Subject: [Roadsters] Sunday Fun Run Pictures (and video!)

From: Alvin Gogineni via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:46:35 -0800

--===============3213554685201780869==

--000000000000834c290597ce25c0

My report from Sunday's Fun Run, full picture gallery on the blog:

https://www.zcarblog.com/2019/11/17/featured-cars-and-projects/datsun-roadster-fun-run-11-17-19.html
If you missed this one, no worries I will organize more!, enjoy!

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP5997resize-1.jpg

On Sunday I joined 6 other roadsters for a drive in the North Bay. I left
San Jose ~7:45am and it was very foggy. On the freeway it was actually
quite wet like rain, not a good sign as I thought the weather would be
worse going to North.
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8470-e1574285209848.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8477.jpg

As I approached San Francisco the fog disappeared, revealing the city
Skyline and iconic Golden Gate Bridge. I was excited to see everyone and do
some driving.

Meeting point: Fort Baker 9am

I arrived to see 6 roadsters already lined up against the GG Bridge and
clear sky. It was really fortunate that weather was amazing....usually this
time of year the GG bridge is shrouded in fog!

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8486-e1574233759700.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8493.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8519.jpg
We chatted for a bit and I consulted with Jerry about staging the cars for
quick photoshoot. He's a talented photographer and you can see his
positioning and composition created some spectacular shots.

The cars:

Dan's 1970 1600. Dan owns three roadsters and this one is completely stock:

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP60031resize.jpg

Mike's 1967 2000, #0072:

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6041resize-1024x668.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8491-1024x768.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8674.jpg
Andy's 1969 1600, looking great on stock wheels and whitewall tires:

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6030resize.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8502.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8671.jpg
Pat's 1969 1600. Pat has swapped in a 2L/5-speed drivetrain from the 2000
model. Note the factory roll-bar:

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6023resize.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8544.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8703-e1574139535821.jpg
You can see Pat's rear reflector mod...these light up now!
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8645.jpg

Jerry's 1969 2000. This SRL caught my attention as soon as Jerry started
the fire-breathing Solex-carb'd U20. Make sure you watch the video below to
hear it rev. Note the pretty Longchamp XR-4 wheels:

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6016resize.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8506.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8510.jpg

Scott's 1967 1600. I met Scott back in Aprril at the 2019 Solvang Datsun
Roadster Show and admired this full frame-off restoration. Stunning paint
and a nice interior with carbon fiber touches. Power is from a modified
1600 engine now displacing 2L...powerful! Note the full stainless exhaust
(and hear it in the video below!)

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6010resize.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8514.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8677.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8676-e1574114400418.jpg

We got each owner next to their roadster and a nice group photo. Big thanks
to Jerry for the camera work.

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP5990resize2-e1574131456224.jpg
Our leader Dano was anxious to get moving to avoid tourist traffic so we
rolled out. We were also joined by fellow roadster owners Eric (in his NA
Miata) and Will (in his E30 M3). The next 4 hours was a mix of
ever-changing scenery that was new to me. From Downtown Sausalito to twisty
HWY1, ribbons of road winding through forest and

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8587-1024x768.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8634-1024x768.jpg
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8639-1-e1574284677760.jpg
http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8686-1024x768.jpg

Stop #1: Limatour Beach

Quick stop close to the coastline and back through the forest...
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8651.jpg
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8664.jpg

Stop #2: Lunch at Tony's Seafood Restaurant in Marshall:

https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8692.jpg
I had a tasty Fried Oyster P0' Boy
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8693.jpg
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8699.jpg

After lunch, some parted ways while Dano, Pat, Will and myself headed to
Nicasio Reservoir back to 101. Pat and I rode together for a stretch of
freeway heading home.
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8680.jpg
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8708.jpg
https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8723.jpg

I had a blast driving with everyone. Thanks to all that came out and thanks
to Dano for leading!
Here is a video of the sights and sounds, enjoy!
In this video:

-When I heard Jerry fire up his Solex-equipped 2000 I knew I had to capture
the sound, so you will hear him revving

-staging of cars for the individual shots in front of the GG (Mike's 67 SRL
and Andy's 69 SPL

-Scott demonstrating the lovely Jim Tyler exhaust on his stroked SPL

-leaving Sausalito and winding up HWY 1 through Stinson, Pt. Reyes and
Limatour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c08Luibd6QQ&amp;t=1s

--000000000000834c290597ce25c0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My report from Sunday&#39;s Fun Run, full picture gallery =
on the blog:<br><br><a href=3D"https://www.zcarblog.com/2019/11/17/featured=
-cars-and-projects/datsun-roadster-fun-run-11-17-19.html">https://www.zcarb=
log.com/2019/11/17/featured-cars-and-projects/datsun-roadster-fun-run-11-17=
-19.html</a><div>If you missed this one, no worries I will organize more!, =
enjoy!</div><div><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/=
2019/11/JNP5997resize-1.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/201=
9/11/JNP5997resize-1.jpg</a><br><br>On Sunday I joined 6 other roadsters fo=
r a drive in the North Bay. I left San Jose ~7:45am and it was very foggy. =
On the freeway it was actually quite wet like rain, not a good sign as I th=
ought the weather would be worse going to North.<br><a href=3D"http://www.z=
carblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8470-e1574285209848.jpg">http://=
www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8470-e1574285209848.jpg</a>=
<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8477.=
jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8477.jpg</a><br=
><br>As I approached San Francisco the fog disappeared, revealing the city =
Skyline and iconic Golden Gate Bridge. I was excited to see everyone and do=
 some driving.<br><br>Meeting point: Fort Baker 9am<br><br>I arrived to see=
 6 roadsters already lined up against the GG Bridge and clear sky. It was r=
eally fortunate that weather was amazing....usually this time of year the G=
G bridge is shrouded in fog!<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-c=
ontent/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8486-e1574233759700.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com=
/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8486-e1574233759700.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"h=
ttp://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8493.jpg">http://www.=
zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8493.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http=
://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8519.jpg">http://www.zca=
rblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8519.jpg</a><br>We chatted for a b=
it and I consulted with Jerry about staging the cars for quick photoshoot. =
He&#39;s a talented photographer and you can see his positioning and compos=
ition created some spectacular shots.<br><br>The cars:<br><br>Dan&#39;s 197=
0 1600. Dan owns three roadsters and this one is completely stock:<br><br><=
a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP60031resize=
.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP60031resize.jpg=
</a><br><br>Mike&#39;s 1967 2000, #0072:<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarb=
log.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6041resize-1024x668.jpg">http://www.z=
carblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6041resize-1024x668.jpg</a><br><a=
 href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8491-1024x7=
68.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8491-1024x76=
8.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/=
IMG_8674.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8674.j=
pg</a><br>Andy&#39;s 1969 1600, looking great on stock wheels and whitewall=
 tires:<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/1=
1/JNP6030resize.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP=
6030resize.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads=
/2019/11/IMG_8502.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/I=
MG_8502.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/20=
19/11/IMG_8671.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_=
8671.jpg</a><br>Pat&#39;s 1969 1600. Pat has swapped in a 2L/5-speed drivet=
rain from the 2000 model. Note the factory roll-bar:<br><br><a href=3D"http=
://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6023resize.jpg">http://ww=
w.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6023resize.jpg</a><br><a href=
=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8544.jpg">http:/=
/www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8544.jpg</a><br><a href=3D=
"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8703-e1574139535821=
.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8703-e15741395=
35821.jpg</a><br>You can see Pat&#39;s rear reflector mod...these light up =
now!<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8=
645.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8645.jpg</a=
><br><br>Jerry&#39;s 1969 2000. This SRL caught my attention as soon as Jer=
ry started the fire-breathing Solex-carb&#39;d U20. Make sure you watch the=
 video below to hear it rev. Note the pretty Longchamp XR-4 wheels:<br><br>=
<a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6016resize=
.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6016resize.jpg<=
/a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_85=
06.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8506.jpg</a>=
<br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8510.=
jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8510.jpg</a><br=
><br>Scott&#39;s 1967 1600. I met Scott back in Aprril at the 2019 Solvang =
Datsun Roadster Show and admired this full frame-off restoration. Stunning =
paint and a nice interior with carbon fiber touches. Power is from a modifi=
ed 1600 engine now displacing 2L...powerful! Note the full stainless exhaus=
t (and hear it in the video below!)<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.c=
om/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6010resize.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp=
-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP6010resize.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zca=
rblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8514.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/=
wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8514.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarbl=
og.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8677.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-=
content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8677.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.=
com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8676-e1574114400418.jpg">http://www.zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8676-e1574114400418.jpg</a><br><br>=
We got each owner next to their roadster and a nice group photo. Big thanks=
 to Jerry for the camera work.<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp=
-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP5990resize2-e1574131456224.jpg">http://www.zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/JNP5990resize2-e1574131456224.jpg</a><b=
r>Our leader Dano was anxious to get moving to avoid tourist traffic so we =
rolled out. We were also joined by fellow roadster owners Eric (in his NA M=
iata) and Will (in his E30 M3). The next 4 hours was a mix of ever-changing=
 scenery that was new to me. From Downtown Sausalito to twisty HWY1, ribbon=
s of road winding through forest and<br><br><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.=
com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8587-1024x768.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.c=
om/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8587-1024x768.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"http:=
//www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8634-1024x768.jpg">http:/=
/www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8634-1024x768.jpg</a><br><=
a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8639-1-e15742=
84677760.jpg">https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8639-1-e1=
574284677760.jpg</a></div><div><a href=3D"http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-conten=
t/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8686-1024x768.jpg">http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content=
/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8686-1024x768.jpg</a><br><br>Stop #1: Limatour Beach<b=
r><br>Quick stop close to the coastline and back through the forest...<br><=
a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8651.jpg">htt=
ps://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8651.jpg</a><br><a href=3D=
"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8664.jpg">https://zcar=
blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8664.jpg</a><br><br><br>Stop #2: Lu=
nch at Tony&#39;s Seafood Restaurant in Marshall:<br><br><a href=3D"https:/=
/zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8692.jpg">https://zcarblog.com=
/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8692.jpg</a><br>I had a tasty Fried Oyster =
P0&#39; Boy<br><a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/I=
MG_8693.jpg">https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8693.jpg</=
a><br><a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8699.j=
pg">https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8699.jpg</a><br><br=
>After lunch, some parted ways while Dano, Pat, Will and myself headed to N=
icasio Reservoir back to 101. Pat and I rode together for a stretch of free=
way heading home.<br><a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/201=
9/11/IMG_8680.jpg">https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8680=
.jpg</a><br><a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_=
8708.jpg">https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8708.jpg</a><=
br><a href=3D"https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8723.jpg"=
>https://zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_8723.jpg</a><br><br>I =
had a blast driving with everyone. Thanks to all that came out and thanks t=
o Dano for leading!<br>Here is a video of the sights and sounds, enjoy!<br>=
In this video:<br><br>-When I heard Jerry fire up his Solex-equipped 2000 I=
 knew I had to capture the sound, so you will hear him revving<br><br>-stag=
ing of cars for the individual shots in front of the GG (Mike&#39;s 67 SRL =
and Andy&#39;s 69 SPL<br><br>-Scott demonstrating the lovely Jim Tyler exha=
ust on his stroked SPL<br><br>-leaving Sausalito and winding up HWY 1 throu=
gh Stinson, Pt. Reyes and Limatour<br><br><br><a href=3D"https://www.youtub=
e.com/watch?v=3Dc08Luibd6QQ&amp;amp;t=3D1s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
=3Dc08Luibd6QQ&amp;amp;t=3D1s</a><br></div></div>

--000000000000834c290597ce25c0--

--===============3213554685201780869==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============3213554685201780869==--