Subject: [Buick-rover-v8] TR8 front wire harness <buick-rover-v8.autox.team.net>

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:00:42 -0800 (PST)

I am new to this email list, so please excuse my ignorance. I am looking for a
source for a front wire harness for a 1980 Triumph TR8. Does anyone know where
I can find one already made? I am not new to Triumphs, but before getting this
TR8, I have only seen them in pictures. I am very excited to work on this car
and to get it back on the road. I was laying under it, just getting to know
it, when I noticed an exposed wire by the catalytic converter. I pulled the
cat off, and expose the wires so I could see what the deal was. It seems that
there is a bunch of heat generating from the cat and sending it up towards
this wire harness. It has heated it up so many times, and for so long, that it
haas made the wire sheathing very brittle and has even burned some of the
wires through completely. We have only tried to turn this car over one time
for a few seconds with nothing going to the fuel filter. The electric fuel
pump does not even turn on. I am suspecting
 that this wire harness is the problem. If it is not, it is a good place to
start repairs on this beauty. If you can help, let me know...Thank you!  
Shawn Frank 515-339-4228
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:04:31 GMT

Shawn,I haven't seen any other replies yet but I will give it a go.What you
have found isn't uncommon.  I believe the portion of the harness involved that
includes the starter, oil pressure sensor and ultimately power feed to the
fuel pump is available.  I think one of the vendors is British Wiring
(http://www.britishwiring.com/). You can likely peruse the archives (link
below) and find plenty of info - part # etc.Some folks have come up with
various ways to protect the wiring after the repair. Good luck,Matt

AGE RES PROPRIAS TUAS

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Buick-rover-v8] TR8 front wire harness
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:00:42 -0800 (PST)

I am new to this email list, so please excuse my ignorance. I am looking for
a
source for a front wire harness for a 1980 Triumph TR8. Does anyone know
where
I can find one already made? I am not new to Triumphs, but before getting
this
TR8, I have only seen them in pictures. I am very excited to work on this car
and to get it back on the road. I was laying under it, just getting to know
it, when I noticed an exposed wire by the catalytic converter. I pulled the
cat off, and expose the wires so I could see what the deal was. It seems that
there is a bunch of heat generating from the cat and sending it up towards
this wire harness. It has heated it up so many times, and for so long, that
it
haas made the wire sheathing very brittle and has even burned some of the
wires through completely. We have only tried to turn this car over one time
for a few seconds with nothing going to the fuel filter. The electric fuel
pump does not even turn on. I am suspecting
 that this wire harness is the problem. If it is not, it is a good place to
start repairs on this beauty. If you can help, let me know...Thank you!
Shawn Frank 515-339-4228
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/buick-rover-v8/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

---

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:30:56 -0800 (PST)

Thank you I appreciate the info. I will check it out. Shawn
_______________________________________________