wpta

[Thelist] Rear Axle Seal replacement

To: thelist Steve Kirby via <thelist@zmgna.org>
Subject: [Thelist] Rear Axle Seal replacement
From: Peter Hurney via Thelist <thelist@zmgna.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 03:37:45 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
        I shall be replacing my ring & pinion gear set from a 4.3 to a 3.9 soon
and while I am there want to address a leak on one of the outside oil seals. I
havenâ??t done this job before and want to know what it entails. Do I need any
special tools (I remember talk that the hub nut is an oddball 8 point nut)(it
also seems that there is a right and a left hand threaded nut)  and is the oil
seal, gasket and â??Oâ?? ring  the same as an A or a B?
        Once this job is compleat I will have a good 4.3 ring and pinion for
sale cheap if anyone needs one.
Peter Hurney
Berkeley, CA