Subject: [Roadsters] Dyno tuning Erik's stroker 1600 roadster

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 19:46:27 -0700

--===============2502317906076966798==

--0000000000002aaade05e76c6523

We had the pleasure of dyno tuning Erik's 1970 1600 roadster recently. Erik
has been with Z Car Garage for many years also having a owned and built a
560whp Infiniti G35 with us.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8002-1-1536x1116.jpeg

If you've followed Erik's restoration on 311s (
https://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=19067&start=330) you know that
the R16 was turned into a beastly Rebello 2150cc stroker with twin-Mikuni
induction:
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8011-1536x1152.jpeg

Once Erik had the car assembled he wanted to have Rob dyno tune it. It came
to us with phh40 Mikuni's but Rob always suggested using 44s. While it made
great power, a switch to 44s, optimized A/F ratio and timing yielded
157hp/151tq at the wheels:
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Erik-M-Roadster-40s-vs-44s.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8076-e1660248728181-1536x924.png

On top of the impressive power, the roadster now has improved driveability.
On a test drive with Rob I was blown away at the power delivery...from an
R16!!! Of course the sounds of the Solexes are hard to beat, enjoy this
video with dyno runs and road testing:

https://youtu.be/IKD3JSD5gCg

Super happy for Erik, what a sleeper! The restoration is equally rad.

Check out the full story here:
http://www.zcarblog.com/2022/08/29/performance/tuning-eriks-1970-datsun-roadster.html

--0000000000002aaade05e76c6523
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">We had the pleasure of dyno tuning Erik&#39;s 1970 1600 ro=
adster recently. Erik has been with Z Car Garage for many years also having=
 a owned and built a 560whp Infiniti G35 with us. <br><a href=3D"http://www=
.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8002-1-1536x1116.jpeg">http://=
www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8002-1-1536x1116.jpeg</a><b=
r><br>If you&#39;ve followed Erik&#39;s restoration on 311s (<a href=3D"htt=
ps://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3D19067&amp;start=3D330">https://w=
ww.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3D19067&amp;start=3D330</a>) you know th=
at the R16 was turned into a beastly Rebello 2150cc stroker with twin-Mikun=
i induction:<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/=
08/IMG_8011-1536x1152.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022=
/08/IMG_8011-1536x1152.jpeg</a><br><br>Once Erik had the car assembled he w=
anted to have Rob dyno tune it. It came to us with phh40 Mikuni&#39;s but R=
ob always suggested using 44s. While it made great power, a switch to 44s, =
optimized A/F ratio and timing yielded 157hp/151tq at the wheels:<br><a hre=
f=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Erik-M-Roadster-40s=
-vs-44s.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Erik-M-Road=
ster-40s-vs-44s.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/up=
loads/2022/08/IMG_8076-e1660248728181-1536x924.png">http://www.zcarblog.com=
/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_8076-e1660248728181-1536x924.png</a><br><br=
>On top of the impressive power, the roadster now has improved driveability=
. On a test drive with Rob I was blown away at the power delivery...from an=
 R16!!! Of course the sounds of the Solexes are hard to beat, enjoy this vi=
deo with dyno runs and road testing:<br><br><a href=3D"https://youtu.be/IKD=
3JSD5gCg">https://youtu.be/IKD3JSD5gCg</a><br><br>Super happy for Erik, wha=
t a sleeper! The restoration is equally rad. <br><br><br>Check out the full=
 story here:<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/2022/08/29/performance/t=
uning-eriks-1970-datsun-roadster.html">http://www.zcarblog.com/2022/08/29/p=
erformance/tuning-eriks-1970-datsun-roadster.html</a><br></div>

--0000000000002aaade05e76c6523--

--===============2502317906076966798==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============2502317906076966798==--