vtr

Re: hardtop window rubber in europe? (fwd)

To: Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: hardtop window rubber in europe? (fwd)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:24:00 +0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:15:17 +0500 (EST)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hardtop window rubber in europe?

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, robert ylitalo wrote:

> To my spitfire mk2 1965 i need the window rubber to the hardtop
> I got the name of a company call victoria british but i think that
> is in the U.S. Does anyone know of a company in europe that can deliver
> theese parts to me.
> --
> Robert Ylitalo

Robert, several issues back in _The Vintage Triumph_ (Vintage Triumph
Register magazine), there was an article about someone who struggled for
some time with a similar problem and finally came up with a workable
solution that did NOT involve seals currently advertised to fit the
Spitfire hardtop. (Apparently what some vendors currently sell really
doesn't match the original profile and doesn't fit very well, either.)

I can try to dig out the article tonight and give you details tomorrow,
unless someone reading this now has that issue handy (it might be #62 or
#63). Although I think the article was written by someone in the U.S., the
information might still be useful to you.

--Andy