Subject: Re: [Fot] [cvar_general] Parking for the F1 race this weekend in Austin

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:34:22 -0600

You might look into getting a day pass to park at a picnic area in McKinney
Falls State Park.  It's not that far from Richard Moya park (closer than the
old machine shop was).

I have a seat reserved at turn 6 but who knows where I'll end up at any given
point.  I hope I run into a few vintage racers there.  If you've got an iPhone
with the new Invite Friends application, we could set up the temporary event
so we can find out where each other are in the crowd.

Duncan Charlton

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Fireball wrote:

> Thanks to fellow TR4 racer Bob Blake I have a ticket for the F1 race. I
didn't buy one because I have enough hobbies and interests and I am afraid I
might get hooked on open wheel racing, but I'm going to take the chance and
keep Bob company. I expect other CVARers will be there as well.
>
> Bob and I plan on cycling to Richard Moya Park and taking the short shuttle.
Ideally we would know somebody close enough to the park to make this a short
hop but neither of us does. Until they went belly up my old machine shop would
have been a perfect place to hide a car for the day. Sooo, do any of you CVAR
brethern live nearby the airport in Austin, and would you let us park our
cars? We promise not to put it them on blocks:)
>
> This may be a shot in the dark but it never hurts to ask. we could bring
TR6's is space is limited.
> Bob Kramer
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:04:40 +0000

Sweet. I wish I was partying down there already. I'm a big F1 junky, year in and year out, regardless of its crazy enterprise antics. 
Wave the FoT flag for us down there for us.
Seriously...wave one of those sweet FoT flags, a good camera shot of that ought to get a comment from David Hobbs...
Have fun, you lucky Texans and others that may attend. It should be very interesting.

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing  
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
To: Fireball<[email-masked]>
Cc: FOT of Triumph'<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [cvar_general] Parking for the F1 race this weekend in
 Austin

Duncan Charlton

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:13:31 -0600

We should do that , I'll look up the app.

Sent from my iPhone

>
> I have a seat reserved at turn 6 but who knows where I'll end up at any
given point.  I hope I run into a few vintage racers there.  If you've got an
iPhone with the new Invite Friends application, we could set up the temporary
event so we can find out where each other are in the crowd.
>>
>> Bob and I plan on cycling to Richard Moya Park and taking the short
shuttle. Ideally we would know somebody close enough to the park to make this
a short hop but neither of us does. Until they went belly up my old machine
shop would have been a perfect place to hide a car for the day. Sooo, do any
of you CVAR brethern live nearby the airport in Austin, and would you let us
park our cars? We promise not to put it them on blocks:)

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:17:32 -0600

I don't have a flag but I do have a banner. Are there any FOT coming from
around the country?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2012, at 8:04 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Sweet. I wish I was partying down there already. I'm a big F1 junky, year in
and year out, regardless of its crazy enterprise antics.
> Seriously...wave one of those sweet FoT flags, a good camera shot of that
ought to get a comment from David Hobbs...
> Sender: [email-masked]: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:34:22
given
>> Bob and I plan on cycling to Richard Moya Park and taking the short
shuttle.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:19:06 -0600

My 4s doesn't seem to offer that app. Can we go "old school" and text
locations?

Sent from my iPhone

> TR6's is space is limited.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:32:44 -0600

I downloaded it in the last couple of days through iTunes or through the App
Store on my regular iPhone 4. I'm pretty sure it was free.  Or perhaps it was
an automatic part of the latest version upgrade, which I did last week
sometime.

Otherwise we could text, yet it may be too noisy to recognize the incoming
text (and there may be enough vibration/crowd jostling/general excitement to
be unaware of an incoming text on a phone set to vibrate only.

Duncan

locations?

---

From: "Robert MacKenzie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:13:48 -0600

I will be there all weekend.  We have General Admission passes so I can't be
sure where we will end up sitting.

Look for the Royal Canadian Air Force Flag, we will be underneath it.

http://shop.flagshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d0
8d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/l/flag-military-can-air-force_1.gif

Robert MacKenzie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob Kramer
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; FOT of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] [cvar_general] Parking for the F1 race this weekend in
Austin

Sent from my iPhone

> Have fun, you lucky Texans and others that may attend. It should be 
> very
interesting.
> Subject: Re: [Fot] [cvar_general] Parking for the F1 race this weekend 
> in Austin
>
> You might look into getting a day pass to park at a picnic area in 
> McKinney Falls State Park.  It's not that far from Richard Moya park 
> (closer than
the
given
> point.  I hope I run into a few vintage racers there.  If you've got 
> an
iPhone
> didn't buy one because I have enough hobbies and interests and I am 
> afraid
I
> might get hooked on open wheel racing, but I'm going to take the 
> chance and keep Bob company. I expect other CVARers will be there as well.
>>
shuttle.
> hop but neither of us does. Until they went belly up my old machine 
> shop
would
> have been a perfect place to hide a car for the day. Sooo, do any of 
> you
CVAR
> brethern live nearby the airport in Austin, and would you let us park 
> our cars? We promise not to put it them on blocks:)
>>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]