Subject: [Fot] Thanks to the list!

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> {sentby:smtp auth 173.22.113.197 authed with [email-masked]}
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:52:38 -0500

I just wanted to say thanks to the participants in the FOT for all of 
the advice on my recent front suspension woes, especially to 
Christian Marx, Ed Barnard, Joe Alexander, Irv Korey and Dennis 
Delap.  In case you didn't follow it, at the last race I broke a 
right front upright / vertical link which almost sent me into the 
wall.  In discussing proper replacement parts, Christian mentioned 
that the TR-6 (really TR-4a through TR-6) vertical link and trunnion 
assembly is much beefier than the TR-4 3 degree caster items I had 
been running.  Ed, Joe, Irv and Dennis (and Good Parts) all supplied 
me with pieces to get my car back together for Road America this 
coming weekend.  I couldn't have done it without the advice from many 
on the list, and I'm very grateful for the help and support.

I've taken pictures and will be putting a web page together on the 
TR-4a / 5 / 250 / 6 front suspension installation onto a TR-4 - this 
should apply to TR-3's as well.  This is a very worthwhile upgrade 
since it strengthens the front suspension.  Anything that keeps the 
wheels pointed in the right direction is a good thing.

Anyway, just wanted to give kudos to the list.

Cheers, Tony Drews
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 19:55:34 +0200

Tony says:
"  Anything that keeps the wheels pointed in the right direction is a good
thing."

I would say: 
Anything that keeps the wheels on the car is a good thing.
Anything else is less important :-)

Cheers
Chris