Subject: Re: [Fot] Damn Differential

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 16:13:59 +0200

As Bill said:
The safest thing would be to ask the lift manufacturer what he recommends
for concrete type, if it should be reinforced, which type of anchor bolts.

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von [email-masked]
Gesendet: Samstag, 1. September 2012 15:52
An: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Fot] Damn Differential

Amici, in general, and Bill Tobin in particular...

It just occurred to me that my hoist is the twin pedestal type with arms
that come out under the car to lift it.  I'm now thinking yours may be the
four post type with twin rails that lift the car.  Similar issues, but four
vice two bearing points.

Obviously, my suggestion might still work to avoid replacing an entire 4"
(or less) floor with a 6" floor, but four pockets would be required instead
of two.

Bill Dentinger
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 11:20:05 -0400

Hi again.
My lift is a two post above ground unit.
Rotary, the mfgr, said 5 inches of concrete minimum. My old cement floor was
poured in '59, mixed by hand. 4 inches deep. They did a good job for the time,
but it was poured in sections, which shifted a bit, especially where the tree
root pushed it up. The tree is gone now.
I thought about putting in two 4' square sections to mount it on, but decided
to bite the bullet and go a little bigger. By the time it was done it was 28'
x 28'! 6 inches of fiberglass reinforced, smooth, level, gorgeous concrete.
The concrete guys did a great job.
It was about $2300 for the concrete and about that much more for the pour.
Worth every cent.
Enjoy the weekend.
Bill

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [email-masked]
  To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ;
[email-masked]
  Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 9:52 AM
  Subject: Re: [Fot] Damn Differential

  Obviously, my suggestion might still work to avoid replacing an entire 4"
(or less) floor with a 6" floor, but four pockets would be required instead of
two.

  Bill Dentinger