Subject: [Fot] GT6 rebuild ...

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'm getting my mind (and wallet) around the idea of starting to rebuild an 
engine for my GT6.. one of my CVAR guys suggests I use a TR6 engine this time... 
I'm not so sure I want to 'cheat' ...  I talked to Ted @ TSI earlier this year, 
I'm sure he thinks I'm a flake, cause I haven't pulled the trigger to get 
started on a new one...  question is... are there products out there 
specifically for the GT6 like forged rods and pistons? I found Wishbone Classics 
that I think have the rods for $1295... but the pistons on their site show TR6 
pistons only...   does the (dumb question) TR6 and the GT6 share the same 
piston?  I thought all along the displacement difference in the two was the 
longer stroke on the TR6....
Any leads on a one stop shop for both?

Bobby Whitehead
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]