Subject: Re: [Fot] Tappets

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:27:41 -0600

This could be a fun thread.... I learned many years ago that flat tappets
were intentionally made with a very slight crown which helps establish
rotation of the tappet while riding on the camshaft.  The cam lobe is
normally offset from the centerline of the tappet in order to help with the
rotation of the tappet also.  There are several companies here that grind
tappets and all that I know of grind a crown on them.

I would like to hear what the rest of the masses have to say about this
subject as I am always ready to learn!

Steve Yott 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of MadMarx
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 10:47 AM
To: 'triumph friends'
Subject: [Fot] Tappets

Back in time I reported about that I always grind my tappets flat as only
domed ones are on the market.

Today I bought a new set and was amazed that they are perfect flat, no
regrind needed....have a look:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-moHnemvOoI0/UJfrIMoHBbI/AAAAAAAABjA/8qMo_
D6jbFc/s972/DSC02992.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V9PziuUrLds/UJfq-MbvNJI/AAAAAAAABi4/F98nS
Om_WRw/s1079/DSC02991.JPG

And the racing ones are a lot shorter.

Cheers
Chris
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]