zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] engine rebuild question <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <zmag

To: zmagnette@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] engine rebuild question <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
From: laverda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 05:37:31 -0400 (EDT)
--===============8899215885639708161==
 boundary="--------MB_8D14ACB1468371D_33F4_4B122_webmail-m259.sysops.aol.com"

----------MB_8D14ACB1468371D_33F4_4B122_webmail-m259.sysops.aol.com

Buckey
In my experience the rocker towers and not made in sets. So they do not hav=
e all the bores at the same height. Ideally you should be able to slide the=
 rocker shaft into the pedestal's easily after they are torqued to specific=
ation. In reality I doubt you will be able to get them in at all. Shimming =
and aligning the towers will help, but it is time consuming and hard to get=
 them so the shaft will just slide in. I may to fussy but the reality is th=
e support towers should be at least close to keep for stressing the shaft. =
I also like to swap rockers around and shim them to get them, so they are n=
ot so far off center on the valve stem. This helps prevent side loads on th=
e valve guides. You do not want them perfectly centered so the valves rotat=
e slightly under use.
Steve C
=20
=20