Subject: Re: [Fot] Lost Tube (Fot Digest, Vol 66, Issue 37)

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 06:15:32 -0500

Bob,

I probably have one in a spare 1500 block.  Any idea of the correct length?
Were there more than one lengths available?  I'll check what I have and let
you know - will have to be tomorrow though.  If I have what you need, it's
yours for the postage.  Will just need an address.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE
---------------------------Original
Message------------------------------------------
Message: 6
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Lost Tube

Amici Triumphi !

While working on building and installing the engine in my Spit, I realized I
might if tossed the distance tube for the dipstick.  This is the part that
presses into the block on later Spit engines, mine being an early 1500.
There
is a part number for it (  121831 ) and it is also used on the TR7 engines.
I
guess painting it yellow didn't stop me from loosing, tossing,it (?).

So my question is there anyone out there that can help me acquire one of
these, and I am willing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance,
Bob T

'64 Spit GT  autocrosser
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

Spitfire racers/street owners--Dean Johnson [e/f prod. national 
champion] is selling all his Spitfire cars and parts--too many to 
mention.
E-mail [email-masked]    John Hagen

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Joe Guinan wrote:

> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry- That was [email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Senty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:22:37 -0400 (EDT)

I lost one during a race along with a significant amount of oil. Tapped 
the hole after that and put in a pipe plug.
Jeff Senty

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Joe Guinan wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]