Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 69, Issue 26- Limerock

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:17:14 -0400 ZX853HP5|January 12, 2012) at 08/27/2012 10:17:17

I'll be racing the Spitfire at Limerock, hopefully with the new engine, if
it's back from the shop in time (like tomorrow). Had a rebuild of my spare
motor, with some pointers I picked up at the Mitty. The shop found scoring
on the crank from a failed spring shim. I had a spare crank waiting for
just such an emergency. Got the engine back last week, went to swap it
yesterday and forgot that my flywheel and cranks have been drilled out to
use 7/16 ARP bolts, and this one wasn't. Shop is making a fixture to drill
crank in block. Several Plan B's, all of then involve a late night or 2
before Thursday.

I'm also doing the  4PM Thursday race car parade from the track to
Lakeville. The track is still looking for vintage cars to accompany the
race cars into town, if you're interested contact Limerock.

63 Spit

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]