Subject: [Fot] Advice for making my Spitfire faster for Autox

From: Mike Jankowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:05:01 -0600

Hi Everyone,
I've finally gotten to the point of feeling that my Spitfire is ready for
some more upgrades. I drive it every day, and am planning on a full
autocross season in 2013. I run in FSP. At the moment I have twin SU carbs,
needles from a 1973 MGB HIF carbset, slightly shaved head, 4-1 header,
stock intermediate pipe, and a Cherry Bomb muffler. Ignition is by
Pertronix. I installed an aluminum radiator with an electric cooling fan
also.

Suspension wise I have poly radius arm bushings, lowered front springs,
standard shocks at all corners. Brakes are standard, too. I have a non-od
4spd and stock 3.89 diff. Currently on the list of upgrades I have front
poly bushings, poly steering rack mounts, and a better exhaust system. I
also have poly shock bushings. Once I put all those on, I'm wondering what
the next step would be, keeping in mind I drive this car every day since
it's my only car.

Thanks,
Mike
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]