Subject: Re: [Fot] John Fitch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/31/2012 9:27:57 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> The FOT has been very quiet with many of its members at the VTR Nationals 
> in Galveston Texas. For those who may not have heard, John Fitch passed 
> away this morning. 
> With his passing goes a great fighter pilot, sports car driver, Indy car 
> driver, and a member of the Cunningham team at LeMans with Phil Walters 
> during the big crash in '55.
> 

Amen to that.  One of the classic 'gentlemen racers' of the early days of 
road racing here in the United States.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]