Subject: [Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535

From: Larry Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 18:52:20 -0500

This question is not of interest to racers, but my street TR250 has had 
a problem with run-on or dieseling since leaded premium went away back 
in the 1980s.  This has continued through several carb rebuilds, many 
ignition configuration changes and recently an engine rebuild.  During 
recent rebuild, I tried to remove any sharp areas that might create hot 
spots and of course all the carbon has been removed, but the problem 
still persists.  There is additional tuning I should and will do such as 
carb rebuilds, carb needles, timing advance curves, etc., but I suspect 
this problem will continue.  The solution for later Triumphs and other 
British cars was the anti run-on valve.  It appears that the simplest 
retrofit would be to install a Rover/MG ADU9535 valve.  Basically, the 
valve opens when the ignition is turned off and floods the manifold with 
air making the mixture too weak to support combustion.  Where do I find 
one of these valves?  They do not appear to be available except on ebay.uk.
Larry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: EDWARD BARNARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 19:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

Larry: Send me your address and one will miraculously appear in your mail box
from the run-on gods.
Life is good:O)
-ED-

--- On Mon, 8/6/12, Larry Young <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Larry Young <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535
To: [email-masked]
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012, 6:52 PM

This question is not of interest to racers, but my street TR250 has had a
problem with run-on or dieseling since leaded premium went away back in the
1980s.  This has continued through several carb rebuilds, many ignition
configuration changes and recently an engine rebuild.  During recent rebuild,
I tried to remove any sharp areas that might create hot spots and of course
all the carbon has been removed, but the problem still persists.  There is
additional tuning I should and will do such as carb rebuilds, carb needles,
timing advance curves, etc., but I suspect this problem will continue.  The
solution for later Triumphs and other British cars was the anti run-on valve. 
It appears that the simplest retrofit would be to install a Rover/MG ADU9535
valve.  Basically, the valve opens when the ignition is turned off and floods
the manifold with air making the mixture too weak to support combustion. 
Where do I find one of these valves?  They do not
 appear to be available except on ebay.uk.
Larry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]