Subject: [Roadsters] Posi-Lock Wire Connectors

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:21:51 -0500

It seems that the subject of connecting wires in our various toys recycles
through the lists. Back around Easter I picked up a very nice '98 F150
extended cab (Yes, I bought a Ford!). The factory stereo and speakers had
seen better days so I logged onto my favorite car stereo site, Crutchfield.
com, and started digging around. I picked out a mid line Alpine head unit
and a pair of 5 x 7 Alpine coaxial speakers for the front doors. Figured I
could replace the rear speakers later if I wanted.

When I called Crutchfield to order the bits, the sales rep I talked to
suggested I also get a package of Posi-Lock connectors to connect the
Alpine harness to the Metra adapter harness that's part of the freebies you
usually get dealing with Crutchfield. The Posi-Locks
(*http://tinyurl.com/njlsbft
<http://tinyurl.com/njlsbft>*) are great. Although they look a little like
regular wirenuts, they're far easier to use and far more secure. Well worth
$7.00 for a package of 16. They're also much better and easier to use than
crimp-on connectors, and quicker and easier than soldering.

For other uses there are several styles and sizes included a Posi-Tap,
which does just what the name implies except it just pokes a hole in the
insulation to make contact instead of spliting the insulation and (usually)
some of the wire strands like a Scotch-Loc connector does.Check them out at
(http://www.posi-lock.com/).

This suggestion added another reason I like dealing with Crutchfield, for
car stereos anyway.
Their prices aren't the lowest, but they are competitive, especially when
one considers the wiring harness adapters for purchased radios and speakers
included for free, along with adapters to mount the radio. The installation
instructions included lists the tools needed and their customer and tech
support is about the best I've come across.

Unfortunately they don't offer installation kits for 510s, Roadsters or
early Z-Cars.

FWIW,
Ron
________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/[email-masked]

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:10:50 -0500

when I restored/modified my 67 roadster, I built my own wiring harness.  I 
used http://www.vintageconnections.com/ for connections.  I love them!
________________________________________