Subject: [Fot] Reg Compliance - Your Feedback

From: Charles WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:13:46 -0400 FILETIME=[FDF78740:01CDA712]

I'm (still) in the planning stage of building my GT6 racer and accumulating
parts and advice.  One issue I would like some feedback on is regulation
compliance.  There seems to be a huge variance in what, for example, SVRA will
allow versus HSR (these seem to be the two extremes).  And plenty other orgs
in the middle, VDCA, etc.  There are a lot of great products out there that
are not in the '72 SCCA rulebook.  I'm not looking to "cheat" and I'm trying
to stay true to the original car, but I do want the car to be safe and easy to
work on and tune.  It didn't look like too many of the Mitty Triumphs would
get into the SVRA.  So I'm curious as to some of your perspectives.  Build it
"my way" and then find the org that will take me, or build it "their way" and
not have the best car I can build?  I know it's a matter of personal
preferences, but what are your experiences?  Thanks, Chuck
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]