vtr

2 of 3

To: GGEEZZ@aol.com, streeter@vtr.sanders.com
Subject: 2 of 3
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 8 May 07:51:28 1998
Cc: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
1.  Yes, you can even remove the pin by drilling from the opposite
    side with a 1/16" hole and tapping it out...  only catch is the
    drill has to be INSIDE the trans to get at it.

2.  You said "so sure of the way the pin should have been mounted that I
reversed it"
    welcome to the world of Triumphs, you're wrong.

    Note this hinge point is slightly offset from the 4 mounting holes.  Once
    you understand the old racers trick of reversing it to produce MORE negative
    camber (too much for non-racing use) with shorter springs, you'll remember.
    The stock/street location has the nice shock cut-out turned the other way
    with the pin bar all but jammed into the shock mount.  So much for logic.
    I'd suggest you reverse this...   I believe you can unbolt the 4 bolts
    and the 2 into the shock mount, rotate the arms and switch right/left sides
    rather than mess with the nylon bushings...  You did use nylon, right?
    My street setup uses Nylatron bushings front/rear (TRF) and poly sway bar,
    rear shock to trailing arm mounts, and diff mount (BPNW).  With stock
    springs and Michelin 205VR70-15 (NTB special order) on stock wheels
    this gives a crisp ride.   FYI, I am using Spax on the front and Apple
    Heavy Duty Levers on the rear with NEW shock links back there!

3.  cannot remember, sorry

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 512-345-2879