Subject: [Roadsters] Driving and Exploring

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 21:21:25 -0700

--===============2638686124192192379==

--000000000000f9a31005beb956c8

Joined my friend Geoff in his 1963 Lotus 7 for a day of driving. We started
off headed to Mt. Hamilton but it was just too wet/slippery. We ended up
driving up to Mt. Umunhum. The road up to the summit is so much fun we did
it twice!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1767.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1740.jpeg

I'm proud of this shot, check out the speed sign!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1805.jpeg

This video shows our ascent to the summit of Mt. Umunhum from two points of
view:
1) Following the Lotus (camera inside of Datsun)
2) Following the Datsun (camera on Lotus roll-bar)

https://youtu.be/PeFEYbtfNf0

Enjoy!

I wanted to capture how smooth and how technical it is from the park gates
to the very top. There's a bit of everything here from nice sweepers,
switchbacks and multiple connect-the-dot turn sections. The road itself is
relatively short: only 5.5 miles, but you gain ~3,500 feet of elevation.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1797.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1813.jpeg

The 7 is fun to watch, Geoff wears ballistic-spec goggles and the interior
gets littered with rocks/pebbles:
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1789.jpeg

After our fun in San Jose we split and I drove 90 miles to explore Sunol
Regional Wilderness. Another beautiful and different landscape out there.
Not a road for driving, but Welch Creek is single lane cruising.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1880.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1883.jpeg

Roadster was filthy, and in the grime a subtle design cue was
revealed...have you noticed the slight outward flare of the rear fender
near the door sill?
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1899.jpeg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1891.jpeg

It was a great day for driving and exploring!

--000000000000f9a31005beb956c8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Joined my friend Geoff in his 1963 Lotus 7 for a day of dr=
iving. We started off headed to Mt. Hamilton but it was just too wet/slippe=
ry. We ended up driving up to Mt. Umunhum. The road up to the summit is so =
much fun we did it twice!<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/=
uploads/2021/03/IMG_1767.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2=
021/03/IMG_1767.jpeg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/u=
ploads/2021/03/IMG_1740.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/20=
21/03/IMG_1740.jpeg</a><br><br>I&#39;m proud of this shot, check out the sp=
eed sign!<div><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03=
/IMG_1805.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1805=
.jpeg</a><br><br><br>This video shows our ascent to the summit of Mt. Umunh=
um from two points of view:<br>1) Following the Lotus (camera inside of Dat=
sun)<br>2) Following the Datsun (camera on Lotus roll-bar)<br><br><a href=
=3D"https://youtu.be/PeFEYbtfNf0">https://youtu.be/PeFEYbtfNf0</a><br><br>E=
njoy!<br><br>I wanted to capture how smooth and how technical it is from th=
e park gates to the very top. There&#39;s a bit of everything here from nic=
e sweepers, switchbacks and multiple connect-the-dot turn sections. The roa=
d itself is relatively short: only 5.5 miles, but you gain ~3,500 feet of e=
levation.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/=
IMG_1797.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1797.=
jpeg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/I=
MG_1813.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1813.j=
peg</a><br><br>The 7 is fun to watch, Geoff wears ballistic-spec goggles an=
d the interior gets littered with rocks/pebbles:<br><a href=3D"http://www.z=
carblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1789.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.c=
om/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1789.jpeg</a><br><br><br>After our fun in=
 San Jose we split and I drove 90 miles to explore Sunol Regional Wildernes=
s. Another beautiful and different landscape out there. Not a road for driv=
ing, but Welch Creek is single lane cruising.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1880.jpeg">http://www.zcarblog.com/=
wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1880.jpeg</a></div><div><a href=3D"http://ww=
w.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1883.jpeg">http://www.zcarblo=
g.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1883.jpeg</a><br><br></div><div>Roadst=
er was filthy, and in the grime a subtle design cue was revealed...have you=
 noticed the slight outward flare of the rear fender near the door sill?<br=
><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1899.jpe=
g">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1899.jpeg</a><br>=
<a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1891.jpeg=
">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1891.jpeg</a><br><=
br>It was a great day for driving and exploring!<br></div></div>

--000000000000f9a31005beb956c8--

--===============2638686124192192379==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============2638686124192192379==--