Subject: Re: [Fot] Headers

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 15:15:11 -0400

The Stahl is supposed to provide better flow but the bell housing needs to
be modified (ground down) to let it pass. We're running a Stahl right now,
and I have no quarrels with it. Just don't wrap it with header tape--if you
feel the need to do something to it for heat issues, ceramic coating would
probably be the way to go.

Keep Triumphing,

Susan     :)

Original Message:
-----------------
From: George Harmuth [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 12:42:45 -0400
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Headers

I was looking at the various Spit engines in the paddock but I forgot to
ask what kind of headers people were using. My car came with a set of Tri-Y
and I replaced them with a new set two years ago. My understanding is these
style help with low to mid range power. After getting passed, at a very
good clip, on the RA straights last weekend, I'm looking at ways to get
more power and still have the car SCCA H-Prod legal. Headers / exhaust
system are one of the few areas where Prep level 2 engines are given free
range.

I'm thinking about a 4->1 style, like a Stahl, which I heard is better for
top end. Any input is appreciated.

thanks
mike

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Barr, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 15:36:02 -0500

Based on my conversations with Susan's crew chief and head backhoe
operator, the use of a Stahl in a Spitfire also requires some pretty
good changes to the frame and right-side suspension upright.  The frame
lip on the right side of the engine has to be cut almost entirely away,
as well as much of the rear lip on the inner portion of the suspension
upright.  The frame may also need notching at the collector depending on
what collector you're using.

Scott (B.)
Headed for VSCDA's "Spring Break" weekend at Gingerman in 10 hours and
26 minutes.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:15 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Headers

The Stahl is supposed to provide better flow but the bell housing needs
to be modified (ground down) to let it pass. We're running a Stahl right
now, and I have no quarrels with it. Just don't wrap it with header
tape--if you feel the need to do something to it for heat issues,
ceramic coating would probably be the way to go.

Keep Triumphing,

Susan     :)

Original Message:
-----------------

I was looking at the various Spit engines in the paddock but I forgot to
ask what kind of headers people were using. My car came with a set of
Tri-Y and I replaced them with a new set two years ago. My understanding
is these style help with low to mid range power. After getting passed,
at a very good clip, on the RA straights last weekend, I'm looking at
ways to get more power and still have the car SCCA H-Prod legal. Headers
/ exhaust system are one of the few areas where Prep level 2 engines are
given free range.

I'm thinking about a 4->1 style, like a Stahl, which I heard is better
for top end. Any input is appreciated.

thanks
mike

G. Michael Harmuth

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]