Subject: Re: [Roadsters]1969 (?) Roadster on Craig’s List in Grand Prairie, TX

From: Paul Courson via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 16:04:57 -0500

Gary, as I mentioned before, thanks for re-posting these listings to
this national Roadster email reflector. It's nice to keep tabs on the
market around the country, even if I'm long past buying one myself.
(current one bought in '84, first one bought in '76, blah-blah-blah)

Curious to see a possible year discrepancy to the old side.  I think
all the mismatched ones I've ever seen were manufactured a year before
the title/sale.  Not that it matters to this group, since we know the
secret paleontology for an accurate year.

This gives me a chance to wish you and everyone on here the best for 2019.

Regards

Paul

On 12/28/18, Gary McCormick via Datsun-roadsters
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/grand-prairie-1968-datsun/6781387872.html
>
> The ad states, simply, “1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster unique collectible”.
>
> Based on evidence of teardrop front side marker lamps and round rear side
> marker lamps, it’s actually a ’69. Real rough, incomplete, no mention (or
> evidence) of condition (or presence) of a drivetrain; definitely a “bring a
> trailer” deal.
>
> Gary McCormick
> ’70 2000 SRL311-13291
> San José, CA
>
>
>
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

---

From: RWM via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 16:14:04 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1614172979703926842==
 boundary="------------48BA112C481B5A7F89E2D5C3"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------48BA112C481B5A7F89E2D5C3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

"SRL311-08053" with an R16 installed.

(Small world: I had an R16 and 4-speed trans stolen from a Grand 
Prairie, TX garage, in 1980.)

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex

On 12/28/2018 3:56 AM, Gary McCormick via Datsun-roadsters wrote:
> Based on evidence of teardrop front side marker lamps and round rear 
> side marker lamps, it’s actually a ’69. Real rough, incomplete, no 
> mention (or evidence) of condition (or presence) of a drivetrain; 
> definitely a “bring a trailer” deal.
>
> Gary McCormick
> ’70 2000 SRL311-13291
> San José, CA

--------------48BA112C481B5A7F89E2D5C3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000066" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>"SRL311-08053" with an R16 installed. <br>
    </p>
    <p>(Small world: I had an R16 and 4-speed trans stolen from a Grand
      Prairie, TX garage, in 1980.)  <br>
    </p>
    <p>- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/28/2018 3:56 AM, Gary McCormick
      via Datsun-roadsters wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/grand-prairie-1968-datsun/6781387872.html">https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/grand-prairie-1968-datsun/6781387872.html</a><br>
      </p>
      <p>The ad states, simply, “<span style="caret-color: rgb(34, 34,
          34); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: &quot;Bitstream Vera
          Serif&quot;, &quot;Times New Roman&quot;, serif; font-size:
          medium; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
          font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto;
          text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
          white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
          -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
          0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration:
          none; display: inline !important; float: none;">1968 Datsun
          Fairlady Roadster unique collectible”.</span></p>
      <p><span style="caret-color: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(34, 34,
          34); font-family: &quot;Bitstream Vera Serif&quot;,
          &quot;Times New Roman&quot;, serif; font-size: medium;
          font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight:
          normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
          start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
          normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
          -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
          0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration:
          none; display: inline !important; float: none;">Based on
          evidence of teardrop front side marker lamps and round rear
          side marker lamps, it’s actually a ’69. Real rough,
          incomplete, no mention (or evidence) of condition (or
          presence) of a drivetrain; definitely a “bring a trailer”
          deal.</span></p>
      <span style="caret-color: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(34, 34, 34);
        font-family: &quot;Bitstream Vera Serif&quot;, &quot;Times New
        Roman&quot;, serif; font-size: medium; font-style: normal;
        font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing:
        normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
        text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
        word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255,
        255); text-decoration: none; display: inline !important; float:
        none;">Gary McCormick</span><br>
      <span style="caret-color: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(34, 34, 34);
        font-family: &quot;Bitstream Vera Serif&quot;, &quot;Times New
        Roman&quot;, serif; font-size: medium; font-style: normal;
        font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing:
        normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
        text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
        word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255,
        255); text-decoration: none; display: inline !important; float:
        none;">’70 2000 SRL311-13291</span><br>
      <span style="caret-color: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(34, 34, 34);
        font-family: &quot;Bitstream Vera Serif&quot;, &quot;Times New
        Roman&quot;, serif; font-size: medium; font-style: normal;
        font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing:
        normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
        text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
        word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255,
        255); text-decoration: none; display: inline !important; float:
        none;">San José, CA</span></blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------48BA112C481B5A7F89E2D5C3--

--===============1614172979703926842==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1614172979703926842==--

---

From: Paul Kort via Datsun-roadsters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 16:46:41 -0500

--===============8305596309100927613==

--0000000000003453c7057e1c002c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

  "Real rough" might be the understatement for 2018!  Looks like it might
be good as a $200 parts car, =E2=80=A6.if you needed a winter project.

Paul
Ohio

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 4:06 PM Gary McCormick via Datsun-roadsters <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/grand-prairie-1968-datsun/6781387=
872.html
>
> The ad states, simply, =E2=80=9C1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster unique coll=
ectible=E2=80=9D.
> marker lamps, it=E2=80=99s actually a =E2=80=9969. Real rough, incomplete=
, no mention (or
> evidence) of condition (or presence) of a drivetrain; definitely a =E2=80=
=9Cbring a
> trailer=E2=80=9D deal.
> Gary McCormick
> =E2=80=9970 2000 SRL311-13291
> San Jos=C3=A9, CA
>
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/paulsdatsunstuff@g=
mail.com

--0000000000003453c7057e1c002c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>=C2=A0 &quot;Real rough&quot; might be the understate=
ment for 2018!=C2=A0 Looks like it might be good as a $200 parts car, =E2=
=80=A6.if you needed a winter project.</div><div><br></div><div>Paul</div><=
div>Ohio</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Fri,=
 Dec 28, 2018 at 4:06 PM Gary McCormick via Datsun-roadsters &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px=
 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-l=
eft-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">
 =20

   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <p><a href=3D"https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/grand-prairie-196=
8-datsun/6781387872.html" target=3D"_blank">https://dallas.craigslist.org/m=
df/cto/d/grand-prairie-1968-datsun/6781387872.html</a><br>
    </p>
    <p>The ad states, simply, =E2=80=9C<span>1968 Datsun Fairlady
        Roadster unique collectible=E2=80=9D.</span></p>
    <p><span>Based on evidence of teardrop front side marker lamps and
        round rear side marker lamps, it=E2=80=99s actually a =E2=80=9969. =
Real rough,
        incomplete, no mention (or evidence) of condition (or presence)
        of a drivetrain; definitely a =E2=80=9Cbring a trailer=E2=80=9D dea=
l.</span></p>
    <span>Gary McCormick</span><br>
    <span>=E2=80=9970 2000 SRL311-13291</span><br>
    <span>San Jos=C3=A9, CA<br>
    </span><br>
    <span></span>
    <p><span><br>
      </span></p>
    <span></span>
    <p><span></span></p>
  </div>

________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">datsun=
[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters" target=
=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadste=
rs</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadst=
ers/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]=
</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000003453c7057e1c002c--

--===============8305596309100927613==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8305596309100927613==--