Subject: [Roadsters] Who did you meet today in your roadster?

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 22:47:24 -0800

--===============4055918029038281756==

--00000000000054cf18060c5e8c94

There is a great thread started on 311s.org, about who you met while
driving your roadster. Here are a few stories/encounters that were
memorable, all starting with a drive in my roadster.

SR20s and Llamas

In 2010 I was driving my roadster towards the freeway near my home. A red
Infiniti G20 stopped at an intersection next to me and the driver started
chatting. We both replied that neither of our cars were stock and pulled
into a Jack in the Box parking lot to check our rides out. The owner
belonged to an internet forum for the G20 cars and was on his way to a G20
gathering. Later that day I would learn that he was the owner/proprietor of
G20.net!
He invited me to join him and drive the roadster to the meet, saying the
members would get a kick out of it once they saw what was under the hood.
(the Infiniti/Nissan Sentra series had SR20 drivetrains). I happily obliged.
The meeting place was waaay up in the South foothills. Great driving roads
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06055.jpg

Next thing I know I'm at a private residence. That also happens to be a
llama farm. With more than a dozen Nissan/Infiniti SR20-powered cars on the
long driveway and garage area.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06066.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06069.jpg
It was weird. But what a great group of folks.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06079.jpg

What was crazier is that an old friend was there. Scott Higashi drove his
SR20VE-powered B13 Sentra over 150miles from Northern CA to be at this
meet. It was so good to see him. He was a roadster owner many years ago. He
is wearing the hat and red shirt below. Sadly, Scott passed away in 2014,
may he rest in peace.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/higashi2.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06054.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06062.jpg

After a great BBQ (have you ever tried a llama burger?) a few of us went
for a drive on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I've met some wonderful
folks through my roadster. Let's hear your stories!

--00000000000054cf18060c5e8c94
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>There is a great thread started on <a href=3D"http://=
311s.org">311s.org</a>, about who you met while driving your roadster. Here=
 are a few stories/encounters that were memorable, all starting with a driv=
e in my roadster.</div><br>SR20s and Llamas<br><br>In 2010 I was driving my=
 roadster towards the freeway near my home. A red Infiniti G20 stopped at a=
n intersection next to me and the driver started chatting. We both replied =
that neither of our cars were stock and pulled into a Jack in the Box parki=
ng lot to check our rides out. The owner belonged to an internet forum for =
the G20 cars and was on his way to a G20 gathering. Later that day I would =
learn that he was the owner/proprietor of G20.net!<br>He invited me to join=
 him and drive the roadster to the meet, saying the members would get a kic=
k out of it once they saw what was under the hood. (the Infiniti/Nissan Sen=
tra series had SR20 drivetrains). I happily obliged.<br>The meeting place w=
as waaay up in the South foothills. Great driving roads<br><a href=3D"http:=
//www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06055.jpg">http://www.zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06055.jpg</a><br><br>Next thing I kn=
ow I&#39;m at a private residence. That also happens to be a llama farm. Wi=
th more than a dozen Nissan/Infiniti SR20-powered cars on the long driveway=
 and garage area.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/=
2021/05/DSC06066.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DS=
C06066.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/202=
1/05/DSC06069.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06=
069.jpg</a><br>It was weird. But what a great group of folks. <br><a href=
=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06079.jpg">http:/=
/www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06079.jpg</a><br><br><div>W=
hat was crazier is that an old friend was there. Scott Higashi drove his SR=
20VE-powered B13 Sentra over 150miles from Northern CA to be at this meet. =
It was so good to see him. He was a roadster owner many years ago. He is we=
aring the hat and red shirt below. Sadly, Scott passed away in 2014, may he=
 rest in peace.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/20=
21/05/higashi2.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/hig=
ashi2.jpeg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/202=
1/05/DSC06054.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06=
054.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/0=
5/DSC06062.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DSC06062=
.jpg</a><br><br><div>After a great BBQ (have you ever tried a llama burger?=
) a few of us went for a drive on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I&#39;ve =
met some wonderful folks through my roadster. Let&#39;s hear your stories!<=
br></div></div></div>

--00000000000054cf18060c5e8c94--

--===============4055918029038281756==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============4055918029038281756==--