Subject: Re: [Fot] ATI harmonic balancer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:32:53 -0500 (EST)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wagner <[email-masked]>
To: Fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Nov 7, 2012 6:34 pm
Subject: [Fot] ATI harmonic balancer

     Has anyone tried the ATI harmonic balancer for TR's? Do you like it? Is
it worth the big bucks?
Sure looks good on paper.

 John Wagner (just the
wrench)

John,

I supplied specs and have had ATI design up a balancer for my TR4 several
years ago.
They should have one available for a TR for you.  The one thing to be sure to
have on it are taper
headed bolts on the front face of the damper (with the accompanying recessed
tapered holes) as the "regular" bolts
are just a tad too close to the rack.

Previously I tried a readily available setup (made with an MG piece I've
heard) and promptly broke my crank!
After the ATI unit (and a new billet crank) I haven't had any issues.

If ATI cannot figure it out, I believe that I still have the drawings
somewhere and could probably even find their part
number for the unit they supplied to me.

A little out of balance myself...
Nick in Nor Cal
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:30:31 -0800

I have one.  They mis-keyed it so tdc I'd at 22 degrees.  Works great.
On Nov 7, 2012 6:34 PM, "John Wagner" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Robert Deanes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:07:24 -0500

Ken Glanders sells them and ready to bolt on....British Frame and Engine

Just my two cents

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
rob deanes
TR Racer

---

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:36:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I bought an ATI for my TR6 from Goodparts. It's awesome. It was literally 
a bolt-on. Well thought out.

rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]