vtr

Submitted for comment

To: VTR <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Submitted for comment
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 11:35:47 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
I am curious about a situation I may affect me at the up coming VTR
National.
The concours rules state that after winning first place in your class twice
you must move into Seniors class. This, I assume, applies to "standard"
classes as well as the modified class.
Now once in Seniors class you compete against the score sheet only. My
question is what exactly does that mean? If your car is obviously modified
e.g. race prepared, roll bar, body modification etc. it would seem obvious
that the judge would apply the rules used in judging a modified car. But
what if after wining your two first places in strictly stock class and now
that you  are in seniors you decide to make a few subtle changes? Say like
uprated bushing and gas shocks to make the car handle a little better than
stock. How would these modifications be looked at in Seniors class?

Just curious.

Ralph Jannelli
VTR #3679