Subject: [Fot] Lift, was Damn Differential

From: Don Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 10:43:10 -0400

For those of us without the ceiling height for a 2 or 4 post lift, consider
a low rise tire changing type lift instead.  I bought an old Rotary PAL7
from a local tire store and it's been great in my garage with 8 ft ceiling.
 It sits on any level floor without having to be attached, and it lifts the
car 24-30 inches off the ground.  Since this particular model has an "H"
configuration to the lifting base, it pretty much sits right under the
frame of the Triumphs and you can reach just about everything from
underneath.  Of course you have to lie on the floor but at least you can
get to stuff.  Also, since it seems that 90% of what I do involves the
brakes and suspension, it's especially helpful that it lifts the frame and
I can take all 4 wheels off without having to use any other equipment or
jacks.  If I had a choice between this and a regular 4 post lift (with the
rails), I'm not sure which I would prefer.  I suspect the 2 post setup that
lifts the frame is the best of all worlds, but it's not an option for me.
 Don

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM, MadMarx <[email-masked]> wrote:

> As Bill said:
> The safest thing would be to ask the lift manufacturer what he recommends
> for concrete type, if it should be reinforced, which type of anchor bolts.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
> Auftrag von [email-masked]
> Gesendet: Samstag, 1. September 2012 15:52
> An: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [Fot] Damn Differential
>
> Amici, in general, and Bill Tobin in particular...
>
> It just occurred to me that my hoist is the twin pedestal type with arms
> that come out under the car to lift it.  I'm now thinking yours may be the
> four post type with twin rails that lift the car.  Similar issues, but four
> vice two bearing points.
>
> Obviously, my suggestion might still work to avoid replacing an entire 4"
> (or less) floor with a 6" floor, but four pockets would be required instead
> of two.
>
> Bill Dentinger
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]