vtr

Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: TR DOCTOR <TRDOCTOR@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:09:13 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net

<<
 In a message dated 97-10-29 07:32:31 EST, rjl6n@virginia.edu writes:

 << I really don't understand this desire on either of your parts - that's
  what the VTR Register is all about.  Why do you wish to re-invent the
  wheel?  No flame intended here, I just don't understand the point of
  duplicating effort.

 John;
 My interest is not in developing a registry.  I am interested in developing a
 simple estimate of the number of sidecurtain cars left. Call it idle
 curiosity. I got interested in the idea while musing about the fascinating
 story of how TR parts came to be remanufactured in the first place, and
 worrying about a parts shortage in the future.  No one is going to produce
 parts into a low demand situation.  Few cars, low demand, no parts.  No
 parts, can't drive the TR . Can't drive the TR, BOO HOO, I'm sad.   I'm
 already hording some high wear parts.  I was off the road some years back
 when the little rubber chingas in the bullet nose starter became briefly
 extinct.  I've got 4 or 5 of them hidden away now.  I would guess that TRF
 and MOSS have made estimates of how many cars might be available.  Why
 produced 5,000 parts when you believe there are only 1,000 cars left?

 There are at least 3 'Registers'  which include sidecurtain cars of which I
 am aware. VTR, Triumph Register of America and the Triumph Register in
 England. They are, as I believe they should be, a voluntary register, hence
 they are incomplete when it comes to counting a total.

 Joe's interest is different and for a different purpose, from mine and from
 those of the various clubs or 'Registers".
 Bob Paul
 Corrales NM

I laud (sp?) your efforts and here is the info on my '3A:
TS45355LO
1959
Red with Grey interior
Sam Clark