Subject: [Fot] Towing MPG

From: Patrick Starr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:25:00 -0500

>From the light weight end of tow vehicle spectrum, we use a 2004 Toyota Sienna
Van towing the 1958
Morgan +4 on a single axle trailer, and averaged 19 mpg from Minneapolis to
Road Atlanta and back.
The Morgan and trailer weigh about 2900 lb., and speed goes down up the steep
hills.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:57:24 -0500

I checked the Tundra's mpg (5.7 liter gasoline) again pulling the '52 Plus 4
on an Aluma flatbed (single axle) this past weekend (CVAR races at Eagles
Canyon).  17.5 mpg on the way up, 14.6 mpg on the way home (5 hours each way),
70 mph most of the way.  Nice tailwind on the way up = bad headwind on the way
home... :-(  Trailer with car is under 2500 lbs.

Duncan

On May 18, 2012, at 9:25 AM, Patrick Starr wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:13:55 -0400 (EDT)

Aluma TRAILER  made in Iowa?

I was going approach them about building to my spec.

I ended up with trailer built to my spec locally. It ended up heavier than it
needed to be.

Aluminum single axle nice way to go.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
To: FOT <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, May 21, 2012 5:03 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Towing MPG

I checked the Tundra's mpg (5.7 liter gasoline) again pulling the '52 Plus 4
on an Aluma flatbed (single axle) this past weekend (CVAR races at Eagles
Canyon).  17.5 mpg on the way up, 14.6 mpg on the way home (5 hours each
way),
70 mph most of the way.  Nice tailwind on the way up = bad headwind on the
way
home... :-(  Trailer with car is under 2500 lbs.

Duncan

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]