wpta

[WPTA] Isolation activities

To: "WPTA e-Mail List" <wpta@autox.team.net>
Subject: [WPTA] Isolation activities
From: Jerry Van Vlack via Wpta <wpta@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:18:02 -0400

--===============1917774836260564955==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0041_01D6076F.92317F50"

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01D6076F.92317F50
        charset="UTF-8"

OK WPTA Nation I have an idea for those of us in Isolation.

A Virtual Tune Up Clinic.=20

Why not your post Triumph activities while in isolation. I=E2=80=99ll =
start it off.
  a.. Converted my TR 4A braking system to the Toyota front calipers and =
larger rear wheel cylinders. Can=E2=80=99t wait to try them out later =
this week. Essential isolated trip somewhere.=20
  b.. Drain and fill Transmission and Overdrive.=20
  c.. Oil and filter change.=20
  d.. Replaced a Valve Spring Retainer which was about to fail. I got =
real lucky that it did not fail on our New England trip last fall.=20
  e.. Adjusted the Valves and check the spark plug gap. I run Pertronix =
so no points to check.=20
  f.. General nut and bolt check for tightness.=20
  g.. Adjusted rear brake shoes. Will install new E brake cables soon.=20
  h.. Greased zerk fittings.=20
  i.. Had the Tach and Speedo checked and lubricated by John Wolf & Co. =
located here in Cleveland. Highly recommend these guys.=20
  j.. And for my good friend Bruce I did check the cylinder head torque =
values and am happy to say they were in spec. I may go to a yearly only =
check from here out.=20
  k.. I may even wash and wax the exterior and do a deep clean of the =
interior if it warms up some.
That=E2=80=99s my list, who=E2=80=99s next?

JVV

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01D6076F.92317F50
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>OK WPTA Nation I have an idea for those of us in Isolation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A Virtual Tune Up Clinic. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Why not your post Triumph activities while in isolation. =
I=E2=80=99ll start it=20
off.</DIV>
<UL>
  <LI>Converted my TR 4A braking system to the Toyota front calipers and =
larger=20
  rear wheel cylinders. Can=E2=80=99t wait to try them out later this =
week. Essential=20
  isolated trip somewhere.=20
  <LI>Drain and fill Transmission and Overdrive.=20
  <LI>Oil and filter change.=20
  <LI>Replaced a Valve Spring Retainer which was about to fail. I got =
real lucky=20
  that it did not fail on our New England trip last fall.=20
  <LI>Adjusted the Valves and check the spark plug gap. I run Pertronix =
so no=20
  points to check.=20
  <LI>General nut and bolt check for tightness.=20
  <LI>Adjusted rear brake shoes. Will install new E brake cables soon.=20
  <LI>Greased zerk fittings.=20
  <LI>Had the Tach and Speedo checked and lubricated by John Wolf &amp; =
Co.=20
  located here in Cleveland. Highly recommend these guys.=20
  <LI>And for my good friend Bruce I did check the cylinder head torque =
values=20
  and am happy to say they were in spec. I may go to a yearly only check =
from=20
  here out.=20
  <LI>I may even wash and wax the exterior and do a deep clean of the =
interior=20
  if it warms up some.</LI></UL>
<DIV>That=E2=80=99s my list, who=E2=80=99s next?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>JVV</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

wpta@autox.team.net

http://www.wptriumph.org

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1917774836260564955==--