Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 66, Issue 51-air filters

From: George Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:20:59 -0400

I was using the VB filters on street and race car for years. The VB foam
element, even with frequent cleaning, is fairly restrictive. When I was in
a situation and I was close to another car I'd pull the elements and just
run with the screens to keep the bigger bits out. Last year I switched to
K&Ns with short APT billet velocity stacks inside. It was during a double
race weekend in NJ. Saturday was run with the old VB foam cleaners and
Sunday with the Kns. I was faster (qualified 3/4 second faster, confirmed
with T&S) on Sunday and the response felt better. Day to day conditions
were similar, hot and dry, but not identical. Overall I'm happy with the
change but the design of the K&Ns make it harder pop the covers and work on
the carbs.

my 2 cents

G. Michael Harmuth
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]