vtr

Re: VTR Nationals

To: sclose@swbell.net
Subject: Re: VTR Nationals
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 06:36:52 -0400
Cc: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Sherry & Erik wrote:

>   I agree with you for the most part. $75 is not too much to pay
> for all that was offered. But the real point is $75 per car. 'I'
> can only attend so many events, tech-sessions, etc. But why do I
> need to pay that much for parking space just to sit another car
> in the parking lot the day of the concourse?

Ah, I mis-understood your original question.  You are
absolutely right, additional cars shouldn't cost $75
each.  For this reason, there *were* discounted rates
at the convention for either additional drivers on the
same car, or for additional cars with the same driver.

Below is the fee schedule that RRTC used for VTR '97.
If somebody mis-explained this to you, they must not
have had a registration form in front of them.

  First car:  $75  ($10 discount for early pre-reg)
  Additional driver, same car:  $15
  Additional car, same driver:  $25

As to whether or not the above $25 fee for additional
cars is "nominal" or not could be a point of contention,
but the intent is to be able to cover the additional
costs (trophies, dash plaque, etc.) which result from
an additional car.

I'm sorry if you had been mis-informed and thus
missed an opportunity to enjoy all your Triumphs
at VTR'97!

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--