Subject: [Fot] Re Close ratio TR 4-6 gearbox

From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 07:54:08 +1000

care! there are 2 different ratio sets. one assumes there is an overdrive
to split 3rd and 4th. the other was just a 4 speed.  I have all the ratio
charts if needed

over the past 30 years, i have broken several 3rd gear pairs from these
kits and now cyro treat all the gears. I'm down to my last new 3rd gear
pair .

The Dolomite sprint had a unique (long) input shaft which you have to cut &
shorten if you want it in a TR.  Expect to pay good money. someone in the
UK re-made a batch a few years back, so they wont be cheap. At one time,
Moss UK were selling some specially made input shafts made for TR6 with the
right ratio to match the close ratio gears. Thankfully, I still have NOS
1970's stuff from when we  worked on the race cars so i dont have to bother
with dubious quality re-makes.

Terry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]