Subject: [CDO] Bubble Bubble CDO Bubble 1900 - 1905" <curved-dash-olds.autox.team.net>

From: Roger Garnett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:34:44 -0400

Greetings all

With my car now running better and all, on Saturday we had a great picnic
outing my and Randy's '03 CDO's. It was a hot and steamy day, and we did
get hit with a brief shower during lunch (Big old oaks make great
shelters.), and a bit stronger burst as we prepared to depart.

A couple photos of the cars, and water pump:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3F5AC33088AA48E2!415817&authkey=!AIUvp3zSZXakSV8&ithint=folder%2cjpg

One thing I found is that when I stop after about a 5 mile run, the water
in the coolant tank boils for a couple of minutes. Even tho it was a hot
day, and it has original Olds cooling path (no head modification), it seems
like it shouldn't boil that readily. I've checked the flow, and nothing
seems restricted. I see two likely possibilities:

1) The water pump isn't doing much.
2) The engine is running extra hot for some other reason.

I'm thinking the water pump may be doing a sub-par job, and should be
removed & renovated. It looks like taking off the water lines and loosening
the big nut is what it takes, but doesn't look like there is a lot of
clearance between the pump and side of the body to remove it.

Can anyone tell me if this style pump (Late '03, see picture)  can be
removed with the body in place?
Is this a simple pump to rebuild?

-- 
Roger Garnett
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Curved-dash-olds mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/curved-dash-olds