovative methods he had developed
over the years.
Additionally he has developed a custom bee-hive valve spring for use on
Spitfire race engines.  I have them on one of my heads and he can put them
on you GT6 head as well.

Some videos for Triumphs:
Spitfire Bee-hive springs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLlY0sTYYBY
Bee-hive spring retainer mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjApt0hOlk
Spitfire con rod mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-RkCY4Gl9c
Rocker Arm Rebuilding for the Triumph Spitfire :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APJucC0RD0

I can't say enough good things about John and his work.

Robert MacKenzie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Kurt Oblinger
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:18 PM
To: 'Friends of Triumph'
Subject: [Fot] So Cal Machine Shop Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for machine work for a GT6 engine. Just typical
rebuild work; clean the block, check the crank bore and align bore if
needed, turn the crank, balance, etc, etc. Prefer the So. Bay, Redondo,
Torrance area or possibly Long Beach.

TIA,
Kurt Oblinger

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]