Subject: [Fot] Brakes

From: Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:02:58 -0500

I took the TR6 out today after adjusting the rear brakes.  The parking brake
was not holding properly so I tightened both sides up two clicks.  Upon
reaching the bottom of my driveway the car stopped itself.  So. . . under the
car and backed them both off one click and went for a drive.  When I reached
end of the street the pedal was low and I pumped it up and it was firm.  I
drove it for a few miles and the pedal was fading to the floor.  It would pump
up and hold firm for a moment then fade away again.  I got the car home and
looked underneath to see if I could spot any leaks that were obvious.
Nothing.  Master was full.  My experience tells me this is an internal master
cylinder leak.  The pedal holds firm and then fades.  Any other advice before
I jump on the internet and order a new one?
TIA
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]