Subject: Re: [Fot] Zenith-Stromberg needle specs

From: Vince G <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:55:06 -0400

I take it you mean Zenith Stromberg.  What carbs are you dealing with?  I just
spent much research and time analyzing zenith needle charts to come up with
something for the cd150s in my GT6 racers as it was starving for fuel.  First
race event starts Thursday so i can get right down to fine tuning.  The needle
I chose made a big difference in the brief test run I did last week.

My set up is fairly mild with a fast road cam 290 duration and about 10:1
compression with better breathing intake and exhaust.

I'll send you the charts and the little spread sheet I set up that compares
needle profiles if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-08-28, at 7:37 PM, "Larry Young" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there an electronic copy of the Z-S needle specs available?  I know they
are tabulated in the Haynes manual, but an electronic copy would be more
useful.  I also understand that SU needles can be used in Z-S carbs.  I'm
looking for something similar to the SU needle information on the web, so I
don't have to type a bunch of numbers into the computer.  I'll use SU needles
if necessary, but would like to see (in an easy to compare form) what is
available for the Z-S carbs.
> Thanks,
> Larry
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

We use SU NEEDLES on our Strombergs....shim stock is required to locate
needle and to center it.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Young <[email-masked]>
To: FOT <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm
Subject: [Fot] Zenith-Stromberg needle specs

Is there an electronic copy of the Z-S needle specs available?  I know
they are tabulated in the Haynes manual, but an electronic copy would be
more useful.  I also understand that SU needles can be used in Z-S
carbs.  I'm looking for something similar to the SU needle information
on the web, so I don't have to type a bunch of numbers into the
computer.  I'll use SU needles if necessary, but would like to see (in
an easy to compare form) what is available for the Z-S carbs.
Thanks,
Larry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:33:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I found a resource for this - if you google "stromberg-needles.xls", 
you'll get a hit that will take you to lotuselan.net. Download the 
spreadsheet and have at it. You can do side-by-side comparisons of any two 
Zenith Stromberg needles.

To Joe A's comment about using the SU .100 needles or the .090 needles 
with shim stock, you can use the ZS needle profiles to compare to the SU 
needles if you want.

Note: I make absolutely no claim as to whether the numbers on this chart 
are correct, but in the little research I've done on the subject, the 
numbers look pretty close indeed.

Regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:38:33 +0000

just a reminder that on page 110 of my book the "Handbook" there is a chart of
the needles we used with great success in  the 1.5" carbs..  These are
STROMBERG needles. Lots of number to compare. By the way that is .006" shim
stock you need to use an S.U. needle.

Never be beaten by equipment
 > Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:33:54 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Zenith-Stromberg needle specs
>
> Hi,
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Vince G <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:06:53 -0400

Cool thanks Kas. I may have to take a look....

Sent from my iPhone