Subject: [Roadsters] Brake troubles

From: Greg Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:35:17 -0700

Finally got my 67 1600 on the road after a bit over a 2 year build. I am using
a single master cyl system. When I apply and release the brakes the front
calipers still continue to grip. After driving a mile or so the brakes seize
full on. I cracked the bleed screw on the master cyl. and they release.
There's probably a simply solution, at this point I don't see it. Any
thoughts?
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:30:01 -0400 (EDT)

You are most likely short on petal free play. You either have the later  
adjustable push rod or you can add spacers between the master and the 
firewall.  If the Master is not allowed to fully release the port to the reservoir 
is not  uncovered and pressure will build in the system as it warms up.
 
keith

In a message dated 6/16/2014 7:26:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Finally  got my 67 1600 on the road after a bit over a 2 year build. I am 
using
a  single master cyl system. When I apply and release the brakes the  front
calipers still continue to grip. After driving a mile or so the  brakes 
seize
full on. I cracked the bleed screw on the master cyl. and they  release.
There's probably a simply solution, at this point I don't see it.  Any
thoughts?
________________________________________

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]
________________________________________

---

From: John F Sandhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:44:30 -0700

> There's probably a simply solution, at this point I don't see it. Any

Your brake pedal isn't fully releasing.
When the pedal is up, there should be just a little bit of slop in
the pushrod-to-cylinder. Are you missing the return spring (pedal
to bracket under dash)?

Could be other issues within the master cylinder, but check this
before digging any deeper.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   [email-masked]   Sacramento, CA
________________________________________