Subject: [Fot] Spitfire Misfire final chapter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

Amici,

I thank all who responded to request for help.  My problem has been solved
after a couple phone calls -  Thanks to Mr Cline and Mr. Lang.  To my
embarrassment I have to admit that this mechanic timed the cam incorrectly.
With a little education about cam lobes in relation to cylinders and the order
of suck,squish, bang and blow.  And a miss understanding of the note about the
cam timing on Mr Cline's cam, all has been corrected and the engine is firing
correctly.

Looking forward to September to get to drive my Spit in anger as my entry into
the autocross season comes late.  A couple hours on the chassis dyno has me
feeling comfortable to push my car in competition.

Cheers to all,
Bob T
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]