Subject: [Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:58:53 -0400 FILETIME=[397CE2A0:01CDA16F]

Rod bolt question for you experts.  I latched onto a used set of Carrillo rods
for my next spitfire engine.  I figured I would get them crack tested and size
checked and be on my way. That was until I checked on the tightening
requirements.  According to Carrillo you need to measure the rod bolts when
new and then re-measure them after each disassembly to make sure they have not
been overstretched.  I am lacking that original length measurement.  I would
just replace them all for good measure but I was quoted a price of $56 per
bolt.  That being said I would prefer to use the original bolts IF they are
still good.  Anybody have any alternative methods of determining if these rod
bolts have not been over stretched?  The bolts are SPS CARR S4's

Thanks,
Marty
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]