Subject: [Roadsters] Time for my car to come back from a long sleep, some help needed

From: Mark Miller via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 16:33:02 -0700

Hi. I've been remiss on keeping my roadster on the road, and it is time 
to fix this.  It's been 4 or 5 years . . .
It's last nap of more than a year ended when I had someone replace the 
clutch and also tidied up a bunch of other things it needed, back in 
2001 or so.  That worked out so well, with the car running beautifully 
afterwards that I'd like to do it again.  If only I remembered who did 
it. . .  If I had better records and/or brain I'd know who it was and 
have contact info but I know I can ask this list who will of course be 
able to figure it out. I have a receipt but it doesn't show a name or 
contact info.

It was someone in Lake county who came and towed my car back to their 
shop, did his magic, and then brought it back (or maybe I went and 
picked it up?).  I was in Alameda at the time.  For a bonus: I've since 
moved to Sebastopol, so it is a much shorter commute.  I understand that 
this was 19 years ago, but we are all crazy (in a good way) on this list 
and the likelihood of them still playing with our little cars is pretty 
good.

It ran when I parked it (yeah right, everyone says that... but for real 
here).  Now it (at least) needs the hydraulics and fuel system/carbs 
wrung out, probably some more as well. And I need to get it new tires 
before it can be moved around at all, 2 are flat/rotted and all are 
showing cracking.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
[email-masked]
69 RHD 2000, w solexes and a factory hardtop

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Miller via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 12:31:51 -0700

Many many thanks to all who filled in the missing section of my brain.  
Mike Young has been contacted.  Hope to see some of you on the road this 
summer.

On 5/10/2020 4:33 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Hi. I've been remiss on keeping my roadster on the road, and it is 
> time to fix this.  It's been 4 or 5 years . . .
> picked it up?).  I was in Alameda at the time.  For a bonus: I've 
> since moved to Sebastopol, so it is a much shorter commute.  I 
> understand that this was 19 years ago, but we are all crazy (in a good 
> way) on this list and the likelihood of them still playing with our 
> little cars is pretty good.
>
> It ran when I parked it (yeah right, everyone says that... but for 
> real here).  Now it (at least) needs the hydraulics and fuel 
> system/carbs wrung out, probably some more as well. And I need to get 
> it new tires before it can be moved around at all, 2 are flat/rotted 
> and all are showing cracking.
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Miller   707-490-5834