vtr

Re: Triumph motorcar rental in Scotland ?? (fwd)

To: Steve.Lyverse@akzonobel.com
Subject: Re: Triumph motorcar rental in Scotland ?? (fwd)
From: KHoward313@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:23:23 EST
Cc: owner-vtr@autox.team.net, amace@unix2.nysed.gov (Andrew Mace), triumphs@autox.team.net (Scions of Stanpart), vtr@autox.team.net (Vintage Triumph Register general list)
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Steve,

Andy Mace forwarded a copy of your e-mail to me and other members of the VTR
regarding renting a TR in England.

It is possible that Rimmer Brothers in Lincoln, UK, may have some for rent.
I believe they have extras available for use as loaners while cars are being
worked on but I'm not sure if they rent them.  You can check out their web
site: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ or call them at 44-1522-568000. (44 is the
England area code.  You need to dial 011 prior to the area code for an
international call.)

You might also contact Rosy Good at the TR Register in England.  They don't
have cars for rent but might know where you might find one.  You can reach
Rosy my e-mail:  office@tr-register.co.uk.

As a coincidence, my wife Carole and I are also headed for England for a few
weeks from mid May to early June this year.  I'm shipping my 1965 TR4A by
boat.  Total cost is around $1500, probably about what you'd pay to rent a
car for two or three weeks.  If you'd like more information let me know.

Grinnin from gear to gear,

Kent D. Howard
Editor, The English Channel, The Vintage Triumph Register
Editor, The Coventry Commentator, Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin
W330 S3435 Bryn Mawr Road
Dousman, WI  53118-9719
Phone:  262.392.2559
Fax:  262.392.3387