Subject: [Fot] I know it's not winter topic YET

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:36:43 -0700 (PDT)

Reality is , we are trying to make these cars do what they were never  intended 
to do... that little red line on the tach of your Triumph was a  maximum mark. 
It was the limit you could hit every once in awhile. It's  not like it was meant 
for these engines to run 7000 rpm for long  durations.
So... with that being the obvious, it doesn't seem to  be a stretch for vintage 
racers to noodle with what could be deemed  more reliable or robust... in the 
name of trying to make these cars do  what they were never intended to do... 
through history of the cars the  guys and gals and teams that were trying to 
make them faster and safer  (sometimes) pushed the envelope of a stock car...  
anybody wants to  argue most vintage racers are stock cars simply opens on the 
observation  of ....  bull****....
Bobby
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]