Subject: [Roadsters] Alternator Heat Shield Installation

From: Bob Boland via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 13:28:56 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2318042175541877528==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0572_01D639AA.EF6DC3A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0572_01D639AA.EF6DC3A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi All,

I have a 68 2000 that still has the alternator on the driver side. I have
the heat shield intended to protect the alternator from the heat of the
exhaust manifold, and I checked and it appears to be the right part number
(14041-25601). However I can't figure out how to install it. Perhaps I'm
missing another bracket (I had to fabricate the manifold brace from an old
tracing). Can anyone help with a photo of one correctly installed, or point
me toward a more detailed drawing?

Thanks, Bob Boland

1968 2000 Solex

------=_NextPart_000_0572_01D639AA.EF6DC3A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi All,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have a 68 =
2000 that still has the alternator on the driver side. I have the heat =
shield intended to protect the alternator from the heat of the exhaust =
manifold, and I checked and it appears to be the right part number =
(14041-25601). However I can&#8217;t figure out how to install it. =
Perhaps I&#8217;m missing another bracket (I had to fabricate the =
manifold brace from an old tracing). Can anyone help with a photo of one =
correctly installed, or point me toward a more detailed =
drawing?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks, Bob Boland<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>1968 2000 =
Solex<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0572_01D639AA.EF6DC3A0--

--===============2318042175541877528==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============2318042175541877528==--