Subject: [Fot] Headers

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 12:42:45 -0400

I was looking at the various Spit engines in the paddock but I forgot to
ask what kind of headers people were using. My car came with a set of Tri-Y
and I replaced them with a new set two years ago. My understanding is these
style help with low to mid range power. After getting passed, at a very
good clip, on the RA straights last weekend, I'm looking at ways to get
more power and still have the car SCCA H-Prod legal. Headers / exhaust
system are one of the few areas where Prep level 2 engines are given free
range.

I'm thinking about a 4->1 style, like a Stahl, which I heard is better for
top end. Any input is appreciated.

thanks
mike

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 18:42:41 +0000

I purchased the individual Stahl pre-bent tubes, made my own flange and built my own header.  4 into one.  Then used burns stainless collector (non-stainless).  Fun to do if you can weld. 
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 12:42:45 
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Headers

thanks
mike

G. Michael Harmuth

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Norlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:43:32 -0700

Sorry to be so slow in responding to this - a bit late in catching up on 
e-mail.

I needed a new set of headers about 3 years back when I switched from an 
1147 to a 1300.  I had a set of Stahl headers, but they were very old 
and beat.  My frame and bellhousing had already been notched to fit 
them.  I called and talked with Jere Stahl.  Bottom line was he told me 
to call around and look for a used set  - didn't want to be bothered 
with making a new one for me.  I also tried a set of Pace headers, but 
they are for a street car and hang too far below the frame to work on a 
race car.

I ended up having a set of 4 into 1 headers custom made for me.  My 
engine builder gave the specs to the fabricator and I set him up with a 
dummy engine/gearbox./frame to work with.  It wasn't cheap, but they 
seem to work really well.   I do have an extra header flange as I had 
them cut out two just in case.  My car is HP legal, limited prep.

On 5/3/2012 9:42 AM, George Harmuth wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]