Subject: [Roadsters] CSRG races at Sonoma Raceway

From: Mark Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2026 00:50:33 -0700

So I followed Alvin's recommendation and went to the CSRG classics races 
at Sonoma today. What a blast.  oodles of old racing cars in 9 classes 
and races. Open wheeled cars from the 50s, LBCs from the 60s, purpose 
built racers, Lolas, 356s, 510s and Zs, and a 67 1600 (sadly a DNF; 
don't know what happened to that cute little green thing). They are 
doing it again here in October and also at Thunderhill in Willows and 
Laguna Seca in Monterey (all northern California).  Go if you can.

Additional roadster content: I wanted to take my 69 RHD 2000 but for the 
first time it would not start and I was in too much of a hurry (running 
late) to spend the time to figure out why. On the road (with my son in 
his honda) I realized it was the first time it wouldn't leave my garage 
under its own power in the 40+ years I've had it. Yes, it's needed 
things like a clutch, starters and alternators, to be gone through 
carefully after letting it sit too long...but it always has been reliable.
Got home with the plan to sort it out tomorrow and went to hook up the 
charger as I had been running the starter a bunch trying to get it to 
go.  And saw I had knocked the wire from the distributor to the coil off 
when removing the trickle charger that AM.  Back on and it fired right 
up.  Phew.  Glad I was clumsy rather than it was mad at me.

Regards,

69 RHD fairlady 2000, more reliable than I am
Mark Miller   707-490-5834
[email-masked]

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]