vtr

Low Mileage TR's For Sale!

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Mileage TR's For Sale!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:01:22 EDT
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
List,

Over the weekend, I came across two interesting Triumphs for sale at a  local
dealership.....

1967 TR4A IRS wire wheels, radio, heater, low mileage - $1649
1966 Spitfire, hardtop & softtop, radio, heater - $1099

Does that sound like a good deal?  Well, it would be today I suppose  but the
page that listed these cars also listed new VW Bugs for $1866:)

They were in a special edition of our paper that I saved in the attic from
the first moon walk on July 21, 1969!  Geez, I could have bought the TR4A  and
the new VW for what I paid for my new TR6 in February of  1969.  As I recall,
the Feb 1969 Car & Driver cover story featuring the  "new" TR6 made it just
too damn hard to resist buying one.....strike one up for  the marketing folks!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA

1976  TR6 CF57822U