Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Seat belts?

From: Pat Horne via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:49:26 -0600

Paul,

I bought some 3 point belts from seatbeltsplus.com that I am getting 
ready to install. They are not retractable but they do have some that 
are. They have 2 point retractable belts starting at $50 I don't know if 
there is enough room for the retractor mechanism in a Roadster. I moved 
my seats back as far as I could, so they won't fit my car. The only 
problem I see with them is that the mounting holes are 1/2", while the 
Roadster bolts are 7/16". This shouldn't be  problem, but I may look for 
some plastic shoulder washers to make up the difference.

Peace,

Pat

On 12/21/2021 3:28 PM, Paul Kort via Datsun-roadsters wrote:
>   Looking for new seatbelts for my ;68 1600,  Would like to have 
> retracting shoulder belts and hopefully a vintage looking buckle.  But 
> on a budget.  This will never be a show car nor 'period' correct, but 
> I'd like to feel safe.  (Or as safe as can be in a 40+ year old car!)
>   So what have any of you tried?
>
>   Work on the car is progressing slowly.  Two frost bit thumbs slow me 
> down when it gets cold out there in an unheated workshop.
>
> TIA.
> Paul
> Ohio
>
> ________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]
>
>
-- 
We support Habitat for Humanity, a hand UP, not a hand OUT

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]