Subject: [Fot] Subject: Re: front toe setting for racing TR6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:52:20 -0500 (EST)

This reminds me of my time before correcting the bump and rebound changes  
in my TR's system; part of the process is to exactly center the rack  First. 
 The TR had 1.2" toe in on full bump, 1.7" toe Out on  rebound; trying to 
set to 1\32" was some what futile.  Yes, we are talking  inches here!
 
TR Regards,
 
Hardy

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:06:42 -0600
From: Tony Drews  <[email-masked]>
To: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley"  <[email-masked]>, Friends
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] front toe setting for racing  TR6

What I said was:
1/16"  total, or 1/32" on each side.  Up to 1/8" total Toe In would be  
acceptable.

You should center the rack first if possible, but I just  point it 
straight ahead as I come to a stop.

Pulling to one side  indicates something else not being the same from 
side to side.  I've  got to chase a bit of that myself as I am pulling 
to the left under braking  after my front suspension swap.  I'll try 
to do a much more detailed  setting of camber and caster prior to 
re-doing the toe  settings.

Tony
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: James Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:17:31 -0700

I found that by eliminating the front spring spacers combined with lowered
comp springs the steering rack centers itself.
Jim g

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2012, at 3:52 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type:  text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
>
> What I said was:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]