vtr

Triumphs Triumph Again!

To: <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumphs Triumph Again!
From: "Blubaugh" <rblubaug@netnitco.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 22:05:54 -0500
Cc: <Alyeska222@aol.com>
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Just returned home from Indy where today (8/13) the Hoosier MGB Club
Unlimited and the Indiana Triumph Club met for the 2nd annual MG - Triumph
Challenge.  There were about 28 MGs and 27 Triumphs attending and following
the dogs, brats, beans, chips, and drinks, the competitive "funkahana"
games began.  After a full afternoon of driving events, Team Triumph was
again victorious and Ye Ode British Oil Can will remain with the Triumph
club for another year.  Although it is not an event with a long history or
an established tradition, the Triumph crowd is certainly proud of the two
gold Triumph key blanks that hang from the gold chain on the handle of the
Oil Can .  The absence of an MG key blank is notably conspicuous (their
turn will come in time).  It was a great day and everyone seemed to have
lots of fun driving, showing and playing with their LBCs.

Thanks to Dr. Scott Hamer (ITC President), David Griffith (ITC VP),Tom
Beaver (ITC Secretary), Allan Harper (ITC Treasurer & Membership Chair),
Dr. Brett Johnson (Editor / Publisher of ITC newsletters), Jay Simpson
(HMGBCU President), Dan Griswold (HMGBCU VP), Judy Simpson (HMGBCU
Secretary), Tom Hitch (HMGBCU Treasurer), Cindy Wood and Jim Paterson
(HMGBCU Board Members), Ruth and Bob Donahue (HMGBCU newsletter editors)
and ALL the folks who helped make this a fun filled event.

Having owned a couple of MGs and now a Triumph TR2,  I tell the MG crowd I
have gone over to the "dark side" and I tell the Triumph crew that I have
finally "seen the light."  I am very proud to be a member of both clubs as
are several others.  Most of the members of both clubs enjoy and appreciate
all British vehicles.  It is really wonderful to participate in events that
bring both clubs together.  Long live the enthusiasts and the little cars
of Coventry and Abdingdon!

Respectfully submitted,
Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, IN