Subject: Re: [Fot] Subject: Indexing plugs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 18:28:38 -0400 (EDT)

We could not measure any change, and we run popups and a high CR; we went  
to MSD and then Electromotive and ran to 7200RPM with our TR3.
 
TR Regards,
Hardy

In a message dated 5/5/2012 3:07:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

From:  sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
To: Friends  <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Indexing plugs
Just curious,  has anyone seen a documented increase on the dyno from 
indexing
plugs on  Triumph four or six  cylinders?
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:41:20 -0400 (EDT)

> to MSD and then Electromotive and ran to 7200RPM with our TR3.

Hi Hardy...

7200!  WOW!

Our mechanic, Kevin Potter, said that he used to index the plugs on our 
engines, but did not see any gains worth the effort.   Kevin was big in Karting 
for a while, with his two daughters as drivers.  He said that on the Briggs 
and Stratton Kart engines, there were significant gains to be made. Those 
engines were of a flathead design. It seemed the shrouding of the electrode 
was more important on that type of engine. He thinks, usually the main reason 
for indexing is with a domed, or popup piston, if they are not indexed 
properly, when the piston is at TDC, it will smash the plug because of 
clearance.

Bill Dentinger