Subject: [Fot] Unusable tr4 cylinder head wanted

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:36:34 -0600

Greetings FoT

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for an unserviceable hi port tr4
head.  Were going to be doing 

some flow bench work in the coming months and would like to cut some cross
sections of the ports

for development purposes. Of coarse we will share the data we gather from
the flowbench.

Thanks for any leads,

jim g.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 06:52:11 -0600

Thanks Russ but I'll do my own flow bench work. If we didn't reinvent the
wheel we would all still be running around with wooden spokes.
jim g

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfire Racing [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:17 AM
To: 'Jim Gray'
Subject: RE: [Fot] Unusable tr4 cylinder head wanted

Jim,
I believe there were a few different castings and among them was a variation
in thicknesses. I ran into this on Spitfire heads also. I had done what you
are suggesting and had what I thought was accurate information on how I
could mill and port the head. I ruined a head right off the bat due to a
casting variation. I found there wasn't a lot of consistency through
production runs.
You might want to check with Tony Drews. I believe he and Jack had done all
this and come up with the hot ticket. No point trying to reinvent the wheel
if it's already done.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jim Gray
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Unusable tr4 cylinder head wanted

Greetings FoT

Thanks for any leads,

jim g.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Tim Murphy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:46:28 -0500

I believe we have a head that you could use.  It is cracked and has about
.200 or more milled off of it by the previous owner.  I'd have to check the
numbers on the head to make sure it is what you are looking for and could
send a photo also.  We are in Wisconsin so the shipping charge might be a
bit high.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jim Gray
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Unusable tr4 cylinder head wanted

Greetings FoT

Thanks for any leads,

jim g.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]