Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 19:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

Tim ,

  I appreciate your response and connection to Bill to contact me .Since 
I never got a Team Forum mail ,I wondered how
he got the message .I think I may have got my digest forum a week later 
with a response from you about a head that has cut ....
Don't even know what the dialog was ,as auto cross must me goofy ... 
Yes , Bill has contacted me and we are corresponding ,however not on a 
Stock engine or parts . I have a customer that bought Bauhn's Race car 
and is having me do the
rebuild /re-assembly.
  Since Bill has been recently racing the R-16 ,I have been looking for 
some input from others besides Colonel Joe's notes .

  As far as the stock head customer , I have moved on with a head the 
customer had supplied me with  ,that I originally had not thought was a 
candidate. He green lighted the use of a smog head after the lack of 
affordable early candidates .
  Because that head was a Smog head and had what appeared to be a valve 
job ,it was put in the last resort to use . On close examination however 
,it turns out to have been a New Datsun replacement head done sometime 
in the engines past it came from . Only the valves were cut ,not the 
seats ,since they were new . The guides are in good shape and it has 
only been cut .005 .It has a different aluminum casting look ,like the 
U-20 remake heads of the mid 80's . At this point it has passed pressure 
check ,so I'm off
to ordering parts to get machine work and the engine Rebuilt .Unless a 
good early head comes around soon , this is going on it for now .

Thanks for your help ,
Steve

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Tim . wrote:

  I forwarded your email to Bill. He told me he sent an email to your 
charter.net email address.

Do you STILL need an R16 head? I've still got the one we talked about 
last month but, based on what you said that day, I think it needs more 
work than you want to put into it. I can still sell it to you if you 
want.

tim

> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 00:43:47 -0400 From: [email-masked] 
> To: [email-masked] Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 
> Datsun-roadsters
>   Looking for Bill Wessel  . Please contact me off line or if anybody 
> knows how to get in touch with him . Thanks , Steve Ehlers Rising Sun 
> Performance Inc. Fort Worth ,Texas 817-731-6092
> [email-masked] ________________________________________
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]