Subject: [Fot] sighting

From: "william r tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 14:08:02 -0400

Hi gang, I've got a bald eagle sitting in a tree a couple hundred yards from
my barn. Most impressive.
The bird was eating on a dead woodchuck that I shot a couple days ago, about
30 yards from the barn, saw me coming, and took off for the tree.
Great sight.
Bill
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: robert bownes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:34:44 -0400

Pretty awesome sight. We have a nesting pair that hunt in the fields behind
the house.

Now if I could only get them to deliver car parts...

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM, william r tobin <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:03:46 -0600

Neat.  At the risk of upsetting folks with a non-racing story  I saw an 
eagle once.
Well, I've seen many eagles.  The one that I remember was on the way to 
a climbing
trip in the Tetons.  I had driven most of the way from Salt Lake after a 
dead of night
start.  We got to Alpine, Wyoming just before dawn, I was tired, another 
guy took
over driving.  It might have been my old '67 Coronet wagon.  Anyway, we 
start
heading up Alpine Canyon along the Snake River.  I was trying to get 
comfy in
the back seat for a nap.  Along the way I sat up to rearrange the 
sweaters and
such I was using for a pillow and glanced out the window.  It was a 
cool, foggy
morning in the dim light of the breaking dawn.  A *huge* Golden eagle swoops
out of the mist, snags a fish from the river and disappears into the 
swirling
gray.  Beautiful!

I'm still glad that I happened to look out the window at that very moment.

mjb.