Subject: [Roadsters] Alex's SR-Powered Datsun Roadster

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 12:56:36 -0800

--===============3585784483788230745==

--0000000000009d8ae605d942862e

On Sunday I drove to Aptos, Ca to visit Alex and see her newly acquired
roadster.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7459.jpg

A little background on Alex and her roadster history...
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7475.jpg
Alex's Mom purchased this 1968 SRL new off the showroom floor of San Jose
Datsun! It's still in the family and Alex has stated getting it back on the
road  after sitting for years. She's doing the work herself.

In 2018 I met her at the ZONC Annual Datsun show where John Baker, Dave
Premo and myself displayed our roadsters:
https://www.zcarblog.com/2018/08/01/events/events-2018-zonc-annual-car-show.html
https://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/IMG_2423-e1532979419824-768x1024.jpg

We chatted about roadsters and kept in touch via e-mail. Alex was
considering a ready-to-drive SR20-swapped roadster to enjoy while she
restored the family's '68 SRL. Fast forward 4 years and a blue
SR20DET-powered SRL was listed here on 311s.org. I thought it was too good
to be true at $17k and informed her it could be a great deal or someone
else's nightmare. Alex ended up buying it and had it shipped from Florida!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/IMG_7374.jpg

I had to check it out so I drove my roadster over the hill to Santa Cruz to
visit Alex. This is a high windshield car with an early, low-windshield
dash swap with all the goodies S15 SR20ET with 6-speed transmission! (using
Spriso mounting kit), RX-7 rear end, Spriso 300ZX Big-Brakes, Z32 rear
brakes, 3" exhaust and upgraded turbo.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7462.jpg

225-width rear tires!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7456.jpeg

Interior
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7454.jpeg

We went for a spin in my roadster
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7444.jpeg

and then Alex's...I was impressed!
Alex took me for a spin first and right off the bat she spun the tires!
Then it was my turn. It felt really strong only at 10psi boost. I was all
smiles, just an endless rush...it was rad.

Short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAc1xcvZM8

More to come! We will get it on the dyno soon.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7458.jpg

--0000000000009d8ae605d942862e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">On Sunday I drove to Aptos, Ca to visit Alex and see her n=
ewly acquired roadster.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/up=
loads/2022/02/IMG_7459.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022=
/02/IMG_7459.jpg</a><br><br>A little background on Alex and her roadster hi=
story...<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/I=
MG_7475.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7475.jp=
g</a><br>Alex&#39;s Mom purchased this 1968 SRL new off the showroom floor =
of San Jose Datsun! It&#39;s still in the family and Alex has stated gettin=
g it back on the road =C2=A0after sitting for years. She&#39;s doing the wo=
rk herself.<br><br>In 2018 I met her at the ZONC Annual Datsun show where J=
ohn Baker, Dave Premo and myself displayed our roadsters:<br><a href=3D"htt=
ps://www.zcarblog.com/2018/08/01/events/events-2018-zonc-annual-car-show.ht=
ml">https://www.zcarblog.com/2018/08/01/events/events-2018-zonc-annual-car-=
show.html</a><br><a href=3D"https://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/201=
8/07/IMG_2423-e1532979419824-768x1024.jpg">https://www.zcarblog.com/wp-cont=
ent/uploads/2018/07/IMG_2423-e1532979419824-768x1024.jpg</a><br><br>We chat=
ted about roadsters and kept in touch via e-mail. Alex was considering a re=
ady-to-drive SR20-swapped roadster to enjoy while she restored the family&#=
39;s &#39;68 SRL. Fast forward 4 years and a blue SR20DET-powered SRL was l=
isted here on <a href=3D"http://311s.org">311s.org</a>. I thought it was to=
o good to be true at $17k and informed her it could be a great deal or some=
one else&#39;s nightmare. Alex ended up buying it and had it shipped from F=
lorida!<div><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/I=
MG_7374.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/IMG_7374.jp=
g</a><br><br><br>I had to check it out so I drove my roadster over the hill=
 to Santa Cruz to visit Alex. This is a high windshield car with an early, =
low-windshield dash swap with all the goodies S15 SR20ET with 6-speed trans=
mission! (using Spriso mounting kit), RX-7 rear end, Spriso 300ZX Big-Brake=
s, Z32 rear brakes, 3&quot; exhaust and upgraded turbo.<br><a href=3D"http:=
//www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7462.jpg">http://www.zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7462.jpg</a><br><br>225-width rear =
tires!<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG=
_7456.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7456.jpe=
g</a><br><br>Interior<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uplo=
ads/2022/02/IMG_7454.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/=
02/IMG_7454.jpeg</a><br><br>We went for a spin in my roadster<br><a href=3D=
"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7444.jpeg">http://w=
ww.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7444.jpeg</a><br><br>and the=
n Alex&#39;s...I was impressed!<br>Alex took me for a spin first and right =
off the bat she spun the tires! Then it was my turn. It felt really strong =
only at 10psi boost. I was all smiles, just an endless rush...it was rad. =
=C2=A0<br><br>Short video:<br><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D=
MZAc1xcvZM8">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMZAc1xcvZM8</a><br><br>More =
to come! We will get it on the dyno soon.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog=
.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7458.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-co=
ntent/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7458.jpg</a><br></div></div>

--0000000000009d8ae605d942862e--

--===============3585784483788230745==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============3585784483788230745==--