Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:23:28 -0400 (EDT)

VINTAGE RACING IS THE BEST BAD INVESTMENT I EVER MADE

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Taylor <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 9:05 am
Subject: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

Here is one way to calculate Internal RoR.

Total direct cost of Atlanta Historic's Race last week = + $2150. Weight of
Medallion (& blue ribbon) = 2.9 ounces = $741/oz. Current price for gold is
$1773/oz. Therefore racing is more than twice the better deal as buying
gold!

Richard  L. Taylor, Jr.,    FAIA

TAYLOR    ARCHITECTURE

<blocked::blocked::http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=112+Krog+S
t.+++Suite+196&csz=Atlanta,+Georgia&country=us> 112  Krog  St.      Suite
196
Atlanta,     Georgia,    30307

tel:
<blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(4
04)+223-1313&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 223-1313

fax:             (404) 223-1312

mobile:
<blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(4
04)+660-4920&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 660-4920

                 <http://www.taylor-architecture.com/>
www.taylor-architecture.com
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Keith Files <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:39:10 +0100

Historic racing AND modern racing i.e. supporting Josh, great fun but rubbish
for the bank account. Somebody once asked how you became a millionaire through
racing, answer; start of a multi millionaire....

Sent from my iPad

> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Vince G <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:28:34 -0400

Now this I would have to agree with!  LOL

Sent from my iPhone

> www.taylor-architecture.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:44:50 +0200

I agree too.
And have to add:
Nowhere else you get in contact to so many nice and helpful people as with
racing - not to forget the light dressed young girls who give kisses.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:24:45 -0400

I will defer to Roger Penske who reportedly said that to make a million
dollars in racing you have to start with two million.

Terry Stetler
  ----- Original Message -----
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:04 AM
  Subject: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

  TAYLOR    ARCHITECTURE

  <blocked::blocked::http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=112+Krog+
S
  t.+++Suite+196&csz=Atlanta,+Georgia&country=us> 112  Krog  St.      Suite
  196
  Atlanta,     Georgia,    30307

  tel:
  <blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(
4
  04)+223-1313&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 223-1313

  fax:             (404) 223-1312

  mobile:
  <blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(
4
  04)+660-4920&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 660-4920

                   <http://www.taylor-architecture.com/<http://www.taylor-arc
hitecture.com/>>
  www.taylor-architecture.com<http://www.taylor-architecture.com/>
  _______________________________________________

  http://www.fot-racing.com<http://www.fot-racing.com/>

  Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
  Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<http://www.team.net/forums>
  Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<http://autox.team.
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:08:33 -0400

Hey guys, I think we need to go to Germany.  At the races I've been to here
the women are all over 65, fully clothed and no kisses. 

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of MadMarx
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

I agree too.
And have to add:

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Vince G <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:15:28 -0400

Send me a post card...

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:24:10 -0500

John,
Don't you remember those grid girls at the Kastner Cup?
Sure maybe they weren't showering you with kisses.
And..the question there was not weather or not they were younger than 65
though...
Rather... were they were over 18?

Rumor has it... there will be grid girls at the next Kastner Cup event

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM, john hasty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: John Houlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:32:36 -0400 (EDT)

Here's my way of looking at the financial wisdom of it all:

Last week at ELVF at Road America I completed exactly 1 lap.  In the rain.
(There were also 2 out laps, but I am only counting laps under "green
conditions".

Entry fee:  $515.00
Towing 720 miles round trip:$368.10
Hotel, food, etc. for 3 nights: about $900.00
Misc.:  about $200.00

Let's call it a $2000.00 weekend

So the way I do the math, the true value of racing a Triumph at Road America
is $2000/lap.

If you figure the average session gets you 7 laps, and you do 2 sessions/day
for 3 days, that's 84 laps.  You can also run the enduro, or the extra Cup
race, or maybe even another promotional race, so let's call it 100 laps in a
"normal" weekend.

Since we have established that the "value" is $2000/lap, this means that,
given maximum racing time, one would recieve a value of $200,000 on a small
investment of $2000, which makes racing a Triumph the best investment
anywhere, ever.  This makes people like Tony D. and Bill D. (who seem to have
run well all weekend) very shrewd investors indeed.  Where else can you get a
return like that in such a short time!  That's why I encourage all my friends
to go vintage racing.  With a return like that it's better than self funding,
and we can all look forward to very comfortable retirements.

I think I should work in Government accounting.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Taylor <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 9:05 am
Subject: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

Total direct cost of Atlanta Historic's Race last week = + $2150. Weight of
edallion (& blue ribbon) = 2.9 ounces = $741/oz. Current price for gold is
1773/oz. Therefore racing is more than twice the better deal as buying
old!

blocked::blocked::http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=112+Krog+S
.+++Suite+196&csz=Atlanta,+Georgia&country=us> 112  Krog  St.      Suite
96
tlanta,     Georgia,    30307
tel:
blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(4
4)+223-1313&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 223-1313
fax:             (404) 223-1312
mobile:
blocked::blocked::http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(4
4)+660-4920&Email=[email-masked]> (404) 660-4920
                 <http://www.taylor-architecture.com/>
ww.taylor-architecture.com
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
http://www.fot-racing.com
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

I was pretty impressed with the umbrella girls at ELVF! I'm told the creative
Mr. Bonk hires them to parade around and make people run into each other. From
the bridge you could watch the trail of salivating guys as the girls strolled
around the paddock.
Gary Schneider

>________________________________
>
From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
>To: john hasty
<[email-masked]> 
>Cc: [email-masked] 
>Sent: Wednesday, September 19,
2012 2:24 PM
>> E-mail:
[email-masked]
>> www.gdhs.com
>>
>> PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: 
This message (and any attachments)
>> is
>> intended only for the use of the
addressee and may contain information that
>> is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL,
and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
>> If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>> dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
>> received this
communication in error, please erase all copies of the
>> message
>> and its
attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
>> IRS CIRCULAR 230
NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
>> regarding tax
advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated
>> otherwise,
>> any tax
advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
>> is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
>> (i)
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
addressed herein.
>> From:
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
>> Behalf Of
MadMarx
>> To:
[email-masked]
Unsubscribe:
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Robert Deanes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:54:15 -0400

I can see right now I am racing at the wrong tracks, example..Roebling
Roads Raceway...no spectators allowed...Gold Cup  at VIR ...alot of old
race cars that attract alot of old people that remember the old
cars....where are all the girls !!  That's the "pits"....ha ..ha   a good
thing that everyone is having fun !

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Gary Schneider <[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
rob deanes
TR Racer

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:08:04 -0400 (EDT)

Good job Jason!

Grid Girls are being discussed as well as some interesting videography.

ROAD AMERICA'S KASTNER CUP will be memorable.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
To: john hasty <[email-masked]>
Cc: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 2:24 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing as an investment strategy

John,

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing