Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 TR4 REAR ENGINE MOUNTS NEW DESIGN IN THE WORKS

From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 23:25:44 +0200

Hi Joe! Is this rear mount available finally ?
Thank you for your reply!
Kind regards
AlexC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la
part de Joe Alexander
Envoyi : vendredi 9 mars 2012 15:25
@ : [email-masked]
Objet : [Fot] TR3 TR4 REAR ENGINE MOUNTS NEW DESIGN IN THE WORKS

 FOT,

For 20 years we have dealt with various motor mounts at the transmission.
Once we replaced a motor mount at Road America with material available.....a
pine 2 x 4.  We are not sure if that wasnt the best one we had to that
point.

Sean got tired of fiddling with substandard mounts and designed his own.  He
will be installing for use at Road Atlanta.  But I think he will have 1 or 2
more with him.  It is compatible with the old mount as a direct bolt in
replacement.

If anyone is interested in seeing it, Sean will show and explain. It is
heavy duty, but provides vibration isolation.

He is doing it in SOLIDWORKS for the laser program and has constructed a
mold, so he can produce more if there is a future interest.

It is likely a lifetime rear mount for race or street.

Any one else interested? Please let me know.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:36:50 -0500

I used a system like this with an old valve spring between flat washers
for compliance.  A  hole in the right place allows a clevis pin
to hold it all together and make it quick to disassemble when you
need to remove the trans.

art de armond

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 10:17 AM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 TR4 REAR ENGINE MOUNTS NEW DESIGN IN THE WORKS

Fellow motor mounties...

Here's something i did ages ago and have never had a mount go "south"
since...and even if it did, it wouldn't matter much other than the fact that
you'll prolly get some additional vibrations.

Drill two holes down thru the metal plate directly below the existing two
holes for the trans mount.  Make the holes maybe a quarter inch bigger in
diameter than the bolt that holds the trans to the mount.  Now get two new
longer bolts, you'll have to measure the length but its prolly 'bout 3"-4"
long.  Drop the new bolts down thru the trans, mount and lower plate.  Run a
nut up against the bottom of the mount so that the trans is bolted to the
mount as usual.  Now put a large washer or two on the end of the bolt that 
is
stickin out thru the plate.  Use a nylock nut on the end and just tighten it
so that the washers touch the plate.

Now if the mount goes away (yeah like that ever happens) the worst that will
happen is that the bolts will allow the trans to move about an eighth of an
inch or so.  This will even help  save the radiator if that tire wall jumps
out directly in front of you!

mounted in nor cal....
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Mar 9, 2012 6:25 am
Subject: [Fot] TR3 TR4 REAR ENGINE MOUNTS NEW DESIGN IN THE WORKS

FOT,
For 20 years we have dealt with various motor mounts at the transmission.
nce we replaced a motor mount at Road America with material available.....a
ine 2 x 4.  We are not sure if that wasnt the best one we had to that point.
Sean got tired of fiddling with substandard mounts and designed his own.  He
ill be installing for use at Road Atlanta.  But I think he will have 1 or 2
ore with him.  It is compatible with the old mount as a direct bolt in
eplacement.
If anyone is interested in seeing it, Sean will show and explain. It is 
heavy
uty, but provides vibration isolation.
He is doing it in SOLIDWORKS for the laser program and has constructed a
mold,
o he can produce more if there is a future interest.
It is likely a lifetime rear mount for race or street.
Any one else interested? Please let me know.

Joe Alexander
. R. E.
45 1st Street
esup, Iowa 50648
19.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]
______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4860 - Release Date: 03/09/12 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]