Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 69 Datsun Air Conditioning

From: "Pat Horne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 12:04:34 -0500

There is a radiator hose from some car that can be cut down for a cowl hose.
Don't have the number written down, but have a hose w/tag if number is
needed.

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Datsun-roadsters [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Kevin B
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 10:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roadsters] 69 Datsun Air Conditioning

<snip>

I found a radiator hose which replaces the cowl drain vent hose at CarQuest
for under $16 - can probably find part # if anyone needs it.

Thanks everyone -

Kevin
Upland,CA
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]
m
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

---

From: John F Sandhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 21:15:51 -0700

Kevin reports:
> John there is no second groove on the crank pulley...

And Kevin is correct. Thank you, Kevin...

On the smog-laden engines, Keven is correct that there's a single
groove on the 2L balancer. The same holds true for the crank pulley
on a 1600. That belt drives the water pump/fan and alternator. There
is a second groove on the water pump pulley and the air pump is driven
off that groove.

Since Nissan felt this was good enough to drive the air pump, I'll back
off on my earlier statement of avoiding it for the A/C compressor.

Interestingly, on my 1600 the rear groove drove the smog pump, on
my 2L the front groove was used.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff [email-masked]  Sacramento, CA
________________________________________