Subject: [Roadsters] My Optima battery finally died

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:05:04 -0800

--===============1802651865317289416==

--000000000000a8ed0e059c4836c3

After 17 years, the Optima battery in my roadster finally died.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_0789-e1579205309617.jpg

It happened to me at the best possible place and time: Leaving DWA Cars &
Coffee :(
Turned the ignition and the gauges worked but no crank. Thankfully I was
carrying (2!) jump packs and I was able to jump start.

Last weekend I visited the shop to get a new battery.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_0790.jpg

Just a simple 51R, same size ( a bit lighter than the Optima). Braille
battery coming once we re-locate.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_0822-e1579205578788.jpg

--000000000000a8ed0e059c4836c3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">After 17 years, the Optima battery in my roadster finally =
died.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_=
0789-e1579205309617.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01=
/IMG_0789-e1579205309617.jpg</a><br><br>It happened to me at the best possi=
ble place and time: Leaving DWA Cars &amp; Coffee :(<br>Turned the ignition=
 and the gauges worked but no crank. Thankfully I was carrying (2!) jump pa=
cks and I was able to jump start.<br><br>Last weekend I visited the shop to=
 get a new battery.<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/upload=
s/2020/01/IMG_0790.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/=
IMG_0790.jpg</a><br><br>Just a simple 51R, same size ( a bit lighter than t=
he Optima). Braille battery coming once we re-locate.<br><a href=3D"http://=
www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_0822-e1579205578788.jpg">ht=
tp://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_0822-e1579205578788.jp=
g</a><br></div>

--000000000000a8ed0e059c4836c3--

--===============1802651865317289416==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============1802651865317289416==--

---

From: Pete via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:18:44 -0800

--===============0907606165289943948==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--===============0907606165289943948==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0907606165289943948==--