vtr

SILICONE VALVE COVER GASKET - TRiumphs... MORGAN?

To: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SILICONE VALVE COVER GASKET - TRiumphs... MORGAN?
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:27:30 -0700
Cc: Me <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all.  I'm on the Triumph News Group... but thought I'd share my
new product with the VTR group.  (Sorry to hit the shared TR group
people again!)

I have developed a new high performance silicone gasket for the TR 2-4A
range of Triumphs.  I suspect this would also fit the Morgan's that had
this motor.  (Other Triumphs to follow.)

If you'd like to see it, check out my website:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/1486/

I am sure you would be very very pleased with this gasket!  For those
who are interested... there's more details below.   Please write me with
ANY questions!

                   ************************************

The gasket was designed around the TR 2 through 4A four cyclinder motor
with a stock valve cover.

A similar gasket should be available for the TR 6 range of motors
sometime after Halloween.

Following this, gaskets will be made available for the other Triumphs.

This gasket was designed to address the idiosyncrasies of the stock
pressed steel valve cover.  It is unknown how effective this gasket will
be with an aluminum valve cover.  You may try the gasket with such a
cover, and return it (within 60 days) if not satisfied.

The gasket is made of silicone.  It is available in two colors.  Blue
and Black.  While both colors are high performance and high temperature,
the blue is a different silicone.

The blue silicone is slightly firmer and can handle slightly higher peak
temperatures... Therefore it is recommended for racing where higher peak
temperatures may be experienced and where the cover will probably be
removed and re-installed much more often than a daily driver under
routine maintenance.  (This is only a recommendation.)

The gasket will not slip in or out from under the installed valve cover
as a cork or standard cut neoprene gasket can.   No "sticky" gasket
dressings are required nor recommended to hold this gasket in place.

Another note for racing:  Apparently some racers experience clearance
problems between the cover and the rockers due to engine modifications.
As a result, they "stack" stock gaskets.  This gasket is significantly
taller and may solve this problem.

This gasket is so effective, that a true seal can be achieved with only
a finger-tightening of the nuts.  Installation is FAST.

The gasket is $20.00 each plus $5.00 shipping and handling (domestic)
                               $2.00 for each additional gasket
                                     within the same order
                               +Sales Tax in Calif.

Send your payment, personal check or money order (domestic) to:

Justin Wagner
1613 Chelsea Road   Box 145
San Marino, CA   91108

If you are ordering from outside the United States, please e-mail me for
additional ordering information.

If you have counter-sales... this gasket will sell itself...  You can
tell it's going to work great just by looking at it!!

As a promotion for the individual clubs, on any order of 5 gaskets,
you'll get one free gasket.

Please write with any additional questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Justin Wagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com
Los Angeles