Subject: [Fot] Valve job & springs

From: "Greg Solow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:23:47 -0700

I forgot to mention,  We like to improve the oil flow to the valve gear, ie,
the top of the cylinder head.  The best way to do that is to grind a passage
that connects the two oil holes that go into the rear cam bearing housing when
the rear cam bearing not in the block. Then the bearing is pressed into place
as normal. this allows additional oil to go directly from the drilled hole
coming from the rear main bearing up into the drilling that goes up into the
head.  No external oil lines needed, and the amount of flow allowed is just
right. This it even a good thing to do on a street engine. Another way to do
this is to grind additional flats like the two original ones on the rear cam
journal. These flats connect the spiral grove on the rear cam journal and
allow more oil "metering" up to the head.
    Tony is also right about valve stem seals. Even with the added oil flow
gained by the above modifications, you do not need or want valve stem seals on
these engines.  They will just cause trouble like sticking valves!
Greg Solow
The Engine Room
Morgan & Sports Car Specialists
Santa Cruz, Calif. 95060
831 429-1800
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]