Subject: Re: [Fot] Steering shaft u-joint TR-4

From: Mike Mehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:25:32 -0700

Tony
Look at Pegasus part number 1492-32.  I put those on my car.   I was worried about the rubber ones.  
Mike

Sent from my Kindle Fire

_____________________________________________
From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun Oct 14 18:53:25 PDT 2012
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Steering shaft u-joint TR-4

My steering shaft has two u-joints in it. The lower one is a big 
beefy cast thing that I bought from Moss to replace the big beefy 
cast thing that was there before. The upper one isn't quite as heavy 
duty looking but does a much better job of actually clamping onto the 
shaft. I've tightened the sh** out of the lower big beefy one and 
it's still not as tightly clamped as I'd like.

So... Where can I buy alternate u-joints for the TR-4 steering shaft?

Look forward to the advice.

Tony Drews

PS - article on front suspension swap to TR-6 stuff is still coming.
_____________________________________________

[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:29:46 -0700

With good reason. Nothing like having those rag joints come apart--say when
you're doing 100 plus and aiming straight at some ARMCO barriers in the front
straight at Sears Point.

The shaft size for TRs is pretty small too.

On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Mike Mehl <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:49:32 -0400 (EDT)

A pair of TR6 U-JOINTS has our replacement parts for the TR4 and Ambro.

Note: I was side by side with an early Lotus 7, at the back straight at
Mosport, when his steering went adrift. Interesting watching this drama unfold
all of the way to the Jersey barriers. Scraping stop to some damage and no
injuries from about 100 mph.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
To: Mike Mehl <[email-masked]>
Cc: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 14, 2012 11:30 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Steering shaft u-joint TR-4

On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Mike Mehl <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Tony
> Look at Pegasus part number 1492-32.  I put those on my car.   I was
worried
about the rubber ones.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:04:15 -0600

Mine has the old rag joints and safety wire.  Might want to change it out over
the winter.

Ty

Sent from my iPad
(Please excuse any errors or typos)

On Oct 15, 2012, at 7:49 AM, Joe Alexander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]