Subject: [Fot] High Performance Clutch Discs for our Racing Triumphs SEE TEXT BELOW

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:37:20 -0400 (EDT)

FOT:

The Minnesota guys discovered a source of a racing clutch for our Triumphs.

We outgrew the capacity of our clutch. After the 2nd failure we went to
Minnesota's

TREVOR OLSON
THE CLUTCH DOCTOR
40167 FLINK AVENUE
NORTH BRANCH, MN  55056
651.614.4175

See Sean's comments below on a description and his experience so far, to Tim
Murphy. We have a representative picture available.  It is a paddle style
clutch. I thought we should share this with everyone.

(Thanks to RUSS WESTFALL and JOHN HAGEN....MN)

From: Sean Alexander <[email-masked]>
To: timmurph <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>; peettigers <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Aug 2, 2012 4:56 pm
Subject: Re: Clutch disc for TR4

The clutch we purchased from Trevor at Clutch Doctor is a lot like the
attached picture.

The overall construction of the center hub, spring mounts and flex plate are
more robust that than we have had in the past.  The clutch wear contact
surfaces are some type of metallic imbedded material that isnt supposed to
slip if oil gets on the flywheel.

Trevor can custom build to suit from the commercially available components.

 I have been very happy with the clutch since it was installed.

Sean

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ap_racing_6_paddle_clutch_drive_plate_only.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "john hasty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:50:56 -0400

SPEC Clutches in Birmingham AL has many different types of racing clutches
for TR's 2 - 8.  The one in my TR3 with a close ratio gear set is a stage 3
paddle type.   Remember, the splines on a close ratio are different than a
stock box.  

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gdhs.com
 
PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.
 
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Joe Alexander
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 9:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] High Performance Clutch Discs for our Racing Triumphs SEE
TEXT BELOW

FOT:

TREVOR OLSON
THE CLUTCH DOCTOR
40167 FLINK AVENUE
NORTH BRANCH, MN  55056
651.614.4175

Sean

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ap_racing_6_paddle_clutch_drive_plate_only.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

yes....we have CR box and TREVOR built to our spec.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: john hasty <[email-masked]>
To: 'Joe Alexander' <[email-masked]>; fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Aug 3, 2012 9:51 am
Subject: RE: [Fot] High Performance Clutch Discs for our Racing Triumphs SEE
TEXT BELOW

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law

-----Original Message-----

FOT:

TREVOR OLSON
THE CLUTCH DOCTOR
40167 FLINK AVENUE
NORTH BRANCH, MN  55056
651.614.4175

Sean