Subject: [Fot] Now I've done it.

From: Bud Rolofson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:23:49 -0600

Took delivery on a 1971 Spitfire Mark IV race car the other day. The  
car came out of New Jersey. It was a race car from day one and never  
was registered/licensed to run on the streets. It came with a SCCA log  
book from the 70's and it's first race, other than the Bryar Driver's  
School and the St Citie Drivers School? in late 1972, was at SCR  
(whatever that is) in September of 1973. The car was raced until  
August 1979 (last log entry) at various tracks on the East coast  
including Lime Rock, Maars, Watkins Glen, BridgeHampton, and  
Fingerlakes? so it has some race history. Don't know any more from  
then to now. The guy I bought it from purchased it a couple years ago  
and got it real close to race condition but then had a partner bail on  
him. So he sold it to me. I posted a pic of the Log Book and the car  
when it was raced back in the 70's along with some present pics on:

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/levi3451/1971%20Spitfire%20Mark%20IV%20Race%20Car/

Been sorting some things out with the help of Mark Eden, and Jim Gray  
so that has been great. It came with a Weber downdraft but I'm trying  
out some other setups thanks to Mark. Two SU H2S and a 40DCOE18 setup  
are both in the works for some testing.

It's got it's flaws but I'm looking forward to doing what I can to  
make it better and having a lot of fun to share with the list.

Thanks
Bud

P.S. Anyone want to buy a really nice TR4A project car (Below). It's  
the white car in one of the pics.

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:23:20 -0400

MARRS is a race series, not a track, down around Washington DC region. Could
be Summit Point, Pocono, ???

Fingerlakes is an SCCA region, probably at Watkins Glen track.

Bryar is now New Hampshire Motor Speedway or International Speedway or
whatever...

St Citie is probably Steel Cities, another SCCA region near Pittsburgh.

Didn't see any old photo...
Nice looking car, make sure you install a full roll cage with strong side
bars!!!

Clark
Clark W. Nicholls
1972 Stag (LE7931E), 1974 Spitfire (FM14571U) 
and 1 rusty GT6 needing new owner
"Reality, it's not what you think." 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]