Subject: [Roadsters] Fuel pressure regulator?

From: John Stromgren via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:29:05 -0400

--===============6462582514522996749==

--0000000000008891900590156bcb

Hey, All.

Putting my engine back together after a rebuild, I come back to the fuel
pressure regulator question.  I've got an old "Profuel" that was installed
close to the carbs - the dial knob on the top broke off years ago, and I
never really paid it any attention.

But now that I'm putting in fresh fuel lines, do I really need a
regulator?  What are other people using?

John
SRL311-14061
Portsmouth, NH

--0000000000008891900590156bcb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hey, All.<div><br></div><div>Putting my engine back togeth=
er after a rebuild, I come back to the fuel pressure regulator question.=C2=
=A0 I&#39;ve got an old &quot;Profuel&quot; that was installed close to the=
 carbs - the dial knob on the top broke off years ago, and I never really p=
aid it any attention.</div><div><br></div><div>But now that I&#39;m putting=
 in fresh fuel lines, do I really need a regulator?=C2=A0 What are other pe=
ople using?</div><div><br></div><div>John</div><div>SRL311-14061</div><div>=
Portsmouth, NH</div></div>

--0000000000008891900590156bcb--

--===============6462582514522996749==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

--===============6462582514522996749==--

---

From: RWM via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:49:16 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1158040494983830511==
 boundary="------------FF824D5EDFA4DFBF7CF9E732"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------FF824D5EDFA4DFBF7CF9E732
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

John,

I bypassed/removed/blanked-off the OEM mechanical fuel pump for a frame 
rail-mounted, regulated 4 psi Carter P60405 inline rotary pump to the 
Solexes.

No separate regulator.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex

On 8/14/2019 11:29 AM, John Stromgren via Datsun-roadsters wrote:
> Hey, All.
>
> Putting my engine back together after a rebuild, I come back to the 
> fuel pressure regulator question.  I've got an old "Profuel" that was 
> installed close to the carbs - the dial knob on the top broke off 
> years ago, and I never really paid it any attention.
>

--------------FF824D5EDFA4DFBF7CF9E732
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000066" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>John,</p>
    <p>I bypassed/removed/blanked-off the OEM mechanical fuel pump for a
      frame rail-mounted, regulated 4 psi Carter P60405 inline rotary
      pump to the Solexes.</p>
    <p>No separate regulator.</p>
    <p>- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/14/2019 11:29 AM, John Stromgren
      via Datsun-roadsters wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CA+wH==[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">Hey, All.
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Putting my engine back together after a rebuild, I come
          back to the fuel pressure regulator question.  I've got an old
          "Profuel" that was installed close to the carbs - the dial
          knob on the top broke off years ago, and I never really paid
          it any attention.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>But now that I'm putting in fresh fuel lines, do I really
          need a regulator?  What are other people using?</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>John</div>
        <div>SRL311-14061</div>
        <div>Portsmouth, NH</div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------FF824D5EDFA4DFBF7CF9E732--

--===============1158040494983830511==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1158040494983830511==--