Subject: [Fot] GT6 / Spitfire and Engine

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 07:55:31 -0700 (PDT)

Talked to Ted at TSI thinking the engine block is terminal. I did tear into it a 
little farther removing the pistons and rods. #2 bearing on the rod (which is 
bent) is worn paper thin and probably gave way. 1000 pieces of the piston were 
in the oil pan, not worthy of photographs. The crank on #2 rod shows some 
damage, I think it was turned .020 last time and I'm not smart enough to know if 
this damage can be polished out, I'm guessing not. There was some pitting on the 
#2 lifter, some scorching on the outside of the #1 lifter to.. there was some 
other anomalies with a couple of the other bearings, and one or two lifters. 
Several other pistons were damaged or broken with bits and pieces of the 
destroyed piston moving throughout the engine. My knees were giving out , so 
that's where I was at last night...

I'll try to post some photos this afternoon. 

on another note, I have my 1965 Race prepared Spitfire I'm getting ready to list 
and sell on eBay if anyone is interested. It needs some attention, but is 
probably close to being ready as I was in the middle of a complete  rewiring of 
the electrical. It has a 1500 in it, two or three heads, robust chassis and roll 
cage.
$4000.00 ...
I also have a 1300 small journal engine that I rebuilt with head. Will need a 
race cam and custom pushrods to finish into a race engine. Otherwise the engine 
only had about 60,000 miles on it and the crankshaft and rods did NOT need to be 
turned so they were 0.000 (stock) bearings. I did re-sleeve the block, put 0.030 
pistons in and had the short block balanced... I've got $4000.00+ in it at this 
point... $2000.00 is a deal for somebody...   Bobby Whitehead  .... onward 
through the fog!
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]